Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
The Survivors (3.5/3rd Custom) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Seph Baelzara rolled 4 6-sided dice: 6, 1, 6, 5 Total: 18 (4-24)

Seph Baelzara

Dedicated Gaian

12,050 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:06 pm
I see a 18...
And, this is for my cohort.

I just ruined any luck I may have...
18/17/15/14/12/12

@DM
Can a cohort have Leadership if they meet the requirements?  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:09 pm
What is the Prism?  

Jacior

Seph Baelzara

Dedicated Gaian

12,050 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:10 pm
Two words: Prismatic Wall  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:10 pm
Okay, base stats and such for Kadaihthuan Suohshia are done.

I'll be creating a secondary character sheet with her common buffs, etc. Feel free to go ahead and accept/decline her as you see fit.  

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

serketcity

Friendly Prophet

6,750 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:28 pm
Seph Baelzara

My vote is no; with a little luck you could raise an army using micromanaged cohorts, and I personally don't like that kind of recursive action.
Plus I think cohorts can only take combat feats. If any at all.

Sidenote: How long do zombies/skeletons stay animated for?
Also:
Thhartokk
Man, I should've bought one of those increase skill tomes. Is it too late for me to get one of those, maybe change my skill points a bit?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:14 pm
Thhartokk
Seph Baelzara

My vote is no; with a little luck you could raise an army using micromanaged cohorts, and I personally don't like that kind of recursive action.

By RAW, Leadership only takes Character Level 6. There is nothing in the description that says cohorts cannot take it as well.

Also, I calculated it out, the maximum number of creatures I could have is: 265 followers in total. Not counting a total of 5 other recursive cohorts. 14, 12, 10, 8, 6. I'd "order" the strongest follower (level 14) to follow me, with the others stay in a town I built for them.

In another question, which would be connected to the previous:
How would you, the DM, feel about me using the Stronghold Builder's Handbook (and WE supplement)?  

Seph Baelzara

Dedicated Gaian

12,050 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200

Jacior

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:38 pm
Thhartokk
Sidenote: How long do zombies/skeletons stay animated for?

Forever or until destruction. Whichever comes first  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:28 pm
Seph Baelzara
Thhartokk
Seph Baelzara

By RAW, Leadership only takes Character Level 6. There is nothing in the description that says cohorts cannot take it as well.

Also, I calculated it out, the maximum number of creatures I could have is: 265 followers in total. Not counting a total of 5 other recursive cohorts. 14, 12, 10, 8, 6. I'd "order" the strongest follower (level 14) to follow me, with the others stay in a town I built for them.

How would you, the DM, feel about me using the Stronghold Builder's Handbook (and WE supplement)?

If you're going that route, remember that you get several followers that range from 8-6, IIRC. Those should have leadership as well.  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:53 pm
50 Healing arrows a day ... and you all said that my character was broken.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:20 pm
Dont blame me, blame 3.0 n.n

Oh and I cant put it on a weapon. It is a spesific magic item. Not listed as just as enchantment option. Also the weapon and bow would be one use items as well =3  

Rock_DS

4,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Explorer 100

Seph Baelzara

Dedicated Gaian

12,050 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:49 pm
Plainsfox
Seph Baelzara
Thhartokk
Seph Baelzara

If you're going that route, remember that you get several followers that range from 8-6, IIRC. Those should have leadership as well.

Well I figure...
I have Leadership, the max level cohort is 14
That has leadership, that max is 12
Continue this down to the 6th level cohort who ends the line with leadership.
Followers start/stop flocking at Leadership score of 10. But the next closest would be a score of 12, which is a Cohort of level 8 and 8 level 1 followers.

I figure anything less than 10 HD is way too flimsy for our travels, and the followers that would come with that is too much of a hindrance. Which is why I figure a small legion of followers, a clutch of cohorts, and a small town, borderline city, would be good for a base of operations. Where we could have a function civilization with such places as religion, smithy, trade, etc.
I could erect our castle and the surrounding walls, keep the weather acceptable at most times, and place it within an unclaimed piece of land by the water. I'd try for some wheres near the woods, too, if possible.
Of course, being a wizard, I'm not the most personable person, so with a proper speaking skills, I'd bow to adviser. I might delegate that to the 12th level cohort for the moment.

Of course this is all tl;dr if it isn't allowed.

The MAXIMUM number of 6th level characters with leadership could only be 3. Once from the downward progression, then twice from having a Leadership score of 25+
[x]
So... nothing too bad.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:56 pm
did just realize that I can be one hell of a spy... who the ******** thinks that griffons are intelligent? And mine is pematongued.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:00 am
You may have to wind up swallowing your pride, Raga.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:05 am
Hey Seph... would you name your town Mos Eisley?  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Seph Baelzara

Dedicated Gaian

12,050 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:16 am
If the DM allows me to build such a town, I shall name it thus. The SW nerd in me agrees. 3nodding  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff