Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply Geezerville ~ RP's
Aqua Springs ~ ART GALLERY OPEN! ~ Geezerville Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 115 116 117 118 119 120 ... 470 471 472 473 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Should Art Nights be moved to Fridays?
  Yes
  No
  Doesn't matter
  I just want gold
View Results

Cuwen

Questionable Inquisitor

7,425 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:10 pm
{{It was??? Hmm... RAAAAZZ!!!.. wink lol}}

{{And I'm getting tired, too. I should head to bed. Hopefully I'll see you both tomorrow. smile }}

Amy looked over at Jessi and smiled knowingly. Jessi was smiling at her in the same way. Then, Amy looked back at Daniel.

"Yep. Jessi, you and Kits did a great job with the hiring. Daniel, I'm very impressed with your professionalism and passion for the job. I like your ideas, too. Do you think you could write them down so that Kits and I can look at them together and then get back to you on what we think? I'd really appreciate that."

She sighed softly and stood up. "I'm sorry I can't stay longer, but I'm tired. I've been moving stuff all day and I'm about ready to collapse. I will probably be in tomorrow. It was very nice meeting you, Daniel, and I'm very glad you're with us. Jessi, please give Daniel my cell number so that he can get a hold of me anytime he needs to. Thank you."

She smiled at both Jessi and Daniel and then headed out. Jessi was looking after her meaningfully and shaking her head. "That girl... she shouldn't be moving so much stuff. Karrie should be helping her! In fact, he should be insisting she not lift anything. Did you see how tired she was? Horrible..."

Jessi shook herself out of her ramblings and then handed Daniel Amy's business card from the Rolodex with an embarrassed smile on her face. "Nevermind what I just said, please, Daniel. Sometimes I just ramble."

{{Yep. More tired than I thought. Halfway through this post, I kept typing 'David' instead of 'Daniel'... oi. lol. Night!}}  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:20 pm
"Oookay."

Daniel took the card form Jessi, and truly had no trouble disregarding what she had just rambled out, since he had no idea what she was going on about.

"Well, I'm gonna go dig up a computer somewhere and start typing up the ideas I already have. If you need me...well, obviously you know how to get me."

Giving Jessi a quick wave, Daniel hops up from the chair and heads back into the depths of Aqua Springs.  

FireSpark
Crew

Aged Citizen

8,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

MiroIsBored

Adorable Cleric

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:55 am
Cuwen
{{Retroposting to a few days ago.}}

Amy nodded to Miro's statement. But when she mentioned resurrecting the dead, both her and Tommy looked over at her with shocked expressions. Amy was the first to softly stutter.

"Res... Resurrecting the dead? Surely you must be joking."
:: Miro shakes her head and gives Amethyst a "stern" look... though it doesn't actually look very stern at all, not that Miro herself notices as much. ::
Miro doesn't joke. She's always super serious mad

:: She then reaches behind her and pulls out the stocking-shaped backpack, stuffing her empty dark chocolate creme container in it as well as her spoon, then digs around a bit until she finds her
Water Sprinkler of Nem Ankh (which is actually a flail that appears to have water coming from the spikes) and pulls it out ::
Miro usually uses this. She has spells too, but those cost mana. It takes a bit longer to cast from this, but it's less taxing for Miro 3nodding

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:34 am
-after Miru and Dec finish their snowball fight, they try sledding out for a while, going up and down, lugging the sled back up the large hill and doing it again. Very tried after that, they decide to ride the Trolley back and then relax in the lounge for a while, eating cookies and drinking hot cocoa. Finally full of sweets, Dec realises he should probably fill the child full of real food and they take their leave of Aqua Springs. They gather their things, nod to the person behind the front desk, and head out-  

Miru J-sama

Cuwen

Questionable Inquisitor

7,425 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:44 am
MiroIsBored
Cuwen
{{Retroposting to a few days ago.}}

Amy nodded to Miro's statement. But when she mentioned resurrecting the dead, both her and Tommy looked over at her with shocked expressions. Amy was the first to softly stutter.

"Res... Resurrecting the dead? Surely you must be joking."
:: Miro shakes her head and gives Amethyst a "stern" look... though it doesn't actually look very stern at all, not that Miro herself notices as much. ::
Miro doesn't joke. She's always super serious mad

:: She then reaches behind her and pulls out the stocking-shaped backpack, stuffing her empty dark chocolate creme container in it as well as her spoon, then digs around a bit until she finds her
Water Sprinkler of Nem Ankh (which is actually a flail that appears to have water coming from the spikes) and pulls it out ::
Miro usually uses this. She has spells too, but those cost mana. It takes a bit longer to cast from this, but it's less taxing for Miro 3nodding

Both Amy and Tommy looked at the object as if they were looking at the Holy Grail. It looked so magical and amazing. They both actually believed Miro because Amy could use magic. So they knew it was possible to have even stronger magic, such as to resurrect someone.

Amy looked up at Miro, managing to tear her eyes away from the object. "That's... amazing, Miro. And you have to have something to channel your magic through when you're not using spells? I... I use magic as well, but I don't use anything. I don't really cast spells. I don't know any so I don't know if I can or not. But I just naturally use magic. I'm still practicing it."

She looked at the pillows over on one of the leather couches and concentrated. Wind picked up, went over to one of the pillows, moved it slightly, and then the wind picked up the pillow and set it down on the other side of the couch. Then, the wind died down and Amy looked back at Miro.

"That's kind of what I can do. Have you been able to do any magic just on your own?"

Tommy could sense that Amy was becoming personally-invested in this woman an turned back to put the brownies in the oven. He tried not to listen in on what they were talking about.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:22 pm
If there is a way to cast without channeling through objects, Miro hasn't learned it yet sweatdrop Miro always uses spells because that's how Miro was taught 3nodding Some spells take longer to cast than others, though. Ones that work instantly is the closest Miro gets to not using spells at all.

:: Miro idly starts swinging the flail around rather dangerously, as if it were just a set of keys spinning around her finger ::
Miro has heard of people using magic without spells. It seems a lot more flexible and practicle 3nodding , but spells seems to allow for stronger types of magic... at least in Miro's world sweatdrop Miro doesn't know much about how magic works on Gaia.

MiroIsBored

Adorable Cleric

FireSpark
Crew

Aged Citizen

8,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:33 pm
*Daniel patrols*

"Doo-de-doo."  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:43 pm
{{Should I create a mule for Jessi? I don't have any mules in GGG.}}  

Cuwen

Questionable Inquisitor

7,425 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200

Cuwen

Questionable Inquisitor

7,425 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:45 pm
Amy gasped as Miro started twirling the flail around. She leaned backward a little bit, away from the flail, and spoke softly.

"Uh, Miro... can that flail hurt anyone if you're not using it to channel magic? Aren't you afraid it might fall and break by swinging it around like that?"

"And you know... Maybe we could work together. I mean, maybe you could teach me some spells you know and I can work with you to see if you can cast magic without using spells or that flail. What do you think?"  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:48 pm
{{Hmm... Maybe I will make a mule for her.}}

Jessi looked up as Daniel passed her on his rounds. She smiled brightly at him. "Hey Daniel! How are you doing?"

{{Edited. Oi!! I almost called him David last night several times and then I finally did it today.}}  

Cuwen

Questionable Inquisitor

7,425 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200

MiroIsBored

Adorable Cleric

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:00 pm
Of course it can hurt. It's a flail xp It's got sharpnessnessness 3nodding Even when used with magic, it can hurt. But Miro heals so it's okie blaugh Besides, Miro has had this for hundreds of years. It's pretty sturdy 3nodding It would break someone's face before it fell apart. Actually... it already has broken some faces sweatdrop It wasn't Miro's fault, though! crying

:: stops spinning the flail and stuffs it back into her bag before putting the bag back into the void behind her ::
Miro doesn't think learning magic works like that.
:: she shakes her head for emphasis ::

There are certain parts of the brain that are used for certain types of magic. To do what you did :: points toward the pillow Amethyst had moved earlier ::, yours would be using a part more suited for mage or maybe some wizard spells. Miro might have some very basic spells that most casters learn, but probably nothing that particularly useful. Clerics use a completely different section of the brain to draw in magic. It's kind of a genetic predisposition. Some can try to work around it and learn things outside of their natural abilities, but that takes away from what they are most inclined to do. So while someone who was born with a predisposition to be one type of caster might try to study to be another, they will never reach their full potential in the type of magic they were born to learn if they try to rewire their mind to work differently. Some things cannot be undone no matter how hard you try.

It's best to find what it is you're most suited to do and dedicate yourself to doing that to its fullest rather than try to do a little of everything. Miro once heard someone say, "A jack of all trades is the master of none." 3nodding

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:15 pm
Daniel was so lost in his thoughts that he almost missed hearing his name as he passed through the lobby.

"Wha? Oh, hey Jessi. Oh, I'm fine. What're you up to?"

Daniel walks over to lean an elbow on the reception desk.  

FireSpark
Crew

Aged Citizen

8,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

Cuwen

Questionable Inquisitor

7,425 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:26 pm
Jessi blushed slightly and pulled over a plate of brownies so that Daniel could see them. She lifted it up and put it next to him.

"Eating brownies that Tommy made the other night... They're amazing! Some kind of new chocolate creme in them. Want some?"

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:32 pm
MiroIsBored
Of course it can hurt. It's a flail xp It's got sharpnessnessness 3nodding Even when used with magic, it can hurt. But Miro heals so it's okie blaugh Besides, Miro has had this for hundreds of years. It's pretty sturdy 3nodding It would break someone's face before it fell apart. Actually... it already has broken some faces sweatdrop It wasn't Miro's fault, though! crying

:: stops spinning the flail and stuffs it back into her bag before putting the bag back into the void behind her ::
Miro doesn't think learning magic works like that.
:: she shakes her head for emphasis ::

There are certain parts of the brain that are used for certain types of magic. To do what you did :: points toward the pillow Amethyst had moved earlier ::, yours would be using a part more suited for mage or maybe some wizard spells. Miro might have some very basic spells that most casters learn, but probably nothing that particularly useful. Clerics use a completely different section of the brain to draw in magic. It's kind of a genetic predisposition. Some can try to work around it and learn things outside of their natural abilities, but that takes away from what they are most inclined to do. So while someone who was born with a predisposition to be one type of caster might try to study to be another, they will never reach their full potential in the type of magic they were born to learn if they try to rewire their mind to work differently. Some things cannot be undone no matter how hard you try.

It's best to find what it is you're most suited to do and dedicate yourself to doing that to its fullest rather than try to do a little of everything. Miro once heard someone say, "A jack of all trades is the master of none." 3nodding

Amy looked at the flail in worry. "Well that's good you can heal, but that would still hurt..."

She sighed in relief when Miro put the flail back into her bag. She relaxed a little more and scooted forward on the bar stool again. Then, she listened carefully to what Miro said and rested her chin on her hand after she put her elbow on the bar.

After Miro was done, Amy looked deep in thought. "Master of none... You know, I never thought of it that way at all. I mean... wow. Good point, Miro. It makes sense. Focusing on too many things at once wouldn't allow you to focus completely on one thing. But I didn't know different magic came from different parts of the brain. You'd know more than I would about that since you're a healer and I'm certain know anatomy."  

Cuwen

Questionable Inquisitor

7,425 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200

FireSpark
Crew

Aged Citizen

8,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:35 pm
Daniel eyed the brownies, and mulled it over. Then he realized he was mulling over food and remembered that he needed to start blending in.

"Yeah, sure, why not."

Daniel grabbed a smaller piece and popped it in his mouth. It was obviously choclatey, but much more rich than anything he had ever tasted. And a lot thicker than he had given it credit for.

"Ihs gud. Ahn widdle sewey."

Swallowing as best he could, Daniel cleared most of the brownie from his mouth.

"Sorry. But yes, good. Thanks."  
Geezerville ~ RP's

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 115 116 117 118 119 120 ... 470 471 472 473 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games