Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Clubs (Looking for Clubs!)
The Daily Dragon - School Newspaper - Open 2062-63 Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2022 4:32 pm
User Image

I need another story, something to get off my chest
My life gets kinda boring, need something that I can confess
'Til all my sleeves are stained red, from all the truth that I've said
Come by it honestly I swear. Thought you saw me wink, no, I've been on the brink, so
Tell me what you want to hear, something that will light those ears
Sick of all the insincere, so I'm gonna give all my secrets away

Milan had been... surprised when the leadership of the Daly Dragon was handed to him. He was going to be the Editor-in-chief for the next several years, and to him, that was wild. He walked into the club's meeting room, looking at the writing stations, typewriters, bulletin boards... everything so familiar, yet starkly in contrast now that he was in charge. Perhaps he'd recruit a co-captain or... something like that. Setting down his bag, Milan started to prepare the room for his style. On the board in the front, he wrote out the title of each main section of the newspaper, each job and task that would need to be filled. Once he had a person in each role, they could really crack down on work. Checking his watch, Milan realized it was getting fairly close to time. He finished setting up and opened the door, prepared for the regulars and maybe a few new people to join in.

—————————————————————————
                                                                  ✯ Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Daily Dragon News Room
                                                                  ✯ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Just my Thoughts
                                                                  ✯ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Opening the Club
                                                                  ✯ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? Hopefully we get enough people

{{Wearing :: Business as Usual}}
Mʏ Gᴏᴅ, ᴀᴍᴀᴢɪɴɢ ʜᴏᴡ ᴡᴇ ɢᴏᴛ ᴛʜɪs ғᴀʀ, ɪᴛ's ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴡᴇ'ʀᴇ ᴄʜᴀsɪɴɢ ᴀʟʟ ᴛʜᴏsᴇ sᴛᴀʀs
Wʜᴏ's ᴅʀɪᴠɪɴɢ sʜɪɴʏ ʙɪɢ ʙʟᴀᴄᴋ ᴄᴀʀs? Aɴᴅ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴅᴀʏ I sᴇᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ɴᴇᴡs
Aʟʟ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘʀᴏʙʟᴇᴍs ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ sᴏʟᴠᴇ, ᴀɴᴅ ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴀ sɪᴛᴜᴀᴛɪᴏɴ ʀɪsᴇs
Jᴜsᴛ ᴡʀɪᴛᴇ ɪᴛ ɪɴᴛᴏ ᴀɴ ᴀʟʙᴜᴍ. Sᴇɴᴅ ɪᴛ sᴛʀᴀɪɢʜᴛ ᴛᴏ ɢᴏʟᴅ
Bᴜᴛ I ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ʀᴇᴀʟʟʏ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴍʏ ғʟᴏᴡ, ɴᴏ, sᴏ
Tᴇʟʟ ᴍᴇ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡᴀɴᴛ ᴛᴏ ʜᴇᴀʀ. Sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡɪʟʟ ʟɪɢʜᴛ ᴛʜᴏsᴇ ᴇᴀʀs
Sɪᴄᴋ ᴏғ ᴀʟʟ ᴛʜᴇ ɪɴsɪɴᴄᴇʀᴇ, sᴏ I'ᴍ ɢᴏɴɴᴀ ɢɪᴠᴇ ᴀʟʟ ᴍʏ sᴇᴄʀᴇᴛs ᴀᴡᴀʏ

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2022 6:36 pm

User Image★✩
ECHO ANGHARAD WELLBELOVE

third year || Slytherin || halfblood
Art Club resource || Daily Dragon writer || Quidditch reserve || LARP art historian

Milan had been assigned Editor in Chief of the Daily Dragon– a just honor, Echo thought. She was extraordinarily proud of her brother, and knew Milan would be an excellent Editor in Chief. He had a creative eye after all. Echo was more suited for the business logistics.

Classes hadn’t started, but Echo had spent the entire day studying in their dorm–the moment Daphne left anyways. She hadn’t seen anyone all day, aside from Harlynn bringing her pizza for lunch and dinner. ”Milan? Good you’re here already,” she remarked, arriving just before the official club time started. ”I have the macarons. Freshly off the ice, so they should be perfect by the time people arrive.” she said, setting the box down and arranging them neatly with a few gentle movements of her wand. ”I see Daphne hasn’t shown up. She wasn’t in the dorm when I left.”

Milan had already mapped out a list of jobs and tasks for the paper. Echo quickly filled out her own form and handed it to him to pin wherever needed. She scrutinized the board and mentally filled in veteran staff. Oh. You’re not going to pair me with Taylor again are you?”

Name: Echo Angharad Wellbelove
Year: 3rd
House: Slytherin
Any experience: 2 years at the Daily Dragon, Contributing to nine2five Iconic Wear
Why do you want to be a writer for the Daily Dragon?: Writing for the newspaper has been a good way to stay informed, keep others informed, and improve the general awareness of our wizarding community.
Do you have a preferred section?: Fashion, News.
Clubs you're affiliated with or informed of: Art, Order of the Stick, Quidditch
Do you agree to have your writing reviewed and checked by editors before being published?: yes
This position has a deadline, do you understand and can you abide by the deadlines given?: of course

setting Daily Dragon, first meeting of 2055-56 year || with Milan
appearance 5'0”, slim || wearing dark green ruffly dress
status The Daily Dragon is Under New Management.

kiska166

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
Primadonna girl, yeah
All I ever wanted was the world
I can't help that I need it all
The primadonna life, the rise and fall
You say that I'm kinda difficult
But it's always someone else's fault
✩★
~"Primadonna Girl" by Marina and the Diamonds

addaellis

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2022 7:13 pm
User Image

Come by it honestly I swear. Thought you saw me wink, no, I've been on the brink, so

Milan was writing notes in his journal about possible ideas for the news when someone walked in. As though he didn't care (which honestly he didn't), Milan didn't look up nor acknowledge the person.... until they spoke up. Hearing the familiar voice of his sister, Milan looked up, quickly snapping his book closed and setting it on the desk in front of himself. "Of course I'm already here. I've been here for nearly ten minutes. I'm surprised you're just now here." She explained that she had the macarons, fancy cookies she'd had made just for the club. He honestly didn't care about the club's tradition of keeping snacks out, but if it was important to Echo, he'd let it happen. Not like he could go to get food without knowing where the kitchen was.

Echo continued, questioning where her wayward roommate was. "Ugh, do you actually care where she is, or are you still trying to seem nice about your little... pet project?" Milan didn't like Daphne, mostly because she didn't like the other Wellbeloves and Milan was too protective of his sisters to deal with someone like that. Plus, she dressed like an idiot. "But no, Echo, no one's here yet, no one annoying, anyway." He smirked, thinking just about anyone outside his family was an annoyance, even though it meant he spent many nights in solitude.

Milan took his sister's form in hand and wrote her name on the board under Writer - Fashion Column. She asked about being paired with Taylor, and he looked over at her. "Well, here's the thing. Unless we get more photographers in, your options are Taylor... or Daphne. But... on that note, I did have a question." He took a breath, hoping he wouldn't get flagged for nepotism or anything. "So, I'm sure you're aware this club is... a lot. I know I can run it, of course, but it would be nice to have help. Especially since I'll be in charge of editing after a bunch of idiots. So I was hoping you'd be my.... Managing Editor, or something like that." He tried to look bored by his words, but anyone that knew him well could spot the worry behind his eyes.

✯ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Echo
                                                                  ✯ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? How does she want me to sort people?

addaellis

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2022 8:02 pm

User Image★✩
ECHO ANGHARAD WELLBELOVE

Art Club resource || Daily Dragon managing editor || Quidditch reserve || LARP art historian

When Milan snapped his book shut, Echo raised an eyebrow in confusion. He had shared his art with her before--of anyone, Milan knew that her art was child's play compared to the rest of their quadruplets. Since when did they hide things from each other?

Milan questioned if she was actually concerned about her “pet project”, which prompted a laugh. ”Perish the thought, I’m simply amazed she left before me and somehow hasn’t managed to stumble upon the room. Besides, she seems insistent on not accepting cosmetic help until she’s 15. Perhaps with a little pressure she can be persuaded to see reason.”

Milan wrote her in under Writer then admitted that her choices of photographer was limited. She made a face. Were those two really the only options? Taylor was terribly frustrating, but she didn't think much of Daphne much either. Well. Maybe communication would be easier since they were in the same dorm. Ugh.

Echo turned for his question and tensed, seeing the worry past her brother and best friend’s facade of nonchalance. When she understood he was asking her to be his second in command, Echo smiled widely. ”Of course! Did you think I would just abandon you? Managing Editor though, I do like the title. Just short of the Editor in Chief himself!”

setting Daily Dragon, first meeting of 2055-56 year || with Milan
status The Daily Dragon is Under Wellbelove Management.

Primadonna girl, yeah
✩★

addaellis

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2022 9:24 pm
User Image

Milan snorted softly when Echo seemed somewhat concerned about her.... friend? Were they friends now? "Most likely she's off doing something weird. Or she had to double back to the dorm to grab some weird outfit. She always dresses like a thrift shop reject." Echo seemed to want to try makeup on Daphne, which... admittedly was something Milan wanted to try as well. Not on Daphne, because then he'd actually have to spend time with her, but on someone, for sure.

As he wrote down Echo's name and asked his question, his sister seemed surprised and excited. "Yes, yes, I figured you would like the title. It sounds fancy while still professional. You know, the Wellbelove way of life." He turned back, writing Managing Editor under his own name, then Echo's name below that at the top of the board. There, now it was official. Would he need to tell a professor? Or just... let it happen? He didn't think he'd get in trouble for recruiting some extra help with editing, anyway.

✯ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Echo
                                                                  ✯ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? How does she want me to sort people?

addaellis

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2022 9:43 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx❧ Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? News Room
xxx❧ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Echo and Milan
xxxx❧ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Daily Dragon Meetup
xxxxx❧ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? I can't wait to snap some pics!

Daphne had spent much of the day busy in the library. After dinner, she went back to the dorm to grab her camera so she could head to the newsroom. After she left, she chatted with a few other students, then hurried toward the club. She quite liked the Daily Dragon, especially since she always had a chance to take more pictures. Then again, this year it was supposed to be led by the boy Wellbelove, the Ravenclaw one, the oddball of the family. What if he kicked her out on sight because they didn't typically get along. Was he even allowed to do that?

Walking in, she spotted two of the Wellbeloves, Echo and Milan. "Oh, hey guys! Sorry if I'm interrupting. Can you pass me the photographer form, Echo? Thanks, love." Once she had the form, Daph filled it out with her favorite pen, then handed the form back over to Milan, who stared at it for a moment before writing her name up on the board under the photographer section. She noticed a few other names on the board, then decided to comment. "Editor-in-Chief and Managing Editor. Both nice titles. If you ever need a photography layout designer, let me know. I've been helping dad this summer and he taught me some new stuff. I'd be happy to help out." She sent over a grin, then opened her cool new camera bag to pull out her neat new camera. It had been a gift for her birthday.... except early since she'd still be at school. Maybe she'd have a chance to use it soon.

Name: Daphne Opal Greensborough
Year: third
House: Slytherin
Any experience: two years here at the Daily Dragon, lots of practice in the field with my dad - a professional photographer
Why do you want to be a photographer for the Daily Dragon?: I love taking pictures and telling stories from the lens of my camera
Do you have your own camera and means to develop pictures?: I have lots of cameras and I'm good at developing
This position has a deadline, do you understand and can you abide by the deadlines given?: absolutely!

{{Wearing :: Purple Perfection}}
addaellis

I ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴍɪss ᴀ ʙᴇᴀᴛ! I'ᴍ ʟɪɢʜᴛɴɪɴɢ ᴏɴ ᴍʏ ғᴇᴇᴛ!
Aɴᴅ ᴛʜᴀᴛ's ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ sᴇᴇ, ᴛʜᴀᴛ's ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ sᴇᴇ
I'ᴍ ᴅᴀɴᴄɪɴɢ ᴏɴ ᴍʏ ᴏᴡɴ, I ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏᴠᴇs ᴜᴘ ᴀs I ɢᴏ
Aɴᴅ ᴛʜᴀᴛ's ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴋɴᴏᴡ, ᴛʜᴀᴛ's ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴋɴᴏᴡ
Bᴜᴛ I ᴋᴇᴇᴘ ᴄʀᴜɪsɪɴɢ, ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ sᴛᴏᴘ, ᴡᴏɴ'ᴛ sᴛᴏᴘ ɢʀᴏᴏᴠɪɴɢ
Iᴛ's ʟɪᴋᴇ I ɢᴏᴛ ᴛʜɪs ᴍᴜsɪᴄ ɪɴ ᴍʏ ᴍɪɴᴅ sᴀʏɪɴɢ ɪᴛ's ɢᴏɴɴᴀ ʙᴇ ᴀʟʀɪɢʜᴛ
'Cᴀᴜsᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘʟᴀʏᴇʀs ɢᴏɴɴᴀ ᴘʟᴀʏ, ᴘʟᴀʏ, ᴘʟᴀʏ, ᴘʟᴀʏ, ᴘʟᴀʏ
Aɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ʜᴀᴛᴇʀs ɢᴏɴɴᴀ ʜᴀᴛᴇ, ʜᴀᴛᴇ, ʜᴀᴛᴇ, ʜᴀᴛᴇ, ʜᴀᴛᴇ
Bᴀʙʏ, I'ᴍ ᴊᴜsᴛ ɢᴏɴɴᴀ sʜᴀᴋᴇ, sʜᴀᴋᴇ, sʜᴀᴋᴇ, sʜᴀᴋᴇ, sʜᴀᴋᴇ
I sʜᴀᴋᴇ ɪᴛ ᴏғғ, I sʜᴀᴋᴇ ɪᴛ ᴏғғ

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2022 7:10 pm
User Image
                                              ╔════════════════════════════╗
                                              Taylor Olson
                                              Thirteen Years Old - Third Year - Gryffindor - Halfblood
                                              Member of the Daily Dragon, Art Club, and Dueling Club

╚════════════════════════════╝

Taylor groaned when she had found out that Milan Wellbelove would be Editor in Chief of the Daily Dragon. That’s just great, she thought bitterly, imagining all of the ways that the Wellbeloves could have power of her. Maybe at least he wouldn’t be pairing her with any of his siblings, but what if she was paired with someone who produced less than quality writing? She’d never be able to use their articles for her resume, especially if she wanted to be a fashion photographer one day. Taylor knew that Echo would be working on the fashion article, and as much as she disliked the girl, she needed to be paired with her.

The Gryffindor let out an exasperated sigh as she walked into the room and saw Milan and Echo Wellbelove with both of their titles written on the board. “Editor in Chief and Managing Editor, hey? What a shock,” she commented sarcastically as she grabbed a form and began filling it out. Of course Milan asked his sister to be his second in command. Now both Wellbeloves would be ruling over Taylor’s life in the Daily Dragon for the rest of their school years. At this point, she didn’t even know if she had a chance at being put on the fashion article, but she handed her form back to Milan and waited for him to reveal which topic he’d place her name under. Her sarcasm probably didn’t help her get what she wanted, but she couldn’t help it. The Gryffindor was so consumed with annoyance from the get-go that she hadn’t even greeted Daphne, the only person in the room that she actually liked.

Name: Taylor Olson
                                              Year: Third
                                              House: Gryffindor
                                              Any experience: The private school I attended taught us basics of photography, and I’ve played around with my camera a lot. Additionally, I was a photographer for the Daily Dragon the last 2 years and I work on a lot of photography projects for the Art club.
                                              Why do you want to be a photographer for the Daily Dragon?: I am interested in learning to take different type of photos of not only people, but also events, places, and things. After graduation, I want to be a fashion photographer.
                                              Do you have your own camera and means to develop pictures?: Yes
                                              This position has a deadline, do you understand and can you abide by the deadlines given?: Yes

((OOC: outfit in left picture))

If there is a question about my i n t e n t i o n s, I'll tell ya
                                              I'm not here to sell ya or tell you to go to hell (I'm not a brat like that)

Cinnabun Gryffie
addaellis

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2022 9:21 pm

User Image★✩
ECHO ANGHARAD WELLBELOVE

Art Club resource || Daily Dragon managing editor || Quidditch reserve || LARP art historian

No sooner had Milan officially made her Managing Editor did their employees start filing in. Echo handed Daphne a photographer form with a simple ”Of course, darling.” She smiled cooly at her “pet project”’s compliment about the new title and flashed a smile at the offer of a photography layout. Surely Milan could do better, but it wouldn’t do to dismiss Daphne out of hand. Besides, she had the decency to at least match today– purple and white on purple on white, with matching accessories. Points for efforts.

Ah. And then Taylor arrived. Taylor Whatever-her-Middle-Name-Was Olson was somehow, single handedly, the most infuriating person on the planet. No other sentient creature could manage to be so frustrating! Her outfit this evening was exactly an example– a trendy pencil skirt silhouette, a comfortable sweater and chic books–and then a completely, ridiculously, uninteresting choice of hairstyle. Echo would have more bones to pick with mixing materials, but truth be told the warm sweater looked nice with the rest on the ensemble. But that hair! Had she just brushed it and called it a day? Did she just strut around like that all day–no, no, Taylor would have had to straighten her hair to get such a straight, even texture. So she had chosen that ridiculously boring part? Not even a side part, or a cute hair clip? Even worse, it wasn’t like Taylor was hideous. She didn’t look terrible, just…frustrating!

Echo had a hand on her emergency bag of hairties before she caught herself, smoothing her fingers on her skirt. She responded to Taylor’s sarcasm with a beatific smile and held her tongue. There would be time to argue over things later. ”Well, if I must. At least it’s just for the news articles,” she said. She would still have the fashion column with Milan himself at least!

setting Daily Dragon, first meeting of 2055-56 year || with Milan, Daphne, Taylor
status The Daily Dragon is Under Wellbelove Management.

Cinnabun Gryffie

Primadonna girl, yeah
✩★

addaellis

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2022 9:43 pm
User Image

Milan tapped his toes, a cross expression on his face as he examined the board. Daphne walked in and he sent her a dismissive wave while Echo handed over the form before she filled it out and he wrote her name on the board in his neat script. When the door next opened, a familiar (and rather annoyed) voice spoke up.

The Ravenclaw turned, mentally debating if he liked her 1990's-esque outfit. It reminded him of an old movie... Taylor spoke about the titles on the board, and Milan raised an eyebrow. "Actually, Taylor, I did want to provide out a third position of power. It was going to be to you, but if you're so bold to assume I can't make proper judgement calls, I may have to give the spot to Daphne." A single glance at the blonde's now over-eager expression told him he absolutely didn't want that.

He turned back to the board, writing "Managing Photog. Editor" beside where he had Echo's Managing Editor. He also wrote Taylor's name, then debated. He wrote his name under Fashion Column, followed by Echo, then Taylor. Under regular photographer, he wrote Daphne's name, then Taylor's as well. "Fashion column. Partly written and photographed by myself, partly written by Echo, partly photographed by Taylor. We all need the experience. Daphne, I'm going to put you under General Photography for now, though you'll probably co-opt Quidditch and Clubs. We'll have to see how many new kids join the lion's den." He sighed, trying to figure out how this would all be.

✯ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Echo, Daphne, Taylor
                                                                  ✯ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? Echo's probably going to hate this

addaellis

kiska166

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2022 9:52 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx❧ Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? News Room
xxx❧ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Taylor, Echo, and Milan
xxxx❧ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Daily Dragon Meetup
xxxxx❧ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? I'm proud of them

Daphne watched Milan seem to struggle with the board, then looked over when Taylor walked in. She pointed out that Milan had (of course) provided his sister the second highest spot. Daphne didn't think she was entirely wrong. It was pretty unfair that he just gave his sister a nice spot. Then again, he probably had a bunch of work, so she could imagine he needed a hand. They were only thirteen, after all. Daphne felt a little crestfallen when Taylor didn't even look over at her, then Milan noted she might get a cool spot. No sooner than Daph felt excitement, Milan rolled his eyes and turned away.

Milan put Taylor's name at the top too, then told Daph she'd be doing general work, probably clubs and quidditch too, Daph nodded. "Sure thing, Milan, thanks." She sighed softly, shuffling to try and make her body language seem normal and happy. "Congrats, Taylor. You earned it." She sent over a grin, then busied herself with her own camera, trying to seem distracted so people wouldn't bother prying into her emotions.

{{Wearing :: Purple Perfection}}
addaellis

kiska166

I ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴍɪss ᴀ ʙᴇᴀᴛ! I'ᴍ ʟɪɢʜᴛɴɪɴɢ ᴏɴ ᴍʏ ғᴇᴇᴛ!
Aɴᴅ ᴛʜᴀᴛ's ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ sᴇᴇ, ᴛʜᴀᴛ's ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ sᴇᴇ
I'ᴍ ᴅᴀɴᴄɪɴɢ ᴏɴ ᴍʏ ᴏᴡɴ, I ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏᴠᴇs ᴜᴘ ᴀs I ɢᴏ
Aɴᴅ ᴛʜᴀᴛ's ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴋɴᴏᴡ, ᴛʜᴀᴛ's ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴋɴᴏᴡ
Bᴜᴛ I ᴋᴇᴇᴘ ᴄʀᴜɪsɪɴɢ, ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ sᴛᴏᴘ, ᴡᴏɴ'ᴛ sᴛᴏᴘ ɢʀᴏᴏᴠɪɴɢ
Iᴛ's ʟɪᴋᴇ I ɢᴏᴛ ᴛʜɪs ᴍᴜsɪᴄ ɪɴ ᴍʏ ᴍɪɴᴅ sᴀʏɪɴɢ ɪᴛ's ɢᴏɴɴᴀ ʙᴇ ᴀʟʀɪɢʜᴛ
'Cᴀᴜsᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘʟᴀʏᴇʀs ɢᴏɴɴᴀ ᴘʟᴀʏ, ᴘʟᴀʏ, ᴘʟᴀʏ, ᴘʟᴀʏ, ᴘʟᴀʏ
Aɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ʜᴀᴛᴇʀs ɢᴏɴɴᴀ ʜᴀᴛᴇ, ʜᴀᴛᴇ, ʜᴀᴛᴇ, ʜᴀᴛᴇ, ʜᴀᴛᴇ
Bᴀʙʏ, I'ᴍ ᴊᴜsᴛ ɢᴏɴɴᴀ sʜᴀᴋᴇ, sʜᴀᴋᴇ, sʜᴀᴋᴇ, sʜᴀᴋᴇ, sʜᴀᴋᴇ
I sʜᴀᴋᴇ ɪᴛ ᴏғғ, I sʜᴀᴋᴇ ɪᴛ ᴏғғ

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2022 9:00 pm
User Image
                                                If I d i e before I w a k e
                                                At least in h e a v e n I can s k a t e

╔════════════════════════════════╗
                                                Syd Barrett
                                                Twelve Years Old - Second Year - Ravenclaw - Halfblood
                                                Member of the Art club - Artist for the Daily Dragon - Keeper Reserve

╚════════════════════════════════╝

Syd rather enjoyed having an outlet for creating comic strips, and he especially liked that he got some attention for the ones that made it into the Daily Dragon. Although he still wasn’t great at creating storylines, however, he managed to produce several really awesome ones with the help of his peers, who were better at the whole plot-making thing. Upon entering the room, he was immediately surrounded by four third years, three of which apparently now holding higher positions within the club. The vibe felt a little tense, but Syd didn’t really care. He just wanted to draw and couldn’t care less about the club’s politics. “Good evening,” he said, greeting Milan, Echo, Daphne and Taylor (all of whom he knew from last year) before filling out the Artist form and handing it in to the Editor in Chief.

Name: Syd Barrett
                                                Year: Second
                                                House: Ravenclaw
                                                Any experience: I like doodling and creating comic strips. I’m not great with creating storylines though. I’ve also gotten more experience and practice by being part of the Daily Dragon and the Art club last year.
                                                Why do you want to be an artist for the Daily Dragon?: I can be useful for the comic strip section and creating them is a past time that I already enjoy
                                                Please produce an example of your work Here you go
                                                This position has a deadline, do you understand and can you abide by the deadlines given?: Yes

'Cause right now on e a r t h I can't do j a c k
                                                Without the m a n up on my b a c k

Cinnabun Gryffie
addaellis

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2022 10:31 pm
User Image
                                              Taylor Olson
                                              Thirteen Years Old - Third Year - Gryffindor - Halfblood

Taylor rolled her eyes at Echo’s comment, landing on Milan’s as he piped up, claiming that he had a third position that he would have to pass over to Daphne instead of her. She was almost sure he had just made that up on the spot to spite her. However, she glanced nervously at her blonde friend, who sported an over-eager expression at the thought of holding a title. Blue eyes glanced back at Milan, who seemed to realize what he had just done and walked over to the board, debating for a moment before printing Taylor’s name next to ‘Managing Photog. Editor”. The Gryffindor blinked for a moment, unsure if he was being serious or not. Part of her expected the Wellbeloves to turn around and yell out “just kidding!!!” in unison as they crossed out her name and humiliated her in front of not only Daphne, but also Syd who had just walked in. On the other hand, Taylor could feel some sort of possible excitement building up inside of her, as if she wanted to hold a title at the Daily Dragon and worked so hard to get there. Never a million years did she think that was even possible with the Wellbeloves running the paper, yet here they were.

Taylor stayed quiet as she continued watching Milan’s next move, which was to put her name under the Fashion Column. Albeit she was third on the list, she still made the list. The brunette was sure he was joking, until he explained that they all needed the experience, and proceeded to place Daphne under General Photography. She looked over at the blonde, who seemed a little disappointed (although very clearly trying to hide it). “Thanks, Daph,” she responded slowly to the congratulations. Taylor felt like she had just been the target of a cruel joke that never ended up happening, but it looked like perhaps, Daphne was the target? Looking back at Milan, she nodded to show she understood where she stood, and walked over to sit with Daphne as they waited for more students to arrive. “Hey,” she whispered, pausing before continuing in a hushed tone. “You okay?”

Cinnabun Gryffie
addaellis

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

addaellis

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 12:08 am

User Image★✩
ECHO ANGHARAD WELLBELOVE

fourth year || Slytherin || halfblood

Friday evening found Milan and Echo Wellbelove setting up the Daily Dragon room for the staff meeting. Echo had brought a platter of cookies from the kitchen and got to the room to find the forms neatly arranged and the typewriters shiny and waiting. Echo joined her brother by a table scrutinizing the layouts for the special issue on the Arts Festival.

”This is a good shot,” she murmured, tapping a photo with the silhouettes of Covert Generation lit up against the fireworks finale. Echo glanced over at some of the other pictures. She recognized many of the selected ones from the set that Taylor took–ugh! Sometimes Olson really did do remarkable work. She glared at a photo that caught the back of a purple dress–Taylor, Echo recognized. Terrible. Wearing a similar outfit was a wonderful complement– showing respect and admiration of another’s style, yes. But the same? Disgusting. Plain. Ridiculous. How it had happened was beyond her.

As the staff members piled in, Echo turned to take charge of collecting any first-meeting pitches so that Milan could concentrate on the last touches of the special issue. ”We already have a special issue on the Arts Festival so not that. But other news or feature ideas are welcome.”

Forms here

setting Daily Dragon first editor meeting, September 2056 || with Daily Dragon Staff
appearance 5'4”, slim || wearing Dark blue-purple dress with white boots and hat.
status Good ideas only please.

Milan ghosted with permission by Gryffie!

”QUOTING”

Anything you can do, I can do better!
I can do anything better than you!
Anything you can be, I can be greater!
Sooner or later I'm greater than you!
✩★
~"Anything You Can Do" by Dionne Warwick from Annie Get Your Gun

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:40 pm
User Image
                                              Taylor Olson
                                              Fourteen Years Old - Fourth Year - Gryffindor - Halfblood

Taylor strutted into the Daily Dragon room, intrigued for the club’s first meeting. Echo had been instructing others on what they couldn’t submit ideas for, which had specifically been any articles on the Art Festival as the girls already had that covered. “They turned out good, huh?” she asked, wiggling her eyebrows up and down at Milan as he looked over the photos that she and Echo had developed from the event. One photo that was missing from the world’s existence was the photo that her mum had taken of the two of them, which Taylor vowed to keep hidden from the public. Firstly, she didn’t want people to think that she and Echo were friends. They were hardly willing to even be colleagues. Second, and arguably a more important reason than the first, was that she would walk in shame if the student body saw them in the same outfit. The embarrassment would cut so deeply that the fourth year had decided to leave her dress at home and only ever wear it in the summertime casually. That dress would never see another event or party.

Taylor dropped her bag onto a seat and sat down in the chair next to it, carefully placing her camera on the table to avoid damaging it. “Oh, by the way, I know you don’t want another article on the Art Festival, but what about Fashion at the Art Festival?” she asked rhetorically as she pulled out an envelope with dozens of photos, smaller in size than those that highlighted the performances and booths. Many festival goers had put together crazy, sometimes cute, outfits to have fun in, and the brunette had seen that weekend as an opportunity to take candid photos of the different looks. “We could even use the one of you,” she suggested, referring to the photo of Echo that had made its way into the pile for the main Art Festival column. After all, there was no viable proof of Taylor wearing the same thing that could be used against them. “What d’ya think?” she asked, dumping the photos out onto the table for display. Taylor then took a form to fill out, giving the other girl some time to look the pictures over and make a decision.

Name: Taylor Olson
                                              Year: Fourth
                                              Any experience: The private school I attended taught us basics of photography, and I’ve played around with my camera a lot. Additionally, I was a photographer for the Daily Dragon the last 3 years and I work on a lot of photography projects for the Art club.
                                              Why do you want to be a photographer for the Daily Dragon?: I am interested in learning to take different type of photos of not only people, but also events, places, and things. After graduation, I want to be a fashion photographer.
                                              Do you have your own camera and means to develop pictures?: Yes

addaellis
Cinnabun Gryffie

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:15 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Zack Knapp
Gryffindor First Year

"What is my role?"

Zack wanted to know what the Daily Dragon was - would they get to fight a dragon every day? Flames and all? He was HYPED - and disappointed when he walked in and saw 3 people inside, and they were talking about fashion? He was a little taken aback, before he realized this was a printing thing. Daily Prophet Daily Dragon - ah he got it. He saw some forms and picked one up at random, before turning it back in. He wasn't sure what they were talking about, he hadn't attended the art festival, he had been taking care of his siblings, being helpful to his mom while he was there. He hoped this issue wouldn't be exclusively about fashion and the art festival, surely there were more things to talk about. He went to an empty. seat, sat down, propped his feat on the table and waited for something interesting to happen.
""

Form
Name: Zack Knapp
Year: First
Any experience: Absolutely none
Why do you want to be a writer for the Daily Dragon?: One day I'll see a fire. I mean a dragon.
Do you have a preferred section?: wherever
Clubs you're affiliated with or informed of: idk I'm joining a lot of them? Quidditch? Some fighting thing, art thing, you get it right?
Do you agree to have your writing reviewed and checked by editors before being published?: Yeah yeah
This position has a deadline, do you understand and can you abide by the deadlines given?: yeah probably

"Mad inventor of course!"

Setting: Daily Dragon
Thoughts: This could go well
Wearing: Tan khakis, brown shoes, light blue top

“”

Clubs (Looking for Clubs!)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items