Welcome to Gaia! ::

THoR

Back to Guilds

Freeform RP and general place to hang out! 

Reply Role Play Archival (Completed or "On Hiatus" RPs)
The Story That Went On... (Formerly Death Cut. Completed.) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 87 88 89 90 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

GamingLord
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:33 pm
*Now Muerte looked lost completely. Just the few questions she had asked him seemed to swarm over him.*

Muerte: "~I feel... overwhelmed. I do not think I wanted to attack you. My axe? The Blood Devourer is my salvation, it gives me strength to serve. To lose the axe is to lose part of my soul...~"
As tools, we are given a tool of our own. We receive only one tool. To lose such a valuable piece of equipment means Death. That is what they said.

*His fingers ran reverently along the gleaming sharp edges of the engraved blade, staring at it for a moment before the other questions were asked.*

"~Heaven? Hell? I do not know of these. All are full of sin and eternally damned, to exist is to be full of sins from everday life. To eat, is sin, to breath, is sin, to make waste, or simply exist is sin. We have been created to receive hatred, from Death, from the Void that births us. But some are special. I was special. To eternally serve is salvation against Death. Death steals the soul into a frozen place of dark, where horror creatures are in the millions, to torment and wound forever. Almost none are safe from death, except the special ones. Death can not steal us, because we serve it through our masters.~"

*At the mention of food, his expression grew curious.*

Muerte: "Hunger? I can not suffer from thirst or hunger anymore. Food... you can offer so freely a resource so rare to a servant? The sustaining grey meal? I would be greatful, but it should be saved for yourself, Mistress, and your companions.~"

Tasteless, but so filling. The stomach doesn't ache, at least for a short time. Yes, I was fed once a day, I remember, they said the resource was to be used sparingly on us, so we may serve. No, I do not need food any longer, and I won't ask of it. It is a relief to no longer have to force the grey mixture down my throat...  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:04 am
I'm a creature called a vampire. I don't eat that sort of food. My food is blood so I'm sure I can spare you something. I'll be right back. You can get up and walk around the room if you wish. *She left the poor guy alone and went into Jacob's kitchen. He mostly had meat in there. She frowned. The last time she made something she had a cookbook, but this time she didn't see one. Not like she's really ever needed to cook...BlackMN learned how to make stuff real quick after moving in with her.*

*Oh well she was sure a semi-cooked slab of meat with nothing on it was better tasting than that grey meal. When she was done, she came back with a plate and set it on the table.* At least try that. You don't have to eat it all if you don't like it.

BlackMN

Captain

Dapper Animal

16,525 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Team Edward 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100

GamingLord
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:25 am
*As soon as Rosemary finished cooking the food and left the house, a number of demons had started to stare at her... some were drooling a bit. A moment passed, and they all rushed into the kitchen, apparently to cook more meat for themselves. The racket was enough to barely wake up Jacob, and he yelled at them before passing out again. They settled down like scolded children after that.*

*Muerte's attention was instantly drawn to the plate Rosemary carried in... he could actually smell it a little while ago while she came back down to the room. His mouth watered when the meat was placed in front of him, and he stared at the thing that apparently was giving off that unusual, wonderful smell. He almost swore his stomach was aching again, like it had not been feed, but that would have been impossible. He would need to be alive for that need.*

Muerte: "~This... is food? What is this? It isn't the grey meal...~"

*She told him to eat it. He shifted the weight of his axe to one hand, still clutching it like a security blanket while he used his other hand to pick up the steak. All it took was one tentative bite, and he started to tear into it as quickly as he could. It took him a couple minutes to finish the meal, Rosemary had apparently chosen one of the larger pieces of steak... something that probably didn't even come from a cow at it's size. After rapidly devouring the steak, he started to drink the juices on his plate, licking it clean, trying to get as much flavor off his fingers as possible. When he finally finished, he put the plate down, and held his stomach with his free hand. He bowed his head towards Rosemary, staring at the table's surface as he spoke*

Muerte: "~Mistress, I am greatful, truly greatful! I... I do not know how to describe this new food. I do not know which words to choose... it must be a truly rare resource!~"

Is this my reward? It is.... wonderful! I need, but want no trophy, this reward is more than enough.... But trophies must be kept whenever they are found... I will be greatful if the Mistress allows me trophies. Perhaps to have this kind of food again? To eat is sin, but... I am confused.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:20 pm
*Veni laughed at the sight and covered his mouth so he wouldn't be so loud. Jacob was obviously the alpha male over most of these child-like critters and had them under his thumb.*

---

That I think was a steak ...of sorts... *She had no idea what it came from, she just chose something with no bones. I am so teaching you some table manners... (she thought that to herself btw)* You're confused as to why I'd give you such a rare thing as food and allow you to devour it if it is a sin to eat right? Our views are different. You're from a different realm, different world, different dimension, and a different and probably distant place than where I am from. Different places can have more or less of a resource than you did at home. Not everyone believes the same things they taught you. For example the description of the place of darkness you spoke of sounds like the Hell I mentioned, but I won't tell you about them today. I think I'm confusing you enough already. Not everyone handles things the same or are like your previous masters. Having a living soul as a tool to be completely used to my whims is as foreign to me as the outside world is to you. I do not know your and their ways. You'll have to tell me, to teach me. At the same time I'll try to slowly tell and teach you my ways. You don't have to agree with me, you don't have to believe what I tell you, you don't even have to practice it if you don't want to after you've at least tried it, but I do hope you'd at least listen.

It is a common belief where I live that to eat is not a sin, gluttony however is. Gluttony is to eat too much too often, to eat way more than your fill and not consider others. So I am used to the practice of eating but not too much. *Of course she knew she could be a glutton sometimes, but it wasn't very often because she tried to resist it.* So to the people in my realm: eating isn't a sin, but eating too much is... *Hmmm...I wonder what the reapers believe in on this issue...she thought to herself.*

Food also isn't as rare a resource here at the moment as it apparently is where you came from. So I can spare you some and you don't have to worry about depriving my companions of it and you don't have to worry about me scolding you for doing something 'sinful' if you want to eat what I give you because I don't think it is. You can choose what you want to do, like you did when you ate the whole thing. I only said that you had to taste it and could stop if you didn't like it.

With that large demon you showed that you have a lot of physical strength. I'm curious and want to test it a little. Do you know how to arm wrestle? *If not she shows him how moving her arm, showing him what his goal is, what her goal is, to stop when one of them reach their goal, to not worry about hurting her because it is just and arm and easy to heal, to try to win and not purposely let her win if she does. She decided to do it laying on the floor because they might break any other surface.*

*His hand was so much larger than hers and she stared him in the face as she held his hand in the ready position.* So that sword can become almost anything I want whenever I want? *She waited for his answer and after he did, she tensed up a little preparing to start.* Ready? Okay, go!

BlackMN

Captain

Dapper Animal

16,525 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Team Edward 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100

GamingLord
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:33 pm
*The way Muerte scrambled onto the floor so he could arm wrestle was reminiscent of a child's behavior. He re-affirmed that whatever she desired the weapon to become, it would shift shape into that object. He waited, his large hand practically engulfing hers, and when she said 'go'....*

*Perhaps there could have been better ways to test Muerte's strength. Better and less painful ways, at that. However it was too late now, and Rosemary may have realized this as Muerte suddenly gave well over 100% of his effort. Veins and muscles bulged, and while she was able to resist for a while, a strong burst of increased effort (perhaps out of desperation to win? To show how strong he could be?) on Muerte's part suddenly slammed her hand into the floor. The ground shook, bits of stone and dust from the floor flew... there was a rather small crater and a number of cracks on the ground where her hand had impacted. The thought 'deceptively strong' came into Muerte's mind, as he took a breath and rubbed his sore hand.*

- - - - -

*Arak quietly scrambled into the room, watching Veni carefully as he snipped up paper to make snowflakes.*  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:36 pm
*Rosemary stared at her fallen hand, smiled, grinned, and burst out laughing.* Ohahahaha. *She lost! Oh that was great. She enjoyed it and it gave her a tickled sensation. She loved to arm wrestle but she always won.* Oh that's great, terrific, splendid! I lost! Finally a challenge! Good job. But I noticed you went beyond your normal limits to beat me otherwise I might have won. I can't do that normally myself. For the most part I don't want you to go so far beyond it that you seriously damage yourself. If you're protecting someone, I suppose I wont care...but what if I need you and you're broken because you tried too hard when you didn't need to? If you're badly damaged from going beyond that body's limits and recovering, you won't be useful to me, but if you stay intact you'll be able to help me so much more when I need you.  

BlackMN

Captain

Dapper Animal

16,525 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Team Edward 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100

GamingLord
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:57 pm
*Muerte nodded to show he was listening, but his expression was a lost one again. She'd probably have to give him some examples of when to restrain himself.*

Muerte: "Mistress, you made an unusual sound. What was the purpose of it?"

*He imitated his laughter for her the best he could if she asked him which sound.*

- - - - -

*After laughing at the loud demons and watching Veni a bit, Arak grabbed a few sheets of paper and began making snow flakes of her own... she carefully placed hers on Jacob's sleeping form, being careful not to wake up.*  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:41 pm
I'm not sure if I like being called plain "Mistress" all the time... My name is Rosemary Mori. If you must continue to address me so formally say Mistress Mori or Mistress Rosemary once in a while.

That sound I made is called a laugh...It's purpose... *She sighed putting her temple on the cool floor.* Oh how do I explain this...

*She kept her head there for a while thinking before she lifted it back up.* Laughter expresses certain emotions that we feel. You are currently confused which is a type of emotion. Confusion is to not understand something. Laughter can help people feel calm in a tense situation, make a sick person feel better even if they're not, and it can make others feel happy.

*Deciding to not want to explain every emotion she felt she decided to choose one.* I laughed because I was happy. Happy that I lost, happy that you won. Sometimes people laugh when they're happy because they can't keep it in or they laugh to show that they're happy.

That feeling you had after you ate and told me you were grateful is called happy. You were happy that I gave that to you and hoped I'd give you more in the future and that thought made you happy. Do you understand? The word to describe the taste of the steak is delicious. It means that you liked the steak and that you prefer it over the gray meal, that it wasn't tasteless like the gray meal. It was full of taste that you prefer, that is delicious. Right after the happy feeling you became confused because you think eating is a sin right? Why is eating a sin to you anyways?

BlackMN

Captain

Dapper Animal

16,525 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Team Edward 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100

GamingLord
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:16 pm
Muerte: "~I believe so... happy, emotions...~"

*He frowned a bit, thinking hard for a moment, trying to remember a time when he might have felt happy. No, he wasn't happy killing for his previous masters. It was something other than happy. He probably needed to know more emotions before he could describe it.*

Muerte: "~Yes, I was confused... Eating is a sin, because it is turned into waste. To create more waste in existance, is a sin. It is a necessary sin, however. Some sins must be committed, for it strengthens my soul to purge them.~"  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:48 pm
That waste that exits your body sometime after eating does not become waste in existence. It is only a waste to you. There are creatures out there that eat that stuff, some of the creatures are so tiny you can't see them eat it, this plant like substance called a fungus thrives off it, and it is turned into fertilizer which is a food substance for plants.

Making waste is the same reason breathing is a sin right? Well once again it is only waste to you, other creatures need it to live. When you breathe, you breathe in a gas called oxygen and you breathe out a gas called carbon dioxide. Plants need carbon dioxide in order to live. If you didn't breathe they would die. They take in this gas and create the oxygen that you breathe. So you and plants thrive off of each other's waste so nothing is wasted. Is it still a sin to breathe out and create waste to yourself if other things use it?

BlackMN

Captain

Dapper Animal

16,525 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Team Edward 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100

GamingLord
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:49 pm
Muerte: "~I... do not know. I am more confused now...~"
They said they were always right. That Death selected them specifically to teach us... but they said the master would always be right. I do not understand how both can be right. For one to be wrong, it would be against the truth...

*He sighed a bit, using a free hand to rub his forehead as he laid there. He couldn't understand how they could be right AND his mistress could be right, without one of them being wrong. It was beginning to hurt his head a little.*  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:47 pm
I can visually prove what I said about the waste food creates to you later, *she had the scythe goblins in mind for that one,* but the breathing one is a bit more tricky... *She sighed rubbing her fingers against her temple.* This is enough for now... And... I appreciate whatever you did when the demon was behind me and talking to me in my ear. You can either go back to the house of your soul or you can come with me and lay in the grass to watch the sun rise.

*Rosemary got up and went outside to do just that. Just to relax there, and to try to get her mind off of her conversation with the large giant and whatever the heck she was gonna do with him. Hmm...but she did know Death, but she'd need to find out more from the guy or get her thoughts together better before she'd plan or ask anything of her usually very supportive friends.*

*By the time morning came Veni had tried showing her other things including the jumping paper frog.* Sorry Arak, but I need to stop for a couple hours. You've been up all night and goodness knows how long before I arrived, maybe you should too...that is if you do sleep. *He threw away the little junk scraps he made, and tried to neatly arrange the things he made, which was considerably less than she had made. By this time he had no idea where he was going to sleep. He didn't know the lay of the land and now was too late to find a cave...he wondered about cleaning out a chest, but eventually settled on changing into a cat and hiding under the blankets while cuddling up to Jacob.*

*Soon after the sun raised Rosemary returned with a new little bracelet on...she couldn't think of what she wanted it to be and she knew it certainly wasn't that since she doesn't mind losing her arms. There were still demons still about the kitchen, those pigs, and she didn't want to embarrass Jacob by having them catch her laying next to him either...*

*When sleeping beauty began to come back to the land of the living, the first thing he noticed was feel soft fur of the cat next to him and then a black dot on the ceiling that wasn't previously there. When his eyes adjusted more, he noticed it was a bat with its wings folded over its face. Soon the bat looked down at him and then around to see if anyone was around. It was one of those fruit bats that wasn't blind. It stretched a little, swooped down, and changed into a Rosemary who slid in next to him and Veni and nestled up close to them trying to get as much of her against and on them as she could without totally smothering the cat. She was still tired.* Morning Jacob. It's still early for us. How do you feel?

BlackMN

Captain

Dapper Animal

16,525 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Team Edward 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100

GamingLord
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:12 pm
*Muerte had decided that he had enough new information in his skull for the time being, and returned to his 'home'.*

- - - - -

*Arak nodded, stretching out her mouth tendrils before drawing them partway back into her maw. She simply nodded and dragged herself outside underneat a tree. She curled her body up into a roughly ball like shape, completely armored on the outside. Before Veni fell asleep, Jacob had wrapped his arm around the vampire-cat and hugged him close.*

*A couple hours later, he awoke to a bat on his ceiling. First, he quickly felt his face, smiling a little as he felt it was still whole. Covering his mouth to yawn, his eyes were barely open as Rosemary laid on his bed. Jacob scooted back as much as he could, gently pulling the cat Veni under the blanket with him. He then reached over with an arm and hugged Rosemary, his head falling back onto his pillow.*

Jacob: "Mmf, still sleepy. I don't quite want to get out of bed... you know, the demons bought this for me, since they were so concerned I'd only get something cheap and sensible... they were right of course. I do have to admit that this mattress is extremely comfortable... more so without any open wounds sticking to the sheets."

"Eh, sorry about not being particuarly good host last night to you two. I got a bit over-excited with the new spell. I knew it was going to make me tired, but I suppose I didn't think it'd wear me out this much. How did you spend your time last night?"

*He glanced over his blanket, noticing the large amount of paper snowflakes all over it. He blinked a bit, before it dawned on his sleepy head that they shouldn't be on his covers.*

Jacob: "I'm guessing Veni was responsible for this? What's this?"

*He picked up one of the paper airplanes on his legs, and turned it around in his hands.*  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:40 pm
You also smell better and have less a chance of getting pounced when we wake up.

That is a paper airplane, *she said and picked up a couple snowflakes and sniffed them.* No, not Veni, they don't smell like him. Arak was folding papers too. He was showing her how to fold things from paper. She might have gotten carried away and may even be be saying, "Look what I can do" since she put them all over you. Hold it like this and toss it.

Well what I did was talk to that guy in the sword named Muerte. I don't really want to discuss our conversation too much right now. That sword obviously houses his soul, it can turn into just about anything I want it to, anytime. Right now it's the bracelet I have on. If I hand it to you, you'll be his master because they wanted it to make it easy for other soldiers to use him. I didn't ask who 'they' were, but they were obviously the people who beat everything out of him and everything into him that they wanted him to know. He seems to know almost nothing beyond battle...including several emotions...

How do you tell someone what the purpose of laughing is if they've never done it nor do they know many of th emotions associated with it? That one was hard...I don't think he completely got it...I confused the poor guy quite a bit. I think he worships Death as his god and Hell is the only afterlife that he knows of so instead of going there he 'helps' Death or something like that. By the way there's a small plothole in that one room you casted the spell in. I'm sorry. Don't ask me now what we were doing. -_-; I'll fix it later.

Next time will you please at least do a mock version of the spell and go through the motions without actually casting it and not dive right into it? We were concerned about you messing up or something bad happening to you.

Anyways... We were just glad to see you seem happy. You don't usually go very long without this face, *she mocked his normally sad, tired, and weary looking expression.* It was nice to see you laugh, enjoy yourself for most of the time you were awake, *she touched his face and gave him a lazy smile because she still planned to sleep,* and for a moment even seem to forget about your wounded spots and how terrible you looked to most people. *She was thinking of how he asked Veni if he wanted to feed off him while she fed.*

So, *She looked at him smugly.* Did you enjoy touching him while knowing that he enjoyed it too? You looked really cute when you were asleep a little while ago with him in you arms. You really going to let Veni bite you there next time if he feels like it?

BlackMN

Captain

Dapper Animal

16,525 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Team Edward 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100

GamingLord
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:52 pm
*Jacob sent the paper airplane flying, watching as it eventually dived into the kitchen, and poked a random demon in the rear. The demon grumbled, swatting at whatever had just poked him without paying attention. A while later, the demon left through the backdoor, a large plate of varied meats in it's claws.*

Jacob: "Arak, heh... Not only can she thrive and swim around in a planet submerged in acid, she's a pretty sweet kid. It's probably time for her several hour rest."

"Something about Muerte... sounds vaguely familar, like I've read something about it before. Like I've read bits and pieces of what you described, soldiers, Hell-only afterlife, soul-binding... Whenever you can share it with me, tell me as much as possible about your conversation. I'm going to be doing some research later today..."

"I can't imagine how difficult it could be to teach somebody what emotion is... Maybe Xylanthos and Tiamos can help you with that. Don't worry about that room, I can just use a drop of construction solution to repair. It's why I had that room designed in the first place, for potentially messy spells."

Though can't help but wonder what was going on in there to cause that...

*he shook his head, trying to surpress that thought before it slipped, but knowing it was already too late*

Jacob: "Sorry, it was foolish to me to just rush right into that spell. My... I don't know what else to call it but 'hunch sense' was in overdrive... Certain that it was geniuine, and that I wouldn't botch it up. I'll try harder next time to at least act it out and make sure everything's better prepared before hand."

*He flushed just a little at the questions, but smiled a bit, playing with Rosemary's hair and stroking the side of her face before nuzzling his head into the pillow a bit more.*

Jacob: "Yes, touching him was nice. Touching the both of you was very nice. As for having him bite me there... Well, it's his favorite spot to feed, isn't it? Don't you have a favorite feeding spot?"

*He scratched the Veni-cat behind his ears, yawning a bit as his eyelids drooped. Raising an arm and gesturing a bit, a sheet of paper and a pen floated to him from his desk. He scribbled quickly, making a small list of things he would want to do today, and things that needed to be done. Reading it over a few times and satisified it was good enough, he magically floated it over back to his desk and pinned it to the wall.*  
Role Play Archival (Completed or "On Hiatus" RPs)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 87 88 89 90 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games