Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark
Arc 3 - Glimmers in the Dark (Main Roleplay) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 99 100 101 102 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:14 am
Valac, who was squatting nearby catching his breath, scoff's at Ruin's proposal and asks, "What are you going to do? Tickle her?"
Valac popped up from his squat retrieving his back scabbard from his back and placed the vanguard blade back where it belonged before slinging both swords back.

Walking over to Revenge, Valac gave him a nudge with his elbow and saying with a smirk, "I've got 10 gold on the girl, you wanna meet my bet?"  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:05 pm
Kuori shrugged, "If she wants to go to the Underdark thats her sword to carry. If she falls on it, she asked to go, no test needed."  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:01 pm
Irene Blackwood
User Image

Irene would respond to Ilikan. "I have been forbidden to take house guards into the Underdark, so they would have to return to the fort with the wooshwagon--once it's running again--until I return. I would be the only one accompanying you."

To Ruin she would wave her sleeve-covered hand, causing the sleeve to flop back and forth. "Ladies of House Blackwood are not given any formal combat training, but that does not mean I am useless on an adventure. I can help in other ways."

Irene would begin to pull items out a pocket in her dress, items much too big to be able to fit such a pocket, leading one to believe her dress must be magically enchanted. She would produce a basket smelling of fresh food, a tightly packed satchel, a small bag, and a cask. "With these I can instantly set up a campsite for you and make enough food and drink to supply your entire party for a day. I also make an excellent porter. Why, with this little bag here, I can carry over two hundred pounds. And, like I said, once the trip is done I will gift some of these magical items to you as payment. So, do we have a deal?"

Irene would look at the party excitedly waiting for a response as Roland stood by anxiously.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:50 pm
Valac was slightly disappointed when the chance to witness some violence was denied but perked up once he heard Irene mention something. Valac pointed at the cask and asked, "What drinks?"  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:10 pm
Irene would answer Valac with a smile. "Dwarven Ale. It's pretty good, from what I have been told. You can ask my guards if you want their opinion. It magically refills every morning."  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:28 pm
Sighs and looks to the others, looks at her, and looks towards the entrance to Lightlost, far off as it may be. "Sounds grand. I for one would appreciate not having to worry about setting up camp, foraging for food, or lugging around extra gear, and if something does nab you, we still get that stuff so long as we get your body back, and If we get you through safely we stand to gain more. The only hole in the situation I see is why you want to go to the Underdark. You seem to be ready for a journey, and it seems that the subject of heading there has been breached, but denied. But you are dressed for a formal tea party, not an underground trek."

History Check: 15 | Who is House Blackwood?
Insight Check: 28 | Is there something being left unsaid?  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:42 pm
35/65 hit points

((Made the Kuori-granted saving throw, so no additional poison damage; ending at 35 hit points.))

It had been a lot of poison injected into his veins in short order, and Revenge had stumbled away from the fallen corpse of the Carrion Crawler to spit up a bit of bile off to the side as his body tried to compensate. Some conversation had happened, but soon he felt stable enough to rejoin the group.

He would be approached by one guard who offered a healing potion for him. There was momentary consideration, and it would work in a pinch... but there did not seem to be immediate danger. Healing potions tended to have more effectiveness on adventurers beginning their careers and those of frailer constitutions like wizards; however, an adventurer of his caliber had developed enough of a tolerance to them where they did not have as much impact anymore ((i.e., his natural healing surge value was higher than what a healing potion grants)). He would politely decline.

"My apologies for being momentarily indisposed," the paladin would say as he neared the others, not having time to take Valac up on the bet while his player was likewise indisposed. "My name is Revenge, I am a paladin of Sehanine. It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance. I would normally insist against you traveling with us, Miss Blackwood... but that really wasn't out best showing. The fact that you still praise our aptitude makes me concerned that you are either too critical of your existing guards, or that they are terribly inexperienced." He would face Roland, and bow his head. "My apologies if the latter assessment is received poorly by you and your brothers-in-arms. But the reliance on healing potions to recover your own injuries leads me to believe it to be the case."

He would glance to the others in his party, then turn back to the young lady. "If you can help Kuori, I would be okay keeping watch over you in our journey. I actually have not had my armor tended to in several acts months, which is why I believe I was wounded as easily as I was. As an adventurer, frankly, I would be in the market for some monetary compensation just for the requisite upkeep that comes with the profession. All the opportunities for profit in recent times would have come at the cost of looting the dead, which I find both offensive and distasteful and could not partake of such rewards."

He would look to Kuori to make sure she was okay with the idea of this young lady guiding them to her kin, he would then speak up once more. "These are lands unfamiliar to me, so I can only imagine the dangers that lurk in these parts. If you are unable to bring your own guards with you while traveling with us, I have to ask: What will you do if we need to part ways? I find it unreasonable to expect your destination will mirror ours exactly. I would need to know how you handle that aspect of the journey before I truly consented to offering our services as protectors."  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:31 pm
"You look like s**t." Kuori would step up to Revenge and pat him on the shoulder with a glowing hand. "Well, shitier than usual, you know what I meant."

[Healing word + Spend a surge for value+13hp because of other cheese too.]  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:14 pm
Irene Blackwood
User Image

Irene would wave her hand again in dismay, causing her long sleeve to flop back and forth. "You need not not worry about my dress; it is a lot tougher than it looks. It's enchanted and it contains all my equipment. Just because a lady is traveling doesn't mean she can't be fashionable. As for the why the Underdark, I'm glad you asked!"

Irene would reach into one of her hidden pockets and pull out a large scroll of parchment which she would immediately unfurl. Upon the parchment there were all manner of all drawings and sketches of monsters and creatures, all in various stages of dissection. There were drawings of skeletal structures and organs and muscles. The very top picture was a drawing of a beholder with its skin being removed, exposing what lay underneath. Cheerfully, Irene would explain. "I am a researcher, you see. I study anatomy! I travel the world looking for all matter of strange creatures to draw and study. That is why I came here. This field is covered with the bodies of monsters I have only heard of, all from the Underdark. Imagine what I might discover if I actually could travel there! I know how adventurers operate. If I travel with you I am sure to find something new and fantastical to study! However, like I said, the family has forbid me from taking the house guards to such a place, but they did not forbid me going. There are those in my family that would welcome my departure from this plane of existence, but that is a personal matter I am not going to discuss here. What it means to you is you don't have to worry about me." Though her voice was still chipper Kuori could tell with her insight that there was a tinge of sadness with her last comment.

Roland looked obviously bothered by Irene's words but he refrains from saying anything at this moment. To Revenge, he would scoff at his comment. "I think you are reading a little too much into our use of potions. While we appreciated your help, it wasn't necessary. We have defended our lady from far worse on countless expeditions. It is only family politics that is preventing us from honoring her desires right now."

Roland would once again speak up and voice his opposition. "M'lady, I again must advise against this. Just because they assisted us unconditionally doesn't mean you should trust them so readily. I'm sure if we travel to to caverns to the north we can find something new for you to study. I will again write a letter to the matron and ask for permission to go further. Teaming up with these adventurers is unnecessary and dangerous."

Irene would raise her hand at Roland. Her words were sympathetic this time though instead of angry. "Mr. Roland, I understand and appreciate your concern. But this is still my decision to make. I don't want you to worry about me. You know she won't grant my request. This is a better deal than the alternative."

Irene would return her attention to Revenge's question. "Well, I just planned on tagging along with you until you returned to the surface. Are you saying you have no intention of returning? I don't think there will be much path you walk where I can't follow. Just consider me as one of the team and I'll assist you in any way I can. If we must part ways, well, I'll address that when that time comes. I am not without my resources. Like the tall one said, this is my sword to carry, at least give me a chance to wield it."

((From Kuori's history check she recognizes the Blackwoods are indeed a noble family she has heard of before, but only in name. Their noble house hails from lands not anywhere near here; Irene is quite a ways away from home.

From Kouri's insight check she can tell everything Irene is saying is truthful. There is obviously some bad blood between her and other members of her noble family and she has some manner of relationship with Roland beyond guard/master, though it doesn't seem to have been a romantic one. She seems awfully young to be going on this sort of adventure but then Kuori recalls her brothers participating in hunting trips in the Underdark at this age as well.))  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:16 pm
"If you are truly that worried Roland, you could quit. I'm sure that you would be hastily rehired once you return to the light of the sun. Some things are more important than a job right?" She looks to the others. "I was about her age when I got my first kill. We arm her, take her with us, and she is more than welcomed to tear up some corpses ... on two conditions." She looks to the girl, "Tell me your opinions on Aria. If I like your answer, I'll give you the second condition."  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:57 pm
Irene seemed a little confused by the question. "Aria? Well, I know they are a kingdom. Can't say I've ever been to their lands before. There style of governing seems a little too militant and controlling for my tastes. Despite that, I'm sure there people are nice. I've read a few books on magic theory that were written by mages from their kingdoms. Why do you ask?"  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:25 am
64/65 hit points, 1 surge spent

"Mm. Thank you... but please don't tell Abby about this encounter. It was a little too tentacle-laden for my tastes, and I'm not sure if she would get upset or find it hilarious. I'd rather avoid finding out."

Turning to Roland, he would look to Irene, then back at the man. "Kuori makes a good point... but what you just said..." Revenge would hold his chin thoughtfully for a moment.

"What if we were to hire you for a one-time job? Miss Blackwood might be forbidden from bringing house guards into the Underdark, but we, as adventurers, would simply be bringing some extra muscle with us as we travel, as a temporary arrangement. Probably a few hours' time, tops. Does that sounds accurate for a timeframe, Kuori?"

He would smile and gesture openly with one hand. "When we must part ways, then Miss Blackwood here, who would be traveling with us as an independent individual, could once more secure your services as house guards. At that point, she will be bringing you to the surface world, which sounds like it would not be against any of her family's regulations. Tell me, how much would it cost us to acquire your services for this brief jaunt?"

Quote:
Diplomacy 22 to convince him/them to consider Revenge's recruitment offer.

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

SCN_ Grey_fox rolled 1 20-sided dice: 15 Total: 15 (1-20)

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:28 am
"For the record, I am against this idea." Ruin spoke tossing his blade aside as he turned to Revenge and Kouri. "You want to find your brother and save your family from the drow. And you are entertaining the idea of taking a child researcher along for the ride?"

"If she dies, you will be equally responsible for it. I wash my hands of it." With that Ruin set off to search for their horse. "Here, horse, Here."

Perception 18

{Occ: Anyone else gets the thought; smelling of anything Irene produces would be the similar to smelling a freshly baked pie in a port-a-john?}  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:33 pm
Irene Blackwood
User Image

Mr. Roland would shake his head. "I'm afraid it's not that simple. Being a house guard of the Blackwood noble family is more than being a hired sword. I can't just simply quit or take another job and expect to be hired back. The matron is no fool. I can't loophole my way out of disobeying a direct order from her. Though... if Lady Irene does insist on pursuing this path..."

"No." Irene would flatly cut him off. "I'm not going to have you sacrifice your career over this."

She would then turn her attention back to the party. "I ask that you please leave Mr. Roland out of this, despite his inability to stop himself from interjecting. This is a deal between me and your party. As I've stated before, all I ask is that you allow me to travel with you on your journey through the Underdark so that I may study the creatures you encounter and slay. When our journey together ends, I will gift two of these magic items as payment, but you will be able to benefit from all of their use while I am traveling with you. I feel confident in your ability to keep me from harm, but if something does come to happen, you will not be blamed, I will not be missed. I will perish happily doing what I loved. Now, please grant me this selfish request; it would mean the world to me."

As Ruin scans the battlefield he does not spot any horses, or another living soul for that matter. He does however notice there are no horse tracks around the carriage. In fact, as he examines the ornately appointed carriage, it does not look like it is designed to have any creature hooked up to it at all.  

Kowsauni
Crew

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:43 pm
Valac took this moment to finally voice his opinion, "Well it's all their griping and moaning that would make you think they said no but only Ruin there said no the rest just don't care... Except for Revenge, he cares a lot."

"But if you want to watch us, well, me slay some things, keep track of our great deeds, keep us well rested and keep our bellies full with good food and ale. Then I don't see what the rest are mumbling and grumbling about. Keep with me and Revenge the rest seem a bit wary of you."

"You're alright with a bit of baby sitting aren't ya Revenge?" Valac asked turning on his fellow tiefling paladin.  
[D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 99 100 101 102 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games