Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply Character Pages & Journals
[J] Pach's Crew Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 54 55 56 57 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:50 pm
LandingVeticaShanalothVetica's RPsImportant MemoriesArt

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:52 pm

Voice Actor
Name: Vetica
Sex: Female
Sexual Orientation: Desperate for physical affection but will never ask for it
Weyr: Western Weyr
Rider Rank: Wingrider
Previous Rank/Craft: Drudge
Physical Description: Vetica can be hard for some people to look at. While strong shouldered and obviously more than capable of holding her own, she has a half-glasgow-smile scar across her face that has semi-healed over time, and has several burns that are still healing across her body. There are also signs she was mauled by a hatchling and is missing part of an ear. She has medium dark skin and dark hair.
Personality: Life is hard and people suck. Vetica is extremely jaded, keeping most who meet her at arm's length. Yet like a tsundere cat, she's always lingering at the edge of most gatherings, listening aptly and sometimes seeming like she wants to join in, but always keeping herself just on the border of actually doing so. Yes, no, yes, pay attention to me, don't look at me, but I want to spend time with you, but DON'T TALK TO ME. It's a careful dance and she's extremely good at it. This protective way seems to extend past her personality, and those who fall into her net of tangential care (but she doesn't actually care about you, b-baka) will always be safe.

Vetica will never start a conversation, and most times she won't even participate in one started with her, choosing instead to just look at people strangely when they start. For those willing to talk to what can essentially be a wall, she won't push you away. In fact, she's become a secret pit and may know a lot more about people who think she simply isn't chatty than she lets on. Those who do get the opportunity to speak with the woman, however, will find she's extremely well spoken and well read. Spark her interest and she'll give you a wealth of knowledge. Unfortunately, her interests are buried perhaps deeper than the core of the earth and she's not about to offer up any treasure maps to them.

This young woman is very good at following instructions when they are given and seems to have a sharp mind, capable of picking up most tasks sent her way with relative quickness. Most of these tasks, outside of wing drills, tend to be self-motivated. But nobody ever has to give her the get-up-and-go (likely because she wants you to talk to her, but don't talk to her, and don't even start with nagging).
Positive Trait List Sharp Mind, Self Motivated, Protective
Negative Trait List Jaded, Antisocial, Attention-starved
History: Vetica seems to have just appeared one day. One of the drudges at Western found her sort of just...there....and she never really offered up any answers to any of the questions posed to the girl - who was already covered in burns and had a somewhat disfigured AND untreated face. Barely 10 or 11, she didn't speak and outside of her adoptive Drudge-mother, didn't take to interacting with anybody. To the point where most just assumed her dumb and deaf, as even the worst of childlike bullying couldn't get a rise out of the girl.

And frankly, nobody was really expecting her to be a rider, despite her somewhat 'default' candidacy. While she tangentially showed interest in dragons, she mostly seemed to not care. At 15, never the less, she chose to stand with the rest of the Weyrbrats - perhaps out of some strange sense of camaraderie or an attempt to be one of them. A little blue, desperate to find theirs, clambered both over and practically thru her, savaging her shoulder and back.

Off on the side of the sands she watched as a delicate little green hatched, practically tripping over herself as she moved through the candidates, keeling at all of them. No, no. Not you. They all seemed to sad and so stressed and so nervous. She walked, back and forth, continuing to sound out so sadly that whispers in the stands begun; She's going to between.

Where did you go? Didn't you need me? Mine? Mine! I know you need me to hold you! Please! Where did you go?

The little green seemed to call out to all, yet as every candidate held true to their training (do not touch the hatchlings), Vetica found herself pulling from the healer and walking back out into the sands. The dragonet hadn't called to her specifically - the muttering made it so clear and obvious that everybody had heard it - yet something just pulled at the knot of feelings inside of her. "I'm here." she didn't have to shout - the very act of speaking perhaps surprising as she'd been assumed mute. The little green's head whirled towards her. "Please...please I..." she dropped to her knees, holding her arms open.

I do want you to hold me.

And it seemed that was all that was needed. The tiny green nearly sprinted from her spot, carefully nudging through all of the candidates in the way to lean herself against the injured young woman.

There, there. I knew you'd find me. You couldn't stay away - and you needed me the most. Even if all hope should wither, your Shanaloth will always be by your side.

It was an impression to heal a perhaps broken spirit, though for Vetica it seemed her quiet sensitivities hardened as she found that her dear, sweet, Shanaloth's emotional support in turn needed, perhaps, someone to keep her from being taken advantage of. The return of thread, however, made the quiet supportive shoulder of the green ever needed by those in the Weyr - even if Vetica was never far behind. Not that she needs you to acknowledge she's here.

Other: Shanaloth is a sucker. An absolute sucker.  

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:53 pm

Voice Actor
Name: Shanaloth
Color: Green
Size: 19'
Physical Description: Shanaloth's presence is small and meek, from how she holds herself, to her slender proportions. Some may think her so delicate that fighting thread should break her, yet she holds surprising strength to the contrary.
Personality: I will remain by your side. May it ease your journey. Shanaloth has no delusions that the world can and is a harsh place to be, but rather than sugar coat things, she accepts it as it is and helps you find the next step. When things are especially tough, she will offer a quiet (sometimes literal) shoulder and allow you to find rest and comfort in her until you find your feet again.

And she will allow you to stay at her side as long as you need her there. She will only offer words if she has not been rebuked in doing so, and only in the lowest of voices. There is no shouting or talking over others for this green! Nor is there starting conversations - at least not verbally. Those who seem in need of comfort will find her waiting with baited breath and open wings to be exactly what you need - even if it may seem fake at times.

For all she has to give, it is rare that Shanaloth will try to take in turn. Those eager to take advantage of her giving nature will find a sucker every time and it is often Hers that chases off those they find doing her more harm than good - even if she may find herself seeking them out again because what if they'd really needed her. She is nearly desperate to be of help at times, after all, and cannot (or will not) hold grudge or mean thought against others.
Dragon Art or Proof of Obtainment: Nameday wish!  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:54 pm

TITLE|WHO WITH

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:57 pm

Quote:

Impression Post

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:58 pm

[Art goes here]

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:01 pm

Character Pages & Journals

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 54 55 56 57 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games