Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply Geezerville ~ RP's
Aqua Springs ~ ART GALLERY OPEN! ~ Geezerville Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 117 118 119 120 121 122 ... 470 471 472 473 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Should Art Nights be moved to Fridays?
  Yes
  No
  Doesn't matter
  I just want gold
View Results

Jessi_Deramis

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:17 pm
{{Ah. smile }}

Jessi breathed a sigh of relief when Daniel said it wouldn't hurt. That would chase away many customers. Of course, thinking about it now, why would Daniel think of something that would have an adverse effect on business? He had already reformated some of his ideas to NOT do that.

Maybe she needed another brownie to replenish herself since she was obviously not thinking straight...

She briefly looked over at the brownies hungrily and then looked back at Daniel. She watched the light play off of his hand, but then she grew slightly concerned again.

"Would too much exposure to that kind of light be detrimental to individuals, though?"  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:33 pm
Daniel rolled his shoulders and shrugged slightly.

"Is it dangerous to go out into the sun? Or stand near a radio antenna? The levels that this put is nothing like. I mean, they wouldn't sell it if it were dangerous. At least not for very long."

Leaning forward Daniel scoops his papers together and shuffles them into a neat pile, before folding them back up again.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to startle you witih anything. This is all just equipment I've looked up. I mean it's not like I could build it myself. Well. Not at the moment anyway. I suppose I could if I found the right plans or such."  

FireSpark
Crew

Aged Citizen

8,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

Jessi_Deramis

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:45 pm
Jessi sighed and placed one of her hands over Daniel's papers, trying to get him to stop piling them up and folding them. He looked as if he were putting them away.

"I'm not saying these aren't good. In fact, I think they're genius. I think Amy and Kits will love these ideas. I'm just asking questions that they might have. We usually think along the same lines. And I was just curious. I like your ideas."

She pulled her hand back and folded both of her hands a little awkwardly in her lap.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:13 pm
Daniel's eyes widened slightly as he realized that Jessi had gotten the wrong idea.

"What? Oh no. I didn't mean it like that. Did I? Sorry."

Daniel finished his folding and put the papers away in a pocket. Leaning back in his chair, Daniel swiveled to face Jessi.

"Look, I've got to be honest with you. I'm actually not that good with the whole social interactino thing. I've only really dealt with one other person amicably since I woke up. I mean, yes, I met Kits breifly one day, but until a few days ago, I rarely even left the small apartment I was in."

Daniel rubbed his hands together, nervously.

"In fact, if it hadn't been for the events on Christmas Eve, well, I may never have left."  

FireSpark
Crew

Aged Citizen

8,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

Jessi_Deramis

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:19 pm
Jessi's eyes widened again. Daniel kept surprising her. He was a very interesting individual. And you know, she felt bad for what happened to him, but if it hadn't happened, maybe he wouldn't be like how he was right now. He was a nice and considerate man. And kinda quirky.

Jessi smiled and leaned forward slightly. "Well, why don't you practice with Tommy and me, then? Or just me if you don't feel comfortable with Tommy right now. I mean, my job here is to talk with people and make them feel welcome! I'd love to help you if you'd like to practice."  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:31 pm
Daniel's face took on a slightly quizzical look. Practice. He wasn't entirely certain how that was supposed to work.

"Well. Uh, practice. Yes, well. That's very kind of you. But, how exactly would that work? I mean, I do know how to interact with people, it's the finer points that tend to trip me up. For various, and somewhat exotic reasons. Especially popular culture. I can never get that stuff down."  

FireSpark
Crew

Aged Citizen

8,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

Jessi_Deramis

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:37 pm
Jessi was about to giggle when she managed to supress it at the last moment. She was afraid that Daniel would think she was laughing at him, which of course she wasn't. He was just so cute with the qualms he had. He did better than he gave himself credit for.

"Well, just talking usually helps. Pop culture is mentioned in casual conversation all the time. It's hard to force it, to try and learn it. It just sort of... happens. And you're not as bad as you think."

She smiled slightly. "Maybe you'd like to practice with Kits, too. You've already talked with her that one time. She's an easy person to talk with."

But then she realized that it sounded like she was trying to brush him off. She liked talking to him and she didn't want him thinking that!

Her eyes widened slightly. "Not that I don't want you talking with me! I'm just afraid that you might not feel comfortable talking with me and learning about current culture."

She blushed slightly and shook her head as she looked down at her lap. "See? Everyone makes mistakes in conversations at times. It's very common..."  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:56 pm
Daniel gestured at Jessi with a hand.

"But that sort of mistake, a situational pretense, isn't the kind I mean. I mean, I know anyone could make that sort of mistake. Not that I'm agreeing that you made a mistake mind you."

Daniel's mind began to slide in an all too familiar way. Apparently talking to anyone for too long resulted in him tripping over his own brain.

"Look. All I'm saying is that you, and everybody else, have an understanding of culture built up over your entire lives. Me? I keep getting conflicting images and knowledge. Cultural foundations that don't line up with this one, or don't make any sense at all from this frame of reference. Bah. And my nature doesn't help any."

Daniel stood suddenly, realizing that he was beginningg to ramble. If anything, he knew he had to be away before he started spilling everything.

"Ah, I think I should be getting along now. You know? Keep the patrols up and all."  

FireSpark
Crew

Aged Citizen

8,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

Jessi_Deramis

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:02 pm
Jessi put her elbow on the desk beside her and propped her head up on her fist. She was looking at Daniel with a bemused smile. He was so adorable.

"Daniel... I can't tell you how you should be or what you want, but are you sure you want to try and be like everyone else? I haven't known you that long, but from what I've seen and experienced, you're like a breath of fresh air. Instead of being weird, you're pleasantly unique. This world needs more than that. I like talking with you just as you are."  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:15 pm
Daniel stopped in his tracks. Not by conscious choice, but rather that his legs had chosen to stop moving. His vision seemed to blur slightly, but he shook it off. There had been something familiar in what Jessi said, and in how she said it. For a moment another memory tried to bubble up but he squashed it down.

"Well, that's very, um, kind, I, uh, mean nice. That you like me. UaA-talking, with me. Heh."

Daniel's head was flooding with memories new and old, and much of it was telling him the dame thing. Not again. RunRunRunRUN. But he had enough of running. He was always running. Even his surpressed memories had been him running. He was done running. No more. Daniel's features firmed up in resolution.

"Wait a minute. What did you just say? Unique?"  

FireSpark
Crew

Aged Citizen

8,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

Jessi_Deramis

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:20 pm
{{Ooops. Meant to say the world needs more OF that earlier.}}

Jessi's eyes widened slightly again and she got a little nervous. She really hoped he didn't take offense to that. She meant it in a completely good way. A compliment.

"Uh, yes, I did. Unique in a good way. You think of things differently, in a way most people wouldn't. It's refreshing. You're also funny. You have a great sense of humor. That can be hard to find."

God. Had she just royally put her food in her mouth?  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:26 pm
{{... foot*}}  

Jessi_Deramis

FireSpark
Crew

Aged Citizen

8,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:41 pm
Jessi_Deramis
God. Had she just royally put her food in her mouth?

((Well one would hope that's where she's putting her food. rofl ))

Daniel stopped and thought. Unique. Why would unique stick in his head. Everyone was unique, so what was it about him being described as unique that had hooked him. In any event, Daniel suddenly realized the sort of look that was on Jessi's face. He had seen it before, and been the cause of it most of the time. He needed to disengage from Jessi before he really botched things up.

"Okay. Good. That's good. So, I'm just gonna, uh, go now. It's been a pleasure, and you've given me a few things to think over. So that's, you know, good."

Daniel gestured a thumb over his shoulder, and laughed nervously, with the barest hint of blush showing under his eyes.

"If you need me, just call me. No. Not need me. If you need something from me, for me to do something for you. Just ah. Yeah. So, ah...going now. Bye."

Daniel turned tail and marched off down the halway before his mouth decided to open on its own accord again. That being the only explanation for why he always managed to fumble his own tongue. Bloody hell.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:47 pm
{{Well, some people get creative with where they put their food. wink lol!}}

Jessi should have been worried that she had upset Daniel and chased him off, but the way he left was so freaking adorable. He was so cute! She simply turned her chair to the side slightly, leaned more on her hand, and watched as he walked away, stumbling over his words slightly. Guys seemed to be embarrassed about doing that, but if they only knew how adorable girls found it, they wouldn't be nearly as embarrassed, if at all.

Jessi waved after Daniel, though she wasn't sure he could see her or would be able to hear her. "Alright. Bye Daniel. It was very nice talking with you!"

She giggled softly, shook her head, and then looked at the brownies again. She smirked slightly and then quickly took another one.  

Jessi_Deramis

damecharlie

Versatile Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:47 pm
(( twisted Wouldn't this just be a perfectly awkward and hilarious time for dame to get her lard-cookie-eating-a** of the MW couch and show up? rofl twisted xd ))  
Geezerville ~ RP's

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 117 118 119 120 121 122 ... 470 471 472 473 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games