Welcome to Gaia! ::

It's A Girl Thing! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Family, A Home. 

Tags: Linkin Park, Contests, Hangout, Role Playing, Twilight 

Reply 20. ✿ - - - Debating
What are your opinions on abortion? Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tirissana

5,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:21 pm
froggymama89
to all the people who keep talking about the overrun foster care system...
ITS THE OLDER KIDS THAT THE SYSTEM IS OVERRUN WITH NOT BABIES!
It aggravates me when people say oh not adoption the system is overrun because these people are not looking at the details. Babies get adopted quickly most before they are ever born. Even faster if it's a private adoption and not one done through social services or CPS. Everyone wants babies the list for babies is years long. In some states its over a decade. But there are tons of kids that need homes. I personally think these people need to get over their baby mania and take some of the older kids. Anyways adoption is an alternative to abortion because babies go like hot cakes. /rant
I’ll erase this feeling…
I still have a long life don’t I?
kono omoi wo keshiteshimau ni ha
mada jinsei nagai deshou?
But that's the thing, babies become children who become teenagers. People think babies are oh so cute and adopt them but when it turns out to be too much of a hassle they send them back to foster care. Sometimes this can continue several times, (or there are other circumstances like abuse). Once the child becomes a teenager, it becomes worse.

However I've met some people on the adoption crusade however they would rather adopt a child in Korea than adopt here. I think that has to stop. You want to help a child who's disabled, starving, in need, etc, then adopt here. Help your own before you help others.
I’m missing the feeling…
so this pain is also welcomed!
natsukashiku naru
konna itami mo kangeijan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:25 pm
froggymama89
finalfantasyfreak1O1
I know im probally going to get yelled at but why would u want to murrder a child.
YES!!!!!! YOU ARE KILLING A CHILD!!!!!!!
If you dont want to get pregnant dont do it.
The smart thing to do is wait till your married anyway.
Its not like u need to get into bed with somone to tell if u want to spend the rest of your life with them anyway.
Also i understand that you might be uneasy about having some stranger's kid, but it doesent mean u have to kill the innocent baby for it.
Its not their fault.
Im emmbarassed of my mom being 16 and my dad being 25(he left shortlly after i was born and never came back) but i cant change it and now im blamed for her not going to college.
Dont kill a baby because u dont want it give it up for adoption.
Its that simple!

not all married women want kids. And not all mothers want more kids. I would rather abort my 4th child than have more kids than I planned on having and ending up like my parents. Also sex is a healthy part of marriage...actually any relationship like a marriage because I'm assuming your talking about legally married but my husband and I were married spiritually before we ever had a wedding. Also the only people I see arguing against abortion in cases of rape have never been raped. I'll let you in on a little secret. It's traumatic and everything that reminds you of it is retraumatizing so ya 9 months of that kind of stress can kill someone or drive them to suicide. If I was raped I'd abort end of question no way I could live with and no way I could force my husband to support me and watch as this thing some animal created grows inside of me.
I’ll erase this feeling…
I agree fully. Only because when my parents got married they didn't plan on having kids. They didn't want to. However 2 years after my parents got married (1988+2=1990 :p) they had me. I was a surprise to them, literally. They kept me because it was a new experience for them.

And I already covered rape and how it's traumatizing along with statistics from RAINN.org. I've never been raped but I took psychology and I understand what it must be like. (Aspiring psychologist don't ya know?)
I’m missing the feeling…
natsukashiku naru
konna itami mo kangeijan

Tirissana

5,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Zephyrkitty

Beloved Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:17 pm
xLady Tsukiyox
But that's the thing, babies become children who become teenagers. People think babies are oh so cute and adopt them but when it turns out to be too much of a hassle they send them back to foster care. Sometimes this can continue several times, (or there are other circumstances like abuse). Once the child becomes a teenager, it becomes worse.

LOL WUT
Also, 'they might get thrown back into the adoption system' = argument from potential. You know, like the argument lifers sometimes make that the fetus might grow up to cure cancer. What might happen to the fetus shouldn't factor into whether or not you can abort the fetus.

How about this instead?
Adoption is not an option because it only helps with unwanted parenting. If I am pregnant, cannot remain pregnant for whatever reason, and can't wait nine months to have the child, adoption won't solve the problem.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:41 pm
froggymama89
Also the only people I see arguing against abortion in cases of rape have never been raped. I'll let you in on a little secret. It's traumatic and everything that reminds you of it is retraumatizing so ya 9 months of that kind of stress can kill someone or drive them to suicide.

Here's the thing: there's no difference between a fetus conceived from rape and a fetus conceived from consensual sex. Also, pro-lifers argue that a fetus is equivalent to a born child. Allowing a rape exception comes with the implication that fetuses (and by extension, born people) conceived through rape are somehow worth less than everyone else.

There's also the fact that consensual-sex pregnancies can also be extremely traumatizing. Allowing a rape exception because of trauma and not allowing abortion for those women comes across as wanting to punish women who choose to have sex.  

Zephyrkitty

Beloved Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200

whatagirlwants

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:48 pm
xLady Tsukiyox
froggymama89
to all the people who keep talking about the overrun foster care system...
ITS THE OLDER KIDS THAT THE SYSTEM IS OVERRUN WITH NOT BABIES!
It aggravates me when people say oh not adoption the system is overrun because these people are not looking at the details. Babies get adopted quickly most before they are ever born. Even faster if it's a private adoption and not one done through social services or CPS. Everyone wants babies the list for babies is years long. In some states its over a decade. But there are tons of kids that need homes. I personally think these people need to get over their baby mania and take some of the older kids. Anyways adoption is an alternative to abortion because babies go like hot cakes. /rant
I’ll erase this feeling…

However I've met some people on the adoption crusade however they would rather adopt a child in Korea than adopt here. I think that has to stop. You want to help a child who's disabled, starving, in need, etc, then adopt here. Help your own before you help others.
I’m missing the feeling…
natsukashiku naru
konna itami mo kangeijan

I'm not saying this doesn't happen but the gross majority of the time I'm talking over 90% of the time the baby is adopted quickly and permanently into a healthy, happy home. As far as adopting abroad I had no qualms...I sorta do when its to adopt a healthy baby though, if want one get in line. In a rush for kids? take one of the millions of kids in our system or elsewhere that needs a loving home so what if they know they're adopted and its a little bit more work at the beginning.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:55 pm
Zephyrkitty
froggymama89
Also the only people I see arguing against abortion in cases of rape have never been raped. I'll let you in on a little secret. It's traumatic and everything that reminds you of it is retraumatizing so ya 9 months of that kind of stress can kill someone or drive them to suicide.

Here's the thing: there's no difference between a fetus conceived from rape and a fetus conceived from consensual sex. Also, pro-lifers argue that a fetus is equivalent to a born child. Allowing a rape exception comes with the implication that fetuses (and by extension, born people) conceived through rape are somehow worth less than everyone else.

There's also the fact that consensual-sex pregnancies can also be extremely traumatizing. Allowing a rape exception because of trauma and not allowing abortion for those women comes across as wanting to punish women who choose to have sex.

I know I think its a woman's choice. Abortion can be traumatizing too. It depends on the person but the people who as there is no reason for abortion or you should only get it to save your life irk me because if I had to carry my rapists child I would put a bullet in my brain so I guess ya having an abortion would save my life. However like you said there is no difference in the fetus so if it was only legal as a life saying procedure would that include suicide?  

whatagirlwants

Zephyrkitty

Beloved Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:01 am
froggymama89
Zephyrkitty
froggymama89

I know I think its a woman's choice. Abortion can be traumatizing too. It depends on the person but the people who as there is no reason for abortion or you should only get it to save your life irk me because if I had to carry my rapists child I would put a bullet in my brain so I guess ya having an abortion would save my life. However like you said there is no difference in the fetus so if it was only legal as a life saying procedure would that include suicide?

From a legal perspective, I'm not sure how you'd include suicide. Allowing it in cases of threats would have the same problem as allowing it in cases of rape (people will lie so that they can still get an abortion), and waiting for the person to demonstrate that it's a problem only works if they fail on their first attempt.

In this situation, I would assume that if someone is threatening to commit suicide over a pregnancy (or tries and fails), the first step would be some sort of medication or counseling to see if another solution can be found.

To be completely honest, you're probably better off asking someone who's pro-life where suicide would fall. It's not something I see brought up very often.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:24 pm
Zephyrkitty
froggymama89
Zephyrkitty
froggymama89

From a legal perspective, I'm not sure how you'd include suicide. Allowing it in cases of threats would have the same problem as allowing it in cases of rape (people will lie so that they can still get an abortion), and waiting for the person to demonstrate that it's a problem only works if they fail on their first attempt.

In this situation, I would assume that if someone is threatening to commit suicide over a pregnancy (or tries and fails), the first step would be some sort of medication or counseling to see if another solution can be found.

To be completely honest, you're probably better off asking someone who's pro-life where suicide would fall. It's not something I see brought up very often.

om gonna make a thread that about that in ED because now I wanna know what they would say.  

whatagirlwants

Tirissana

5,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:22 pm
Zephyrkitty
froggymama89
Zephyrkitty
froggymama89

I’ll erase this feeling…
Traumatic events such as rape, war, even natural disasters, acts of terrorism, gang incidents, uprisings, violent protests, etc can cause a plethora of psychological disorders. Some of which lead to suicide or suicidal tendencies or even homicidal tendencies (in some cases of soldiers coming home from war. Though these cases were seemingly worse in Vietnam during the 70's.)

The trauma a victim receives can cause them to be paranoid and make them think that their attacker is after them and want to kill them. (much like some incidents of domestic abuse) Along with their child. If left untreated the unthinkable could happen. This ranges from abandoning the child, killing it, cutting out the womb before birth, killing oneself, killing the child and oneself etc.

The child if told about being the product of rape could feel horrible about it's own life and take it's own life. With children, they are very receptive beings. In other words (based on some of my observation of once being a child) children are very empathetic being. They can feel an emotional bond to their mothers and understand why they are upset or angry. If the trauma the victim is experiencing is directed at the child in either sadness or anger, the child would feel it and begin to hate itself. (It is very possible for this scenario to happen, even with unwanted children not necessarily cases of rape)

To put this all into perspective below is a link to statisics concerning victims and the breakdown of psychological disorders that stems from the Trauma that is experienced.

RAINN.org Who are the Victims
I’m missing the feeling…
natsukashiku naru
konna itami mo kangeijan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:51 am
xLady Tsukiyox
Traumatic events such as rape, war, even natural disasters, acts of terrorism, gang incidents, uprisings, violent protests, etc can cause a plethora of psychological disorders. Some of which lead to suicide or suicidal tendencies or even homicidal tendencies (in some cases of soldiers coming home from war. Though these cases were seemingly worse in Vietnam during the 70's.)

...And what does this have to do with what I posted?

xLady Tsukiyox
The trauma a victim receives can cause them to be paranoid and make them think that their attacker is after them and want to kill them. (much like some incidents of domestic abuse) Along with their child. If left untreated the unthinkable could happen. This ranges from abandoning the child, killing it, cutting out the womb before birth, killing oneself, killing the child and oneself etc.

Zephyrkitty

xLady Tsukiyox
The child if told about being the product of rape could feel horrible about it's own life and take it's own life. With children, they are very receptive beings. In other words (based on some of my observation of once being a child) children are very empathetic being. They can feel an emotional bond to their mothers and understand why they are upset or angry. If the trauma the victim is experiencing is directed at the child in either sadness or anger, the child would feel it and begin to hate itself. (It is very possible for this scenario to happen, even with unwanted children not necessarily cases of rape)

Ignoring the fact that this has nothing to do with what I posted, I have a feeling that it has less to do with being a product of rape and more to do with simply being hated or unwanted. They don't necessarily have to go together; a fetus conceived through rape isn't necessarily hated and a fetus conceived through consensual sex isn't necessarily loved.

xLady Tsukiyox
To put this all into perspective below is a link to statisics concerning victims and the breakdown of psychological disorders that stems from the Trauma that is experienced.

...And this has nothing to do with my post. The best I can think of is that you're meaning this as a response to why there's no rape exception for the pro-life side, but that still doesn't work since their reason is completely unrelated to trauma.  

Zephyrkitty

Beloved Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200

whatagirlwants

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:53 pm
Zephyrkitty
xLady Tsukiyox

...And what does this have to do with what I posted?

xLady Tsukiyox

Zephyrkitty

xLady Tsukiyox

Ignoring the fact that this has nothing to do with what I posted, I have a feeling that it has less to do with being a product of rape and more to do with simply being hated or unwanted. They don't necessarily have to go together; a fetus conceived through rape isn't necessarily hated and a fetus conceived through consensual sex isn't necessarily loved.

xLady Tsukiyox

...And this has nothing to do with my post. The best I can think of is that you're meaning this as a response to why there's no rape exception for the pro-life side, but that still doesn't work since their reason is completely unrelated to trauma.

I think it was a response my asking about suicide. I love you for stating that not every concentual conception is wanted. I think there should be no negative stigma about abortion. If that were the case then mothers who already have children but don't want more would feel okay not having more. My mom wanted one, she got two, she hated the second. Granted I'm glad she didn't abort me but I think its better than being raised the way I was.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:02 pm
Abortion is wrong no matter the circumstances. I am leaving it at that because someone is going to tell me how wrong my opinion is, and that is just annoying.  

Shuh-duh-fuh-cup

8,150 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Hester Peche

Perfect Genius

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:35 am
joe_is_my_hubby
Abortion is wrong no matter the circumstances. I am leaving it at that because someone is going to tell me how wrong my opinion is, and that is just annoying.

This is a debate. If you are going to say something we would like facts to back up your stance. Otherwise it's just personal opinion.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:10 am
Hester Peche
joe_is_my_hubby

This is a debate. If you are going to say something we would like facts to back up your stance. Otherwise it's just personal opinion.

You are killing an innocent life over something that was YOUR choice. Even if you were raped, you can still have the baby. An innocent life should not have to suffer because of a choice that you (or another person) made. If you didn't want a baby, then you shouldn't be having sex. It's just that simple. Abortion is murder!  

Shuh-duh-fuh-cup

8,150 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Seawicket

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:54 am
joe_is_my_hubby

So, if a woman is raped and becomes pregnant, she has to live with that?
Don't get me wrong, I'm against it, but to a point.

If a woman is raped, then I can see getting an abortion.
If a young girl becomes pregnant, again...I'm okay with an abortion.

But if you knowingly have sex without birth control, then that's something
that you have to deal with. At that point, there's adoption.  
20. ✿ - - - Debating

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff