Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] Western Weyr
[ORP] Fright Night - Spooky Clutch Hatching Feast - Open Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:07 pm
Candidate Rinis

Rinis stayed quiet until he mentioned wrestling a wild cat. Her eyes went wide. "Like a feral feline? How did you survive?" She knew the tame ones could be dangerous, but a wild one? It was amazing he was still here to impress his dragon. "Don't do anything too dangerous," she gave a soft smile and nodded toward his dragon. "You have him to think about now too." Not that the life of a rider was safe now with thread falling.

"Mmmm," Rinis glanced toward the dancing floor with a slow nod. "All those eyes upon you. Though...... it doesn't look like it's bother them much." She stifled her giggled as the weyrlings took the floor.

Vosin and Killakeeth

Vos didn't give the boy much of a chance to reply. She grabbed a hand and headed off toward the dragon filled dancing floor with Mari in tow. One little dance wasn't too much to ask was it? Perhaps some of the brown or bronze riders would step up if they saw her dancing with a candidate.

Killakeeth rumbled her amusement at the weyrlings who joined the dance floor. If only she could still fit she would have joined them. So it would have to be her rider who went out onto the dance floor for them. Still her tail tip twitched back and forth as she watched. These weyrlings were shaping to promise her much amusement for the future. The gold was delighted.

Smerdle
O'len/ Aleyath with Rinis

Thaliawen
Mari with Vosin

ShinosBee
Vosin's stealing Mari for a dance. >.>

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:52 pm
BastetAmun

”Masterharper”

Sarcoth regarded Cedarian throughout their exchange, his sharp gaze noting the slight shifts in expression and tucking that information away for later. His memory was excellent – had to be, to facilitate his intelligence – and it was rather interesting to him that Cedarian seemed to be associate material for His. Discerning, respectable... he would be a decent colleague. Of course, Sarcoth preferred G'ryl to anyone else but he could at least recognize opportunity as it arose.

When Cedarian looked to Sarcoth for permission, the brown nodded, eyes whirling a happy colour as he stood, leaning in to provide support to G'ryl as they made their way.

G'ryl was a stubborn sort as he hobbled along, making it about halfway with the help of his dragon before the strain forced him to lean on Cedarian. There was something driving him to offer his condolences and even though he was obviously exerting himself to do so, he shook his head and grit his teeth, silently accepting Cedarian's assistance for the last bit of travel.

Mine, do not hurt yourself further... It was less of a question and more of an order as the brown nuzzled his rider with concern.

“I won't,” He replied, softly, distractedly. His life had changed this day... change in fundamental ways that had dangled literally between death and life. Because of Sarcoth, he was alive here and now to sweat and stumble as a rock shifted beneath his foot, the spasm of pain making him gasp through gritted teeth. Because of you, I am alive... by seconds. Because of you, we are both alive... would you have found another, on those sands?

The brown snorted at the question, head raised high, Never. Only you were good enough, only you are Mine. I would have found you Between.

Right. And that moment, that difference and seconds... G'ryl's gaze remained fixed straight ahead, at the bonfire they could see flickering in the night.

Sarcoth rumbled, the sound a surprisingly serious one. His didn't need to use words for him to understand... G'ryl felt that razor's edge of difference keenly and was mourning for the loss, not just for someone's brother, but a dragon's rider, for the potential, for the knowledge and ties well beyond that. And he felt, keenly, that had life followed a different path, this would be his bonfire.

The light that warmed his face found features schooled into something impassive, neutral... controlled. It was with a quiet thank-you that G'ryl stood himself up properly and walked, or walked as well as one could given his injuries, to approach Huarwar directly. Others were providing their condolences and, for once, he ignored what they might think.

Sarcoth padded at his side, the firelight catching his ruddy hide to make it seem as if the dragonet were illuminated from within.

“Huarwar,” G'ryl spoke, voice level, “You have my condolences. I am truly sorry for your loss, for the Weyr's loss. I will not forget today.” Sarcoth looked up, keening softly in echo of G'ryl's sentiments, as the new brownrider reached up, paused awkwardly, and then settled a hand on Huarwar's shoulder for a moment before he nodded and found Cedarian's gaze.

G'ryl's expression was serious, almost cold, but it was impossible to hide the sweep of emotions tumbling through him from his eyes. This was someone with a great weight upon their shoulders and no idea how to express it. “Thank-you. I am sorry, I must be keeping you from the others... please, don't let me dominate your time.”

Logic dictated that G'ryl was, indeed, consuming much of Cedarian's time and with as fine and upstanding an individual as he was, surely there would be other acquaintances who wished to share their time with him. The answer was simple, limit his exposure so as to, hopefully, spark another moment of appreciation and allow the other an escape if he so desired – Sarcoth knew G'ryl was in need of private space.

SkieBorne

Dapper Gekko

6,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Entrepreneur 150

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:15 am
"Perhaps," she allowed, with a noncommittal tilt of her head.  Stay, or go?  It kept coming back to that, and she didn't have an answer.  Big decisions had always been difficult for her, and this one seemed bigger than any other.  So, naturally, she decided not to think about it for now.  She'd rather dance with Rylyrr, and feel somewhere in the realm of normal.

"We can always find a different subject, if you'd rather.  I'm sure we could think of something." She did have to admit to some curiosity as far as 'normal' families went, having had a rather unconventional upbringing herself.  She easn't jealous by any means, but what must it be like?  Akaris accepted his hand when it was offered, resting long fingers in his. "Seven?  That's so many!  Are they all as tall as you?" His poor mother, if all her children were such strapping specimens!

Shaddaling

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:35 pm
Vennodren watched as Seirath darted off to the dance floor and thanked his lucky stars that Nzambith was more interested in food than dancing. It wasn't as though he didn't enjoy it himself - he was quite fond of it, actually - but after the events of today he was exhausted and wasn't sure he had the mental capacity to do so. Right now all he wanted was to relax, eat, and ensure his new companion was happy. It seemed that she was quite content to be fed scraps off his plate, her head resting ponderously on his thigh, green eyes staring up at him expectantly. They looked so incredibly bright against the almost black markings that encircled them, helping them to stand out against her green hide.

"Oh, I'm sure it will never fade," he said fondly, reaching down to stroke Nzambith's head after dangling another bit of meat in front of her nose which she happily gobbled up. "Perhaps only grow in time. Your Seirath is quite the social one, isn't she?" he added with a wry chuckle. It seemed that the other green rider and her bonded were similar to his and in his own in the way that opposites attracted. Amra was rather stoic from what he had seen of her during their studies and on the Sands they had booth stood upon together, but Seirath was eager to shower praise on others and soak up attention.

"I believe Seirath hatched from that wonderful rainbow egg, didn't she? I didn't get a chance to meet her before she emerged thanks to the rather...eventful Hatching. I didn't get to Nzambith, either," he added just as he was nudged.

Vennodrenmine, more? It is so very good, Nzambith said, trilling softly with delight. Venn happily cut up a few more bits of the tender meat, not at all bothered by her hunger. She had a lot of growing to do even though she was a green and he wasn't about to deny her what she wanted most less than a day out of her egg.

Hattaki

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

stella cinere
Crew

Ice-Cold Codger

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:03 pm
A'te and Dokkaeth

The younger man hadn’t expected anyone really to approach him, considering that he didn’t know any names to faces for almost the entire hatching and his mother had no intention in bothering to find out if her only son had even impressed let alone survived the entire ordeal. If grandmother had still been alive A’te was sure she would have been proud in the end, no matter what had happened in the end or how he had chosen to dress.

Giving the older man a curtsy in return A’te ran his fingers along the top of Dokkaeth’s head before giving a fond scratch below the jaw. She was perfect to him in every way possible and he was from ever fiber in his body, glad that she had agreed to spend the rest of their lives together. Her head titled softly towards him as the tail eagerly waved back and forth in glee the blue eyes darting from the newfound rider to where his dragon lingered.

OF COURSE! Best playmate ever I am sure of it. It was loud, maybe a little more enthusiastic than it needed to be as the young green dragon continued to wiggle happily.

“Thank you.” A grinned lingered on the young man lips as he nodded. “That she is, but I wouldn’t have any other dragon to be my partner.”

Masterharper

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:29 pm
Rylyrr lead Akaris onto the dance floor. “It is more that my family is unconventional and confusing but hmm, yes. I have three older brothers and a pair of younger sisters and a younger brother.” He listened to the music, getting a sense of the beat. “I am the tallest, I think Naolin is after me and hmm, about here?” Rylyrr lowered a hand to about the hallow of his throat for height. “Maybe, I am the giant in my family… and broad. Most of my siblings take after my mother. She was tiny and dainty boned.”

He faintly remembered being taller than his mother at twelve, Naolin was three turns older but not much taller then he had been at the time. “I took after my father, which we think was the blacksmith.” Well, he was Shyn’ar and Aly’on best guess. “My mother wasn’t really one to settle down with a single lover.”

Meepfur

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:17 pm
"Blacksmith, hm?" She gave a throaty chuckle as she surveyed Rylyrr yet again; that certainly was a profession in which one often expected to find large men. Not all as tall as her new friend, perhaps, but 'broad,' as he put it so accurately. Although if his mother was so small-boned, she felt that much more sympathy for the woman for having carried that. And so many others, large or otherwise! "Well, you've a better inkling than I have! My mother changes her mind from Turn to Turn about what client it might have been."

A fact which bothered Akaris not at all, clearly, and if anything amused her. As they spoke, and without giving much conscious thought to the music, she moved with it, and moreso with Rylyrr. It wasn't anything that required much effort or skill, just enough general awareness to not step on toes or bump into anyone else.

Shaddaling

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:01 pm
((Apologies for the delay!))

Zheria & Eveleth
The dark haired woman stared down at Martirae as the girl spoke, passing silent judgment. The Weyrwoman wasn't completely untouchable -- after all, she always had an entourage surrounding her, and made no bones about reaching out to those that interested her. She was a busy woman, certainly, and she could be intimidating and cut-throat... but she did appreciate the unflinching boldness of the girl. That sort of mettle and grit could serve Zheria and High Reaches well... If she had been but one of theirs.

In fact, the girl actually had the audacity to present such an offer! To return to High Reaches, to be brought back to the mountains of the Northern Continent and thrown in with the rest of those Searched. The fact she brought it up to her directly. Well. She was the most powerful woman on Pern -- she easily could have agreed, could have had the girl whisked back to High Reaches Weyr in minutes. But all the boldness in the world didn't change the fact that that this wasn't a matter Zheria didn't entirely handle; this would be up to Gr'del and A'ral to work out, and snatching Candidates right from the Weyr they came from was not good politics. And Zheria had no choice but to care about politics. She needed Western Weyr to accomplish her goals, and though the two Weyrs had their difference of opinions when it came to promoting their riders, they were not yet entirely at odds. Was not the allowance of an exchange a reminder that the two Weyrs were not enemies -- that High Reaches could be accommodating even to those that had different views?

Ah, but before she had an opportunity to speak, up came the dark skinned Hestina -- the Weyrwoman of Western herself. Zheria's gaze immediately turned away from Martirae to look up the other. Her smile suddenly looked feral, and the relatively easy atmosphere around her hardened. Oh, wasn't this rich. "Ah, Hestina, Weyrwoman of Western," she all but purred the words, and while there was no mockery behind them, Zheria would never condone such a thing. Queen's were the rightful rulers -- and while not every gold was a Queen, she had not fully accepted the idea of a green leading a Weyr. One part of her thought it admirable -- it allowed more fierce and bold women to rise up and take back the power -- the other part of her found it a rather shameful display. A puppet, who still needed a gold to push through her ideas.

But that was neither here nor there.

"How nice of you to ask. I am finding it a terribly easy to make myself well at home here -- I no doubt have you to thank for that." Whether that was a true compliment or an insult was difficult to say, and likely left to the listener's interpretation. Still, Zheria's smile never wavered, and she glanced back to Aishe and Martirae. "The request was untoward, but hardly surprising. Sometimes a change of scenery is exactly what's needed." There was no shame in that. "Look at all of my High Reaches weyrlings who now shall call you their Weyrwoman." The dragons know best... Why shouldn't a Candidate yearn to come to the best Weyr of them all?

Turning back to Martirae, she gave the slightest dip of her head. "High Reaches will be honored to receive you during our next Hatching. Until then, continue to Stand and hold your head proud. I have no doubt you'll make an excellent rider, no matter where the dragon is clutched."

Looking back towards Hestina, the woman smiled. "Now, if you all might excuse me. It wouldn't be right to simply stand here all night as a wall flower, nor keep Hestina from her other guests. K'ienn," she summoned, with only the slightest turn of her head to acknowledge the man. She offered her arm, ever expectant of the bronze rider to take it. "Shall we dance?" It was in no way a question, and entirely a demand. "Hestina, love, I absolutely must have you on my arm for at least one dance tonight. For now, though, I shall leave you to your guests."

Anyone in her entourage would know the queue to begin their mingling, and for the good court to (at least temporarily) break up. This was a celebration, after all -- and Faranth help any one of the weyrlings who might get in her way!

Eveleth did pause in her conversation with her dearest daughter to reach out to the fierce green Treth. Her greeting was cordial -- she was a traditional queen, and Weyrwoman to Weyrwoman they were (technically) equals. So what if Treth could hardly order her around. Surely, there would be no need for such command in such a civil get-together. Treth, how kind of you to invite us all. It was a splendid hatching, and I know your Weyr will be all the stronger for it. This was no lie. Every successful hatching meant a new generation was ready to fight and save Pern -- for that was the heart of their existence. My rider does wish to dance. She shall make herself available soon, once her court is scattered. They shall make quite a pair. And that was no lie.
- - -
Cedarian
The man fell quiet as he followed G'ryl and his brown out of the Bowl and down to the beach. When the weyrling needed assistance, he supported him without hesitation, his grip tightening and loosening as was most needed. He passed no judgment -- the fact that the partially maimed man was here at all was a miracle -- and Cedarian did desperately want to find himself with some use this night.

The closer they came to the fire, the joyous atmosphere of the Feast was quickly washed over by the gravity of those in mourning. He'd already made his peace with the others death, and while he did not wish to forget the bloody event, the flames only helped stir up thought of First Fall, and the massacre that had been. There were hardly bodies left to burn... Mmph. But this would be all of them sooner or later, wouldn't it? Though Henwas had been slain by a dragon's teeth, every Candidate here was signing up to put their life at risk every day. Even the newest weyrlings -- would they make it through training? Would they make it through their first blooding? How long until the Weyr keened a song for them?

That was what a dragonrider did though, wasn't it? Step up and risk life and limb so others might survive.

It was why Cedarian was here, wasn't it? To prove himself? To prove he had what it took, just like his older, brother? To care for his family? To put others first before himself? . . .and yet, it was G'ryl, and D'mar, who would now be walking down that path. And tomorrow Cedarian would wake up as just another boy.

When G'ryl thanked him, the pale boy gave a small nod. "It is no bother, but if the good sir so wishes, than I shall be on my way. If you need anything further, do not hesitate to ask. G'ryl, Sarcoth," he gave a formal bow to each, before turning to head back the way he had come. There were still people a plenty down by the fire, if the other needed aid getting back, including the Weyrlingmaster.

So, back to the feast he slowly went, once more alone. Mmph. Well. It seemed to be the theme of the night -- for he'd spent the better half of the Hatching well on his own. Part of his pride was wounded -- should he not be flocked and fawned over as others were? -- but the other part of him understood that he ha not yet earned a place for praise.

While he wanted to seek out D'mar before the other retired, he could also see he was wrapped up in conversation with others. Hmph. It would be rude simply to approach... Even if part of him yearned to do so.

- - -

((Omg so tired. I will get to Elysia & R'mor tomorrow!))

demon_pachabel
Martirae is free! 0 /

Mx Cherie
Don't kill me!

Teiha
K'ienn! Are you ready? He better know how to dance!

SkieBorne
Thanks for the RP! With luck they can cross paths again.

Masterharper
Vice Captain

Mewsings of An Angel

Excitable Anubutt

16,725 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:49 am
Kieza and Green Suwayeth

Suwayeth for a moment seemed to contemplate what her actions could bring, and then with a loud croon at her two sisters she reared on her hindlegs and bounded forward before Kieza could stop her. "Ah! Be...careful...Suwayeth..." She called after her injured beauty. She received a wave of calm as a response, Suwayeth's way of assuring her nervous rider that she would indeed be careful. The green was like a flash of brilliance in the dark, her brilliant green shining in the firelight, and being swallowed by her dark-hued half. She danced awkwardly around her two green sisters, one wing spread, the other bound against her body. It was almost comical. Sisters! Oh, my lovely sisters,
and my beauteous brothers!
She twined her tail lightly around Aramath's for a moment, crooning at the protective brother. She stood on her hindlegs once more and let out a loud bugle that carried over the dancefloor.

Kieza laughed a little, her eyes aglow as she watched her dragon. She wandered the edge of the dance floor, anxiously keeping her eyes on her bright dragon. But her gaze shifted when she spotted a familiar mop of auburn hair and the lanky form of Silviu who stood next to the dancefloor as well. Perhaps sharing the rush of love for Aramath that Suwayeth was exuding Kieza felt her cheeks redden as she approached him. "Ah... Ah... Silviu?" She murmured, feeling oddly awkward. A flare of amusement crept along her mental link with Suwayeth as her dragonet noted the feelings her rider was experiencing.

"Would.. you... ah..." She cut off her words, rubbing her red cheeks. "Ah! Would-you-like-to-dance?" She managed to get the words out in a rush, green eyes vibrant against her crimson face. Oh my! She was embarrassed! She had never asked anyone to dance, let alone it be a boy. A boy! What would her father have thought!

faesinger

Hattaki

Teiha

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:14 pm
Martirae

A weaker creature perhaps would have immediately had one word come through their mind.

Whoops.

Martirae, however, was not struck down by the interjection of the Greenrider Weyrwoman into her not-so-innocent conversation. No, she wouldn't have even pretended that she hadn't been completely sincered in her offerings. Hestina wasn't a fool and this candidate would not be pretending she was. However, the smile on her face faltered. No, this was not the end of the world and if she had to be a piece of gossip and a little bit of scorn for her efforts? Well, it would be fine. She was made of more than that.

"Well if I'm faulted for trying so be it." Yes, she'd hear about this little exchange from her fellows for the time being, but two very important things at least were clear to her; two Weyrwomen had been talking about her, and Marty would allow herself to be flattered by that. "I'll pay my pound of flesh for any offense, Weyrwoman Hestina," she added. Of course, she'd been ready for that even before she'd opened her mouth.

Zheria's comment sent a rush through her body. Perhaps it would be most easily placed as 'validation'. "Of course, thank you," there were a few thoughts left unsaid - mostly as Marty made point to keep her tongue in check, less she offend any further than it seemed she'd already begun. Then with that, the goldrider was gone to her own company. Which left Marty with Hestina only for another moment, "Weyrwoman, I hope the rest of your evening treats you well." she bid with a slight bow before excusing herself.

But not in a retreat. She'd wait for a moment to make sure her return to the tables was given some sort of silent approval before removing herself. If she still had another earful to get she'd wait and get it as well.

Masterharper
A final Marty response

Mx Cherie
Marty is leaving unless Hestina keeps her there.

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Teiha

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:37 pm
K’ienn had spent the latter half of the hatch scowling inside, but anyone looking upon him wouldn’t have known by his blasé expression. A multitude of curses he’d silently laid on his son, the green who’d mauled him, the Candidatemasters who’d just stood by and watched. Not that there was really anything anyone could have done, and it wasn’t anything he hadn’t witnessed before—unnumbered Candidates had been opened up like overripe fruit by chaotic, unImpressed hatchlings since Faranth first clutched. But Falienn should have known better than to get in the way of a rampaging hatchling… especially a green. There might have been a bit of pride in his survival and dramatic scarring if it had been a bronze or gold, but… and there was still no certainty that the boy would be able to speak, once the wounds were healed. If he ended up mute…

He’d visited the boy in the infirmary, and of course it hadn’t gone too well. A few supportive words, when met with Falienn’s disinterested looks and intermittent peevish glares, devolved into a heated lecture. The atmosphere of the feast was much more pleasant, to say the least. K’ienn was much more comfortable with hobnobbing, eating, drinking, and remaining in a casual orbit around his Weyrwoman than he was standing fifteen feet away from his own son. Speaking of the Weyrwoman…

Zheria spoke his name and held out a hand expectantly. It was such a nonchalant act, but there was no mistaking the directive that lay just beneath the surface of the invitation. Oh, this was not an opportunity he would ever pass up. With an even, perhaps even relaxed pace, he strode to the Weyrwoman and grasped her hand. His grip was firm, but not forceful. A platform to support her with independent volition, or for Zheria to bend directly to her will, should she desire. He went with her to the floor, letting his stance be fluid as the dance began to test the Weyrwoman’s disposition—would she spurn a strong lead, or did she desire one this evening?

Masterharper
K'ienn was BORN READY. heart

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:09 am
Silviu and blue Aramath

With arrhythmical stomps that had nothing to do with the music actually being played, Aramath continued his strange, almost tribal dance until Suwayeth joined him. He mimicked her movements, letting out a baby’s bellow of his own as he rose onto his rear legs. Such fun!

On the sidelines, Silviu broke out into delighted laughter. The boy barely even noticed his own outburst, so completely infatuated with his dragon’s antics was he. How could he be concerned about others’ eyes on him when his were fixed on his Aramath? His broad smile was still there, and his face lit with love for the little blue, when he turned at the sound of his name. He couldn’t wipe it away, even as he met the gaze of the one who’d called him. “Kieza? Oh… me? You want me to dance?” Tendrils of horror attempted to wrap around him then, and yet… he was almost too elated to register their attack.

Yes! Silviu, come dance with us! Aramath urged. The hatchling blue was… not graceful at all, much like his rider, and completely unashamed of it. He was just himself, enjoying his lumbering dance with Suwayeth and the others. And the blue’s thoughts to him were clear: He’d have so much more fun if his rider could enjoy the dance, too!

Having absolutely no idea what he was doing, Silviu bent his arm and held out his elbow for Kieza to take. That was how dances started, right?

Mewsings of An Angel
Our children are adorable. ;-;

Teiha

Masterharper
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:12 am
Meepfur
SORRY FOR SUPER SLOW! -crai- Also sorry for rusty character. I'm still ironing Elyisa out, haha, so she's a bit tricky to peg. So I gave your boy an out. x3

Elysia & Sheyoth
The woman couldn't help but smile at the other's confession, but mostly, at his gaze of fondness for the new baby dragon at his side. She remembered those days, long ago though they seemed. While this weyrling couldn't be much younger than herself, there was always something special at seeing the bond between newly hatched dragons and their riders. Hatchings were always special, even ones that left a wake of blood and chaos. It had been a tumultuous day, to say the least, but there was new life... These newly formed pairs were Pern's future. "Clearly, you were simply waiting for the best of them to hatch." She mused, eyes bright with good humor but also understanding. It still stunned the woman, to this day, that she had Impressed....And Sheyoth was her entire world. She would deny the gold nothing -- which is why she remained at the Weyr. "I look forward to seeing how you and Vedmath grow. The Weyr needs riders and dragons who aren't afraid to act." Dezerac had saved his bronze, and Vedmath had made it clear he'd wanted to stop the angry green. They had saved one another, and she could but hope that it might translate into a desire to save Pern. Honestly, the planet needed every fighting pair it could get.

"It is substantially milder in climate here," she confirmed, and she wasn't just talking about the weather. Their politics were easier, less demanding, and with less required hobnobbing or demands to cater to a metallic's every wish. Thankfully, this bronze pair didn't seem to have much by way of ego -- but time would tell. "We might not have the mountains of High Reaches, but our beaches and islands are divine. I have no doubt you, and all those from the North, will find yourselves welcome and comfortable." Elysia would put marks on the people of Western any day - and it wasn't just Weyr bias. Western had always been independent, and its people were just as hardy as those a continent away.

As the man confessed that his abilities came from life as a mercenary, she did arch a brow, before her smile grew. "Somehow, I'm not surprised." Maybe it was just his look, or the way he handled himself when he was getting attacked and helping Vedmath -- he wasn't some bright eyed wondrous child; he was a young man. "Perhaps you can help put those skills to good use. I think everyone should know how to handle themselves in a time of crisis, and out here, it can get pretty wild." Between Rivercrest and Western's disputes, pirate attacks, and Zanoma camp ruffling feathers, sweep riders and Wingleaders were often called in to settle disputes. And in some cases, those disputes did indeed result in settling the matter physically.

But that was neither here, and not necessarily Dezerac and his Vedmath need worry about yet. "There's no doubt your bronze chose well." She commended with a nod. Like dragon, like rider -- both had been fighters, and both would wear their scars well. "Now, if you'll excuse me, I must make my rounds to congratulate all the new pairs. Eat, drink, and don't overwork yourselves. You may have battle wounds but I don't think Liat plans on going easy these next few days. Welcome home, both of you." And with a good-natured smile, and a bow, the young woman took her leave.

Duty called, and there were many others to meet.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:14 am
My lovely sisters, Therianth, Suwayeth, it's so good to see you! Shall we brighten up this dance floor?

Twisting about her sisters, her wing brushing over Suwayeth's back and her tail twining with Therianth's, Seirath bugled brightly and twirled her body about. This was to be a celebration! It was thrown in their honor, so why should she not participate. Her twisty body traced a path about all of them, so happy was she that her trills could not be contained. In fact the only sliver of her that wasn't completely happy was the partner missing at her side, was her beloved Amra that wasn't out here dancing with her! How could she not be out here!?

Heavy gray eyes were getting even heavier from the lack of sleep and the tall woman wondered how on earth her dragon had the energy to run about like that? It seemed to stem from how close she was to others, that would be something that she'd need to keep an eye on in the future as it might very well get them in trouble. Picking through the remainder of her plate as she listened to Vennodren, Amra pondered her response to those words, unsure of how things might go on to affect her as the social graces of her beautiful green continued to blossom.

"I can't wait to see what she grows into, though it also frightens me a little to think of how that personality might morph as the months pass. She's already quite willful." a deep chuckle pulled from her as she imagined how needy she could possibly become.

Already she was feeling the strong pull from her even as Seirath twirled around on the dance floor and the only thing keeping her sitting was the deep exhaustion that had managed to overcome her body. Yes, she'd Impressed first and gotten off the sands before much of the mayhem, but the state of her mind and the general chores she'd been doing all day long, scrubbing and running about, had left her worn without much sleep. Just opening her eyes as she filled her stomach with food made her tired, but the overwhelming sense of love and excitement coming off her dragon was powering her through.

"That egg of hers was just as beautiful as the dragon within. Quite amusingly she was the only egg that never answered me when I touched it. Though your Nzambith did a bit, she was the first one I met but now I know why she held back. Just waiting for the perfect rider." her eyes cast down to the bright little green with the somewhat morbid markings around her face and legs. She was beautiful and it made sense for her to have come from that lovely striped egg. "I'm so glad you found your partner little one, your sister was concerned when you didn't move."

Amramine! You simply must come join us!

Seirath was becoming more and more insistent the longer she stayed out the dance floor with her siblings.

SilverLutz

faesinger

Mewsings of An Angel

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

Masterharper
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:33 pm
stella cinere

R'mor & Junenth
R'mor was glad at least one pair had manners, even if he was pegging the little rambunctious green to be nothing but trouble for Liat. The entire clutch had been quite a spirited bunch -- though he was glad to see that the group had all (seemingly) calmed now that they had bonded. "And she wouldn't have had anyone else on the Sands, I'm sure. I have no doubt that her energy will be put to good use, especially in the fight against Thread." Which was quite true. Greens and blues were absolutely necessary in the fight, especially in the higher altitude wings. While other Weyrs might glorify bronzes, golds, and some browns, greens and blues were the lifeblood of the Weyr. A Weyr couldn't function without them -- they were absolutely imperative!

"Have you been enjoying the feast so far? This is your night to celebrate, after all. Tomorrow's when the hard work really begins." Weyrling lessons were no joke, though the first sevenday was likely getting into the new routine and focusing on bond work. No, tonight was a time to celebrate new life, and new, successful pairs. So far the group seemed to be enjoying themselves which is what this was all about. Though there were certain individuals who only had time for others with rank and power, R'mor was not one of those sorts. Meeting his newest riders, saying hello, congratulating them -- they were Pern's future, and would be under his command sooner than later.

- - -
Zheria
She accepted the bronzerider's hand and allowed him to lead her to the floor. The tall woman slipped easily enough into his arms, and was not at all shy or coy when it came to contact. He was her bronze rider, was he not? She would do with him what she wished. Zheria would let K'ienn lead for this number -- but there was no mistaking that the goldrider was still well in charge. Depending on where the man took her, a touch here, a change in weight there, or a simple unexpected but elegant twist and move of her body would keep them exactly where she needed to be.

Zheria could dance... the question was, could K'ienn?

"Are you enjoying yourself this evening, K'ienn?" She quietly asked as the dance began. "One of your first public outings as a newly minted Wingleader, is it not?" She gazed at the man like a predator might their future prey; her smile was lovely and sincere, but she had brought him here for a reason. Let the world think she was simply showing off one of High Reaches men -- let any listening ears grow bore with her polite conversation. "Is it all that you had hoped it would be?"

K'ienn was still an untested source. Unlike Ink, with whom she spoke in hidden language, and others near and dear to her, K'ienn was still an outsider. But maybe, depending on the future, she might better rely upon him. For now? Nothing but a tool. Time would tell whether or not she could sharpen him to good use.

Teiha

[IC RP] Western Weyr

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces