Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]
Jade Legacy [L5R 3eR] - Act 1: Atsumari/Gathering Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 117 118 119 120 121 122 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Mongooseh rolled 5 10-sided dice: 7, 7, 2, 1, 5 Total: 22 (5-50)

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:02 pm
@Shogi Competition

"I am not one to cry at unfairness... I recognize my failings where I can and try to reprimand them... If I fail to do that in a competitive field then it is not my own misgivings it would be that I faced an opponent I could not beat... I would like to go first seeing as I seem to do better in the offensive and if this only lasts one match I'd rather be at my best..."

Kagae would begin this time advancing on the far left flank to mix things up a bit in his assaults.

"You know... I read many scrolls but I read one which I try to keep as my life guidance..." Kagae would stop for a moment to clear his throat as he tried to give the best recital he could give of it, "'There is nothing terribley wrong with feeling lost, so long as that feeling precedes some plan on your part to actually do something about it. Too often a person grows complacent with their disillusionment, perpetually wearing their 'discomfort' like their favorite Kimono. I cannot say I am very pleased with where my life is just now... but I cannot help but look forward to where it is going...' It didn't have an author but I wish I knew who wrote it..."

(Calling 2 raises. One to bank and one to raise Makoto's TN. Battle 5k3 vs TN 15 Result: 19 )  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:09 pm
@Scorpion Shenanigans

Kojiro tried to keep a straight face, but grinned inwardly at the thought of warming Maru.

----------------------------------------------------------

The Samurai frowned at the dilemma when they reached the village....but the answer was obvious though. "If you like, Maru-san, you can find a table while I get the materials that Kita-sama requested. Hopefully it won't take that long..."  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:18 pm
@ Shogi Competition:

Makoto would simply smile politely. "It wouldn't have to be you, or Hida-san here, to cry ronin. But word of this battle of wits will spread, and this way, any heresay over either of our victories can be eliminated. Consider it a mere preservation of the spirit of fairness, nothing more." And with that, Kagae would make the first move...

Kaiu Kagae has 1 banked raise! TN 5
Tamori Makoto has 0 banked raises! TN 10

"Curious choice. Are you lost, Kagae-san?" he would simply ask, as he began moving a few inconsequential pawns in his own opening moves. {3 raises called, 27 vs TN 25; Makoto's TN reduced by 5, Kagae's TN increased by 5, and he banked a raise!}  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:25 pm
@ Scorpion Shenanigans:

Maru would smile as she gave Kojiro a fleeting glance(?). "As long as you promise not to keep me waiting too long, Kojiro-san... it's improper to let a lady wait..." She would politely smile with those bright red lips of her, looking over her shoulder as she slid open the door to the tea house, her hips swaying back and forth as she entered, the door closing behind her.

Now, Kojiro would be tasked with running Kita's errands, with both that mental image, as well as those glances he probably threw at her while she was riding a horse, as loosely garbed as she was. Eye candy aplenty, it seemed.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Plainsfox rolled 3 10-sided dice: 8, 7, 3 Total: 18 (3-30)

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:44 pm
@Scorpion Shenanigans

Kojiro would ride Ume-chan to just outside the merchant selling such supplies as Kita-sama needed. The Scorpion learned just how good a rider he was today and decided not to push too far in the name of speed.

Once there, Kojiro dismounted Ume-chan and strode right to the merchant, announcing clearly, "I am here to obtain supplies for the Jade Magistrates. They need a supply of paper and ink. These are the funds available for such a purpose." The samurai laid out the koku and bu that Kita-sama had given him.

OOC:
Awareness/Commerce (Untrained) 3k3
Penalties: Wound +3
Results: 18  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:48 pm
@ Scorpion Shenanigans:

"Certainly, noble samurai! But... what kind of paper did the magistrates need? And what quantity of each was needed?" The merchant, who had been about to close up shop, would dely the process to aid the Scorpion any way that he could.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Plainsfox rolled 6 10-sided dice: 6, 1, 6, 4, 2, 3 Total: 22 (6-60)

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:59 pm
@Scorpion Shenanigans

Having experienced Happy Maru and Unhappy Maru, Kojiro hoped that the idea he had done duty and a tea-sated moderately displeased but understanding Maru would be forgiving. There are somethings that must be done right. Kojiro scanned over the grades of paper the merchant had until he found ink and paper that should be just right...or so he thought.

"There. That grade of paper and that ink! If Doji Kita-sama is pleased by them, I'll be sure to mention your help!" Kojiro thought that dropping the name of the Crane magistrate might help the merchant speed things up.

OOC:
Awareness/Etiquette (Bureaucracy) 4k3 (2 dice added to handle explosions)
Penalties: +3 for wounded
Results: 16  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:06 pm
@ Scorpion Shenanigans:

"Doji Kita? Did you say Doji Kita?" the older man would ask, blinking at Kojiro like he was stupid.

"She sent a servant to pick up those very same supplies earlier today. Pardon my insolence, noble samurai, but are you sure you're not completing an errand that has already been done, and you were just not informed?"

Kojiro could tell that the merchant was willing to sell him the supplies he wanted, but he was honestly trying to do him a favor, to the best of his ability. The last thing he wanted to do was to take advantage of a samurai.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:22 pm
@Scorpion Shenanigans:

Kojiro shook his head. "I believe not, for she instructed me to go on this task nearly an hour ago and informed me of the cost of such supplies. Who am I to question a Jade Magistrate? If they wish for me to obtain these items, then it shall be done. Hrrm....What did this servant look like? Did he give his name to you?"  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:41 am
@Crane Shenanigans

He smiled and set his cup down. "Your own, if you will."  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Mongooseh rolled 5 10-sided dice: 6, 2, 4, 9, 5 Total: 26 (5-50)

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:10 am
@Shogi Competition

"I was or maybe I currently am... I spent a lot of time in any library I had access to and when I wasn't doing that I was in my immediate families workshop which had been pretty much converted into my bedroom since I spend so much time in there... I had a feeling like I wasn't doing much with my life and decided I would try to make something of it... Before you ask no this isn't why I came to the Jade Tournament... I was chosen to come here like many of us to see if we could make a name for ourselves... I have dedicated my life so far to make one of those legendary Kaiu swords which I would hope would be noble enough to impress my peers and give me something to do for the next couple of years..."

Kagae then would make his move unknowing of how to react to the subtle moves but he decided to make some behind his lines just in case something went terribly wrong.

(Calling 2 raises. One to bank and one to raise Makoto's TN. Battle 5k3 vs TN 20 Result: 20 )  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:04 am
@ Shogi Competition:

Kaiu Kagae has 2 banked raise! TN 10
Tamori Makoto has 1 banked raise! TN 10

"It seems to me, that if your ultimate goal is to create one of these swords... then locking yourself up in a workshop is hardly the road to success. Take Sumi-san, for example. She never leaves the Asako libraries, and look what frail health it's left her, and her marriage is nothing short of an emotional disaster, for both her and her husband." He would pause, giving a quick glance to Benjiro out of the corner of his eye. "At least, that's the impression she left on me. I'm hardly one to judge."

He would maneuver a bishop out, though in such a way that it wasn't threatening anything except wayward pawns. {Spending the banked raise to lower his TN, then raising 3 times; 17 vs TN 20 (blasted 1's...)}

Kagae gains a free banked raise!

"To me, it just stands to reason that a true Kaiu blade would be tempered not only by heat and hammer, but by personal experience as well."  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:11 am
@ Crane Shenanigans:

"Just, like I said, my own performance. I've not nearly been as inept in the past; if I were, I wouldn't have been chosen to be sent here." She frowns a bit, thinking about it a bit more. "I wonder if it's the pressure..."  
Mongooseh rolled 5 10-sided dice: 3, 10, 1, 4, 6 Total: 24 (5-50)
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:13 am
@Shogi Competition

Kagae was enjoying this conversation it wasn't meaningless and dragon's understood this sort of thing well.

"Well it would have to wouldn't it? Otherwise more than five a year would be made! I have not too much of an idea how to obtain this goal but I shall persevere... Now that I have opened myself to you Makoto-san what are your ambitions? Please try not to be cryptic... My mind works in quite the logical way..."

Kagae would carry on his left flank advance before the inevitable clash in the middle.

(Using a banked raise to lower my TN. Calling 2 raises. One to bank and one to raise Makoto's TN. Battle 5k3 vs TN 15 Result: 23 )  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:22 am
@ Shogi Competition:

Kaiu Kagae has 3 banked raise! TN 5
Tamori Makoto has 0 banked raises! TN 15

Makoto would laugh audibly at Kagae's request. "Yes, I saw how you almost jumped the table to strangle that Scorpion before. I wouldn't hold it against him though, most Shosuro I've met are roundabout in their answers. It's the price you have to pay if you choose to speak with one. As a Dragon, I find such conversations invigorating!"

Makoto would move another piece forward for a cunning strategy of his own, but seemed distracted, and didn't quite move it as far as he needed. {2 raises, 12 vs TN 25}

Kagae gains a free banked raise!

"I'm a simple man with simple tastes. I'm not some great adventurer or champion of justice. I just prefer to play my games, and see if I can master as many as I can during my lifetime. Too many samurai try to make names in history through glorious acts of battle. I prefer a much less violent route into the history books."  
[L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 117 118 119 120 121 122 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games