Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
The Spooky Clutch Touching: Trick or Treat! Open! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 21 22 23 24 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sinders Path

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:01 am
Roana raised a brow at the strong pulse she felt from The hunter egg. So a dragon knew its duty to protect pern and its life against thread. She noted, with some surprise it even knew about her beloved Rivercrest before it had seen anything but the inside of it's shell. "You know little one, Rivercrest is one of the holds that this weyr protects, you can't not defend it just because some of its people upset you." she began in reasonable tones.

She was forced to pause as the Banshee set up it's piteous wail and her chest tightened in sympathy. It reminded her of the time her little brother had been born, only a few days old and all his aunts and uncles had come to visit the newborn. Naturally they had all wanted to hold the baby and it had just been too much for the little sprout, he had cried and cried at every strangers touch till her mother relented and took him back to her breast. Predictably the same thing happened as the Banshee, the gold lumbered across to scoop up the small egg and bare it away.

But another egg was broadcasting noise as well. it was not reflecting the same distress but it was loud. She pulled her hands away from the hunter and put them over her ears but it didn't help. The sound still rattled inside her very skull. She had never thought eggs had so much to say for themselves. Roana stood beside the hunter for another minute marveling at everything going on, but that slowly started to turn to irritation, even a twinge of anger. Even though she didn't know why. She was used to the feeling, having rather the temper herself but now there was no real reason for it. Then she realized she was picking up the anger from one of the eggs.

Her eyes scanned the sands till they landed on the bright shell of the The Frankenstein egg. Gathering herself up she marched across the sands and put her hand to the eggs shell, she quickly got the source of it's complaint. "Oi," she told the egg with a bit of her old rivercrest twang creeping in. "That small eggs been taken away and comforted by your mama and no one here would dare hurt one of your siblings, now calm down, your anger is getting to me and I don't want it effecting my first impressions on the other eggs. Thats likely to make more of them upset. If you know what to do in there, tell me. I'lll get it done, if not, pipe down and let your mother and the candidate master deal with it." the little talk had been laced with more irritation than she really felt but that was the eggs own doing.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:20 am
Lissa

Thrown back mentally and physically by the egg's anger, Lissa stared in wide-eyed shock at the egg. And even as she sat there dumbly, she could feel that anger affecting her as tears popped into her eyes. She wanted to do nothing more than shout at the egg for jumping to conclusions. As if she would ever actually hit a baby of any sort! She wanted to protect babies and young critters, not hurt them!

Really, dolphins never went into tizzies like this.

Rolling to her feet with angry tears pouring from her eyes, she left the egg to be soothed by the other candidates and slumped over to the next egg, feeling deep in her heart that all this as simply proof that she shouldn't be here. Slumping down into the sands, she glanced at the egg she was close to and with an effort, tried to get her emotions under control. No one needed anymore upset. With an internal flinch, she placed her hand on the shell of the Angel egg. She could sense it judging her and that was fine. Besides, she was already judging herself far more harshly than it ever could.

"I'm very sorry to bother you, but I don't think they'd let me leave the sands if I tried to walk off. I would never try to actually hurt anyone, you know? Sooner get hurt myself," she muttered, the fingers of her free hand once again tracing the scar that wherry claws had made when she'd so ill-advisedly rushed to protect one of her dolphins alone. "I'm sorry, you must think I'm terrible."

-------------------

Esfir

The suddenly silence from the Werewolf egg caught Esfir off guard. Reaching out uncertainly, she gave the egg a small pat. Feeling that the egg would appreciate her more for her absence, the girl sighed.

"I'm sorry if I spoiled your fun, little one."

Moving through the eggs, she winced at the anger rolling off of one of them and wondered if all Touchings were like this. Casting around for a moment, she decided to go pay the Ghoul egg a visit. Placing a careful hand on the shell, she opened herself up to the dragon inside and offered a smile.

"Hello, little one. I'm not bothering you, am I?"

eldritch stardust

Kawaii Prophet

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:36 am
Taken with a grain of salt, indeed.  Advice Dezerac would follow going forward, and something he hadn't needed to be told in a very long time.  He'd once been used to rejection, to being a disappointment, but hadn't experienced or truly felt it in Turns.  He'd built up walls against it, deliberately made himself into someone who, at the very least, commanded respect, if not want or even fear.  Anything but dismissal, anything but powerless. Thank you for your time, he told the Vampire, And for the chance to show you I'm more.

Another bow, and he separated himself from the egg to make his way to another, curling his lip at the Hunter Egg as he passed.  He then put it out of his mind as he touched the Demon Egg, opening himself to it.  In all that he had, all that he was, would there be something it wanted, something it needed?

------

It would take more time than we have today to tell you all my secrets, Akaris told the Demon with a playfully teasing undertone, But I suppose there's time for one... Rather than use words, the young woman gave her story in image and feeling: a valuable jeweled necklace on one of her wealthier clients, flashing green in candlelight; a rival girl stealing the client away from her; Akaris creeping in while they slept to take  the necklace and leave the other girl with the blame and a ruined reputation; that necklace in the bottom of her trunk even now, never worn, the only thing she'd ever stolen. Do you have any secrets of your own, or do you simply collect them?

And how many had it collected already, from Candidates eager to woo it?  How many secrets and dreams spilled out, with little to no effort required on the Demon's part?  What must it be like to be so adored, so wanted, that all it had to do was ask?

------

"Well, alright then.  We'll go." Rio conceded, dejected, with one last little pat for the Werewolf.  He'd been having such fun, thought he'd made a friend, and suddenly he'd been shut out.  It was hurtful.  He wanted to try to smooth things over with the dark egg, cheer it up, encourage it to express itself - just, perhaps, without hurting anyone - but it was clear that it wanted nothing to do with him right now. "Maybe if you're feeling better later, I'll come back."

With a sad smile and shake of his head for the other Candidates at the Werewolf Egg, he shifted over to the Hellhound and did his best to give it the bright greeting it deserved, although there was a little edge of sadness to his thoughts that he couldn't help. Hello!  You're a lovely one, too - why, you almost glow!  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:40 am
Sadness, indignation, and anger radiated from the little egg that felt as it had been wronged. Someone had left it? Amra had watched three candidates break from it just as she'd laid her hand to it. Although she had believed they were finished it looked as though the little Ghoul had other ideas.

"How dare he leave before you had your fill." Hunger was coming off this little egg in waves. She couldn't feed it but she could show it just what food looked like? "I have something for you, if you like?"

Closing her eyes and doing her best to open herself up completely, she drew pictures deliberately from her Room. Food had been good at the Courtesan Hall and though food did not drive her completely she had very fond memories and descriptions she could share. Roasted root vegetables that gleamed in a reduction sauce, soft biscuits peppered with bits of cheese and herbs, spiced wherrie steak that had been cooked just enough, and her favorite had always been mashed tubers with gravy and pepper. Amra let each image stay in the forefront of her mind for just a moment before changing it, certain that she might have to stop suddenly and hold an image or description if the egg wanted her to.

"There is so much food out here waiting for you, but you have to grow up big and strong inside this shell first or you'll never get any of it." Her voice was calm as she ran her palm across the smooth surface, suddenly even a little hungry herself. Given how upset it had been when the others left she decided to risk possible punishment by staying just a bit longer with the little one, once it had it's fill she would move on, but she dare not make it even angrier.

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:57 am
Serfie yanked her hand away at the flinching from the Banshee, well she hadn't meant to make it feel bad, but others seemed to have been doing the softly softly approach without much success, she'd only meant well after all.

She froze when Vimiath moved her head to look.....directly at her ... she let out a slight whimper, this was the end.... she was on the verge of needing new pants when Vimiath moved the egg.... phew... she wasn't going to be eaten ... that was a close call though, she almost had to leave the eggs to change.

Oh she was more than happy to leave the Banshee egg alone with it's mother, for sure, she wasn't about to go near it again... She shuddered, shaking the thoughts from her head, Banshee had left her fearing death more than normal for a moment. She decided to move further away from the eggs than she fully planned her route originally, moving to the Hunter Egg far away on the other side of the hatching Sands

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Farellen lingered a little longer at Vampire, before moving on, he needed to try and get to every egg, he felt uncomfortable with the idea he might miss any, it made him itch, he absentmindedly rubbed the back of his neck, not entirely sure how he felt about the fact Vampire found him... funny.

From Vampire, Farellen moved and touched the Mummy Egg which was next in the logical order in his mind and laying his hand on the egg, almost caressing it.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:10 am
Alya

Oh... Oh no! One moment, the Werewolf Egg had been howling so joyously-- and the next.... It had fallen silent with a sullenness that made Alya bite her lip, torn between amusement at the dramatics and sorrow that the little one's fun had been cut short. A careful eye lingered on Vimiath moved one of the eggs away, and she gave the dark shell under her hand a few more pets. "I'm sorry. Maybe we can play again, when you feel like it?" She whispered.

Soon, she moved to the Goblin Egg, resting her hand upon its shell. "Hello!" She whispered cheerfully.

Iathe

The unexpected approval of the dragon inside filled her with a rush of warmth, and Iathe's lips twitched into a smile. Silently thanking the Angel Egg, she took her leave, pulling her hand back. It was strange, to feel reassured of her goal, but she felt as though she would walk a little taller now.

The anger of one of the nearby eggs was enough to make her blink, surprised she could feel such a thing radiating so strongly. Iathe didn't hesitate, moving forward to gently lay her hand upon the Frankenstein Egg. She'd caught the tail end of the nearby girl's complaint, her eyes narrowing critically. "This isn't just about you." She said, her tone caustic, before she focused her full attention on the egg so she wouldn't lash out further. She was already short-tempered as it was, but her anger was colored from the sensations radiating from the brightly colored shell. Wherry of a girl, thinking the dragon cared one bit about her meeting the other eggs!

No one will hurt your siblings. If they even try, I'll wring their necks myself!

Alright, so maybe she wanted to lash out a little bit.

Sinders Path
Whoops, Iathe is cranky, sorry!

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:07 am
"Hello!" Jailla smiled at the response gotten from the Siren egg. This one was much nicer than the last. She sent the egg feelings and ideas she'd had--ideas about the night sky, feelings about friendships and Phayton, who'd been so kind to her.

She stayed at the Siren Egg for the moment.

~~~

"This one's nice," Marinel said, then, studying the egg he'd been led to. "The last one felt like it needed a nap, it was cute!" He laid a hand on The Mummy Egg and tried sharing welcoming thoughts with it.

"It's nice to meet you," he said. "I'm Marinel."  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:14 am
Henwas the roar he felt from the egg caused him to jerk his hand back. His eyes watching the shell as he drew his hand close to him. He didn't bother to look at the others that were around the egg as well to see what was going on. It was clear that his presence had not helped the egg to feel any better about anything that had been going on. Almost instantly, Henwas wondered if what he had been doing with his life was the right choice, though it wasn't all his fault, he hadn't been reared with love, he had been a pawn to be used in a game of chess and once he had broken away from that, it was easier to become the one to control the pawns then any others. How his father had managed to impress such a sweet blue, Henwas would never understand, but he did begin to doubt his presence here, for the first time in his life, and it caused him to pause, just standing there stupidly before he slipped away towards the edges of the eggs. He wasn't ready to give up, that was one thing he would never do, so he approached another egg, placing a very shaky hand upon the shell of the Wraith Egg

Huarwar felt the eggs purr slip into him in a slightly terrifying way. There was a comfort to it as well, but he remained slightly wary of the power that was behind the egg, the power to envelop him completely. He did not draw away though, instead he listened to what the egg was asking of him, all the while making sure not to lose himself to the Demon Egg as he kept his hand upon it's shell. My wishes and desires? He had never really thought about them, though in his mind the image of a girl flashed and he pushed that away. I want to be happy, to be stronger so that my brother can...can be nicer and not have to try and protect me with violence. I want to escape the shadows that have been placed upon me by my father and brother.. He paused again, nodding his head. And a little power...would be nice, but not to use against anyone.  

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100

Mewsings of An Angel

Excitable Anubutt

16,725 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:27 am
A terrible feeling washed over Kieza as she brushed the vibrant egg and the feeling practically roared in her head. It was such an angry presence that for a moment Kieza hesitated to keep contact with it. But her brow furrowed as she let her hand rest over the pink surface. The rage rolled over her and she gulped as she steadied herself, nearly falling over as she finally loosed her grip on the egg, her knees shaking for just a moment as she breathed in and let out a heavy and long sigh. The girl did not allow herself to judge the dragon that grew in the egg, for the feeling was angry... yet she knew... there was a sort of protective edge to it. It's siblings needed it's protection. Peace, little one... I promise I will not harm any of your wonderful siblings. She gave a baleful look at the lovely yellow and pink egg before turning away.

Her movements as she moved away from the bright egg were heavy - she felt a little solemn at the anger that echoed from the egg. Such a small one and such a giant angry feeling. It was odd and a touch saddening, for Kieza always imagined them to be happier. But she also knew they were as varied as the shells of the eggs that bore them.

She picked her way through to the next egg, or rather eggs as two laid next to each other. Smiling, she let herself breathe out the sorrow and allow a happy feeling to wash over her before touching the Ghoul Egg with her fingertips and then the rest of her hand. Hello, beautiful one! Please come and say hello, won't you? Your egg is so radiant! It was hard not to touch the egg next to it, but Kieza made sure to focus her thoughts only on the one she currently touched, giving it her undivided attention - there was time plenty to touch it's companion egg.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:11 am

demon_pachabel

Hellhound Egg

Everything was interesting, right now. Tense. There were a lot of things going on, and it needed to be ready for anything. Something was wrong with Werewolf, too. It wanted to console its siblings, but wasn't sure where to start.

-_Wish of Tevarae_-

Djinn Egg

It always enjoyed itself. It was having a grand old time even now as the cards started to fall. Everything had been so very dull before the Candidates had shown up. It was smugly aware of its own popularity, and ready to tell her so, too.

Avid_RPer18

Goblin Egg

Ha! If she wanted to see an exciting day, she should just wait until they hatched. Speaking of which, it was ready to do that right now. Perhaps she'd be willing to help roll it to an early hatch date?

ChaosTheories

Gargoyle Egg

True, too much drama was not a good thing. But of course, the Gargoyle didn't even like too much of what most people seemed to enjoy.

Ryala

Siren Egg

Hello, dearie! The Siren had been hoping for another visitor, and such a lovely young lady, too! Don't be alarmed by the Siren's siblings. They are, after all, only still in their eggs. Now, please tell it all about yourself.

smolderingskies

Hellhound Egg

The urge to howl was strong, for the Hellhound wanted to comfort its siblings. However, it was interested in the hands that touched it now. This one had been touching the Werewolf, who was the very best. It did, it did like to be touched. Was it glowing?

Angel Egg

A thick sense of disgust permeated the air as Dharzol touched the Angel egg. Did he know nothing of faithfulness? And what of his lovers, some of whom did not know of his... indiscretions? Someone who had no concept of loyalty, and who could not be truthful, did not belong anywhere near the Angel. Away with you, deceiver.

And kindly keep your... corruption to yourself. If he thought that it was going to keep his dirty secrets, he was quite mistaken.

~Kiana_Nala~

Hellhound Egg

Instantly protective, the Hellhound let a wash of reassurance pass over Miach. It was not going to let anyone hurt her. Don't worry. It knew that its sibling, the Banshee, was quite sensitive. She had tried her best, and it would turn out okay. Just wait and see. It was very, very good at waiting. Perhaps she might join it?

... It... didn't know what it liked. Howling? Attention? To have things to watch over?

DaisyMilk

Angel Egg

No, she was not wasting her time. Be calm. Take a deep breath. The Frankenstein's Monster egg was simply responding to what had occurred before, and in time its anger would burn out. It was not because of her, after all. Why would the Angel think that she was terrible? Someone who allowed herself to be wounded protecting another was someone it wanted to better know.

Meepfur

Hellhound Egg

This was not the first time that someone had said it was glowing. Or almost glowing. That wasn't a very good quality in an egg that wanted to blend in so that it could protect all. The Candidate had just been touching the Werewolf, though, so the Hellhound's interest shifted to him, attempting to get a feel for the young man.

Tsunake

WAS IT TIME TO BE LOUD? the Goblin asked, trembling in place with excitement and a need to get a move on. The Goblin wanted to cause mischief, with a capital M, and maybe Ayla was just the one to aid it. Just roll its egg a little, would you? One little push.

Thaliawen

Siren Egg

The egg gave the impression of a giggle, listening to her thoughts about boys, about the sky, about everything. Oh, to be out where it could be enjoying life to the fullest. Siiiiiiigh~ <3

But maybe not with boys. It wanted to spend some more time with girls, instead. Boys were nice and all, but girls were even better.

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

Aukai Oceansoul

Springtime Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:23 am
Damon marched obediantly onto the warm sand of the hatching ground. He felt somehow almost naked in his candidate white, like he was being presented to the ancient dragons of old for dinner, but somehow he thought in that scenario his feet would not be sweating this bad.

He had listened well to the lecture to the candidates and wondered who on earth had tried to mess with dragon eggs before, that was a sure way to enrage the queen who he wouldn't blame for flattening the offender into the sand. He shook his head and looked expectantly and eagerly at the clutch.

This was arguably the most exciting day of his life since his birth. His dark skin shone in the light as if he himself were glowing from within. Might his future partner be out here? Oh what fun they would have! He breathed deeply of the unique sent of hot sand and watchful dragon mother. This was were he was meant to be at this moment!

Now the question remained...which egg to approach first? That big red one surely, the little cresent as well but well, sometimes it was good to go out of character maybe he would start with the shimmery fancy one. He tilted his head at the Siren Egg and approached it first. He slowly reached out a hand which was shaking slightly not with fear but with the monumental impact on his life of what he was about to do.

He had never touched a shell before, and as his hand formed around the warm hard calcium formation designed to protect the precious form within he gasped. Now what was one supposed to do? Yes, think at the egg.

"Welcome to Pern little one, I'm sure you will be a fine addition to the skies, no doubt one of the most glorious of dragons." He grinned feeling a little foolish perhaps, unsure of exactly what to expect back but more elated at anything. He was in the presence of something great and he knew it.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:34 am
Lennik

And then his little friend was whisked away. For a moment Lennik let the feeling of lost company settle. It was short lived, however, as a burst of emotion roared up from the yellow egg that still lingered. While others had already moved to try and quell the anger, Lennik placed both hands on the surface of The Frankenstein Egg, braced to accept the anger that rolled off of it.

Anger was a feeling he was more familiar with, his own easily beginning to roll at the urging of this child. Yet he forced himself to remain in control of it. It's OK to be angry. Be angry with purpose. I have done what I can for your friend and it was doing better when your mother took it.

---

Martirae

Ah, so all the fun was turning into one of those piles. Martirae understood.

Start with what is closest. Your black shelled friend is upset, so that's the best place. One at a time. Too big of a task suited her fine, but in this instance...she could give some advice.  

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:34 am
Oh, you don't like that you're bright? Rio queried with clear concern. That's not a bad thing to be, it's just a part of who you are, and every bit as beautiful as the rest of you. Not that he knew the Hellhound well, but it was obviously a good sort, if it so wanted to protect others.  And that was a beautiful, noble cause! In any case, it may only be temporary - perhaps your hide is more subtle than your shell?  But take heart!  You can still be a protector even if you stand out; how you look isn't what defines you, it's just...just dressing!  It's fine to be lovely, or glowing, or dark, but it's better to have a good heart, and do right by yourself and others.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:44 am
Ryala

Oh, this one seemed welcoming! Allowing her fingers to lightly caress the pale rainbow on the Siren egg's pink shell, Ryala opened herself to the being hidden within. Sharing memories of her time at the Harper Hall, with the main focus on the music and her own singing, she thanked it for helping to calm her. Perhaps, one day, she would be able to soothe the hatchling with a melody.  

Ryala

Blessed Mage

~Kiana_Nala~

Romantic Raider

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:55 am
Miach (HR)

Miach closed her eyes briefly at the response she received from the Hellhound Egg. A smile pulled at her lips as she opened her eyes again and looked at the egg. "Thank you." She told it softly, gently rubbing it as if to return the feelings. Miach still worried for the Banshee Egg but tried to keep in mind that it's mother would ensure that the egg calmed and could continue meeting the candidates and meet its lifemate. She paused for a moment as she contemplated what to say to the egg. Trying to figure out what it might like. "M-m-maybe I can t-tell you something I--I like, and you can wiggle if you do too?" Miach asked the egg. It seemed like a good way to get to know it.

She took a deep, steadying breath as she moved her thumb in a back and forth motion over the egg. "I like listening to the water trickling in the brook by my grandfather's home." Miach began, imaging the days where she hadn't been required to use the stream to cleanup after hunting for her grandfather--a task she did not enjoy. A smile stayed on her lips at the thought of the way the sun sparkled off the water and the gentle sounds it made as it carried down the valley. "Mmm. There's a lot of things out here to like." She said, trying to think of other things she enjoyed that she could share with the egg. "I love being able to help others." Miach admitted."I hope to become a dragonhealer one day."

[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 21 22 23 24 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games