Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark
Out of Character Thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 116 117 118 119 120 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:47 pm
By the way, Alphabet outdid herself with this map. Please pass this along smile  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:53 am
I am stupid and didn't post it, but Kuori moved to FF 19 to do that last attack

emo Couldn't have reached otherwise and couldn't get in far enough to do anything else  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:56 am
Kowsauni

As a reminder, I have both racial and feat abilities that key off bloodied enemies. If 29 killed one, 18 should have bloodied the one I struck last time, yes?  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:38 pm
The one you attacked is bloodied. I think I'll just go ahead and start numbering them or puting a marker on them going forward.  

Kowsauni
Crew

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:04 am
Kowsauni

My turn depends entirely on how these pens work. From an engineering standpoint, could you describe them?

Do the gates open vertically like a garage door? Do they have hinges on one side and swing open sideways? If so, is Irene's pen door's hinges on the NE or SW side?

How open is it? Wide open? Ajar? Closed but unlocked?

How are the doors made up? Are they vertical bars? Cross-pattern bars? Solid walls?

Are there walls on the edges of the map where if the door opens sideways, they would bump against something?

If they raise (or lower) vertically, is there a pulley system?

Inquiring minds want to know!  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:25 am
Rain Yupa
Kowsauni

My turn depends entirely on how these pens work. From an engineering standpoint, could you describe them?

Do the gates open vertically like a garage door? Do they have hinges on one side and swing open sideways? If so, is Irene's pen door's hinges on the NE or SW side?

How open is it? Wide open? Ajar? Closed but unlocked?

How are the doors made up? Are they vertical bars? Cross-pattern bars? Solid walls?

Are there walls on the edges of the map where if the door opens sideways, they would bump against something?

If they raise (or lower) vertically, is there a pulley system?

Inquiring minds want to know!

You are too far away and engaged in the heat of battle to gather all the information you desire without a dungeonering check. However, you can tell the door looks to be made of solid iron bars running vertically in a frame. . You do not see any sort of pully system to suggest a more complicated way of opening the door simply then it simply swinging open. Irene unlocked the cage, but did not open it, so you are not sure how it opens nor do you see the hinges from where you are at. However, the lock was on the right side of the door.

I should mention I also forgot to move Irene. She actually standing on HH32.  

Kowsauni
Crew

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:06 am
Kowsauni
You are too far away and engaged in the heat of battle to gather all the information you desire without a dungeonering check. However, you can tell the door looks to be made of solid iron bars running vertically in a frame. . You do not see any sort of pully system to suggest a more complicated way of opening the door simply then it simply swinging open. Irene unlocked the cage, but did not open it, so you are not sure how it opens nor do you see the hinges from where you are at. However, the lock was on the right side of the door.

I should mention I also forgot to move Irene. She actually standing on HH32.

Fair. But like, if it swung on hinged and Irene had it wide open, it would have been pretty obvious.

Ultimately, "Vertical bars, just unlocked but still closed" is good enough for me.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:12 pm
PupSage

Sorry if I ruined Kuori's plan, but I need to keep the NPC alive until she skedaddles from the battlefield.

I was hoping I could convince her to protect herself somehow using the cage door, but the DM shut me down on plans A, B, and C.

C was Climb up the gate.
B was Barricade herself behind it.
A was Absolutely bullrushing her into the pen and removing her from combat.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:18 pm
Kuori: "At least you have some respect for me."
Revenge: "DUECES!!!!!!"  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:25 pm
It feels like I'm wasting 1 or more turns on this, and I'm not happy about it, but that's the price I paid by deciding to try being a paladin instead of a fighter or some other normal Defender. stressed

To be fair, Kuori told everyone to group, and I grouped.

It just seems... like a waste that I'm taking your boost and running away from the big bad of the battle. sweatdrop  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:10 pm
Well, I wanted to give everyone DR 5 and +2 AC, but that didn't pan out  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:59 pm
My plan was to work my way closer to the Illithid, hit it with Vulnerable 5 Radiant, and leave you to it. That ain't happening either. sweatdrop  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:02 am
My plan!

But, Seriously neither one of your plans has entered the realm of impossible yet. We just sent our heavy in first.to drag the enemy ourway and away from his protective bubble  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:09 am
Also, for the record, Revenge is angry because he's currently heated; he was planning on retribution for these Goliaths that were almost lost save by the slimmest margin. But instead, he has to go protect the noncombatant. All his righteous fury just got roshambo'd.

He's supposed to be protecting his teammates, and he's abandoning you all for Irene's mucking about.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Mongooseh rolled 0-sided dice: Total: 0 (-0)

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:12 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
[D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 116 117 118 119 120 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff