53%
 53%  [ 421 ]
Other (feel free to elaborate)
15%
 15%  [ 122 ]
Total Votes : 788

mmartinfan2004

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:23 pm
I am 100% responsible for my hamster, since i am old enough to do it. I bought everything that my hamster has as well.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 1:35 pm
am to young to work  

The Amazing maddoggy555

Aunalessca

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:59 am
I have a problem ...... my dog keeps on going in the house. She's 13 so could it be that shes just old or what  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:50 pm
Very good starter price for people who really want a pet. Like the others said, you can never know if they will get sick or hurt and incur more vet cost. When you are trying to figure out if you can afford a pet, call around and check with vets to see if they have payment plans because alot of them don't and want any money as soon as treatment is given. Sometimes this can run into alot of bucks. Pets are great, but you also want to give them the treatment that they need and deserve.  

powerman5000cb

Hatsumi Tashiro

5,200 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:28 am
I don't think 100-125$ is enough for misilanious.
You've got to think of all the things that needs to be bought.
Most people need to buy a crate or baby gate; then collars, leads, a tag, bowls, toys, and grooming stuff (wether it's just shampoo, an actual kit, or grooming bills). You also have to think how well those dogs are trained when they get to thier new house. You may then need treats for training, taining pads, and maybe even a muzzel.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:22 am
Aunalessca
I have a problem ...... my dog keeps on going in the house. She's 13 so could it be that shes just old or what

If she were potty trained when she was younger, she might just need to be taken outside more often. I know alot of older dogs need to go more often then they used to(We have a 14 yr old dachshund who needs to go out ALOT). Also, she may have just lost control of her bladder. If IT's the last part, you should probably take her to a vet to see if she got into something.
Mymother has a Jack russel who got into rat poison, and we didn't catch it soon enough so it did damage to her bladder.  

Hatsumi Tashiro

5,200 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Consumer 100

mmartinfan2004

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:43 pm
I know that dauchshunds can be pretty expensive especially with back problems. My family has 3 of them and one has had a bad back which back problems usually start at about the age of four. I really do not know how much dogs actually cost because i have a hamster and those are not at all expensive to care for.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:30 pm
That letter you received reminds me of an article I read in my city's newspaper about "holiday impulse pet purchasing".

Basically, because people don't realize how much pets really cost, including dollars and your time, a lot of pet shelters fill up after the holidays due to abandonment. The article was trying to get people to think twice before deciding on a pet.

I feel so bad, though. Our city already has so many pets in the pounds that they are actually having to turn away pets that people bring in. It's so sad. I wish I could help somehow. I'd donate, but I don't even have a job yet. >_<;

I have two cats at home in the U.S., but when I came to Canada, I got a teddy-bear hamster. She's relatively cheap to take care of. I'm just using my Christmas money to keep her fed and whatnot. x3 It's not a huge concern.

Tasty Crayons

Toniblab

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:18 am
for the care of one dog its about 215.00 with shots and the test done.and the toe nail trimming we have done!  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:51 pm
This is a very helpful topic, thanks!  

I Am A Mountie

SupaWeena

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:03 pm
my grandma pays for the rabbitry i just dedicate time effort and cleaning to it  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:07 pm
I got an Italian Greayhound not this past thursday but the one before it. the dog cost 200, shipping it cost 217, the kennel cost 35, the first time i went to the pet store before got in was about 150, the second time 150, she had already done the shots but neutering cost 300 (and that was with a discount).

this past thursday he was getting off my lap, missed the ledge i was sitting on and fell maybe a foot and a half. he fractured his radius and ulna about 2 inches above the joint. it cost my parents (and as soon as i can find the money me) 500 for the evet trip, 300 for the weekend vet stay (because its safer for him there that with me), and on monday i drive him an hr away to get an $1800 surgery to get a plate placed in his leg. lord knows its going to cost more than that.

so ive had this dog for a week and a half and he cost me close to 4 grand. keep that in mind. now im not saying i would trade him for the world (i dropped him at the vet 8am yesterday and i miss him more than i can stand) but it is a big money commitment, my RAs dog also got cancer a little while ago. accidents happen and they cost a lot  

Total Snickerdoodle

animegalash

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:50 pm
Well i have 2 dogs 6 cats 12 rabbits 4 fish and a turtle. I am also getting 2 Hampsters soon because my best friend cant take care of them. I pay for toys and extra things with my allowance like leashes and whatnot. I also payed for the fish tanks on my own. My parents take care of caging, vet visits( thank goodness because my cat had to have its eye removed and it cost around 500 dollars) food. My grandma has alot of dog related things so we got leashes and a grooming table for free. I take care of training and grooming myself. Its usually not a good job though but it works... I Am also the one who dedicates the time and effort towards the animals. I am not quite old enough for a job yet but when my junior year comes around i plan on getting a job at a vets office as part of my high school credits and i will also get pay to go towards the rabbitry! (the first litter was an accedental mixed breed but i like caring for the babies so i am going to get some purebreds when i get the money and space! biggrin )  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:45 pm
Puppys r so cute but cost a lot of $  

Hollykinss

450 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
Pets & Animals Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers