Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
A Fortuitous Day: Tarot Clutch Touching Open! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DruidTigeress

Sparkly Genius

25,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:39 pm
Yes. We can do it. Riagan thought, warm approval and appreciation flowing though his touch. The task might be immense, but there was nothing that couldn't be done with enough good people and enough effort. He was sure of it. (Though he was still young, and fill of lofty ideals.)

I look forward to seeing you as a dragon. He thought. Whether it was for him or not, he felt like he had an ally at least. I bet you'll do great things.

But they only had a little time left, so he'd better get a move on. Moving back towards the center of the clutch, he rerturned to a bright pink egg in the center of the sands. It was the one he had been heading for before he was distracted by the Emperor Egg, leaning against the very first egg he'd touched. Going over, he rested his hand curiously on the bright pink shell of the Moon Egg.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:15 pm
It is playing a game where it takes care of you and we're all whatever we want to be. Isn't that a nice game? What do you want to be little one?

She could see why the Wheel of Fortune and the Moon were so close to each other. They seemed very complimentary. It was nice. Every egg she'd touched so far reminded Ichta why she liked dragons, even when they should have made her nerves soar.

So much potential and positivity.  

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:35 pm
Amila grinned, stroking the Wheel of Fortune one last time. She was glad it was having fun-- and look, more were coming. A final pat, and Amila moved to another egg, settling by The Fool and gently touching it with a smile, rubbing the shell softly as she croned gently.

"And how are you today, sweetheart?"  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:36 pm
Demanthra knew that her words had been appreciated by the lavender egg, she hoped her future rider would cherish the dear inside. Her mind was now on the judgement egg, feeling the surprise as she greeted it. She wondered if it was not used to being greeted in such a way. Regardless, it was quick to greet her back, which caused her to smile. When it asked if she sane of a better world, her smile became even brighter. Then it spoke about wanting to make the world a better place, where everyone could be their best self. She liked the thought of that a lot, she knew people had so much hidden potential.

Yes, I do indeed sing of a better world, one where everyone can be happy. I lam sure you will be able to make this a wonderful world, with the help of your rider you will have. I have confidence in you and I look forward to seeing what you will be capable of. Each one of us can do our part, even if it is little things, to make a difference. I am going to see a few more of your siblings, so I bid you good-bye for now and will see you on hatching day,she thought brightly to it. With one gentle stroke, she stepped away and looked around. She knew she didn't have much time left, having heard the warning from the candidatemaster's dragon. Her eyes caught sight of a bright blue egg and made her way over. Once there, she placed her hand on the sun egg with a gentle greeting.  

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:15 am
They were coming to the end of their time with the eggs. Oh, dear. It seemed like no time at all, but that was what she got for getting so caught up with her first egg. She would know for next time to keep her conversations shorter, even if it did seem rude to be so very brief. Still, she would heed Siriath's words and not rush...she would just not linger so long.

I'm quite well, thank you, she answered the Empress, smiling at the sort of mental curtsy the dragonet sent before advising, You should rest when you can. It's been an eventful day, and there are even bigger days to prepare for still.

I won't keep you any longer, you need your rest and I need to meet a few more of your siblings. Nadry bid the egg farewell with a polite dip of her head and removed her hand, hoping the young gold would indeed get some rest soon.

Right. Another egg. The Candidate moved to the nearby Tower Egg to rest her hand on its green shell. Good afternoon, she sent pleasantly. Are you well so far today?  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:51 am
The High Priestess Egg was indeed quiet. Quiet and watchful. Cami could understand the feeling. There were moments when she was hunting when she would just stand in silence and wait.. Wait for something to cross her path. Though that almost seemed too sinister for the eggs intentions.

She didn't know what it was looking for, but she stood a moment in the hopes that it would have the chance to see what it wanted to before she moved away.

Next, Cami moved to a dark blue egg that radiated a sense of eagerness. Its shell reminded her of the night sky, and she thought about sleeping under the stars as she touched the shell of the Sun Egg.

---

"I can't wait too." Ened said to the Wheel of Fortune Egg. Now that they'd made it to the Touching and actually met the future babies, the hatching couldn't come soon enough! "I'm glad you've enjoyed it! I'm having an excellent time as well! But I'd better get a move on of I want to meet all of your siblings!"

Right behind the pet blue egg was the large golden Empress that seemed to be presiding over the clutch. Big Sis. She thought, with a chuckle. That is, if it was a gold like everyone seemed to guess.

"Hello. You must be getting tired watching over all these siblings. Did things turn out how you wanted it to in the end?"

DruidTigeress

Sparkly Genius

25,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Protector of Cuteness 150

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:11 am
Rokar almost replied to the Sun Egg when Takarath moved it, he stared, stood back and waited, not wanting to interrupt the father dragon, not that he could have, even if he'd wanted to. He moved instead to the Emperor Egg, bracing himself as he had seen other candidates appear unsettled, well he wasn't unused to negative attention but despite that, he was going to try and pay the respects deserved to each egg, or as many as he could get to, as the candidatemaster declared their time was almost up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mallan's heart swelled and he beamed. "I hope so little one, I hope so" he chuckled, then turned, "I have to leave you now" he said, after the candidatemaster said their time was now limited. He smiled as he walked towards The Judgement Egg laying his hand on it, his mood positive, wondering even, maybe a little more hopeful.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:09 am
Rennati indulged the wheel of fortune egg and stole a minute to pet it's egg. "Yes, you and all of your siblings are very pretty. Your parents had indeed done well. It would take me quite some time to describe everything however, because there's quite a few of you and I don't want your mom getting mad at me for taking any time away from the other candidates to meet you." She gave it a couple more 'pets' before moving on to another egg.

She found herself in front of the emperor egg She had said hi to the empress so why not the emperor? Ren placed her hands lovingly on it's striped shell. "Your shell is quite extraordinary, it's almost like wood grain but with two different colors involved." She wasn't sure if it would know what she meant but that's what it reminded her of! At least when the wood was cut length wise.  

Nilah44

Invisible Regular

Ruhane Chiisai

Clockwork Rodent

21,850 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Battery 500
  • Magical Gems 500
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:51 pm
BastetAmun
For mentions

Farensil stared at the egg as she cut her song short, sighing. "Well, I hope you have a fun rest of the day, either way. Thanks for letting me spend some time with you, either way." She buried her reaction to the snub while she waited until the other candidate; a male, now, wandered up, and waved at him. Nothing seemed appropriate to really say right now, perhaps because she'd been so focused on the eggs she forgot the other candidates were there, except when they shared the shell of an egg with her. She gave Dorianus a smile and a half-bow as she turned over the shell for him, and waved as she headed back for the main nest.

She looked out over the nest curiously for a few moments, deciding to start with the nearest egg she could spot. The large egg was almost imposing, and easily made her think of a bronze and gold in mid-flight, as she approached it. However, it seemed that eggling already had a couple visitors. With the warning fresh in mind, she decided she'd come back when Rennati or Rokar had stepped away to touch another. She skirted around the trio and found the Magician next in her path, smiling as she bent to pet the egg and offer it a greeting. "Hello, little one. you had company when last I looked, but it seems you've some time for a visit now. Are you enjoying your day? Making lots of friends?" She wondered briefly if the egg would like a song as some of its siblings had, but reminded herself that not everyone seemed to appreciate a little ditty.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:08 pm
When the Empress reacted so favorably to his impulsive attempt at cheering her up, Karone felt a pang of regret: firstly, that he had nearly passed her by; secondly, that he was fundamentally ineligible to bond with her. He already knew it was foolish to form an attachment to any particular egg, but at least he’d have a chance with any one of the others!

The greenrider’s call to the Candidates, followed shortly by a draconic voice in his head, spurred Karone back into reality. They will love you, he told the Empress. Be the best you can be, and you’ll see. I’m glad to have met you today, dear lady.

He moved on, carefully clearing his head in preparation for the next hatchling. He laid both palms against the green shell of the Tower egg. He sensed its stability, and felt perhaps it might know what it was looking for already. He opened his mind, silently greeting and inviting the dragonet to explore his thoughts and memories, if it so wished. (Profile link, if needed!)

--------------------------------------------------

Lenix definitely liked the Sun egg best, so far. It might have something in common with him, or it might just be very nice. Either way, he felt relief at not being probed, for once. He would have liked to spend more time with that egg, but it was whisked away by its bronze father. He might have followed after it, but the voice in his head – a dragon, speaking to him! -- had instructed all the candidates to keep moving.

He made his way over to meet the Death egg. Since it had worked well with the last one, he sent this hatchling a scene from one of his daydreams – riding his great white runnerbeast like the wind, charging in to save a damsel in distress. She was in danger of being eaten by a raging feline, and he came upon the scene just in time! The feline was huge, but it was no match for our hero, who fought so skillfully with his sword.

There was a slight tinge of sheepishness in the delivery, knowing most would find his imaginings to be just silliness. But they made him happy. Might they make the hatchling happy, too?  

Teiha

Masterharper
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:42 pm
BastetAmun

The Devil Egg
The Devil wold touch Dorianus back. It would reach out to the other, similarly as it had done before to other Candidates, and its regard was not necessarily good. There was, perhaps, something sinister behind it, something knowing, and something that found Dorianus amusing. Finally, someone interesting. Dorianus has nothing to fear from this egg, no matter the lies of others. Is the Candidate strong enough to defy orders and stay? Doesn't the boy want to stay with the red egg? It was almost a plea, almost a challenge.

DruidTigeress

The Devil Egg
The red egg's pleasure seemed to grow as, once again, there were Candidates prepared to meet it. When Timor touched its shell, the egg seemed to drape over the other, allowing its pleasure wrap around the boy like a hug. Why hello there, the egg seems to say. It is right of Timor to be here, to admire it, to stay. And he will, won't he? Nobody else seems to desire its company for long, nor are they brave enough to defy the gold. Is Timor brave enough? Won't Timor stay? And in its plea, there was a hint of an order, a command.

faesinger

The Star Egg
The Star Egg reached out to Luciand, its touch ever gentle. It was an awfully long day, wasn't it? Though there was pleasure in getting attention, there was also an exhaustion. Perhaps the Star could help Luiciand, though? If the other needed some encouragement, the Star would be happy to give what support it could. Tired as it was, it didn't want Luiciand to feel poorly, either. And so the egg would try its hardest to send happy and cheerful thoughts at the other boy, like a star flickering in the night sky.

DruidTigress

The Moon Egg
The Moon Egg seemed to brighten at the approach of another. The egg seems to greet the other with a flash of color and pleasure. The Moon is glad that Riagan has decided to come forth, and appears to be putting its best side forward. How is he today? Has he had a good time? Does he like the Moon's shell? What is his favorite egg -- and if he's smart he should answer the Moon, or so the egg seems to giggle.

NovaCracker

The Fool Egg
This egg is doing great, excellent, fantastic, wonderful! The excitement within the egg doesn't seem to waver, and instead it hits Amila full force, like a splash of cold water. How is Amila? Well? Perfect? Charmed? Do tell the Fool everything. What is its favorite egg? What is it favorite dragon color? The Fool seems to press hard into the others hand, which might have also been an attempt to roll again. Unfortunately, the small trench Uridith had placed it in earlier held good.

Dea and #Teddy#

The Sun Egg
The Sun was getting awfully tired, but it did its best to hide that from Demanthra. With a renewed flash of brightness, the egg seemed to beam at Demanthra, and wriggled with a renewed burst of energy. Greetings, it seems to say. It is glad to see the other, and seems to lean against the girl, as if taking some comfort. Are you having a brilliant day? The Sun certainly is, and it is glad she stopped by to say hello. It wants to meet everyone so badly! Does Demanthra like the eggs?

DruidTigeress

The Sun Egg
Oh, another one! The Candidates just seem to be endless in their number, but The Sun doesn't mind. Once again, it seems to hide its exhaustion, and instead sends a warm wave of greeting over Cami. Such a pretty picture -- The Sun hopes it can see such a view. Right now, everything is very dark. The Sun doesn't much like the dark -- does Cami? The Egg wonders if it has such glowing spots, as that seems to be a theme among those that touch it. Will everyone be disappointed if it does not?

Revel1984

The Emperor Egg
The large gold seems to stare down Rokar, considering the boy. There is nothing to fear from this egg. Is it really such an intimidating egg? While it definitely demands respect, Rokar should demand the same. Quit skulking and stand tall and proud! You are more than your voice, and more than the taunts of others. Prove it to them, and don't wait for some other creature to lift you from your despair. Rise up, find your strength, and become the greatness you want to achieve!

Nilah44

The Emperor Egg
Rennati's touch seems to please the egg. There is the reverence it was desiring earlier, and it seems to send a burst of contentment over the girl. While the egg doesn't know what woodgrain is, it would never admit such a thing. It is a most beautiful egg, is it not? Why had she waited so long to meet it, hmm? Just saving the best for last, weren't you? Of course, or so says the Emperor, smug and delighted. It is deserving of all the girl's praise, and seems to settle in happily. Do, go on, and tell it of its greatness.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:56 pm
Oh! So friendly, and Amila kept her hand on it's shell, smiling. The exscitement surprised her, but she only jumped mentally a bit.

A favorite egg? Well, why choose favorites? They were all nice -- and color wasn't all too important either. She liked all of the colors she'd seen -- dragons were quite pretty, so The Fool was certain to hatch into a gorgeous young dragon!She had to admit, however -- she liked all creatures -- dragons, whers, firelizards... All were good and welcome, and deserving of a good friend.  

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:01 pm
Luiciand smiled ever so slightly at the star egg’s touch and attempts to send happiness. It did well, but it was obvious that the poor egg was very tired. “It is okay,” He whispered to the egg. “I understand. It has been a long day hasn’t it,” and removed his hand. He very much wanted to stop now. It was so saddening for him to touch the tired eggs and have them try to cheer him up. Really, it was just been a day for them all. But he also didn’t want to slight any more eggs.

He moved around the larger eggs, and stopped at the Fool Egg and crouched down a little before putting his hand on the shell. “You are another adventurer.” Luiciand had a momentary thought for V’mel. With how this touching had gone, how would this clutch behave as weyrlings?  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:03 pm
A blush had formed on Caderyn's cheeks at the eggs words and touch. He was familiar? Famous? Oh dear, he was hoping this egg might not have known about what had happened with the Devil egg. He sputtered some, fumbling over words to say until he sighed some. I suppose I am the famous one. Famous because he had been the first to succumb to the devil egg's seduction. Pushing those thoughts from his mind as the egg seemed pleased with his flattery, It is very pretty. I cannot wait to see you and the rest of your siblings on your hatching day. You must be getting tired and I have some more of your siblings to visit. I hope you rest well. He gave the colorful shell a stroke before lifting his hand.

Caderyn didn't move far as he placed his hand upon the egg next to the one he had just touched. The pretty rose colored shell of the Moon Egg was just as lovely as many of it's siblings and he smiled at the curiosity and excitement he already felt from the egg. I hope you are enjoying the touching and not getting too worn out.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

A chuckle escaped Dorianus' lips as he felt the egg trying to sway him. His roommate, Caderyn, may have been weak to this but he was not. While I wouldn't mind spending some time with you there are others I have to see. I am not afraid of you little one. Another chuckle again. Defying orders when it is not a death wish perhaps, but I will not risk the ire of your golden mother. You will have your time at the hatching day and I will enjoy seeing you shine. He stood up, not giving the egg another chance to speak to him. His eyes moved to Timor, the other boy who had joined him at the egg. He nodded to him, as he had the girl who had been here before him, and then moved on.

His eyes scanned the clutch, noting a lovely lavender egg that he could not seem to get a feel for. He moved through the others towards it, his hand placed softly against the shell of the High Priestess Egg as he formulated his words. Hello. I hope you have been having a good day. I hope you are not too tired, if you wish for me to leave you to rest, I can. He felt courtesy was needed, he was sure the eggs were beginning to get tired from the excitement.  

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:36 pm
Despite the sun egg's best effort, Demanthra had caught a hint of its exhaustion. She couldn't blame it, she had a feeling this was why they had been warned that they should start wrapping it up. The little ones inside these eggs were surely all getting tired, after all the attention they had been getting today. However, a soft smile came to her lips as the occupant of this bright blue egg seemed to have a burst of energy at her touch. It seemed that it wanted to put it's best self forward for them, despite how it was feeling. She knew that feeling all too well, considering she was usually pretty good at hiding any negative feelings. She listened to it speak, while also feeling it lean against her for comfort, which she did in the form of lightly patting its egg.

I am glad to see you as well, though it is okay to be tired, if you are. I am having a wonderful day, I have enjoyed getting to talk to you and some of your siblings. I do very much like all of you and soon you can meet us officially. You will have so much you will get to see and experience. I am glad I got to come say hello too and I look forward to seeing you hatch. I am going to go next door to see your sibling, so I will see you on hatching day. Do try to rest when you get a chance,she answered as brightly as it had done for her. She gently brought her hand up to kiss it, before placing that hand on the blue egg. Then she moved over and greeted the star egg.  
[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff