Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply Geezerville ~ RP's
Aqua Springs ~ ART GALLERY OPEN! ~ Geezerville Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 116 117 118 119 120 121 ... 470 471 472 473 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Should Art Nights be moved to Fridays?
  Yes
  No
  Doesn't matter
  I just want gold
View Results

Razzdango

Ruthless Grabber

10,300 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:39 pm
((Hey I haven't stolen any thing I am just keeping it for say keeping.))  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:47 pm
FireSpark
Daniel eyed the brownies, and mulled it over. Then he realized he was mulling over food and remembered that he needed to start blending in.

"Yeah, sure, why not."

Daniel grabbed a smaller piece and popped it in his mouth. It was obviously choclatey, but much more rich than anything he had ever tasted. And a lot thicker than he had given it credit for.

"Ihs gud. Ahn widdle sewey."

Swallowing as best he could, Daniel cleared most of the brownie from his mouth.

"Sorry. But yes, good. Thanks."

{{Without telling Kits about it, Razz? wink }}

Jessi giggled softly and handed a napkin to Daniel in case he needed it. His muffled words earlier were cute. Almost like a little boy in a candy shop.

"It's okay. And yes, they are very good. I'm hoping Tommy will make some more exactly like that. He said he got this chocolate creme from a new girl, a cleric of some sort. He said Amy really liked the brownies, too. I hope they either buy her chocolate creme recipe or hire her to make more on a regular basis. Do you cook much, Daniel?"

Cuwen

Questionable Inquisitor

7,425 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200

MiroIsBored

Adorable Cleric

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:47 pm
Anatomy? sweatdrop I guess Miro knows the basics well enough sweatdrop A doctor would know a lot more than a cleric about specifics, though. Miro just knows about the different parts of the brain because it's something she had to learn before she decided to be a cleric 3nodding It's important to know before committing to a school of magic since you could very well completely ruin your potential if you don't take making the decision seriously.

Miro wasn't going to be a cleric at first, but luckily someone came along and convinced her to pursue it 3nodding It made a lot more sense to Miro than what she originally wanted to do.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:52 pm
Daniel accepted the napkin and wiped at a few crumbs that had wound up on his chin.

"What? Nah, I don't eat."

Daniel almost left it at that when he suddenly realized what he'd said.

"Much! That is, I don't eat much. Ah, at least not in. Fast food. Yes."

Smooth Daniel. Very smooth. Moron.

FireSpark
Crew

Aged Citizen

8,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

Cuwen

Questionable Inquisitor

7,425 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:00 pm
{{I'll end this scene now so that you can come back in present-time if you want and possibly join Daniel and Jessi. biggrin }}

Amy nodded to what Miro said, but right when she was about to speak, she yawned. She covered her mouth quickly and then looked at Miro apologetically.

"Oh my... I'm sorry about that, Miro. I guess I'm getting really tired."

Tommy pulled the brownies out (pretend they've been in the oven for awhile wink lol) and then started to cut them carefully. He knew that it was better to cut them when they had cooled off, but he wanted to give Amy a chance to taste them. He quickly scooped up one for Amy, put it in a napkin, and handed it to her.

"Wait Amy. Before you leave, try this."

Amy grabbed the brownie and carefully pulled off a piece with her finger. It was very hot, but she was anxious to try one.

After a few moments, her eyes widened and she looked at Miro. "Miro, these are great! Do you think you could bring some more here when you happen to make more, please? We'll pay you, of course. Quite well. These are really good. The creme would go great in a lot of our snacks."

She stood up with the brownie. "If you'd like to do that, just let me know, please. Think about it for a little while. If I'm not here, you can always leave a message for me. Or text or call me!"

She handed Miro her AS business card and then walked over to the couch. She gently picked up Thistle, who was still sleeping, and quietly called over to Tommy.

"Tommy, make sure Miro finds her way home or wherever she wants to go next, please. Thank you. And it was so nice to meet you, Miro. I really hope I'll get to hang out with you again soon. And let me know about the creme, please. I hope you have a great night. Stay here as long as you want."

With that, she turned and left. Tommy scooped up another brownie, put it on a saucer, and handed it to Miro with a smile.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:04 pm
FireSpark
Daniel accepted the napkin and wiped at a few crumbs that had wound up on his chin.

"What? Nah, I don't eat."

Daniel almost left it at that when he suddenly realized what he'd said.

"Much! That is, I don't eat much. Ah, at least not in. Fast food. Yes."

Smooth Daniel. Very smooth. Moron.

{{If I create a mule now, do you think you can accept her into the guild, Firespark, so I can just bring her right in and have her take over as Jessi?}}

Jessi's eyes widened when Daniel said he didn't eat. He tried to cover it up by saying 'not much', but she was worried that his first statement was more accurate since she knew he lived in a shelter. She didn't want him to know she felt sorry for him. The last thing he needed was pity. So, she kept her face neutral and then smiled slightly.

"You know, you should try more stuff here if you like that. Tommy's a great cook, and Karrie brings in a lot of stuff, too, not just snacks. We, as employees, get free food as long as we don't go crazy with it! I think Tommy, Karrie and Amy like to use us as guinea pigs for their new recipes. I'll happily volunteer."

Jessi chuckled.

Cuwen

Questionable Inquisitor

7,425 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200

FireSpark
Crew

Aged Citizen

8,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:21 pm
Daniel looked slightly abashed at Jessi mentioning free food. But at least she hadn't looked at him like he was insane, or go running in fear. He really needed to watch himself now. This only made him realize how bizarre and possibly dangerous it had been for him to divulge everything to Dame the way he had.

"Oh, that's okay, I'm sure I won't need to bother. Well, uh, I suppose I should keep moving along. There anything you're needing? From somewhere else in the building I mean. For me to get. For you."

Dammit.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:50 pm
Dammit. Daniel was nervous now. Or he was embarrassed. She was trying to keep that from happening.

"Umm... You could go over those notes with me that you thought would help increase the security around here, if you want."  

Jessi_Deramis

FireSpark
Crew

Aged Citizen

8,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:18 pm
(( Ooh. Jessi's a cutie. heart sweatdrop ))

"Oh, well, you know. It's just a few things that I thought up. They really all depend on how Amy or Kits want to go with. I mean, we could lock this place down like a fort if we wanted, but that wouldn't be very good for business."

Digging a few heavily pages from a back pocket, Daniel laid them out where Jessi could see and started tracing a finger around as he described each thing, starting with a badly done sketch in the shape of Aqua Springs buildings.

"Like here. The easiset thing to do from a security standpoint is to observe. See, you could cover the entirety of Aqua Srpings exterior with just six cameras. But add three more cameras, and make all nine of 'em ptz with infrared options, and you could cover everything outside from no less than two angles, 24-7, and with better than human resolution."  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:26 pm
{{Aww. Thanks! smile I love the 'girl next door' look. smile And I almost responded with my other account. lol}}

Jessi stood up so that she could look at the sketch Daniel was pointing at. The desk had a raised front while the part of the desk she work on was a little lower.

She watched and listened as Daniel's finger traced over the sketch and explained his ideas. When he was done, she was smiling and nodding her head.

"Wow... That's really good Daniel. I think Amy and Kits will love it. I really like how you kept the type of business we have here in mind while thinking up ideas on how to increase security. You're right. If we basically locked this place down like Fort Knox, it would destroy business. This is a much better idea."

She looked up at Daniel and smiled. "Do you have a free moment? You could come and sit down and show me more if you want. You could have more brooownies."

She giggled softly.  

Jessi_Deramis

FireSpark
Crew

Aged Citizen

8,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:49 pm
Daniel flicked his wrist up to glance at his watch.

"Uh, well. Sure. Yeah, I guess there's nothing pressing right now."

Walking around the desk and politely waving off any more brownies, Daniel spread out the five or six pages that he had scribbled quick notes, or done little drawings on.

"Okay. So if they're okay with external stuff, it only makes sense to install some internal stuff. Now here is the lobby for example. A single camera can get all of that, but something like stairwells or wider spaces are probably going to need one at every level, or about a hundred feet if were going length wise."

Flipping the page he was holding over, Daniel traced over a paragraph that seemed to be random words and numbers.

"Now here's some cool stuff. the same time I was researching the basics, I was also looking for the cutting edge. For around these parts. This thing is a biometric scan system. The basic handscan portion could suit the needs here easily. It only takes a second to scan and upload. Bam. We can set the limits on what attractions and portions the person has access to right from get-go."

Leaning back Daniel ponders over some of the less complete notes.

"I don't know if Aqua Springs has a members thing going here, but with this in place, regulars would never really have to check in again. Just press their hand go on in. And first timers could be scanned and added for a day in a minute or two."  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:59 pm
Jessi looked over the writings and shook her head slowly with a smile on her face. "Wow... This is advanced stuff, Daniel."

She blushed slightly and scratched the back of her head. "Uh, do you think you could break down that hand panel thing a little more, please? I didn't understand the first stuff you said."

"Oh! And I don't think we have any stairwells around here. so that part is good. We don't have to worry about them."  

Jessi_Deramis

FireSpark
Crew

Aged Citizen

8,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:30 pm
Daniel looked over at Jessi and suddenly realized that he'd been talking over her head.

"Uh, sure. Um. Well if you mean the biometric scanner, biometrics is just the measurement of the physical characteristics of a person. With the right sort of equipment you can even go slightly subcutaneous, uh, just under the skin that is. Not even the best prosthetic could deceive that thing."  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:49 pm
{{Sorry Firespark! I thought you left for the night.}}

Jessi winced slightly and rubbed her arm subconsciously as Daniel explained what the device would do. Her warm sweater covered her arm, but she could still feel her fingers against her skin slightly.

"Under the skin? Wouldn't that hurt?"  

Jessi_Deramis

FireSpark
Crew

Aged Citizen

8,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:12 pm
((Nope, just eating.))

"What? No."

Daniel held his hand up, and then held his thumb and forefinger very close together.

"Human skin is barely this thick. Even a low level sound wave can penetrate and bounce back without any ill effects. But simply bomard the skin with different wavelengths of light, and you can see different layers of your skin. Like this."

Pulling a small pocket flashlight from his shirt, Daniel held it up behind his hand and turned it on.

"See? Depending on how I hold it and where, different amounts of the edge of my hand light up. Now imagine being able to use every thing from ultraviolet to infrared. the detail of information would be amazing."  
Geezerville ~ RP's

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 116 117 118 119 120 121 ... 470 471 472 473 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games