Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]
Jade Legacy [L5R 3eR] - Act 2 Chapter 1: Daiippo/First Step Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 56 57 58 59 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:00 am

@ Outside Husk and Shell Inn:

"Y-yes s-sir!" the man stuttered, bowing repeatedly and deeply to Seichiro.

... as the sack of grain slipped from his shoulder as he bent forward, impacting on the ground, scattering all across the dirt and around Seichiro's feet. Too late, he grabbed for it, spilling the contents of his bucket as well, the fish likewise bouncing across the ground, becoming coated with dirt and sand and grain.

The heimin turned such a vivid shade of red that one might expect him to literally explode from embarrassment. He threw himself to his knees at Seichiro's feet, bowing til his forehead touched the ground.

"PLEASEFORGIVEMELORDSAMURAIYOUDESERVENOSUCHDISGRACEMYLIFEISFORFEITI'MSOSORRY!!!"
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:26 am

@ Unusual Shop

"Indeed? Then Fortunes favor us both. They will be useful for giving a martial display, in the family's honor. So how much are you asking for them then?"

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:29 am

Seichiro sighed at how silly this looked. He gently put his hands on the heimin's shoulders, then straightened him up. "Why are you so scared, sir? Have there been samurai harassing you people? There is no reason heimin should be this scared..."
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:30 pm

@ Unusual Shop:

"For you, honored buyer, 3 zeni should suffice." He looked around, before adding, "I see you've come alone, noble samurai. Shall I try to fetch someone to handle the details of the transaction on your behalf?"

--------------------

@ Outside Husk and Shell Inn:

The portly older gentleman would continue to quiver like jelly. "I-It's n-not th-that! I-I a-am j-just... u-unw-worthy t-to b-be g-graced i-in y-your p-presence!"

Seichiro, give me a TN 10 Courtier roll. Whichever mental trait you want to use (Willpower, Perception, Intelligence, or Awareness) can apply.

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Keith Valken Lionheart rolled 4 10-sided dice: 10, 4, 2, 4 Total: 20 (4-40)

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:27 pm

Perception/Courtier untrained roll, Void Point used to make it trained vs TN10: 23
Keith Valken Lionheart rolled 1 10-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-10)
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:32 pm

Explodan die:

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:19 am

It's quite obvious to Seichiro now that he must seem pretty intimidating, between his Large size and build. The eyepatch generally doesn't reduce the scary factor either.

This man probably hasn't dealt with many samurai, and it was quite an extreme jump to go from '0 samurai' to 'zomg giant Matsu.'
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:57 pm

@The Husk and Shell

Having received no reply, Kojiro could only figure that Lady Shosuro was taking a nap and that he'd probably continue his investigation onto his ancestor's advice. As he left through the lobby, Kojiro noted that Kyumi's servant, Omi, was there. "Good evening. It's Omi, is it? What does your mistress have you up to at this hour? Also, are you able to tell me where she went off to? I may need her help."

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:57 pm

@ Husk and Shell Inn:

Upon Kojiro descending the stairs, he would see Kyumi's servant waiting patiently in the main lobby of the Inn, two letters in her hand.

Plainsfox
Having received no reply, Kojiro could only figure that Lady Shosuro was taking a nap and that he'd probably continue his investigation onto his ancestor's advice. As he left through the lobby, Kojiro noted that Kyumi's servant, Omi, was there. "Good evening. It's Omi, is it? What does your mistress have you up to at this hour? Also, are you able to tell me where she went off to? I may need her help."

I will let Kyumi answer on behalf of her servant.
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:49 pm

The Hare tried not to blanch when the word popped out, and nodded his head.

"I am in need of a gift for Lady Kaiu, do you happen to have any of this spice in stock?"

It should make a very passable gift, after all.

He just really hoped she didn't decide to cook them something with it in thanks after he'd given it to her.

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:59 pm

@ Hare Shenanigans:

The older man nodded without speaking, only bowing his head before turning and going through a rack of various ceramic jars and bottles. "Aha!" The old man would turn around, grinning a toothlessly grin at Denbe. "Here's our last bottle for the day! You're just in luck, samurai! This is good stuff, best you'll find in the region. Here..." The old man would turn around, feeling about in the undercarriage of his stall before pulling out a small tray of dumplings on a skewer.

"Would you honor me by having some dango, honored samurai? They've been lightly sprinkled with cumin to give it a strong kick. Not only will you see for yourself the quality of this spice, but you would greatly honor me with your patronage by accepting this sample."

Bowing deeply and holding the platter forth, with three rows of dango, he would await Denbe's grace.
Agent Sinistra rolled 7 10-sided dice: 2, 2, 1, 3, 1, 2, 9 Total: 20 (7-70)
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:38 pm

@Still bugging Toritaka

Kyumi would begin to hesitate before speaking. Perhaps asking the magistrate wasn't the best idea... She wasn't entirely certain, but she was getting the feeling that he might not be as willing to help her as she thought he might. Still, if she didn't say anything at all, he'd probably become upset with her for wasting his time...

"I-If you don't mind, could you tell me about the Lady Kaiu? Like... what she might like for say... A gift?" Kyumi would begin to bite down lightly on her lower lip; her cheeks beginning to flush a little with embarrassment.

"I know it might be a bit much to ask of a man like yourself, but... Well... We've already made a mess of things once already, and I'd rather not help make it worse by getting the lady a gift that ends up offending her..."

@Husk and Shell

The attendant would look a bit surprised that she was being addressed, by name no less, by Kojiro. She'd quickly hide it with a polite bow. "Good evening, my lord. Yes, that is my name."

Omi would pause for a moment before showing that she had brought back letters.

"My lady had me deliver messages for her to the Kaiu Estate. If she is not here, then I do not know where she is. However, she will likely be back soon enough, as she told me to wait here for her."

((Rolling etiquette for Kyumi; 5k3 = 7; ... DICE KAMI, WHY DO YOU HATE ME?! ))

Agent Sinistra

Dangerous Genius

7,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:02 pm

@The Husk and Shell

Kojiro would nod to the servant girl. "Carry on. I do not need your mistress so urgently. However, could you tell the other Wardens that I have went to talk a walk along the river, should I be needed?"

With that, Kojiro would head off to the river bank he's heard so much about!
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:09 pm

@ Bugging desu desu desu desu desu desu desu:

Tokugawa would raise an eyebrow at Kyumi's request. It was quite the eyebrow raise, not just simply an eyebrow shrug. The thing nearly left his forehead! He seemed to study her, as if unsure as to the actual sincerity of her request.

"You're really stuck on the presents thing, aren't you?" he said rather blatantly, as if making a joke, though he didn't seem amused. He would then shake his head. "I mostly keep my eyes out for the heimin and hinin. There are so few samurai actually living here, and they don't really cause many issues. If you can keep Kagae-san out of town, then there will be even less."

Tokugawa would let out a brief snort of amusement (finally), before continuing. "The Crab are much different than any of the other Great Clans. The Toritaka were their own Minor Clan family until earlier this century, so we're still being fostered into Great Clan politics. But the Crab really don't care for most political agendas and unnecessary shows of etiquette. Er, no offense to the Lion, of course. With the constant threat of the Shadowlands, the Crab have little time nor appreciation for silly acts of charity and kindness. Unless it's a special event, such as a birth or wedding, I believe the custom is to only gift major lords, and even then it's waived in the face of conflict - which happens quite often this far south."

Doing an Edgeworth open-armed shrug and head shake, he would summarize: "The Crab have always been a clan of action, not words. It is deeds, service, and sacrifice that interest them the most. Everything else is a waste of time. Downtime for us is simply time to prepare for the next battle."

He did give Kyumi a soft smile and a 26 courtier to try to put her at ease with his response. "I'm not sure if my answer is of any help to you. I've actually not spoken to Lady Kaiu for several years, and if I claimed I knew her well enough to know her personal likes, I'd be lying. For that, I apologize."

--------------------

@ Scorpion Shenanigans:

Kojiro goes to the river and stumbles across a family of kappa, who promptly drown him, THE END. Is there anything he wishes to accomplish there?

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Plainsfox rolled 4 10-sided dice: 8, 8, 2, 10 Total: 28 (4-40)

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:20 pm

@The River

Kojiro indeed had things to do at the river. He was here to try to find the stone that his ancestor had mentioned. He would walk casually along the banks, keeping a look out for anything unique or unusual. If this doesn't work out, I'm going to have some words with kaachan about this ancestor...

OOC:
Perception/Investigation (4k2)
No explosions due to penalties.
Raises called: 1
Results:18
[L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 56 57 58 59 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games