Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Legend of the Five Rings - Time for War Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

WhimsicalXellos
Crew

Compassionate Husband

9,300 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:46 pm
Here I come to wreck the continuity! I'm jumping in now. (Sorry about the deleted post... I wasn't rolling anything; it just posted my character sheet twice for some reason. Bad reflex, shoulda just edited it into my first NPC.)

Player: WhimsicalXellos
Name: Asako Ginjou
Clan: Phoenix
School: Asako Henshin (Monk) 2
Insight: 156
Experience: 0/80
Glory: 2.0
Honor: 2.5
Taint: 0
Heritage: NA

EARTH: 2
  • Stamina: 2
  • Willpower: 2

WATER: 3
  • Strength: 3
  • Perception: 3

FIRE: 3
  • Agility: 3
  • Intelligence: 3

AIR: 2
  • Reflexes: 2
  • Awareness: 4

VOID: 3
  • Void: 3
  • Current Void Points: 3

SKILLS
Calligraphy (Intelligence) - 1
Jiujutsu (Agility) - 3
Lore: Elements (Intelligence) - [Fire, Water] - 4
Medicine (Intelligence) - 1
Meditation (Void) - [Zanji] - 2
Theology (Intelligence) - 1
Spellcraft (Intelligence) - 1
Courtier (Awareness) - [Manipulation] - 2
Etiquette (Awareness) - [Conversation] - 3
Weapon: Staves (Agility) - [Bo] - 4
Defense (Agility) - [Armored] - 3

MASTERY ABILITIES
-Etiquette Mastery Rank 3 – +5 to my Contested Social Skill Rolls.
-Defense Mastery Rank 3 – At the beginning of the first round of a skirmish and after all -Initiative changes have occurred, I may declare the Full Defense Posture. This is my Posture Declaration for my turn.
-Armored Defense Emphasis – I may ignore the +5 TN penalty from wearing Heavy or Riding Armor for the purposes of Agility/Defense rolls.
-Jiujutsu Mastery Rank 3 – roll an extra die for damage in unarmed combat.

ADVANTAGES
-Benten's Blessing – keep an extra die when attempting to persuade, two if they're attracted to me (-3)
-Luck x2 – reroll up to twice per session (-6)
-Clear Thinker – lies against me have +10 to TN, feints require 2 raises (-5)

DISADVANTAGES
-Contrary – Willpower roll TN 5-20, failure means I have to pick a side or take action in some way (+3)
-Doubt: Calligraphy – make a raise to make the roll at all (+3)
-Overconfident – Perception TN 30 to flee (+2)

TECHNIQUES, SPELLS, KATA, KIHO, SHADOWLANDS POWERS
-(Free Raise) Riddle of Water – Simple Action: Intelligence/Lore: Elements (Water) vs TN15 – add Water Ring to hand-to-hand damage rolls for 3 rounds, Raise for extra rounds; OR – Not an action: add Water Ring in dice rolled (not kept) on a Perception check, Raise for additional die.
-(Free Raise) Mystery of Water – Complex Action: Intelligence/Lore: Elements (Water) vs TN15 – Raise or lower own Water Ring by School Rank, +5 TN for each past first, 2 Raises for additional rank; OR raise or lower Water Ring of another I can see by half of School Rank, +10 TN for each past first, 2 Raises for additional rank.
-Riddle of Fire – Simple Action: Intelligence/Lore: Elements (Fire) vs TN15 – add Fire Ring in dice rolled (not kept) to hand-to-hand attack rolls in the next combat round, Raise for additional die; OR – Not an action: add Fire Ring times School Rank (10) to the total of an Intelligence Skill, Raise to increase effective School Rank by 1 (can't use for a Riddle check).
-Mystery of Fire – Complex Action: Intelligence/Lore: Elements (Fire) vs TN15 – See text for Mystery of Water, but substitute all instances of the word "Water" for "Fire."

Notes on Mysteries: Each Mystery may be used a number of times per day equal to my Rank in the appropriate elemental Ring, spend a Void Point to use a Mystery an additional time per day past this maximum.
-When a Ring is raised or lowered, both associated Traits are raised or lowered by an equal amount. This may never lower another character's Trait below 1. Altered Rings return to their normal values after a number of rounds equal to my School Rank +1.

EQUIPMENT/CURRENCY
Wakizashi
Bo Staff
Tanto
Ashigaru Armor
Kimono and Sandals
Traveling Pack: Blanket, 6 Candles, Coin Purse, Sake Cup, Tatami Mat, Week of Rations, Wide-Brimmed Straw Hat, Chopsticks, Flint and Tinder, Cooking Pot.
2 koku

COMBAT
Weapons
Unarmed - Agility/Jiujutsu - 4k1 - {Special Abilities}
Bo Staff - Agility/Staves - 3k2 - Average - +5 TNtbH when wielding a Bo; TN bonus for Armor is doubled or +5 (whichever is less) vs staff attacks

Armor
TN To Be Hit = 10 + 3 armor + 6 defense = 19
Other Modifiers = When in Full Defense Posture, roll Agility/Defense +3 instead of using Reflexes x5.

Initiative
4k2

Wounds
HEALTHY (+0): 0/4
NICKED (+3): 0/4
GRAZED (+5): 0/4
HURT (+10): 0/4
INJURED (+15): 0/4
CRIPPLED (+20): 0/4
DOWN (+40): 0/4
OUT (+N/A): 0/10

DESCRIPTION
Gin is short, only about 5'7", but he's well built and in his mid twenties. His body almost mismatches his head. He has long black wavy hair that's tinged with red. It frames his soft, attractive, and oddly feminine features. His voice, however, more matches his body, being rich, deep, and soothing. Of course, appearances are almost always deceiving. He typically wears one of the cockiest smiles you will ever see on a person. He is arrogant, mischievous, and, above all, self confident, but he has an uncanny ability to make people trust him and to talk people into things.

BACKGROUND  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:54 pm
Question 3:
Describe a ronin who's very honorable.
Yotsu Taro. Juri has met this honorable and kind ronin only once, and he left a profound impression on her. She has never met a single samurai or ronin that followed the code of ethics their family has given them with such a passion as Taro has with the Yotsu code. He isn’t just some mercenary for hire, he’s a hero that would be willing to charge an entire army just to protect a defenseless family from harm. He would rescue a fair maiden just as soon as he would rescue an old crone from the same situation. He follows his duty and makes Great Clan Samurai look like Honorless fools. She envies him slightly, and wishes she could have a duty as honorbound as his, but she knows she must perform the honorless to further her duty. She idolizes him a little, making him sound like a diety, rather than a mortal man.  

DeathAdams

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:08 pm
#2 Describe a Shugenja who you've stolen from.

During a mission tracking a shadowland creature whom had infiltrated the walls and avoided capture through crab lands. Tsuneo had found himself in Shinden Asahina with some information that he was looking for a bog hag if his information was true. A few days after he had arrived Tsuneo believes that he has discovered the hideout of the bog hag and begins a stakeout a couple of hours after he began a woman approaches him and catches him by surprise. Usually sending Tsuneo flying is an impressive feat but this time for some reason Tsuneo was completely unprepared as he went crashing through some persons wall. When Tsuneo landed in this room he quickly glanced around and saw something which caught his eye as the epitome of usefulness, a jade statuette, ignoring the surprised Asahina he rushed over and grabbed it. Now the bog hag had climbed through the hole after Tsuneo and was immediately met with a face full of jade being pummelled violently and repeatedly into its face until nothing was left of the statue but dust.

The Asahina was at first angry at what Tsuneo had done to his statuette but then forgave Tsuneo when he realised the statuette had been used to kill a shadowland creature. He invited Tsuneo to stay a while and drink with him. In Tsuneo's opinion Asahina Heizo is the only decent crane he knows. Asahina treats Tsuneo like an old friend and gets him to tell tales of his shadowland exploits every time he is in Shinden Asahina.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:08 pm
Describe a relative of yours that you have not seen in a long time.

Soshi Yukino has two older brothers that are well versed in the Soshi Shugenja school. The youngest, Natsuo, is a shining light among the Soshi, while the other, Harumoro, has been married off to the Lion before he could inflict any more harm upon the clan.

She had the force of personality and fluid motions a Soshi shugenja would need to be successful, but Yukino's ability to speak with the kami were minimal. With this in mind, Yukino was sent to study amongst the Shosuro actors in the hopes that they could put her gifts to use.

Yukino was a natural for the school. Her stage presence was overwhelming, and her ability to fill almost any roll was amazing. When Yukino completed her Gempukku, she was immediately taken in by one of the best troupes of Scorpion Actors in the empire, the Red Fan.

Whenever the Red Fans went through Lion territory, Harumoro did all he could to see his sister, but he has been unable to thus far, with a multitude of excuses given. Yukino was ill, performing at the special request of the Daimyo, or back home with family. Things of that nature.

Finally, when the Red Fans visited Lion territory last, Harumoro was told that Yukino had met with accident while the troupe was touring through the Spine of the World mountains that encompassed the Scorpion provinces.

Distraught, Harumoro returned home to find an origami snowflake on his bed. Taking this to mean that his sister was selected for a special mission, Harumoro could only wish Yukino the best of luck.  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:36 pm
Describe a Ronin you have crossed paths with many times.

They call him Hotetsu. He's a shugenja with a simple purpose. Hotetsu wishes to prove himself the best shugenja in Rokugan. Towards this end, Hotetsu travels around the land and enters into as many contests and Tairyu-jutsu duels as he can.

One of his most common competitors is a lion shugenja named Matsu Harumoro, who seems to be seeking a Phoenix shugenja for some reason. Hotetsu doesn't really care. Just as long as he can hone his skills against the Lion. Other than that, Hotetsu's needs are met by careful use of the holy abilities associated with shugenja.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:18 am
#3 Describe a samurai who won't talk of his/her past.

In the hare village of Meidochi there is a sake hut which resides on the river. One time Tsuneo had decided to take a small holiday and his wandering ended up with him spending a few days there, staying in the sake hut he probably blew most of his money there. Though during this time he noticed an old, probably retired, Hida who spent all day sitting outside the sake hut and watched the river and sun with a far away glaze on his eyes. So Tsuneo grabbed his sake bottle, acquired another sake cup and sat down with the old Hida. Tsuneo tried to speak to the Hida and see if he had any old war stories the Hida had to tell though he didn't reply Tsuneo would just sit the and watch the world go by with the Hida.

Every time Tsuneo goes through Meidochi he'll stop by that sake hut and share a drink with the Old Hida.  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:00 pm
Question 2: Describe a peasant who's more than he seems.

Mukuro had said he wasn't from around here. He carried simple farm tools and some basic supplies. Said he was on an errand for his patron (probably a Scorpion, but Hana didn't want to assume... out loud), but couldn't discuss the details. They talked anyway. She liked him. Most peasants wouldn't talk at all, or at least no more than grovellingly necessary. He was crafty, in a way, but seemed little more than a philosopher below his station. Still, in the end he couldn't match her wit and they parted ways as unlikely friends.

Later she learned that a prominent diplomat had been found dead, likely assassinated. Some simple farming tools and basic supplies were all they had as evidence, and no culprit was ever found. Intrigued, the Bounty Hunter vowed to put her ear to the ground. If she ever found him again...

Question 3: Describe a samurai who's "too" lucky.

Yoritomo Tako has been a close companion since childhood. They've shared much over the years, and even joined the same crew upon reaching their gempukku. However, (aside from an air of professional respect) the one think keeping them from being something more is a simple, unfortunate clash of one personality trait. Tako might blame Hana's natural jealousy, but the simple fact remained... he did not lose. Ever. Oh, she had caught him cheating on more than one occasion, and tactical stacking of odds was little more than common sense to the pair. It could be said that his competitive jealousy was the only thing to rival her own (yet another thing she couldn't win at). But despite it all there was no denying the sheer, unbelievable amount of luck surrounding this man. Everything from Four Winds to falling out of a tree; or the time where it really sunk in, when he was hit by an arrow and thrown off the ship, only to show up at port three days later looking no worse for the experience. It probably goes without saying that she can now only tolerate him on occasion.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:36 am
Question 2: Describe a bushi that you're indebted to.

It was during her first time as a messenger for the clan, that Utaku Ayamo found herself in trouble. Even with her experience on horseback, and ability to find her way through difficult terrain, she found herself lost in the Suzume Hills.

The Unicorn Clan has always tried to look after its peasant underclass, and knows that strength comes from a healthy and respectful people. It was for this reason that Ayamo was sent to the Sparrow Lands. Hearing of a local problem with crops, she was to assess the situation and decide if the Unicorn would lend aid to the region.

The storm had rolled in within hours, and mudslides and small avalanches had closed many of the paths. Wandering from the road and into the merciless mountains, Ayamo and Hida had found themselves swept down the side of a hill, and perched close to the edge of a ravine. If Hida moved, they would have likely fallen a great height to their deaths, but using all her focus, Ayamo kept him still and calm. With the rising sun she felt that their plight was grave, seeing how far down the gagged rocks of an old river were. And by midday the sun was so hot that her lips were parched and throat dry. As the sun began to set again, the faint sound of a horse walking above them drifted to her ears. Calling out, she gained the attention of Suzume Mase, a Sparrow Clan bushi. With a timely rescue involving supporting Hira's weight with ropes tied to the other horse saddle, they had clambered up the tricky slope.

The effort in itself was one of immense skill.

Ever since, she has made it a priority to aid the Sparrow if she can, especially quiet and honorable, Suzume Mase.  

BegrudginglyGood

xX_Terei_Xx

Questionable Prophet

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:25 am
Question 3 :: Describe a samurai who's in love with you

Shou has met many odd people in his travels, but there was one in particular who stood out from the rest. It was his encounter with a young bushi by the name of Kakita Naomi.

Shou had been on top of a rocky outcropping by the sea, going through the movements of battle, when he was approached by Naomi. He had thought that it was strange, as the girl was obviously a Crane. Her long, flowing hair was white and soft like fresh snow. Her eyes, a frosty blue, danced with mischief as she looked at him.
"My name is Kakita Naomi," she said in an important, hushed voice. "I couldn't help but admire your skills with the sword. Would you like to..." she paused, trying to find the right words, "join me for sake?"

Shou introduced himself back, making sure to mention that he was a Ronin and was most likely not welcome around any of her comrades. She curtly smiled, nodding, and then replied that she had no intention of being seen by her companions.
She again asked him to join her, which he really had no excuse to deny.

They met right during the night, sitting together by a cliff with enough sake to last them for weeks. The sat and drank and talked until they could see the sun rising over the horizon. Then, they watched the rising sun in silence.

Once that moment was over, Naomi suddenly confessed her love to Shou and promised to meet him again. She left him there on the cliff, returning to her group. Shou stayed there for a while longer, contemplating if Kakita Naomi had been drunk or if she really didn't care that he was a ronin and she truly loved him.

It was right before noon when he saw her again. This time, she was with her fellow Crane and giving orders to prepare the supplies. During a pause, when the rest of the Crane were busy, Naomi managed to discreetly slip a paper into Shou's hands.
"Don't read it until you're alone." was all that she said.

Later that day, after traveling on the road, Shou remembered the paper and unfolded it.

It read:
I forgot to mention this before, but I'm a man.

(( Why did I do this? Because I wanted an interesting twist //shot ))  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:59 pm
Okay, so I'm gonna start by rolling offsite on a d50 (sorta) until I get 3 questions, and then I'll get to them as I have time. Slight revisions being made to Rais, though mostly adding or shifting fluff, and exchanging some (dis)advantages for ones of equal cost.

Questions: 33 (samurai with an advantage not typical of his clan), 16 (courtier with an addiction), 22 (minor clan samurai with lots of scars).

Describe a samurai with an advantage not typical to his clan: Mirumoto Nobusuke

Though if asked what is unusual for a Dragon, most samurai might find themselves lacking for an answer, most whom know Mirumoto Nobusuke agree he is not like any other Dragon they have met. The unsurprisingly eccentric artist is exceptionally Wealthy. Though he has some training in the Mirumoto sword arts his greatest talents lie in the brush and the needle, making exceptional and flashy paintings or tattoos. He travels, making himself known to many clans, and in contrast to the spiritual disregard for possession seen in many Dragon, he loves to live lavishly, display his wealth, and acquire more.

Though the Unicorn buy less of his paintings and sculptures because of their frequently mobile lifestyle, Nobusuke's tattoos are quite popular among certain young Unicorn, and they come at a pretty penny. Rais was among these- each time he and the Dragon have chanced upon each other, Rais has joined him and the others in exchanging stories. On the day before Nobusuke was due to leave, Rais would choose from amongst the most remarkable and outlandish stories told, and pay the Dragon lavishly to add something inspired by it to his back in a steadily growing mural. So far they have encountered each other five times, and while while there is a rendition of a pale maiden dressed for mourning kneeling below the Moto's left ribs, and a dragon winding about thunderous clouds across his shoulders, most of the attention has clearly gone to a confused battle scene slowly working its way from the very lowest left of his back, images growing from the trailing ends of the maidens gown as if depicted upon it, and expanding half of the way to his right shoulder.

Of course, the Mirumoto remembers him for being such an attentive fan of good storytelling (even if Rais' tales are not so exceptional), a repeat customer, and of course an ever progressing work of art. The two even joke of finding ways to work Rais' scars into the imagery, rather than letting them seam distortions to it, and the two will brush up on their dueling together. A tall but slender man, Nobusuke is quick of wit and hand, but seems to tire faster than a Dragon should.

Next up, a Yasuki with an opium addiction.  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

WhimsicalXellos
Crew

Compassionate Husband

9,300 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:21 pm
I'm working on these:
• Describe a samurai with a fairly low-cost Dark Secret.
• Describe a minor clan samurai with lots of scars.
• Describe a bushi who wields an unusual weapon.

Here's my samurai with a fairly low-cost Dark Secret.

Asako Ginjou is a fairly well rounded individual. He was never one to focus too closely on any particular subject, believing that being in balance with only the elements was not truly enough to achieve enlightenment. As such, he's encountered quite a range of people in his wandering. One such individual was a courtier friend of his.

Asako Yurika is actually a distant relative, but she and Gin had known each other even before their respective gempukku and were pretty close. Before it came out that Ginjou did not plan to take the path of the courtier, Yurika kept a potentially damning secret. It was after Gin's gempukku that one day she confided in him, now that he was no longer a potential rival.

She told him of a time in her childhood when she accidentally wandered into her grandfather's private chambers. At the time, she was too young to understand what she saw, but looking back, she could swear she had seen the weapons of a warrior of the shadows in his room. She had no proof, as her grandfather was now long dead, but if her suspisions were correct, he may have secretly been a ninja. If it ever got out that she was the direct descendant of such a dishonorable man, it may ruin her reputation in court.

Ginjou assured her that such a thing was unlikely. And what difference did it make if it was just speculation?  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:36 pm
WhimsicalXellos
I'm working on these:
• Describe a samurai with a fairly low-cost Dark Secret.
• Describe a minor clan samurai with lots of scars.
• Describe a bushi who wields an unusual weapon.

Here's my samurai with a fairly low-cost Dark Secret.

Asako Ginjou is a fairly well rounded individual. He was never one to focus too closely on any particular subject, believing that being in balance with only the elements was not truly enough to achieve enlightenment. As such, he's encountered quite a range of people in his wandering. One such individual was a courtier friend of his.

Asako Yurika is actually a distant relative, but she and Gin had known each other even before their respective gempukku and were pretty close. Before it came out that Ginjou did not plan to take the path of the courtier, Yurika kept a potentially damning secret. It was after Gin's gempukku that one day she confided in him, now that he was no longer a potential rival.

She told him of a time in her childhood when she accidentally wandered into her grandfather's private chambers. At the time, she was too young to understand what she saw, but looking back, she could swear she had seen the weapons of a warrior of the shadows in his room. She had no proof, as her grandfather was now long dead, but if her suspisions were correct, he may have secretly been a ninja. If it ever got out that she was the direct descendant of such a dishonorable man, it may ruin her reputation in court.

Ginjou assured her that such a thing was unlikely. And what difference did it make if it was just speculation?
Oh dear.... Let's hope these rumors aren't true. Otherwise there's a Scorpion that might know how to get the info.  

DeathAdams

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:42 pm
Pfft. It's obvious that her Grandfather is a stalwart and loyal servant of his Daimyo. Besides, there are no such thing as ninja. cat_ninja  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff