Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply T3h Movie World
Its time for "Reviews of movies i rented" (my opinions) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Should i keep doing this?
  Yes
  Nah
View Results

Saintsage777

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 4:36 pm
"American gangster" Thriller/drama/crime

Its almost 3 hours long and its "inspired" by a true story.

Denzel Washington is a mob boss like non other, mainly cause hes black. In this day that wouldnt be a problem, but this took place in the later 60's Early 70's so back then it was different.

It revolves around Frank who is the Mob Boss, he runs it with Honor, and even brings his brothers into it too. He was become a top drug dealer. But some screw-ups and some corrupt cops made him noticeable.

Ruaaell Crowe is a cop whos losing almost everything, and tries to stop Frank and bring him to Justice. The movie itself is long and for the adverage person might seem boring. For me it was quite good. It showes the high point and the fall of Frank.

Now its casting is good, i enjoyed it. Theres isnt much action but its mainly a movie of making u think what is going to happen next. The ending is pleasing too unlike most movies *cough* Cloverfield *cough* Now its rated R for nudity, and theres alot of it. violence, blood, language, drug usage etc...One of the scened that i likes was when Frank was talking to this p***k in public whips out of his gun and shoots him in the head. Normally that doesnt seem like a big deal. But if u watch the scene and setting, its pretty good.

Movie like "No Country for Old Men" or "There will be Blood" win awards and all that as some get ignored. This movie i think is a movie that would be considered award material exept the people who do the award shows are...meh there messed up.

This movie gets a 5/5 if your a film buff, go get it, if you like crime or Mob dramas, go get it, if you want a movie with a nice pace, clever lines, with some actgion and all and all good enjoyment, go get it. This i say is worth a BUY.  
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 7:33 pm
I've been thinking about seeing American Gangster, I've just never gotten around to it. Mostly because I'm afraid it will just be some major rip-off of The Godfather. Though, it is a Ridley Scott film, so I suppose it can't be that bad. Oh, and after a quick IMDb search, I see Steven Zaillian (Schindler's List) wrote it, so I guess that would give it some more potentially awesome points.  

RedWhiteBlack
Crew

Saintsage777

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 8:32 am
(its good and also "Jumper" is comming soon, my review)  
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 1:23 pm
"Jumper" action/adventure

It had decent casting but its mainly known for "MOTHER F#C*!NG SAMUEL L. JACKSON"! As the villain. But lets delve into this movie.

It starts as David falls into a river and discovers that he can teleport (awesome)
So he moves out, finds a place of his own, and robs a bank....yep...then Samual Jackson comes in and investigates. Cut to 8ish years later.

David is doing fine, traveling the world, stealing things. Everything is fine untill his past catches up to him. Samuels character is a man who will stop at nothing, even killing others to kill a jumper. Hes a hunter who kills jumpers so David has to escape but the GENIUS he is ends up bringing his old lover into this battle with him.

So its typical he is exeptional and uses his power for good and yeah.

The ending im not a fan of but he doesnt kill the villian and his mom is A F*CK!NG B!TCH A C#NT if you will. But he gets the girl teleports out and cue the credits.

Alright the graphics are good, nice views of the different lands that he has traveled in. The casting is decent but...its average, a nice rent, watch it with the family or friends. but yeah all and all...3/5  

Saintsage777

Saintsage777

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 7:50 pm
coming soon.. Braveheart  
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 2:42 pm
"Braveheart" drama/action

Mel Gibson is SCOTIIIISHHHH oh yeah. The casting is great, good drama, action, blood, fire, sex..ish but im getting ahead.

In Scotland there is a king who is a realll d**k and he should of dies a more painful death. Well hes ruling scotland badly. So a man and his brother or oldest son. So and leave the fathers youngest son behind. The two come back dead and the boy goes with his uncle to live.

He then comes back a man. Where he falls in love with a woman and they Wed. But the kind being the d**k he is makes a rule that is someone is to Wed the bride must have get with other men on her wedding night if by force. The Hero weds sexretely but a CREEEEEEPPPYYYY perverted freak tried to rape her, she hits him, she gets taken and killed. The hero comes in and kills all the knights and starts a rebellion.

I wont cover all of this movie because its 3 hours long. But he leads an army, they show their junk/flash the enemy, and move on. More fighting, the king becomes more of a d**k. And a but of a twist...ish in the movie where its sad but it ends on a good note.

Its long but good, it shows one mans travel from being a regular man, to being a hero fighting for freedom. His legacy continues and. Its good, it has its sad moments, thus "drama" but its good.

All and all its great a 5/5 i recommend it. I need to review a bad movie im lacking in those reviews.  

Saintsage777

Saintsage777

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 5:57 am
alright i have 2 Johnny Depp movie reviews coming, i just need to watch them.  
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 8:53 am
"The Libertine" will be up soon.  

Saintsage777

Saintsage777

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 5:34 pm
"The Libertine" Drama/romance

Johnny Depp is a Perverted drunk who falls in love and tries to change himself, as well he changed his lover from a poor actress to a talented actress. While being ruled over by a King.

Its nice acting, a good err maybe a date movie lol. Definitely not for kids or early teens. But i wasnt a fan of how it was filmed, the color is it was tanish and make everyone look sick. it had the "twilight affect" where it made everyone looked like they had some skin disease, just my opinion.

But otherwise, i did like it, it feels long yes, but it was still enjoyable. The Character development was like a bit typical. But the way he did it was good. I forgot what disease he was dying of though. If anyoen remembers comment on here of what it was.

All and all it was good. It fit the drama section quite well, and for the Depp fans, if u want to see him more perverted then he was as Jack Sparrow, this is a movie to see. 4/5  
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 5:19 pm
COMING SOON...1 MOVIE.....THAT WONT SUCK....but its more of a mini series....

User Image  

Saintsage777

Saintsage777

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 5:55 pm
(again i says have this topic as a sticky so i dont have to worry about this coming down when im not on. i have a job but im almost done with the mini series)  
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 7:54 pm
User Image

Adventure/Fantasy

This is not a movie its a 5 hour mini series. But It might as well be. In many of my reviews i recommend a movie to a certain audience. This movie is for Everyone...except for little kids...meh. So if you dating, if your into scifi, Even if you are a horror guy you would Like this. Most likely you will.

Now unlike "The Return to Oz" ( -.- ) this is in a way a return to Oz but in a much different way....oh where to begin...Alright well this movie takes place in todays worls set back looooooooooooooooooong after the original movie took place. The main character is D.G. again named after her well you figure it out.

Alright, i can not go through the whole walk through. But Ill do my best without spoiling much. D.G. was a girl who was having a decent life, untill she had visions in her sleep. Meanwhile an evil sorceress wants a emerald to darken all of Oz.

Well D.G. ends up in Oz, and meets the same type of characters. A cowerdly lion..who can read minds and see things. A man without a brain, but really isnt a scarecrow. And a man with no heart, who is a cop. They called cops in Oz "Tin Man." but the movie doesnt focus on him hes a B story (or sub plot) so why is it called "Tin Man?" I dunno maybe because "D.G." didnt fit well...(part 2 soon)  

Saintsage777

Saintsage777

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 8:13 pm
"Tin Man part 2"

So the sorceress wants D.G. and her gang dead or captured. And D.G. wants to find her mom, and discover her past/her real self. Then must defeat the evil sorceress and save Oz. With some Twists.

So is the same type of characters from the original in this remake? Yes evil witch, check, wizard in emerald city, check, munchkins, yes, lolipop guild, no. Queen, yes, the origional D.G. yes..wait...blonder hair??? meh and. A robots? flying monkeys coming out of a womans clevage? Armies? Rebels? weird, plant/dino creatures? (O.o).....thats new. But its good.

It has some dark moments, sad moments, fantasy moments, flashbacks, twists, and alot of them. Jokes relevant to who the characters are and jokes/references to the original movie/book.

So I must say, Film critics/buffs, average folks, geeks, nerds, lovers, fanatics, everyone exept for the stupid little kids (just my opinion) come watch this mini-series. All and all, it's great, 5/5 10/10 it's just...WOW it blew my mind. Go watch it now!  
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 11:15 am
i am watching a miniseries again "Dune" the scifi channel version not the movie.  

Saintsage777

Saintsage777

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 1:27 pm
DUNE....i am finishing disk 3....feel free to write your own movie reviews...just keep the rants PG-13ish i have to so you must too.  
T3h Movie World

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff