Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark
Arc 2 - Heart of a Monster (Completed) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 80 81 82 83 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:45 pm
Abigail (Abby) Morgan
User Image

Abby nods at Valac. "Great, I'm glad to have your continued services." She would then turn to her husband and smile sweetly. "That is an admirable idea, my dear, but I doubt they even know what happened yet. The guard will most likely be keeping this secret for as long as they can. They wouldn't want to cause a panic in the town. To scare away the tourists would be to lose the lifeblood of this town. Of course, I could be wrong."

Abby would let out a sigh. "If you all would like to leave right away, that can be arranged. I just worry about all the guards snooping around in their heightened state... by the way, why didn't Twyla come back?"  
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 10:33 am
Revenge would likewise not respond to Valac's jab, and responded to Abby instead. "Twyla... when I had left the inn after donning my armor, she was still there. It looked like she was being social with the people there. I believe she said something about performing there tonight, I think, so she might have had prior obligations." He would turn his head towards Valac. "I think I overheard her saying something about being here early in the morning before we leave?" he asked his fellow tiefling, hoping for confirmation.

Even if Valac wasn't sure himself, Twyla had given Revenge a positive vibe ((Charisma-based characters REPRESENT!)) and his gut told him she wouldn't let them down.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 11:37 am
"Yeah she's playing and staying at the inn tonight." Valac answered Revenge as he begun to play with his teeth again as he figured out to what to occupy his afternoon with.  
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 7:55 pm
The rest of the day passes without incident. Fearing that their house was being watched, Abby and Petra spend the night in the shop and welcome any who wish to stay with them, though it will be a cramped and uncomfortable sleep on the floor with but a few blankets and clothes for cover.

Twyla has a nice night performing at the Red Lion and has her room provided free to her for that night. Wherever everyone chooses to sleep, the night passes quietly.

The next morning everyone meets back up at Abby's Boutique as planned. Abby has packed her entire shop into a large, covered wagon being pulled by a draft horse. There is room for one person to sit in the front of the wagon with Abby, which she indicates Revenge should take. Otherwise there is room in the back for everyone else, but it is a tight squeeze. Petra sits hidden in the back of the wagon with a large cape drawn tightly around her to hide her less than human features.

Once everyone has taken their position either inside the wagon or walking alongside it, Abby spurs the horse down the main road towards the town's main entrance. When the party draws near the way out, they find the wagon traffic out of town has become backed up, and it soon become apparent why. The town guards are checking every wagon leaving Gladesdale. Eventually two guards walk up to Abby's wagon.

"Good morning, sir and ma'am. We're doing checks on all wagons leaving town this morning. If you would be so kind, it will only take a moment of your time." The guard's tone is polite, but it is clear he is not requiring Abby's permission to begin the search.  

Kowsauni
Crew

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 12:06 am
Revenge would stay armored most of the evening, but finally remove his armor to sleep. He keeps his weapons close when he slumbers, however, just in case.

Upon the departure, and the stopping at checkpoint, he would turn and quirk a brow at the guard. "Pardon me, but what seems to be the problem?" he would ask before the guards would begin. He wouldn't sound insulted or anything, but seemingly legitimately curious.

Quote:
Insight of 12 to gauge the current emotional state of the guards. Might be enough, might not.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 1:16 am
The guards appear to be quite tired, like they have been running on little if any sleep. Other than that, Revenge can't tell much about their emotional state. However, Revenge, and anyone else who is outside the wagon, would notice the guards all have poles with mirrors attached to the end of them.

The guard would respond back to Revenge. "There is an exotic creature on the loose and we want to make sure it has not secretly stowed away in a wagon leaving town. Our check will only be a few minutes."  

Kowsauni
Crew

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 12:04 am
"Hm. Seems reasonable," he would say, frowning. "Could I trouble you for it to just be a quick search? I am on a quest where lives are at stake, and this delay had already held us up longer than I, and very likely Sehanine herself, would like." He would gesture with one hand towards the line of wagons and carts that were ahead of them, likewise held up by the checkpoint.

"If it helps, we have five others in total with us, and I'm sure any in the back would know if an 'exotic creature' was sitting on their laps. It's quite crowded and if our Goliath is back there, she's probably not in a good mood."

He would place a gauntleted hand on the side of the wagon. "Unless you're suggesting that we've stolen such a creature..." That last bit would carry a hint of menace, are Tieflings are apt to do, but he would smile jokingly at the guards to contrast any implication of ill-will.

Quote:
Diplomacy of 20 to get them to emphasize speed over attention to detail.

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 4:00 am
As she sat in the back, Twyla's ears perked up at the guard's serious tone. She could hear Revenge engaging with him, and wanted to help... then she got an idea.

Twyla swung herself out of the back of the wagon and strode up to Revenge and the guard, letting out a heavy sigh. "No need to dance around it, Rev--he may as well hear the truth." She stopped in front of the guard and looked up at him with a jaundiced eye.

"The truth is that we're on special assignment from the captain of the guard himself to find the very same creature you're looking for. You might recognize us as the last ones to tangle with the monster--and lucky we were to survive." Twyla looked off into the distance for a moment, thoughtful and solemn, as if remembering the horrible scene. She looked back at the guard, deadly serious.

"No one knows better than us what to look for, and let me tell you, we haven't sen hide nor hair of that awful thing. We do, however, have reason to believe it may have already fled the city. It'd be best not to slow us up, you know... Whatever it's up to, we'll find it, but we have to act fast. If you stop us now, who knows how many more innocents will wind up petrified?"

((20 Bluff to convince the guard that we're on the case and they should let us pass!))  

AlphabetFish

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 8:15 pm
The guard looks up at Revenge and he could tell that he didn't want to be delaying traffic checking carts any more than Revenge did. He responds back simply. "I'll try to be quick, but your passengers will need to temporarily get out of the wagon."

The two guards begin to move to the back to the wagon with a little bit of extra quickness in their step when Twyla jumps out. They seem to both immediately recognize her. Twyla realizes they were probably at the house yesterday. They listen to her explanation and then look into the back of the wagon to see the rest of the adventuring party. "Ah, I see. Well, you'd better be on your way then. We wish you the best of luck. Get revenge for our captain."

The two guards move on from Abby's wagon to the one behind her and continue to do their work. Abby lets out a sigh of relief. "That was some quick thinking, you two. Not that they would have found what they were looking for, but no reason to invite extra trouble on us, right? "
Abby snaps the reins and the wagon begins to move forward once more.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The day passed uneventfully for the adventurers as Abby led the wagon north from the town of Gladesdale. The group began to climb rapidly in elevation as the air became cooler. Barely another person was seen on the trail and the cobbled road eventually gave way to dirt. Soon the wagon was being pulled along over rolling hills with dense forest threatening to close in on either side. The sky soon began to turn dark, signaling the coming of night.

Abby would open the flap to the covered portion to the wagon and say, "We will need to stop soon to let the horse rest and bed down for the night. Where would you like to set up camp?"  
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 4:07 pm
Kuori had slept most of the ride over, but when it came to camping she said, "Lets take a spot at the top of one of these hills."  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 8:43 pm
Revenge would size up all the companions he suddenly had. "Kuori, Valac, you both follow the paths of nature's warriors; and Lavander, you're of elven blood. You three would probably be best suited for finding the best place and making sure it's safe by scouting the area. I can stay with Abby and keep the wagon safe while you search."

Honestly, he has had such little time with her since they reunited yesterday. There was at first, but the mess with Petra had pulled them into the fray rather suddenly. Twyla and Petra would still be around too; the gears in his head were always turning on trying to think up a plan to keep them occupied.  
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 6:46 am
"On top of a hill is perfect for letting everyone for miles know that you're there. Somewhere flat and out of the way would be better, we'll sleep better and less likely to be found due to a fire." Valac said being contrary to Kuori.  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 11:19 am
Kuori motioned over the sprawling hills and said, "Oh sure, lets back track how many miles to find somewhere flat? At least if we go atop the hill we will see somebody coming and have the terrain advantage. Compare to being in the valley between the hills and the forest, its the better option." She looked at Revenge, "And I am not sleeping in the forest after some of the s**t that I've seen around here."  
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 11:43 am
"Ah big ol' gal is scared huh? You survived it whats to be afraid of?" Valac said pulling a mocking face and motioning back to top of the hill, "Good luck using a terrain advantage where you can't see beyond your campfire anyways but whatever lets go. I've been biting for a fight anyways I'll deal with whatever comes."  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

AlphabetFish

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 2:59 pm
"Aw, we'll be fine!" Twyla chirped. "A hill would be so nice--we could watch the stars as we go to sleep! Sounds beautiful! And I'm sure nothing would dare mess with us!"

Twyla paused for a moment and looked at Valac, Kuori, Lavander... then down at her own short legs. "Uh, how about you guys find the spot, though? I'm so little I'd only slow you down, haha! Then I'll help set up!"  
[D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 80 81 82 83 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games