Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Convention Forum
Convention Attention: HOW ANNOYING! D:< Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dr Rex

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:20 pm
SakuraRico
DRAMA!!! Nuff said...

But to abound a bit more, last sunday at a Mini Con, one of the regular congoers got into a fist fight, and now his whole group is getting violent, and there's a big con coming up in three days. And let's just say that anyone who is not part of their group, is their enemy... I can't wait to report here what goes on in the con...

Plus, three of them are the judges in the videogame category. So I am not gonna participate in the cosplay contest, and neither will a lot of people be. Simply because we know the only winners will be the people from their group.

And if anyone frequents 4chan, they are the ones that call themselves the Espadas, creating a bad name for Puertorrican cosplayers everywhere.

Lol they coined the name of a street gang for cosplay? Or for 4chan?  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:49 pm
One of my biggest complaints was about how Red Bull's Flugtag event happened on the same day and same area that Metrocon was being held in 2008.

That Saturday was completely jammed pack full of people. Not a single square feet of floor was open. I do not mind the flugtaggers at all actually. What ticked me off so much was the fact that there were some idiots who rampaged throughout the convention center harassing con-goers.

They messed with people's cosplays and were completely drunk! They harassed us for our hobby and interests as being "weird", "stupid", "lame", "freakish" while they are the ones shoving go-carts off of platforms to see how far they can fly before ending up in the water. Not saying that their hobby is stupid, but let us enjoy our hobby while you enjoy yours without any ridiculous harassment.  

YilingBaozu

IRL Fatcat

8,650 Points
  • The Sweetest 250
  • The Edgiest 250

MyLifeNew

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:49 am
Sakura_Minamuto
One of my biggest complaints was about how Red Bull's Flugtag event happened on the same day and same area that Metrocon was being held in 2008.

That Saturday was completely jammed pack full of people. Not a single square feet of floor was open. I do not mind the flugtaggers at all actually. What ticked me off so much was the fact that there were some idiots who rampaged throughout the convention center harassing con-goers.

They messed with people's cosplays and were completely drunk! They harassed us for our hobby and interests as being "weird", "stupid", "lame", "freakish" while they are the ones shoving go-carts off of platforms to see how far they can fly before ending up in the water. Not saying that their hobby is stupid, but let us enjoy our hobby while you enjoy yours without any ridiculous harassment.
Simmering so bright~.

I remember that year of Metro and it was my first con too. I told myself if this is what a cons like I don't want to go to another. Good thing I changed my mind.
User Image

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:48 pm
MyLifeNew
Sakura_Minamuto

Simmering so bright~.

I remember that year of Metro and it was my first con too. I told myself if this is what a cons like I don't want to go to another. Good thing I changed my mind.
User Image

Aww, sorry that was your first con experience. Metrocon is definitely not like that on its own. The Metro team weren't expecting Flugtag to be scheduled during that time. They didn't have enough security to deal with them all. Have fun at the next con if you're going 8D  

YilingBaozu

IRL Fatcat

8,650 Points
  • The Sweetest 250
  • The Edgiest 250

MyLifeNew

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:12 pm
Sakura_Minamuto
MyLifeNew
Sakura_Minamuto

Simmering so bright~.

User Image

Aww, sorry that was your first con experience. Metrocon is definitely not like that on its own. The Metro team weren't expecting Flugtag to be scheduled during that time. They didn't have enough security to deal with them all. Have fun at the next con if you're going User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Simmering so bright~.

I went back to Metro last year~ I gotta say, it was fun.
User Image

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:37 pm
Dr Rex
SakuraRico
DRAMA!!! Nuff said...

But to abound a bit more, last sunday at a Mini Con, one of the regular congoers got into a fist fight, and now his whole group is getting violent, and there's a big con coming up in three days. And let's just say that anyone who is not part of their group, is their enemy... I can't wait to report here what goes on in the con...

Plus, three of them are the judges in the videogame category. So I am not gonna participate in the cosplay contest, and neither will a lot of people be. Simply because we know the only winners will be the people from their group.

And if anyone frequents 4chan, they are the ones that call themselves the Espadas, creating a bad name for Puertorrican cosplayers everywhere.

They took it from Bleach for both 4chan, our forum, and cosplay. >.<  

SakuraRico

The Lone Wolf Jedi

3,500 Points
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:00 pm
SakuraRico
Dr Rex
SakuraRico
DRAMA!!! Nuff said...

Not only are they creating a bad name for Puerto Ricans(I happen to be friends with one and he would be offended as well) but for Bleach fans, too

As for 4Chan, I stay away from that website  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:50 pm
The Lone Wolf Jedi
SakuraRico
Dr Rex
SakuraRico
DRAMA!!! Nuff said...

Not only are they creating a bad name for Puerto Ricans(I happen to be friends with one and he would be offended as well) but for Bleach fans, too

As for 4Chan, I stay away from that website

About 4Chan, we tend to patrol the website weekly, daily when a con is near or has just passed, because they create TOO much trouble for us. Prime example is that they said that one of my group was a professional prostitute in her spare time, and put a list of her "clients", along with her workplace and home addresses, and telephone number and pictures. People contacted her at all the mentioned places looking for her "services", which got her kicked out from her work for unethical conduct and soiling the name of the company, and I believe she also had to move and change her number.

As you can see, these guys are out for more than just causing a little drama. In the last two cons we have had, one of them got into a fist fight.

There's another con this sunday Feb. 28, let's see what happens there and then...  

SakuraRico

Strawberry Skank

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:39 am
Being as I've only been to one convention, I don't have many, if any, complaints about what I experienced. The only thing that bothered me was this girl who took pictures of me without my permission. AND GETTING MY PLUSHIES STOLEN AND THROWN AROUND THE CON. OMFG. But I wasn't in cosplay, I felt fat, and I was really self-conscious when that girl took my picture. I finally got her to delete it. But I had ramune and choco-bread for the first time, and I saw a little chibi Itachi cosplayer, and overall it was a lot of fun. But. I do have one cosplay complaint that relates to cosplay in general.

Hot Topic gets way too much negative credit.
Okay, yes, I understand how irritating it would be to see someone in random skirts and whatnot from HT and then claiming to be Misa when they aren't even doing anything with their hair and are acting like they're all cool and original. But Hot Topic actually does have some handy goods in there. I cosplay Misa (I still have a few things left to add) and I got the dress and fishnet tights from there. BUT. I was really picky about which dress I got. The one I got actually really reminds me of the one Misa wears when she first meets Light. There's a difference between throwing something random together and calling it a cosplay, and getting something that strongly resembles the character design and could be respectably worn as a cosplay. Is my entire cosplay from Hot Topic? No. But I really am proud of the dress I got a hold of. Easy on the HT-hating. They have some good s**t.

Another pet peeve I have is when people complain about characters being overdone. Yes, it's annoying seeing a thousand cosplays of the same person or from the same series. But honestly, if you love the character, why let that stop you? I don't think you should cosplay a character just because they're easy or popular. But there is such a thing as really liking the character and doing a good job on your cosplay. I love Sakura before shippuuden, and sometimes in the future I plan on cosplaying her pre-chunin exam form. I don't think "overdone series/characters" is a good enough reason to keep yourself from cosplaying someone.

Oh my, wall of text. XD But yeah.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:29 pm
When girls dress in their underwear to get pictures from horndogs. |:  

innkling

Unstoppable Goat

Shymedusa

Interesting Entrepreneur

6,300 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:03 pm
People who ruin a convention for me period! that include harassing stalkers rude photographers snobby people in general and crowds of dancers who block the doors to the artist alley and dealers room  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:00 pm
Hoshi no Miko
Lilith Dragon Witch

:: ”Elite” Cosplayers Attitude ::
They spend over hundreds of dollars and hours to make on little costume and they belittle others who just either started out or didn’t spend so much on making or buying their cosplay. Its like they are high and mighty and should be praised on their hard work, when clearly, they are just a normal person with a bad attitude and no sense of having fun. Everything is a compition for them and they forget the whole point and make the rude comments to others having fun. So annoying…

I know I am late in quoting it, but I have to, because I agree 100%. That kind of attitude just pisses me right off. I myself love to cosplay, but I can't sew, that's just one talent I don't have. So, I go out to a thrift store and I get the things I need for the base of a costume, then alter it into the cosplay I am going for. I kind of half buy, half make my cosplay, but it's the best I can do. Now, I understand that I am not going to look as perfect as someone who can design patterns and sew with the best of them, but I don't look terrible and the cosplay is as accurate as I can POSSIBLY make it, and trust me, I can get a little a*** about my accuracy. It's those kind of elitists that really get me down about cosplaying and make me wonder why I should bother anymore... so yeah, that's a big peeve of mine.

Don't give up because of their stupidity because that is how I started out was with thrift store alterations. I still do it to this day if it helps me in the long run. Heck you can get some good material off of old clothing.  

Ashta Nightrayne

Kitten-Tora

5,650 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:18 pm
I have to agree on the funk mainly. I'm going to be cosplaying for the first time ever and I only have one costume, but I know to take a shower and febreez it.

Also do you think I'll be getting any hate because of me wearing these boots for my Axel cosplay? I'm only 4'11 and these boots make me pretty tall so I'm not an Edward Elric-sized Axel. This is making me worry quite a bit.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:49 pm
Kitten-Tora
I have to agree on the funk mainly. I'm going to be cosplaying for the first time ever and I only have one costume, but I know to take a shower and febreez it.

Also do you think I'll be getting any hate because of me wearing these boots for my Axel cosplay? I'm only 4'11 and these boots make me pretty tall so I'm not an Edward Elric-sized Axel. This is making me worry quite a bit.
And every time you ask him for another vanishing act,
he half smiles as if to say...

I don't think there should really be a problem with most people. I know a lot of people who use shoes that have some sort of lift (like a heel or platform) to make their height more accurate for the cosplay.

..."Whatever you want,
whatever you want,
whatever you want is fine by me."

Stegsie

Tiny Friend

12,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Timid 100

Phoenix Form

Tipsy Friend

8,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:20 am
Elitists... Oh Mah. Gawd.

I don't think I'm a bad cosplayer, and I do get annoyed at people who are bad because they don't try and think they're great... but I've actually had people get mad at me because I didn't take a picture of them on my way by. -__- It wasn't even in the main con! There are those people who will pretend they cant' hear you talking because you're an "inferior cosplayer" and "below them"... when the celebrity guest will go get donuts with you for s***s and giggles, but other anime geeks your own age will literally stick up their noses and pretend they can't hear you talking because they've decided their costume of a cartoon character is better than yours... *sigh* I hang out with people because they're cool... not because they look like an imaginary person better than everyone else. -__-

Conga lines at raves. Srsly. Naw dude.

Cooooon sluuuuuuts. My girlfriend and I like to cosplay couples because people like it, we like it, and it's cute. I mean, a lot of people cosplaying couples are just friends and won't get close... the fanservice is fun, and it's in character for us to be close... but then random girls will start hitting on me because they saw me kiss another girl... even though I make it very clear that I'm dating her, and very unavailable. They're just creepy and hitting on me relentlessly even after I've explained it to them... I don't understand... It's not just a simple misunderstanding. Do they think I'm going to leave my girlfriend for them because they're also female? I'm not going to make out with them just because I like their gender... that's half the world, you ho! *sigh*  
Convention Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff