Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Great Hall
The Antechamber/Great Hall Entrance Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 25 26 27 28 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:56 pm
User Image
User Image

Alexandria listened as the male professor spoke. "More waiting? By the time we get sorted, the year will be over," she muttered sarcastically to Alexander. Honestly, how much waiting would they do? Hopefully, this wouldn't happen often, for Alex's patience would give way eventually. At least the very next thing to happen would be the sorting. No more boats. No more traveling. It was a long enough day without any extra moving from place to place.

Oh, oh, oh, it's m a g i c you know. Never b e l i e v e it's not so.

((OOC: outfit in left picture))

It's m a g i c you know. Never b e l i e v e it's not so.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:06 pm
User Image

The apologize had been amazing. Like the final clouds of a storm moving off and letting the sun through. Catharine had been startled by the words, in truth because she figured that he hadn't understood why she had been angry. She made a mental note not to underestimate David's understanding abilities.

It amazed her more the lengths he was willing to go to for Kas. Though actually that little bit scared her. She didn't like the notion that with a few words, he could have people digging up stuff on her and her mother. Her mother was already wary of the Wizarding World and Cat felt that there might be some secret to that, but she wasn't sure what it was and wasn't sure she wanted to know. Yet David could find out and possible even Kas. She contained a shudder and simply said, "I'm really sure that there isn't a need for all that. Just the typical amount of research should be enough. If Kas wants to share all the better, but in till than I think it best just to watch.

After all, it's possible that it's nothing at all,"
she add with a shrug. Then let a smirk pull on her face as she said jokingly,"Now that is thinking ahead. Next time I want your cloak to also have large pockets so I can sink my hands into and something in purple. I've read that purple is the colour of magic."

[{o.o.C }]

mc2
Greycast

StudiousDemoness

Intellectual Shapeshifter

2,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Wall Street 200

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:19 pm
User Image

David Sinclair League
[UNSORTED]

House: Unsorted
Wand: Supple and Smooth//11 3/4 inches//Hawthorne//Fairy Hair
Current Age: 11
Blood: The son of a squib and witch from pureblood families
Year at Hogwarts: First Year
Wearing: school uniform in plain black

She expects me to get purple robes?

"Purple is also the color of royalty, but no, I'm not wearing it," He answered with a sigh. "I'll remember you want a warm purple cloak with deep pockets for your birthday or something."

He lowered his voice again to discuss the matter of Kas. He said in honest confusion, "That would be a typical amount of research, Catharine. Using all resources available is typical amount of research, right? If I can discreetly use family information networks if need be I don't see anything wrong with it. But, yes, you are right it would be best if Kas would just share whatever is bothering him. I'd hate to go behind his back. And we'll just wait and watch. That is the wisest course of action."

He forced a smile and glanced at the large doors standing in his way to the great hall where the sorting hat was, where his fate for his house would be decided. He realized now that he decided a course of action regarding Kas and reconciled with Catharine his nerves about house placement were back again. He felt as if he was going to hurl. The back of his mind kept pointing out all his traits that would make him a good Slytherin while his heart screamed 'no' and that he wanted a quiet existence in Ravenclaw. He just wished the sorting would start.
StudiousDemoness
Greycast

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:31 pm
    _________________________________________________________________________________________________________

————————υиѕσятє∂
    ————————♡ ♡you're rightнαℓf-вℓσσ∂
    User Image
    .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. Piera Tucker .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. ..

oooPiera smiled in appreciation as Kas told her that her constant questions weren't a problem. She nodded in understanding as he explained that he wasn't that well versed on ghosts and poltergeists. Next she made a mental note to remember the title of the Hogwarts history book, but then her mouth morphed into an 'O' shape as he explained that it was one of their textbooks. Maybe she should have actually read her books instead of bugging her dad.

The young witch listened attentively as the red head told her about the animal mascots of the four houses as well as the different traits that the houses wanted. She didn't particularly care for badgers, but Hufflepuff sounded like a really nice house.
                          "Are your parent's houses have any determining factor in your sorting? They all sound good... But I guess I'm not going to go in Slytherin. What house do you think you'll be put in?" Piera asked in curiosity.

But when Kas explained his view on the sorting, the pig tailed girl blinked in surprise.
                          "I hadn't thought about it that way... It's just like different teams in sports, there's friendly competition, but it always gets worse sometimes." She hadn't thought school as a competition and now rather hoped that she didn't get placed in either Gryffindor or Slytherin. She'd rather just enjoy school and make friends than constantly fight and compete.

σut σf crαck?!ooQuestions~

ωhεɾε Black Lake shore. ooooo ωσи∂єяιиg I wonder what house I'll get sorted into. ooooo ωเtђ Gwen Tudor, Elsie Vass and Kas.

Greycast

Piera Touko

Dedicated Poster

6,700 Points
    • Forum Regular 100
    • Dressed Up 200
    • Friendly 100

KlutzyChild

Gracious Gekko

5,600 Points
    • Forum Sophomore 300
    • Citizen 200
    • Signature Look 250
    PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:43 pm
    User Image
    User Image

ℐirst 𝒴ear ❶ ℳuggleborn ❶ 𝒰nsorted

At last, they were finally inside. Alex embraced the walls around him as they protected him from the chill. The great doors in front of him stood bold and symbolic, inviting him into his future. He honestly didn't mind the waiting anymore. It was enough to just be inside the walls.
    Alexander smiled as Alex-the-girl joined him. He shook his head slightly, reminding himself that he had to stop calling her Alex-the-girl if he wanted to be friends. Her quip made him smile, though he never really got the hang of sarcasm, he was able to interpret it most of the time. Yeah, it is taking quite a while isn't it? Well, we'll be sorted soon. What house are you aiming for? He asked, making good use of his new knowledge. After all it was useless if it just sat unused in his head. His stomach began to grow upset with hunger and nerves, and his eyes began to droop slightly. Hopefully the beds here were nice, he thought to himself. Not that he would mind if they weren't. His loyal cot back at the orphanage had never failed him, even though it sagged in the middle and reeked of cat odor. Maybe that was why he hated cats so much. Anyway, he didn't give much thought to it. He was much more concerned with what lay beyond those gigantic doors and what house was he destined for and what classes were taught here and by golly what in the world was Quid Itch? It took him quite a while to realize he was staring just to the left of Alexandria's face, off into the distance. He instantly shifted his gaze and took his hand down from the back of his neck (it had wandered there, again) and placed it at his side. This day, much as Alex had begun to enjoy it, seemed to last for ages.

❶ OOC: ❶

kiska166

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:04 pm
    I d i s a p p r o v e of what you say....

fallenfallenthekinghasfallen / cryingcryingashelaydying / oncetwiceandthricetheysang / hispitifulohhispooryoungmajesty / weepweepweepohweep / weepyepeopleforyourking

User Image

Kasdeja de Assi

1st Year, _________

╚══════════════════════════╝

✖✖- - -Try as he might to deny it, he was resisting the urge to just cuddle and squeeze the stuffing out of Piera. She was just too cute! Listening to her questions, he shook his head. "Plenty of people have thought about it. Personally, I don't think so," he dimpled, tapping his cheek. "The way I see it, when people are sorted into the same house and are from the same family, it's usually because they're geared that way from living in the same environment and growing up the same. I could be wrong, but it's just my opinion."

Nodding, he agreed. "Sometimes it gets too far," he remarked, turning to face the doors. He wondered which 'side' he would be 'on' when he got sorted. It would be interesting to find out.

.... but I will d e f e n d to my D E A T H your right to say it.

seehiscrownwhereitsadlylays / hescreameduntiltheendofhisdays / hiseyeswideopenhisheadtohang / fatedtodeathbeforehewasgrown / weepweepweepohweep / yourking

mc2

StudiousDemoness

Piera Touko

Sukoshi Doku

fanntastique

Springtime Scrounger

8,375 Points
    • Conversationalist 100
    • Contributor 150
    • Peoplewatcher 100

Xistund

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:18 pm
    User Image

Unsorted, First year, Muggleborn

David cold not believe so many people where so suckered into this magic stuff. The students already where talking about what house they would be in, like it mattered. Was he the only one looking to get out of here and back to a normal non magic life?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:19 pm
      _________________________________________________________________________________________________________

————————υиѕσятє∂
      ————————♡ ♡you're rightнαℓf-вℓσσ∂
      User Image
      .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. Piera Tucker .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. ..

oooPiera nodded, her dual colored eyes bright with interest as she replied, "That would make a lot of sense!" It made her wonder if she was more likely to be in Hufflepuff after all. It was certainly her favorite since Kas explained about each of the houses. And her dad had been in Hufflepuff. Though she was sure that he would be okay with her being in a different house, she would like to be in the same one he had been in. And she was worried about the whole 'feud' thing between Gryffindor and Slytherin. Especially after that look in her red headed companion's eyes when he said that sometimes it goes too far.

Smile wilting, Piera pursed her lips before forcing a bigger smile and linking arms with Kas.
                            "Don't look so glum! I'll be friends with you no matter where we get put! Well..if you want, I mean." She amended ruefully, yet still hopeful. Kas seemed a bit cold to her, like he was years older, but he didn't seem like a bad guy. He wasn't being mean to her and he was helping her find more about Hogwarts. He seemed like he needed a friend too.

σut σf crαck?!ooFriends~

ωhεɾε Black Lake shore. ooooo ωσи∂єяιиg I wonder what house I'll get sorted into. ooooo ωเtђ Kas.

Greycast

Piera Touko

Dedicated Poster

6,700 Points
      • Forum Regular 100
      • Dressed Up 200
      • Friendly 100

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
      • Invisibility 100
      • Battle: Rogue 100
      • Treasure Hunter 100
      PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:31 pm
      Robin 'Theo' Gibbs

Eleven year old Football Prodigy

User Image

House: TBA{|}Football Club: TBA{|}Mood: Happy

Robin looked around, surveying the crowd, hoping to get a beat on who everyone was. He was going to listen in to the sorting, mainly because he wanted to know everyone's name. He needed to make some new friends. Unfortunately, back at home, he never really had time to make friends because of the fact that he was constantly playing football for his youth club. His parents really supported his decision to dedicate himself to football, and it seemed to be paying off. Liverpool...Arsenal...Man City...all looking at him which was his dream. But for now, he would have to survive here...in a new environment...with no prior knowledge as to what he was getting into.

This was going to be a fun year...a year of crazy times. Despite him being away from football...he was excited. He wanted to meet new people. He wanted to socialize more. Everything he wanted to do was here. He hated that he would have to be away from his parents for so long, but that was a part of growing up. He would have to separate himself from them. This started a new chapter of his life...a new, intriguing life that every one, including the 'muggles' dream of having.

I hated every minute of training, but I said, 'Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:36 pm
      I d i s a p p r o v e of what you say....

fallenfallenthekinghasfallen / cryingcryingashelaydying / oncetwiceandthricetheysang / hispitifulohhispooryoungmajesty / weepweepweepohweep / weepyepeopleforyourking

User Image

Kasdeja de Assi

1st Year, _________

╚══════════════════════════╝

✖✖- - -The redhead let out a surprised laugh at Piera's words, even more so when she linked their arms together. Raising a brow, he didn't expect her to be as open as that, but then again, this was him he was talking about, so most probably, the problem lay with him being too closed off. He enjoyed it, though. It was a different approach and her honesty was refreshing compared to the people he had grown up with. "Do I really look that glum? I was under the impression that I was quite happy," he said ruefully, smile still in place.

And of course, that would be an honour," he replied, genuinely meaning that statement. "I promise to do the same."

.... but I will d e f e n d to my D E A T H your right to say it.

seehiscrownwhereitsadlylays / hescreameduntiltheendofhisdays / hiseyeswideopenhisheadtohang / fatedtodeathbeforehewasgrown / weepweepweepohweep / yourking

mc2

StudiousDemoness

Piera Touko

Quote:

fanntastique

Springtime Scrounger

8,375 Points
      • Conversationalist 100
      • Contributor 150
      • Peoplewatcher 100

kiska166
      Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:51 pm
      User Image
      User Image

Alexandria smirked when asked what house she was aiming for. "Anything but Hufflepuff," she answered quickly. The girl was hoping one of her many qualities would be recognized by one of the other three houses since the house of badgers seemed as if you belonged there if nothing about your personality stood out. Also not Gryffindor, she thought since she wanted to be on a winning Quidditch team. From what she's heard, Gryffindor came in last place last year.

Oh, oh, oh, it's m a g i c you know. Never b e l i e v e it's not so.

((OOC: outfit in left picture))

It's m a g i c you know. Never b e l i e v e it's not so.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:54 pm
      User Image
      Echo is...spacespacespacespace
      CURRENTLY // Looking Bookish in the Antechamberspace
      CURRENTLY // single // crushing // singlespaces
      CURRENTLY WITH // Tanya, Elsie and Leonettespacesp
      CURRENTLY FEELING // Nervousspacespa
      CURRENTLY THINKING // spacespac

♣ ♥ ♦ ♠ You can really have no notion how delightful it will be
      When they take us up and throw us with the lobsters out to sea. ♣ ♥ ♦ ♠
      ════════════════════════════════════════════════

Echo had followed the rest of first years into the castle, her nerves growing until he could hardly take it. He could feel his hands shaking, and he was sweating... and hoped to Merlin that no one would notice. It was silly; he knew where he'd be sorted. He would be a Ravenclaw. His mother was a Ravenclaw, his father was a Ravenclaw... even his crazy sister was a Ravenclaw. If anyone in their family wouldn't have been sorted into the house of Eagles, it would have been her. But she had been, so there was no way to know he wouldn't be. He shifted his weight from one foot to the other, trying to calm down. Elsie was being oddly silent at the moment, and Leonette was talking to a ghost. He offered the ghost a small wave, but found he couldn't smile. He was too nervous for it!

════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                              ♣ ♥ ♦ ♠ But the snail replied, "Too far, too far," and gave a look askance,
                                                              Said he thanked the whiting kindly but he would not join the dance. ♣ ♥ ♦ ♠

(( OOC: ))

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
      • Demonic Associate 100
      • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
      • WilyTrickster 50

StudiousDemoness

Intellectual Shapeshifter

2,650 Points
      • Member 100
      • Battle: Mage 100
      • Wall Street 200
      PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:55 pm
      User Image

"Why should only royalty enjoy the colour. Plus I've read that purple and emerald were the colours that witches and wizards normally use to identify themselves in public," she said and then smiled, "Or something? No. No. That won't do...I'll hand you list so you get a good rest."

Growing more serious, she again pushed her worry aside and focused on Kas's issue. She wanted to know what Kas had taken as well. She longed to know in fact, but using such sources so soon. Well maybe David was right they were just typical research sources. She shook her head of the notion. They were the last resort, she didn't want to use a source that could just as easily turn their questions towards her. Safety, in caution.

"Those resources should be used only when we've exhausted all others. It could be nothing. He's only used it once as far as we know. It could be to keep his nerves or to for motion sickness, she replied just as quietly. "Plus, I want to solve this with you helping. It's our mystery. I don't want others claiming it or making you owe them one."

[{o.o.C }]

mc2
      Greycast

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:04 pm
      User Image

User ImageUser ImageLocation: Antechamber

Leonette looked around the room as she waited she spotted David and Catharine. Despite seeing them she stayed where she was. She thought she saw a redheaded boy looking over at her but she didn't know for sure. Looking back to the group she was in Leonette noticed that Echo seemed pretty nervous. Something inside her wanted to try and help him feel less nervous.

"Hey Echo where do you want to be sorted Echo?" Leonette asked him. She sensed he was nervous hell she was nervous too but she was trying to keep it together. How bad could it be? Then again if she wasn't in Gryffindor she'd be rather hurt inside she wanted to be a lion so bad it killed her. However she was more concerned perhaps at how her 'friends' were feeling.

With: First years... Elsie, Tanya, Echo

Wearing: Plan Black Robes

OOC: ---

User Image
      Gwen the Finch

The Forgotten Weasley
      Yukina101
      Cara MiaKitty

murruelecreuset
      Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
      • Bunny Spotter 50
      • Waffles! 25
      • Team Jacob 100

Leon_Redir

Conversationalist

6,900 Points
      • First step to fame 200
      • Treasure Hunter 100
      • Forum Regular 100
      PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:44 am
      User Image

Leon Stone | PurE-BlooD| Unsorted
      ▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

User Image"Love is bullsh*t. Emotion is bulls*it. I am a rock..."

--» The Antechamber or whatever this hall was called was certainly a lot warmer than the frigid cold of outside. Though he didn't see any heat source other than many scattered wall candles and chandeliers. And there were a lot. The decor was antiquity personified, yet still managed to feel warm and welcoming, not that he knew much about such things. Leon was simply glad to not be cold anymore. There must have been at least three dozen other students around him, but he still tried to stay apart. As boring as it was to just stand around and wait, he didn't particularly feel like mingling at the moment. While the others chattered amongst themselves about what house they might or might not get into, he was particularly didn't care.

He wasn't rightly sure what one house had over the others that would be called an 'advantage'. He did, however, care about the company he was going to be forced to keep. He wanted to learn the 'wizarding ways', even if he didn't really know what that fully entailed but one thing was for sure, he would dominate this school, one way or another.

With: People
      Wearing: School Robes
      OOC: Ta da for the first post!
      "...I'm a jerk. I'm an uncaring @sshole and proud of it.”."

Great Hall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 25 26 27 28 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
      Other Stuff
      Get GCash
      Offers
      Get Items
      More Items
      Where Everyone Hangs Out
      Other Community Areas
      Virtual Spaces
      Fun Stuff
      Gaia's Games
      Mini-Games