Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 4e] Desert Winds
Desert Wind Chapter #1: Playing Samurai and Indians Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 20 21 22 23 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:37 pm
"Oh well, just thought I'd ask." He shrugs and heads back towards bed to let the peasants handle the rest of the job then.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:58 pm
"Aneksi!" Jinyu-Zhe would call out with a start, seeing her fall and leaping dramatically back over the downed Bear ronin to rush to her side. "I thought you were out of bed because you were feeling better. Please tell me I shouldn't be expecting a lifetime of you jumping out of bed every time you sense the prospect of battle... Come on, let's get you back inside, the cool night air isn't doing you any good right now."

Strength 3 should be sufficient to pick her up and carry her back to the room without difficulty. Though he would stop at the doorway and look back over his shoulder. "I'm going to tend to our commander, so try and find someone to keep watch and make sure this doesn't happen again. If you can't, come get me and I'll keep watch. Oh, and feel free to put the survivor out of his misery."

If there wasn't a dispute and/or Aneksi punching him in the face, he'd get her back to bed without further discussion.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:48 pm
Asura watched silently as everyone retreated back to their sleep before looking at the bloody tanto in his hand and at the unconscious Ronin at his feet.

Asura mused over the interpretations of the orders he was just given and decided that the commanders over rode her husbands.

Walking over to the weasel he first wiped the blade clean before cutting strips of his clothes into makeshift bandages. Taking these bandages to the bear he attempts to bind the wounds making a good effort but Asura is not a medical man and isn't sure if he actually achieved what he set out to do.

Asura paused once more and observed the scene before him and begun searching the corpses now that he was alone. First the Weasel, mostly to retrieve the tanto's scabbard (which if found Asura pockets immediately) and to retrieve the arrows from the weasel anything else was bonus. Then he went and searched the Bear hoping mostly for some form of note of confession but curious as to what his pockets turned out as well. Finally he gathered all of the katanas and wakizashis and wrapped them up into a bundle before finding a perch to "keep watch".

The things Asura does for his clan...  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:56 pm
Asura isn't sure putting on dirty rags on a wound will help much, but he tries! He then finds the little things he's looking for and finds one of Aneksi's arrows has been ruined. the other one looks serviceable.

Sometime after Asura has taken his perch, he will hear bear emit a strangled cry, "Michi, I ..see...you....." and the ronin will then pass onward.

MORNING!!!

The flies really haven't started in on the corpses yet, and it's starting to stink. There seems to be feeling of something.....wrong. You can't place it, but it's there and it's not the smell of the corpses as they start to decompose. There is a figure on the horizon towards the route you came by. It seems to be hustling as best it can towards you. What are you guys doing?  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:08 pm
Eyes bloodshot, he moves to the wagon as he helps pack up. Stupid peasants dying on him. How inconsiderate! Now where was he going to get someone to do all the menial tasks for him?

With a jaw-cracking yawn, he'd stop as he spotted the figure incoming. His hands would slip into his kimono and be ready to bring out his kama if need be.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:15 pm
Spell slots and Void Points restored

Letting Aneksi sleep as long as he could, Jinyu-Zhe would slip out to take care of a few things.

First and most important, Jinyu-Zhe would go to the corpses of the men who were on watch and were killed. Without Eta, they couldn't have a proper cremation, or even a burial. Since they were out in the boonies as a forward advance, they would have to just leave them. Jinyu-Zhe was not uncomfortable with that, per se. He was Unicorn, and Unicorn had to always be ready for battle and the costs that come with it. But he would still be sad. Bowing his head in respect, Jinyu-Zhe would offer prayers for their souls, wishing for safe travels to whatever afterlives awaited them.

After that and not a moment prior, Jinyu-Zhe would then tend to any personal morning matters, such as prayers to the kami and his ancestors, personal upkeep, that sort of thing.

Finally, Jinyu-Zhe starts wandering around, seemingly aimlessly. As if searching for something.

Quote:
2 void points will be spent on these rolls, each one for 1 rank in Hunting.

Perception/Hunting roll #1 to forage a bit of food that local fauna would likely eat; I'll try to get a little bit of everything, if possible?
4k3 +2 dice for explosions. = 24

Perception/Hunting roll #2 to find such a local fauna! 4k3 +2 dice for explosions. = 14 (hopefully Blessing of Chikushudo lowers the TN)

I would like to befriend an aardwolf (it doesn't have to be an aardwolf).

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:26 pm
The figure slowly came closer into view- hustling along with the sun at its back, raising a hand up to its face as it came close enough to view to tell that it was a lone woman on her way toward the camp. That kept up as the green tones on her clothing and armor came into focus, staring... until she discerned that there was indeed another Mantis, or someone dressed as one, out in the middle of this forsaken desert, alongside all the horses and the... meandering Unicorn.

"Yoritomo-san! Thank the kami, it's about time," she called out as she approached, slowing as she came onto the edge of their site, refusing to show up completely out of breath. She gave a short little bow of greeting as she came into appropriate distance, and turned to look at the Unicorn in the distance, cocking her head at him and deciding she'd just wait until he came back to introduce herself, looking from the other Mantis around and--

Wrinkled her nose, looking around the camp then back to him.

"What happened here?  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:49 pm
Asura was tired and paranoid from last night and this sudden new comer was not a welcome sight at all. Full of suspicion and doubt Asura stood and kept one hand firmly on his katana while he watched the interaction play out.  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:39 pm
He just stared at the woman, his eye twitching slightly. Of all the times and people. His hands snapped out, one snatching at her ear. "WHERE WERE YOU!?!" Misaki's glare towards her as he pulled her down a bit, being a bit shorter than the young lady, was one of much sleep deprivation. "You went to get tea three weeks ago! Then decide to just show up after I've had some rude guests interrupt my sleep and business? You're suppose to be my yojimbo to keep that from happening!"  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:27 pm
@ Utaku Jinyu-Zhe

You find a bit of grub in the form of nuts, roots, and berries along your path. not much, but enough to make dinner interesting. The trail you use looks to be one made by Weasel and Bear as they worked their way to your camp. You come to their base, and it looks like it should. traveling packs and sleeping mats down around the ground centered around a burnt out campfire. It looks deserted, but you get the feeling that something....or someone is watching you, Jinyu-Zhe.  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:35 pm
If he doesn't spot local fauna in this camp, he will quickly leave since it likely indicates recent presence of humans (conversely, animals present would indicate humans haven't been here for at least a little while). He would continue his search elsewhere, being wary of any other ronin that might be following him. He would prefer to head in the direction of where his unit had camped. There was shouting to be heard there anyways, though it didn't sound alarming.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:23 pm
Asura relaxed slightly taking a more relaxed stance with his katana as he walked over to the two Mantis's and asked Misaki gesturing at the newcomer, "Who's this?"  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:28 pm
Befor Jinyu-zhe leaves, he spots a small little cub like thing that was hiding in a basket probably carried by one of the ronin. The little creature looks canine-like with ears oversized for his head. He's not exactly a baby, but he is young. He looks up at Jinyu-Zhe and chirps questioningly at him.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:59 pm
He shifts his tired glare towards Asura before closing his eyes and straightening himself out, letting go of the bushiko's ear. With a breath to steady himself, he smiles. "Ah, sorry. This is Kitsune Juneko. She was suppose to be with us from the start, but appears to have been delayed."  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:27 am
It might have been an act of self restraint that she winced and let the man pull her down to his level, without any inappropriate grabbing in turn. She did smile though- a broad, tight expression, and raised her voice, even as she kept her tone a purr, laced with threatening sweetness, rather than outright shouting right back. "YOU were suppose to WAIT so I could join you, instead of trekking off with your horses and leaving me to search an entire Jigoku-taken wasteland on foo-"

The Unicorn cut in and she stood straight again just as quickly as she was released, and just like that, the Mantis had decorum again, even as she raised one hand to absently fix the hair near her accosted ear as she gave a small bow of her head and shoulders in greeting.

"Ohayƍ gozaimasu, Unicorn-san. Apologies for my tardiness. Yes, I am Kitsune Juneko, here to aid on Yoritomo-san's behalf."

Of course, part of her tardiness had not been the other Mantis turning in for the night before she could meet him, and then in the morning... well, she'd sleepwalked off to some strange part of the city and had to find her way back, but they didn't need to know that. Either way, good that he'd hired her, she supposed, someone else trying to make this trek with only the supplies on their back might have run through them all and croaked before they'd found the group.

Overall, the samurai-ko was dressed somewhat practically, light functional armor and lighter layers of fabric to deal with the heat, with a wide-hat to keep the sun off her head. She looked a tad worn from her travel, if apparently in good spirits compared to her currently more haggard clanmate, though her appearance seemed quite well taken care of given that, even with the jeweled comb holding her hair up hidden by her hat at the moment.  
[L5R 4e] Desert Winds

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 20 21 22 23 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games