Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
Revelio and Open Sesame! Double Clutch Hatching! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:16 pm
Such sweet pain, to realize the moment your child was ready to step away from you. To go off on their own. But Krahsujunth would take pride, not pain in it. Are you ready? They’re waiting for you, you know. The blue gave the lightest of boops to his diminutive son. I could go with you. If you want. It felt like something he ought to encourage Baby Mine to do alone. But he could never force his child to struggle alone. Family relied on one another after all.
Uta

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:20 pm
FISHER

The fisher-candidate paused in her steps about the brown when one of the blues put himself on the move, and she looked to that. Were she to have six eyes or everything else she'd be able to see all the progress on the sands without stress. As it were she was getting a headache trying to keep up with dragonets here and there, not to mention the ache of wanting something to drink to tide her over against the heat of the sands.

These poor dragonets were probably in the same boat.  

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:27 pm
Candidate Nalacko she/her

Fairly certain the brown had no interest in her, Nala turned her attention to the other babies. There was the cute little white, a statue-like blue, and another blue playing with Kronoseth. She watched as the statue-like blue began to move out among the candidates.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:36 pm
Halvor

Just like that, at least three more dragons impressed. One of them was the white he’d been looking at. There were still other’s out on the sands. He realized quickly that he wasn’t going to be impressing today and chose to continue sitting next to Tarnaria, at least for the moment. If the dragonet called him forth, he’d move, but not until then. Of course, there was still the chance that he could. Halvor realized in that moment that he needed to work on his ability to hope for something. After so long of not letting it grow within himself it was hard to imagine what that must be like. How’d he even go about it? This was something he’d have to think over later. Maybe the dragonets knew that there was barely anything left in him.

“Andranis”

~Kiana_Nala~

Romantic Raider

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:14 pm
Tarnaria

She shook her head, "No, I don't think I'll be doing much standing at this point. I'm going to be out for a bit until this heals enough to go back to my duties." She let out a whistful sigh, then quietly voiced what she was sure Halvor was thinking. "I'm not sure either one of us is going to Impress this time.." She smiled a bit sadly, shifting where she sat. It was... Unusual. She'd never felt disappointment before like this, but then she realized... She'd never really managed to get out of her own head enough to realize she was. "There'll be other clutches, though, right?" Maybe, if they were lucky, even at Western. She had missed out on seeing it last time they had a clutch, having had a bad cold. She needed a distraction, though. "So, where did you come to High Reaches from, Halvor? I don't think I've talked enough at length with anybody to find that out." She let out a little laugh, "I'm usually too occupied with my chores and making bread for the Weyr with the kitchen staff when I'm not doing chores to really talk to anybody..."

~Kiana_Nala~

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:01 am
Zamistia and Nanuth

Zamistia managed a small smile for Amila, nodding her head in agreement to what she said. She knew Nanuth was her family, in fact, he was a part of her she had been lacking for a long time. He was her strength and courage, while she was his patience and humility. Part of her still couldn't believe it was real, but Nanuth gave her every assurance he was her's now and always. She gently stroked the top of his head, the brown still curled in his bonded's lap. She was starting to feel itchy and knew it was coming from Nanuth, she would need to oil him soon. For now, he seemed to be content in his place, providing her warmth and love.

"I feel the...same way about...Nanuth. I know he..will always be..there for me. No matter what..life may bring...I am never..alone. I look forward...to seeing more..of their family..impress,"Zamistia replied to Amila.

It seems one of our brothers already picked one of her friends. Perhaps, more of our siblings or cousins will also see merit in those remaining. Only time will tell, let's just hope it isn't ruined by more sharding idiots,the brown responded. His eyes were still red, but some green was trying to seep through, now that the offender had been kicked out. Speaking of their siblings, he noticed one of their eggs rocking out there on the sands. It was one he was keeping an eye on, another who had been nothing but wonderful to his rider. Then another of his siblings were making their presence known, a blue brother. Not long after, his green sister came into the world, his eyes getting more green at that.

Nanuth..can we become friends with..whoever she bonds to?the redhead thought softly.

Of course, Mine. She gave you some strength during the touching, so surely her's will too,Nanuth assured, reaching up to nuzzle her cheek. His admiration for his green sister seemed to deepen as she checked on some of the wounded candidates. He also felt the gratitude from Nala, even if she did not know it was him sending the encouragement. That was fine with him, as he poured more into the girl, hoping she would find her dragon among his kin. He noticed his blue brother just laying there, what in the world was he doing? Shaking his head, the brown could only imagine he was going to have to wait and see. At the worries of one of his white brother's, Nanuth's hearts went out to him. It was another he was keeping an eye on for his, who had been good to her, despite her mistaken impression that she had upset him and Father.

Your sibling cried while I..was there. I couldn't help it,Zamistia thought quietly to the thought. She was so happy to see Krahsujunth watching over the little white so tenderly. For as fierce as the blue looked, he really had a heart of gold. She just hoped the little baby would find just the right rider, someone she would get to meet..when the little one was ready. It didn't escape her notice as one of the bronzes on the sands impressed to..someone in the stands. Then the green that bit one of the candidates found her's too. Her eyes then noticed the green from one of the eggs she touched on the move..heading right to...Shar! Her eyes widened in surprise, before a bright smile came to her lips. Her friend had impressed to a beautiful green.

I guess that makes being friends with my green sister easier, dear heart. Considering she already is one. Bossuth, Yulaniath...Mine and I would like to congratulate you both,the brown teased his rider, then warmly called out to his siblings. That only left Nala and Tizzy now, which he sent both another gentle wave of love and strength. As the bigger of the twins came over to the feeding tables, he watched him very closely. He didn't trust him at all, not after what he saw the other do to his littler twin.

Thaliawen

Hattaki

NovaCracker

SilverLutz

magnadearel

Demanthra and Monath

While Demanthra was trying hard to keep herself in good cheer, Monath was getting some love from a very wonderful source. What she would give to be snuggled next to him..next to both of those dragons she loved..but she had to be closer to the action. She listened to his thoughts to her, oh he had such a way to make her hearts flutter. She knew he was right, the bronze had been forced to leave and there was still babies yet to impress.

I will try to calm down, dear one, thank you for your love. I am just worried about Mine, she has wanted to help with the candidates since before we met. I do not want her or any of the candidatemaster team to be in trouble because of sharding dimglows,Monath thought up to her brown softly. She was trying to find her center again, knowing her beloved rider needed her strength right now. She also felt her brother as he reached out to her. Even if Aresoth was trying to keep the anger at bay, the green could feel it there. She knew he was right, but she didn't know if the Weyrleaders would see it the same way.

Gr'del is a wonderful man, he guided our's to where they were ready for us. He is always looking out for all of the candidates and taught them so much. I do not want any of the team to suffer for people doing things they were told not to. And yes, I suppose the Western riders are not taught to show the respect we have been,Monath answered her brother. They may not always agree about who was important in the Weyr, they at least to disrespect a queen in her home. How would that rider have liked if they disrespected their leaders at Western?

Zeno dear, do know that I apologize for anything that bronze said about any of you lovely golds,Monath thought to her dear golden sister.

BastetAmun

-_Wish of Tevarae_-

Quote:
Any other of Tarot can speak to sister<3

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:09 am
Sylfie and Hesperith
Once she'd caught the fuss over Regory, Sylfie's attention, too, had been pulled away from the Hatching again (and her relief that Theo hadn't seemed to hear her probably-too-personal assertion that he would make a good dragonrider), and she rushed to coo sympathetically over the stricken blue. "Oh, overdone it, have we?  P-poor little thing..."

A nearby bugle earned a brief glance, then a second.  A bronze, coming up into the Stands?  Oh, my!  Whoever for?  But then Theo said something, and she looked back to the Harper, who was wearing quite a curious expression.  Then the quill snapped, and she realized.  And she, too, sucked in a breath, and just possibly may have made a sort of squeak of a sound.  It...it was Theo's!  Oh, oh, Faranth...

Hesperith, meanwhile, could have bugled with joy, but did her very best to contain herself.  Her eyes were deepest blue as she crooned down to the little bronze, sending waves of approval and affection. Why hello! she replied, all indulgent fondness. Here to whisk away my Harper, are you?  I suppose that's alright.  You look to be a very fine bronze, so I will trust you with him.

Sylfie stood - when had she even stood up? - nearly frozen as Theo fumbled with Regory and his desk, and with apologies.  Apologies! "It's- It's okay," she assured him, with a bubble of stunned laughter, "Go, just- go!"

And as she watched him do just that, desk under one arm, she bent to collect Regory from where he'd rolled back down into the bag.  She held him gently in the crook of one arm, and then set about carefully collecting the scattered trail of papers, from their tier down to the next, and the next, until to gather the others she'd have had to leave the Stands.  The desire was there - they were important! - but she well knew not to go any farther.  Maybe...maybe after everything was done.... So there she stopped and sat, setting the mussed stack of papers beside her so that she could cradle Regory in her arms.  She rocked just slightly and pressed her face against him, and quietly wept tears of joy.

Because her friend's dream had come true.

Because he would stay.

ShinosBee

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:20 am
Ruunan [HR] - 16 - he/him/his - App Woodcrafter

Where had… where on Pern had that egg come from? Had one of his mothers (which one was his mother?) buried him for safekeeping? Still- he was a… lovely… creature. Somehow he reminded Ruunan a little of Nyara- although no doubt she and… was it Mic? Mictecath..? Anyway, they would probably bristle at the thought of being compared to anyone else. Probably.

With a slight chuckle, he followed Rykin to join the group of candidates lining up for inspection. At least the brown had a good idea of who he was searching for- not that Ruunan believed himself worthy or... handsome? Not like the dragon, anyway.

His eyes did stray back to Baby Mine White, Krahsujunth, and… his sister? Well. If she and her dragon had felt the need to help, who could hold it against them? His smile turned warm, before he shifted his focus once more to Beer Batter Brown.

”smerdle”
Ruunan follows Rykin. =]

Sweet Symmetry

Tipsy Kitten

Sweet Symmetry

Tipsy Kitten

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:49 am
Keleres [WW] - 21 - she/her/hers - JM Masseuse (spy)

The heat stung the soles of her feet, and Keleres found herself doing one of those silly mincing steps to keep from becoming too uncomfortable. Her world was still a little bit spinny on the edges- she craved a breath of fresh air more than anything else… or maybe a little bit of water…

It wasn’t the hatchlings fault, of course. They didn’t know how early or late or how long they would take. Most of them were doing the best they could- and with sixty different, varied personalities, there were bound to be a few… accidents. The sight of bloodshed earlier had shocked her deeply, but it was a part of candidacy. The danger had passed, and whilst they might mourn the loss later, now was not appropriate.

And yet… some felt that the hatching had gotten boring because of it. Because some dragons chose to take longer in their choices, or were uncertain, or not yet able to break through. Eveleth roared her disapproval at candidates falling asleep on the sands, and the young, red-headed courtesan massaged her temples. Shells… such tremendous power. Of course. Then a Western Bronzerider (ah, Jak… something? Kel fumbled for the name in her mind) spoke up, throwing fuel on the flame- and it felt like the whole of High Reaches rose against him.

Things were going very pear-shaped. The young woman writhed internally. She was from Western, though did not consider herself especially attached to Western Weyr itself. Rivercrest felt- and still was, in her mind- more home than anywhere else… but this was partly why she was here. To find a new home. To find a place where her heart might settle again. She hoped High Reaches wouldn’t turn her away from the sands for the faux-pas of one rider… that somehow, the two leaderships could work together to avoid future mistakes and rebuild cordial relations again.

She carried hope in the depths of her heart, and watched as dragonets Impressed. So many found theirs, and she clapped, wincing as the sound rang painfully in her ears. She forced a smile when she thought Rhys might glance over at her, and continued to shift ever-so-gently from one foot to the other, to a beat only she could hear.

There was a cheeky-but-gorgeous brown asking to better inspect the candidates, and she laid her hand on Rhys’ arm as if to guide him. “Would you care to join me? We don’t want to displease any more dragons.” Her smile grew wry, and she gave him a little wink. Sometimes it was fun to be playful- although overt flirting on the sands was probably a very stupid idea indeed. She let the moment slip away, as though entirely forgotten, and took a step towards the Beer Batter Brown.

”-_Wish of Tevarae_-”
Kel wants to lead Rhys towards the Beer Batter Brown, for inspection! heart

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:27 am
Rhys - HR

Rhys? He was anxious. His heart still hurt, but he was paying attention to Kel as best he could. So few little ones left on the sands, and his sister? He could see her in the weyrling area. It was strange, being seperated from his twin sister...Being so....alone, but he had a friend now. "Rhys. My name is Rhys." Best to introduce himself, wasn't it? Slowly, he let his hand rest on hers as she asked him if he'd join her. Smiling a bit awkwardly, he nodded, following her footsteps towards the Brown that had asked for attention, "Yeah. I wouldn't mind at all. I'm loving all of these little ones." He followed her, letting his arm offer out, for her to hold. Why not? Despite the fact that he was....still terribly anxious, he was still recording the hatching in his mind, wasn't he? "Shards, this is all exciting."

Sweet Symmetry

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Generous 100

Sweet Symmetry

Tipsy Kitten

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:39 am
Nyaranau [HR] - 19 - she/her/hers - Weyrling of Gold Mictecath

Nyara stroked Mictecath’s hide without much thought. The golden dragonet was content, despite the burrowing hunger shared in the pits of their stomachs. Then, as Baby Mine White resolved himself to face his fate no matter what, Mictecath gave a cheerful bugle, nuzzling him. You can do it, my dear brother. And all of us will be waiting to welcome you! And there were going to be so many cuddles. Just a ridiculous amount of cuddles.

The young woman grinned as Mic’s enthusiasm and loved poured through their bond once more. She was unreserved about her affections- something that Nyara totally understood. Love was for sharing, after all. It was not some finite, expendable resource that one had to hoard. It was something to shower on those who needed it, on those who deserved it, on those who earned it… “Food. Come on, love… you’re hungry, so am I. I’m going to be eating out of those buckets soon myself, I can feel it.” She gave a small laugh as she stood, bowing her head to Krahsujunth.

Mictecath watched her, glancing towards her papa, then gave a last nuzzle for Baby Mine. Good luck, brother. Papa will always be there for us, never fear. See you very soon!

And finally- finally- the pair were making their way to the feeding tables. Nyara flashed Ruunan a brilliant grin and a thumbs up, and chuckled as he shuffled his feet awkwardly. He was lining up, it seemed, at the request of a brown, to whom Mic gave a passing croon of amusement… Then there was the healer bay, where Mictecath’s footsteps began to slow, and it was only Nyara’s firm and guiding hand on her forehead that kept her moving, instead of stopping to nuzzle Bossuth and Yulaniath. “Afterwards… Afterwards, I promise! You can say hello. But you are so hungry I think you might fall over.”

Nonsense. I would never do that. And yet, the smell of fresh meat was ever so enticing… she hadn’t quite realised how ravenous she was, given her concern. She paused to croon at her golden sister Anakumath, once again resisting the urge to run over and nuzzle her as well, and then moved to a spot that gave her a vantage point so that she might watch her siblings play as she was being fed.

It was the same spot occupied by none other than Ar’din and Alquemieth. Mictecath gave a little sniff, and tilted her head. I’m glad to see you came to your senses, Alquemieth! I hope you’re able to teach your rider to respect our family better. Her tone was firm, more of an order than a hope really. Steadily whirling eyes, blue-green flecked with red, settled on Ar’din’s blood-stained face. Nyara tilted her head as she watched the interaction, pulling a bucket closer.

“Hi.” She began tentatively, until familiarity rang a bell. “Oh- you’re the one Mic bowled over.” The one who thought little of love. She picked up a piece of meat and fed it to the gold before her, already feeling the sting of her own hunger a little less. There was something else in the pit of her stomach, however- a vestige of anger. Was it hers, or Mic’s? She tried to send a wave of soothing reassurance towards her dragon, a smile on her face. “And your dragon- Alquemieth? He was one of the twin bronzes, right?” The smile was still there. Glued, or forced. The lightness in her voice didn’t quite match her eyes, which held a hard glint within their deepy, chocolatey gaze.

The one who had snapped at Ruunan.

Alquemieth doesn’t want to harm our family. Mictecath spoke aloud to both parties, certain and confident. He’d better not, if he knew what was good for him- she’d made herself clear on that point. He learnt his lesson… And I hope his rider did too. She had no qualms making her mindvoice audible to those in question- including them in her conversation with her rider. Her gaze shifted momentarily back to Ar’din as she swallowed some meat, then returned to Nyara.

Nobody messed with family. Not on Mic's watch. Not when she had the support of Nyara's fierce mind and heart as well. No. She nudged her rider gently, who gave a small, jubilant laugh- the dazed, I've-Impressed-and-I'm-not-dreaming kind- and fed her some more chopped meat.

”ShinosBee”
Mic/Nyara to Krahsujunth

”Uta”
Mic to Baby Mine

”Mr Cheri”
Mic to Beer Batter Brown

”Hattaki”
Mic about Bossuth/Radish

”SilverLutz”
Mic about Yulaniath

”demon_pachabel”
Mic to Ana

”medigel”
Nyara and Mic start eating near/next to Ar’din and Alque- ‘for better or worse’. >D

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:59 am
Keleres [WW] - 21 - she/her/hers - JM Masseuse (spy)

There were many ways of telling how a person handled being touched- and Kel had learnt a number of them in her line of work. Rhys struck her as the kind-of-awkward sort, and she found herself, for the tiniest second, wondering what had happened to make him seem so... shy? Maybe it was just that she was a strange, unfamiliar person? Perhaps he was a more upstanding fellow than those she had come to know in Rivercrest- and even some weyrfolk at Western?

Of course- she didn't know his pain. Couldn't read his thoughts. Perhaps he was just more focused on the hatching because that was the most important thing, then and there? Nevertheless, there was a sweetness to him that was endearing- and more than that, a sense of enthusiasm that she enjoyed. He seemed genuine, and that was too rare a thing in her world. She was glad for his company.

“They’re brilliant. So unique. Such character and personality in every one of them.” Kel found herself gushing a little, taking his offered arm as they strolled to join the line. “When you think you’ve seen it all- another egg cracks open to change it all up again.” It was enough to get dizzy from it! Maybe that was why she didn’t feel quite right?

“The biggest clutch in Pernese history, right? Well, a double-clutch… but the biggest hatching, I suspect. It really is exciting.” Kel grinned, a brilliant expression that shone in her green eyes. It was hard not to be enthusiastic in such good company. It definitely drove home how much she needed to get out there and befriend other Western candidates, after this was over… If there were any left by the time the hatching was done.

-_Wish of Tevarae_-
More for Rhys!

Sweet Symmetry

Tipsy Kitten

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:27 am
Rhys - HR
The boy laughed softly, "The largest I know about at least. I'm enjoying it so much. I love these things...They give me a lot to write and double-check in the records room later." He liked her enthusiasm, found it refreshing over his sister's cynical nature. Reminded him rather of some of the other Candidates, "My twin Impressed not long ago, the red-eyed Green....I think she said Saevath? He looked longingly that way for a moment, then back over to Kel. Lovely girl, so kind. It was nice, to have that kind of comfort.

Sweet Symmetry

Alumet of Gold Zenobiath
The CANDIDATES this hatching! The gold was affronted by their behavior, rumbling low as Eveleth roared. Such aspersions cast upon the Golds, and upon their children, and she would not stand for it...but it was not her place to speak, nor to react. Her place was here, on her ledge with her beloved. The two little Golds were a credit to each of their mothers, and would be a fine addition among the Queens. She, herself, would want to meet them, and their Riders. Her throat was rumbling louder as things went on, all but vibrating her ledge until Monath dared to reach to her. The Green got the most gentle brush of her mind, a kind sense of love, Believe me, beloved. I am enraged, but Eveleth, Rhianth, and Fianth can handle themselves....I will be watching to see what's done about such soured behaviors on part of dragon and candidate..."]

Dea and #Teddy#

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:13 am
Lucius--High Reaches Candidate

More candidates impressed and the number of dragonets on the sands was dwindling. He watched as a bronze made its way to the stands, watched as it tried to climb up the stairs to get to his. He wanted to go over there and try and help the baby if he needed it, but he stayed still. His bonded would be there to help him and he was right. A man was quick to go to the bronze, paper trailing behind him. There was even a woman following behind, picking up the paper. Lucius recognized her as one of the Junior Weyrwomen of their weyr.

Blue eyes followed the man's movements as he moved with his dragon and Lucius finally moved from his place next to Zelaya. He began to pick up the papers that were trailing behind the man, though once he had picked them all up towards the stairs he did not move to hand them back to the man, instead he offered the bundle out towards Sylfie, giving the normal salute as he did so. "Ma'am, these are your friend's, some of the ones that were on the sands. They must be important."

Meepfur
Lucius had to.

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:37 am

Daddy, I found him! Expecto Patronum declared, prancing excitedly over to Lucius. You were so clever hiding from your Tierth, my Lucius, but I found you anyway! Can we play together? You can be the knight and I'll be the dragon, okay? For the little blue would always be Lucius's dragon, now and forever. And look at those funny things that Lucius had in his hands! What were they? Were they a game? Tierth would keep them safe if they were in danger. He spread his little wings wide, showing everyone just how fierce he truly was, his eyes whirling with rainbow hues.

User Image

BastetAmun

[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas