Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]
Jade Legacy [L5R 3eR] - Act 1: Atsumari/Gathering Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 116 117 118 119 120 121 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:43 pm
@Scorpion Shenanigans

Kojiro would again bow deeply to the Doji as he took the funds from her and pocket it along side his solitary, scorpion koku. "It is an honor to serve, Kita-sama. We are in your debt. You will forgive our ignorance of Crane lands, but how do we get to Hotaru mura? Kojiro would nod and bow appreciatively once given directions. With your leave, Kita-sama?"

Upon being given Kita's dismissal, Kojiro would guide Maru to the stables and would ask for Ume-chan for his pony. "That ought to be fun to read" Kojiro grimaced. "I wonder what they'll put in mine? Expert marksman, overly morbid, desires to be a fish. I think I'll have to take Kita-sama's event tomorrow, just to make sure I've been foolish enough in all of the magistrate's eyes."  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:54 pm
@ Ceremonial Competition, Round 5:

"Don't worry; your reputation precedes you. Matsu Seichiro, the fierce Lion who struck down all who opposed him in the Martial Duel. It is an honor to meet you. I am Doji Koan, and if my wits were a blade, I would be the closest thing to an equal you would find in this competition."

Koan would do a quick bow and offered a quick prayer to his ancestors, before taking the heated water pot and proceeded to fill two cups with its contents, the pre-prepared ingredients instantly mixing.

"I admit, I am somewhat at a loss for words. I would have expected a Matsu to be single minded in your choices this week. Like that Asako girl who won't lift a finger, or that Horiuchi woman that thinks she can simply bludgeon her way to glory. But you, Seichiro-san... you surprise me..."  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:00 pm
@ Scorpion Shenanigans:

Maru would stifle a giggle at Kojiro's explanation of his own great and glorious deeds. "It seems we've both spent our fair share of time being soaked through this tournament, Kojiro-san. We'll need to make sure we find some way to dunk Naizen before the week is through, to complete the set." She would smile fondly, though she would shiver a bit from a cool night breeze, and pull herself closer to Kojiro's side.

"From Kita-sama's directions, we should get to Hotaru Mura in less than an hour by horseback. Come, let us hurry, unless the last remnants of winter decide to rear themselves to spite us."

Anything Kojiro wants to do before a fast-forward?  
Raganui Minamoto rolled 5 10-sided dice: 2, 8, 2, 1, 6 Total: 19 (5-50)
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:06 pm
@ Crane Shenanigans:

He drank a bit, raising a brow. "If I may, what actions surprise you, Kaori-san?"

Awareness/Ettiquette 4k2

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:07 pm
@ Tea Ceremony:

"Truth be told, I was expecting myself to be single minded in my choices, but it seems I take a different road than the usual. It seems you're not the only one I've surprised, most people I've met so far has expressed similar feelings as yours. I guess I'm somewhat enigmatic. By the way... I was just with Toyoko-san, just before coming here. She thinks highly of you, Koan-san."  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:11 pm
@Scorpion Shenanigans

Kojiro would blush as he lead Maru to the stables, happy to have her near. He would stop by the Scorpion Tent to pick up his Kusarigama. Although the katana was the soul of the samurai, there were some situations that called for a more varied approach. Should the two samurai run into problems during their errand, it could be useful. "Do you want to bring something for warmth, Maru?" Kojiro said, thinking of the Soshi's generally light clothing.

OOC: Can't think of anything else.  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
Mongooseh rolled 2 10-sided dice: 9, 10 Total: 19 (2-20)

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:11 pm
@Shogi Competition

"I will take it to mind Jiro-san but if Makoto is as you say I will be happy coming second..." Kagae would laugh awkwardly at this, "I was sure I was going to lose horribly sensing that maybe more people would have studied strategy or shogi to a depth greater than me... Or I have been incredibly lucky... Either way I kind of feel a sense of responsibility to win Jiro-san seeing our clans current record... Especially with Kaori-san..."

Kagae would become a bit visibly saddened at the mention of Kaori but quickly shrugged it off before continuing, "If you're going to stay to watch Jiro-san we can continue this at the end... Otherwise I'll see you later tonight. What about you Hogai-san? Are you staying or leaving?"

(Might aswell try my first etiquette roll 2k1 goooo! Result: 10)  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:50 pm
@ Crane Shenanigans:

She seemed perplexed at this question. "Who's actions do you speak of? My own, or Raicho-samas?" She held her cup at the table, giving Zanzen a puzzled look.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:56 pm
@Ceremonial Competition, Round 5:

"Does she, now?" Koan would set the kettle back down to cool, as he lifted his cup. "You should try this, its a blend that's been used in my household. It's quite good." He would sip his own tea, closing his eyes and smiling as the taste and aroma washed over his senses.

{Etiquette [Conversation] roll of 30 to switch topics.}  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:16 pm
@ Shogi Competition:

Jiro would wave off the invitation. "I appreciate the offer, but I want to go see if I can track down Kyumi-san before she gets too much of a head start on me. I'll hear about your glorious battles when you get back to the tent!"

Hogai would cross his arms over his chest and snort. "Not me, I'm here until the end. Crab Clan represent, right?" He would laugh, not even noticing as a certain Dragon made his way over...

Tamori Makoto, who stood a little taller than Kagae, with a solid tan, and slicked back auburn hair, and black calligraphy artistically tattooed over his body in an unknown alphabet, would bow to the Crab. "I take it that you are runner up, Kaiu-san. Not having officially been introduced yet, I am Tamori Makoto. I look forward to our match. But I warn you now; if you've made it this far, then I simply cannot hold anything back against you."

Benjiro would walk over as well, and turn to face Kagae. "I also have a bit of bad news for you, Kagae-san. Based on the tournament set-up, you will need to beat Makoto-san twice in a row to claim victory. However, a single victory on his behalf will be all it takes for him to win, and you to be eliminated. Are you up to the challenge?"

Hogai would slap Kagae on the back. "Of course he's up for the challenge! I doubt anyone, be they Lion or Scorpion or Dragon, will be able to outwit our young prodigy here!"

And Makoto would smile.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Keith Valken Lionheart rolled 2 10-sided dice: 5, 1 Total: 6 (2-20)

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:18 pm
Seichiro scratched his head, confused. "I thought you'd be interested in what she had to say, Koan-san... but I won't press the matter further if it's uncomfortable to you." He would take a sip, tasting the liquid thoroughly. "This is very good! What is the mixture you are using?"

[Untrained Etiquette 2k2-5]  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:33 pm
@Shogi Competition

Kagae waved goodbye to Jiro before addressing Hogai's rhetoric, "I would hope so Hogai-san... I am feeling the pressure here..."

Then he stood and returned the bow to Makoto, "I am Kaiu Kagae I... Hope to be a... Formidable opponent to you Makoto-san I look forward to our match too."

Turning to Benjiro and Hogai again he would reply sheepishly and with a hint of despair, "It is a daunting prospect but I'll try..."

He would then sit back down and reset the shogi table to prepare it for their game.  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:44 pm
@ Ceremonial Competition, Round 5:

First check: Doji Koan gains a Free Raise for his final roll!

Koan would not give any visual reaction to Seichiro's input, correcting him briefly before moving on. "She's just a girl."

He would reach over to his side and present a pair of packets of tea mixture, a blend of several different blossoms and fruits - nearly all would probably be unknown to Seichiro. "I was saving this for this exchange, Seichiro-san. It is an expensive and rare blend, but many herbalists offer high praise of its restorative properties, both physically and spiritually. It's a bear to mix, but the rewards are heavenly."

The tea mixture is of Excellent quality, and Seichiro gains the benefit of a successful Zanji roll for drinking it (p100).

"I'll be honest - I admire you, Seichiro-san. The Crane and the Lion have really never seen eye-to-eye on many things - ah, no insult intended, of course - and personally, I find the situation a crying shame. We are the hands of the Emperor, and I for one feel that it's about time we start acting like it. Those tea packets are yours, if you wish to hear me out."  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:50 pm
@ Shogi Competition:

Makoto would sit opposite of Kagae, with Benjiro and Hogai watching on. Makoto picked up pieces as well, setting them up in appropriate positions as if he was as familiar with their placement as he was with the back of his own hands.

"Since you have potentially two matches ahead of you, Kagae-san, I will allow you the choice of first move for either match. But, to be fair to me, I will have first move in the other match. That way, we may face each other as equals, and there will be no cries of unfairness. Does this sound like an adequate arrangement to you?" Makoto would fold his hands before him, fingers interlocked, as he looked forward... not as Kagae, but at the sheer prospect of his most difficult challenge yet.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:58 pm
@ Scorpion Shenanigans:

Maru would give a polite smile to Kojiro's offer, and give a slight shake of her head. "Besides the tea that will warm my body, I always have you if the need arises... do I not, Kojiro-san?" She would say nothing more of the matter, as she would mount her steed (with assistance from a servant, most likely), before riding off.

--------------------

Due to the unfamiliar territory, it took a little over an hour of cautious riding for Kojiro and Maru to reach Hotaru Mura, but the return trip would be quicker, no doubt. It was around a bend from a thick copse of trees, so the lights of the village was hidden until the two were almost upon it. It was a small settlement with less buildings than either had ever seen before. The population couldn't be over 100 peasants that resided here.

Thusly, it wouldn't be difficult for the two to find the tea house, which was situated close to the gate the two would have to enter by. Many of the villagers had already retired for the evenings, with most lantern lights already extinguished; however, the tea house had several hanging lanterns over the door, and bright, inviting lights shone from within.

Tea first, or errands first?  
[L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 116 117 118 119 120 121 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games