Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark
Out of Character Thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:38 am
Good time to get a crit smile  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:54 pm
I was just thinking to myself Revenge and Valac give me Guts and Griffith vibes.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

So when can we expect Revenge to sacrifice us all?  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:20 pm
I'm Guts, right? biggrin  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:42 am
Rain Yupa
I'm Guts, right? biggrin

Duh, valac is the pretty boy of the group.  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:09 pm
Rain Yupa

Oops, accidently posted this in the main thread before moving it here, but who is Beatrice? Does Revenge have a mount I forgot about? The route taken to reach here was only traversable by people or creatures with the ability to climb and walk along ropes.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:36 am
Lydia was going to provide us lizards, I believe Revenge just named his rented beast.

I Will edit when I find the exact passage
Kowsauni
"Ah, that depends upon how you travel. With a brisk pace and someone who knows the way, you could reach the city gates in the better part of three days. Though, by faster means, you might be able to complete the journey in just two. I'm afraid the path is a little too perilous for horses and you will find nothing like that left in this city at this point. Though, I do have some connections where I could arrange alternate forms of transportation."

((Kuori knows the best way to get around this part of the Underdark is on large riding lizards.))

"The real question is, what you are going to do once you get there? Storm the gates? Their failed military campaign has left them severely weakened, but they are far from helpless. A group as small as yourself would quickly be defeated if you are tried to brute force your way in." Lydia would flash a mischievous grin "...If only there was a secret path into their city and someone happened to know that information[...
next post...

Lydia seemed a bit surprised by Kuori comments. .."Tamed spiders? Why, I wouldn't trust anyone with my pets. No, I was referring to obtaining some lizard mounts to speed you on your way.

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:53 am
Kowsauni
Rain Yupa

Oops, accidently posted this in the main thread before moving it here, but who is Beatrice? Does Revenge have a mount I forgot about? The route taken to reach here was only traversable by people or creatures with the ability to climb and walk along ropes.

Second paragraph of my post. smile

"Revenge would move towards his mount, which he affectionately named 'Beatrice' over the past few days. Saddling up, he secured his shield onto his left arm."  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:22 am
Oh, I did mention that, but no one seemed to take her up on the offer so I figured you guys were just walking it. I would have mentioned giving you lizard mounts if that is what Lydia was doing. You guys would have taken a slightly different route had you had mounts, (like not taking the spider silk rope bridge across the ceiling.) If you guys really want to have the riding lizards, that fine, but they will have to stay behind with Lydia before you enter the city. They are not battle trained and Lydia would not want to risk them getting hurt or killed.  

Kowsauni
Crew

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:30 am
Kowsauni
Oh, I did mention that, but no one seemed to take her up on the offer so I figured you guys were just walking it. You guys would have taken a slightly different route had you had mounts, (like not taking the spider silk rope bridge across the ceiling.) If you guys really want to have the riding lizards, that fine, but they will have to stay behind with Lydia before you enter the city. They are not battle trained and Lydia would not want to risk them getting hurt or killed.

I read the exchange was that we HAD to use riding lizards to get there, either at all or in enough time to make a difference. I didn't realize we walked.

Phrases from your post here:

"Sometimes, they walked along the cavern walls" and "High on a niche carved out in the cavern wall" made it seem inaccessible unless we were on leezards.

Also, "The next two and a half days of traveling were grueling" when (as you can read in SCN's quote) we'd get there on leezards in "two days" so the number 2 stuck out in my mind.

So, just to confirm: We did NOT take leezards, and we walked, and I should edit my post, correct?  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:06 pm
personally, I like having the lizards.

if someone(Npc) is injuried they can be ambulizard to the safety New Lostlight/Lydia's shack.

And Revenge can be a real paladin of yore. blaugh  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:33 pm
The way I originally wrote it, no, you guys did not travel there on riding lizards.

However, I am saying if you wanted to, since I did mention it, we can retcon it that you guys did travel by lizard, but, I am also saying the lizard ride would end right now as Lydia would not let you take her lizards into the city where they might get hurt or killed. (technically the lizards wouldn't even be hers. She would be borrowing them from one of her contacts)

Depending on what happens, the lizards could still be around when you depart the citadel for your return trip. Lydia just wont let you take them inside. They wouldn't fit through the secret entrance anyways and would have to climb over the wall.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:54 pm
I intend to use the lizard to get me from high place to low place and close to city so I can get the rest of the way on foot. "You got the riding lizard killed and you have to walk back" is not high on Revenge's priority list.

Plus, no Mounted Combat feats.

I vote Yes on Proposition 1 since Revenge prefers to have bonded with Beatrice during the journey over bonding with bunions.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:43 am
Alright, I'm just going to say you guys did procure and use the lizard mounts  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:25 pm
Kowsauni

No edits necessary on my end then, yeah?  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:07 am
Rain Yupa
Kowsauni

No edits necessary on my end then, yeah?

correct  
[D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces