Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Second Year Classes
History of Magic II (1/4) *New Class 2/10* Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 24 25 26 27 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BeaterBeast525

Timid Werewolf

5,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 2:31 pm
User Image
User ImageUser ImageXUser Image

❝The story of your life is so twisted 'cause someone out there is missing everything you do
The story of your life is unwritten, so put me down as your ticket; don't even fight it
Leave behind your troubled eyes; See brand new what I can do; Just say yes if you really want me to❞
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Annabeth sat down at the back of the class in hopes of hiding. After writing her article all night, there were some serious bags under her eyes. Ugh... She didn't want to be here, but she had to be. Tobi and Bradley would worry if she wasn't here... Wait. Where were those two? They weren't here, which means.... She could have slept in and skipped today! Anna grumbled under her breath as she faceplanted into the desk, encircling her arms around her head to block out any sort of light. 'Naptime...'

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
❝We can stay like this or go, go, go; We can take it too fast or take it slow
We can spend our lives oceanside, or count the stars in the desert on a magic night
You can lie awake in bed, or come and sleep with me instead
If you give me one chance to take your hand
I'll fill the empty pages as you write the story of your life❞

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:50 am
User Image
User Image

Now where did I put that wand?

Grayson strode into the classroom, ready to teach. So far, this class had seemed uneventful, however, he had some things in mind for today's class. He wondered about the students' resonses as he wrote the topic for the day on the chalkboard.

Professor Powell
The Deathly Hallows

"Today we're going to talk about the Deathly Hallows. For those from Wizarding failies, you may have heard of them before, usually as a bedtime story. However, it would do to inform your classmates of the topic, since they may not know.

"The Deathly Hallows are three highly powerful magical objects supposedly created by Death and given to each of three brothers in the Peverell family. They consisted of the Elder Wand, an immensely powerful wand that was considered undefeatable; the Resurrection Stone, a stone which could summon the spirits of the dead, and the Cloak of Invisibility, which, as its name suggests, renders the user completely invisible. According to the story, both Antioch Peverell (owner of the Wand) and Cadmus Peverell (owner of the Stone) came to bad ends. However, Ignotus Peverell's wisdom in requesting the Cloak was rewarded.

"According to legend, he who possesses these three artefacts would become the Master of Death. The story of the Deathly Hallows was originally told by Beedle the Bard and subsequently passed from family to family as a wizard fairytale. Few wizards ever realized that the Deathly Hallows were genuine items. Most people thought that there were things that Beedle had made up to entertain young wizards and witches.

"No one but Harry Potter has been known to have been in command of all three at the same time, though he was never in possession of them all at once. Albus Dumbledore had possessed all three, but not all at once, similar to Harry, but he was never the true owner of the Cloak. The Cloak was handed down to Harry Potter from his father through Albus Dumbledore, and the Stone was left to him in Dumbledore's will, hidden inside a Golden Snitch. Harry Potter gained the allegiance, but not physical possession, of the Elder Wand upon overpowering Draco Malfoy at Malfoy Manor. Although Draco had mastery of the Elder wand for a time, having gained its allegiance upon disarming Dumbledore before his death, he never knew of it. Potter never made use of more than two Hallows at once because he never had more than two at once.

"Now, here's the question for each of you. I know it's tempting for anyone, but out of the three, which one Hallow would you posess, and why?"

----------------------------------
State: Teaching
OOC: ...
----------------------------------

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Object of Affection 150
PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:48 am
User Image

✿ Autumn Henrick ✿

Hufflepuff || Second Year

Autumn listened, unusually attentive, about the three very highly sought-after objects. She thought for awhile, trying to come up with a clever answer to the question that proved harder than it had seemed. And at the end, she came up with something, at least. "If that were to happen, I would guess the cloak to effectively hide myself from potential dangers, I guess."

It's okay to be scared. Just don't let those fears hold back your dreams.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:55 am
User Image
Night Yamamoto

The conundrum posed would ask the students to decide between seeing the dead, claiming power, or hiding from the eyes of creatures. it would be a tough decision for some people, while easy for some others. Night thought for awhile, carefully picking weighing each item against each other. "I would pick none of the three. The feud for the three Dealthy Hallows is harsh, and even with the cloak you are living in constant fear. I prefer to remain normal and peacefully living my life out."

Well all need someone to rely on. That's why I'm here.

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Object of Affection 150

x-Phoenix Phyre-x

Obsessive Bibliophile

9,800 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:37 pm
User Image
~Yvette Tarot~

Gryffindor/Second Year/Single/Pureblood/Wearing

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

With: The class

User Image

Yvette tilted her head quietly as she listened to the story. Well, an overview of the story. The full story had been told to her many times as a young child, and was one of her favourite fairy tales, which her her parents used to try and teach her the value of prudence and wisdom. "I have to agree with Night," she said softly. "It seems foolish to wish for any of those items - possession of such power always comes at a cost. One can never gain something for nothing, despite some men believing that they are above this basic, natural law."

User Image

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:24 pm
User Image

User Image

Luke walked into the classroom and took a seat. He listened to the lecture and thought. Which would he want? If he wanted to be completely honest with himself, and really completely honest, he had to think he would take the Resurrection Stone. At least he wouldn't feel... He stopped himself, frowning. Just what the heck was the matter with him, anyway? He'd never felt unwanted by his adoptive family. Until he heard his mum was... He sneered angrily to himself. Great, all this class was doing was making him think. He decided to break that off, and knew how to do that. "Oh please. It is in human nature to want to avoid death, especially when it concerns your loved ones or yourself. You're just stating that you happen to be above that. I highly doubt that is the case, seeing as you haven't let death claim you yet. I would suggest that if you were going to, it's better now rather than later." He honestly didn't care if he was sounding nasty or not right now. He felt... well, he didn't know how to explain how he felt, only that he didn't want to. Besides, if it got someone's goat, then good.

User Image
State: Annoyed

If you've a story, make sure it's a whole one, with details close to hand. It's the difference between a good lie and getting caught.

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

x-Phoenix Phyre-x

Obsessive Bibliophile

9,800 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:36 pm
User Image
~Yvette Tarot~

User Image

Yvette's brow twitched slightly when she heard the boy mocking her answer. "Of course humans want to avoid death. It's part of their survival instinct. But only the wise can look past their own desires and realise the consequences of fulfilling them. Whether or not they then decide it's worth it would be up to them."

User Image

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:51 pm
User Image 
But I know that, I was put here, to fight Vikings, in the cold war, 
with my arms out, in the front lines, singing, “Dare me. Dare me.”

User Image

But these things take time love. These things take backbone. 
But you better know how to point out the liars.

OOC: Outfit in side bar

Steffi was only half paying attention to the class, lounging in the seat next to Luke. She was only half paying attention that is until Yvette's annoyingly goody answer and Luke's snarky comment that basically told the girl to go kill herself. She associated herself with....lovely people. A smirk crawled onto her face and she dropped her feet off of her desk and leaned forward to smirk at Yvette. "Oh what? The prissy little goody-two-shoes thinks she's somehow better than the rest of us?" She asked, annoyance clear in her voice. "If you knew at all what it was like to be on the brink of death, you wouldn't have such an uppity 'I'm better than everyone else' attitude now would you?" She rolled her eyes and leaned back in her chair, kicking her feet back up onto her desk. "Listen here and listen closely Princess when you decide to get your head out of your butt and look at the real world, come and talk to me." She paused and glanced at Luke for a second before interlocking her fingers behind her head and returning her red eyes to the whiny annoying girl. "Any person, whether its an annoying sheltered girl like yourself, or someone like me, wouldn't care about the consequences if they got to save themselves and their loved ones." She paused and rolled her eyes again. The blonde girl was really just not worth her time or trouble. No uppity snobbish child like her would ever see the real world, not the world Steffi had to live and survive in. "Have fun in your sheltered life Princess."

I hope they hurt you. I hope they scar you. I hope they heal you. 
You’ve got to weigh your
wars make sure you’re not fighting for nothing

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

x-Phoenix Phyre-x

Obsessive Bibliophile

9,800 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:00 pm
User Image
~Yvette Tarot~

User Image

Yvette's eyes flared as the girl spoke, her hand moving threateningly to her wand. How dare she assume such things about her! "I never once called myself better than anyone else! And for your information, Princess, I and my family have all been close to death once! Just because I have the clarity of mind to see what really matters doesn't mean that I am a snob by any means, so don't you ever speak that way against me again!" Her words seethed on her tongue, her usually calm and quiet eyes alight with conviction. When she finally settled, her wand remained unmoved in her robes and she sat back down in silence, a heavy aura around her head. She never let people get to her that way... Perhaps there was a lion in her, after all.

User Image

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:11 pm
David Clarisse
Gryffindor
Second Year

User ImageUser ImageLocation: History of Magic: Friday - (10:00am to 10:45am)

David happened to take a seat next to Yvette. He never wanted to fight with Luke and Steffi, in fact if he had it his way he'd try and befriend them somehow. Sadly they just weren't the easiest people to convince in friendship. Listen to them say how stupid it was for Night and Yvette to believe that if given the choice they wouldn't pick any one of the three deathly hollows David waited for Steffi to finish.

Looking at Yvette, David felt bad that she was receiving the brunt on Steffi's behavior and was surprised at her actions. "Yvette..." he murmured her name softly concerned for his friend. Turning his attention back to the two he calmly decided to ask them the same question their professor asked. "Hey Steffi, Luke mind if I ask you two which one you would pick out of the three if given the choice?" he asked. Man did he hope they would bite his head off like they always seemed to do.

With: Second years... Yvette, Luke, Steffi

Quidditch Position: Reserve Seeker
List of Knowledge: Progress

OOC: ---
User Image
Ashton the Barn Owl

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:01 pm
User Image

User Image

Luke listened to Yvette's comments to him and was about to speak when Steffi beat him to it. He snickered, thinking this could be interesting. He did however roll his eyes and direct his attention toward David. Great. Why the heck did it always seem that David tried to diffuse the situation? Then again, the boy seemed to try to be friends with him. He considered what David asked, his mouth turning into a frown. Should he really tell the truth here? He honestly didn't know, besides, the truth did sound selfish, but he really didn't care. "Honestly, I'd choose the stone. Who wouldn't want to see deceased loved ones again, even if it was only for a short time? Yeah, it's morbid and selfish, but if the people you wanted to see cared about you at some point, even briefly, it would be worth it if you felt alone and unwanted, to at least remind you that at one time you were." He threw his hands back behind his head, his expression casual but his own mind swimming with confusion. Honestly, he couldn't be jealous of a baby, could he? After all, he was there first, right? However a niggling thought kept pushing its way forward, that he was only adopted because his mum couldn't have any more, and that was obviously not true now. He didn't want to think where that left him if that were the case.

User Image
State: Annoyed

If you've a story, make sure it's a whole one, with details close to hand. It's the difference between a good lie and getting caught.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:23 pm
【❃ ιris Ӈaruno: Șecond ϒear ɢryffindor ❃】
тhey say before you start
ϒou better know what you're fighting for

ϒeah, they still say I'm a dreamer..

User Image
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

Iris listened to the new lesson of the day as she sat by Yvette. It seemed as the topic has led to a rather heated discussion between Yvette,Stefi and Luke. Iris sighed as she listened to the other two insult Yvette since the girl didn't want any of the Hallows and the two thought that she was being snobbish about it.

"I..." Iris started to say. "I'm not one for power like elder wand and I've made peace with those that have made peace about those that have departed in my life and while the invisible cloak sounds really cool... I think I'll have to go with Yvette and Night on this one. Aside from improving my own strength and experiences, I'm content with how my life is and I don't think the Hallows will improve it."

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

Mood:
Company:Iris,Serafina, David, Yvette, Xavier

ω
ell baby, you are all that I adore,
ɪ f love is what you need
Ʌ soldier I will be

Xx_Yume_Shinkirou_xX

Beloved Seeker

14,725 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:20 pm
David Clarisse
Gryffindor
Second Year

User ImageUser ImageLocation: History of Magic: Friday - (10:00am to 10:45am)

David was glad that things did go the wrong way. Luke had a good point thought when it came to the resurrection stone. "That's a good point." This made him think which one he would want. "I think I would go with maybe the elder wand. I mean I'm not one for power or anything but if can help me protect those a care about than I'm be more then willing to use it." he answered honestly. Even if his wand worked well for him currently David didn't know if he would be able to protect his family. He was probably one of the few that had the true values of a stereotypical Gryffindor.

With: Second years... Yvette, Luke, Steffi

Quidditch Position: Reserve Seeker
List of Knowledge: Progress

OOC: ---
User Image
Ashton the Barn Owl

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:54 pm
A notice has been pinned to the front of the door.

"Until further notice, History of Magic shall be closed to classes. We apologize for any inconvenience."

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:30 pm
User Image

User Image

Agnar walked up to the door. It was his first day teaching. Apparently the school needed an emergency teacher. Something about the current professor being indisposed. He of course noticed the notice and took out his wand. A quick tap incinerated the note, and he watched dispassionately as it fell to the floor. He smirked. Well, this was a good start.

Opening up the classroom, he entered and took stock of what he had. Plenty of books, tomes, and assorted historical paraphernalia littered the room. He was advised not to touch the layout, so the new professor set about working on the board. When he finished, he straightened up the room before standing in front of the classroom. The room seemed darker, more sinister, and he preferred it that way. He waited for students to enter as he flipped idly through the class syllabus and cocked an eyebrow. Well, he had to teach as the school stated, but that didn't mean he was going to be easy on the students.

Professor Bjelke
Professor Agnar Bjelke

Lesson I: Ollivander Family

"Hello class, and welcome to class. I am Professor Agnar Bjelke, and you shall refer to me as professor or sir. I do not tolerate laziness, rudeness, or ignorance. If you do not know an answer, stay quiet and let those more intelligent than yourself speak. Now, before we begin lessons, I will state this much. Interrupt me, and you shall end up in detention. Do I make myself clear?" He glared around the room, daring anyone to speak up before he launched into his lecture.

"Today we're going to be going over the history of the Ollivander family. The Ollivander family arrived in England around the time the Romans did about 382 BC, when the first Ollivander arrived. Upon seeing the quality of wands the ancient Britons used, he decided to set up shop and provide a better quality to the people here.

His descendants practiced the art of wandmaking, each successive generation building upon the knowledge of the previous. Each brought a distinctive viewpoint viewpoint to the craft, and even specialized to suit their needs, as well as the needs of the wizarding community. The last Ollivander to own the wandshop, Garrick, even went as far as to ensure that only the finest products would go into each wand, and also had a knack for remembering every wand ever sold in his shop."

He glared around, daring the students to say anything. He hated children, and this lot he doubted would be any better than vermin to him. "Now, you shall all have homework. You will write an essay on your wand, what it is made of, and your own musings on why it chose you. Failure to turn it in will result in detention."

-----------------♛-----------------
State: Hard
OOC: For the homework, you can claim you wrote it up, or you can type up a short response. Those willing to do the response will receive 5 points to their house.
-----------------♛-----------------

Second Year Classes

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 24 25 26 27 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games