Back to Guilds

Tags: Dragonriders of Pern 

Reply Old Events
Ieirne Weyr Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Will you rise to meet Thread when it rains down on us again?
Through Fall, fog, and fire I shall!
54%
 54%  [ 6 ]
By the shards of my dragons egg, I will.
27%
 27%  [ 3 ]
...uh, is there a third choice?
18%
 18%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 11

Dragon_Lady_Selene
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:58 pm
T'gal grinned at the female bronzerider. "It's fine, I don't mind. No I didn't meet Barith here. I Impressed him several years ago at Benden Weyr. I transfered here recently because my Weyrleader disliked my flirting with the Weyrwoman even though it was just playing." He looked out at the two dragons where Barith had leapt and managed to soak the much larger bronze. The blue even warbled his amusement at the game. T'gal smiled at the sight before continuing. "As for how many, not a lot, most of us came as transfer riders. We've got plenty of candidites for the next Hatching though. What about you? How long have you known Arizath? How on earth did you managed to bond to a bronze?"  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 5:57 pm
T'thia's eyes widened as she heard this blue rider was from benden and smiled

"I too am from benden though you most likely left before my time. As for Riz...."

she looked out fondley at her dragon

"We bonded near four turns ago, i've been five turns in weyr. How I bonded...."

T'thia turned her crystal blue eyes skyward as she thought back

"I was to stand the sands for the queen, there were six other girls. Most were nervouse and their knees were shaking, but I had already believed I wasn't going to bond to a queen. So by resigning myself to that I fealt calm and was merely a spectator with the best spot on the hatching grounds. When the eggs started hatching it was fun to see the pairs but then the queen started to crack and shake, so all of us turned our full attention to it including me. when the egg burst the next thing I knew I was laying on my back with a loud screaching thing underneath me. I thought I had impressed the gold for a moment but when I stood up I found that it was a bronze that had run straight from his egg and knocked me off my feet, he announced his name and demanded food and from that point on we were each others"

T'thia turned her bright gaze back to T'gal the happy feeling of the memory still dancing in the corner of her eyes

"I recieved a lot of snickers and sneers and to this day some older riders don't think it natural but far be it from me at that point, a mere candidate, to deny the choice of a dragon"

T'thia gave a small giggle as Arizath beat the water with his tail showering Barith.  

Kaibain

Dragon_Lady_Selene
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:05 pm
T'gal smiled. "Far be it indeed. Look at them, old Barith hasn't played like that in years."

Barith made a protesting squak at the larger bronze then dunked under the water and jumped out high enough that when he came down, he soaked not only his bronze playmate, but the conversing riders.

T'gal jumped back. "Oy Barith, that's not necissary. Take it easy old friend."

The blue snorted at him. I am taking it easy. This is fun.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:40 pm
Arizath snickered in a hissing fasion when he saw his rider completley soaked

"it's not funny"

I think it is. But as long as you're wet why not come for a swim?"

T'thia paused for a moment then shrugged. Pulling off her boots, shoulder knotts and leather harper vest she stood and looked at T'gal

"as long as we're wet we might as well join. what d'ya say?"  

Kaibain

Cherished Strawberries
Vice Captain

950 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 2:38 pm
Lina looked over at Jovia, her junior weyrwoman, and smiled. Mith, knowing that Lina would handle anything else that mght happen, returned to the Hatching Sands and her eggs.

"No thank you, Jovia," she said. "They're new riders here, so they've been given permission to choose whichever weyr they and their dragons feel comfortable in. Which reminds me, have you oiled your queen's hide yet? You have to do it nearly every day, so the hide doesn't crack. It makes going between a nightmare of pain."  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 2:49 pm
"Yes ma'am. When I first woke this morning." Jovia replied obediently.

((I have to go. I'll be right back.))  

Jennamatic3000

Dragon_Lady_Selene
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:12 am
M'gor watched the two women converse quietly. Meanwhile Cadeth, having seen that all the commotion was over, quietly followed Mith back to the hatching sands.

T'gal grinned at the bronzeriders' suggestion. "That's a good idea, let's have a swim then." He too then began pulling off his boots and tunic, leaving his pants on and jumped in.

Barith rumbled in pleasure when he saw that his rider had desided to join him.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:01 pm
T'thia grinned and ran after T'gal diving graceful into the water. she remained under for quite some time, one might think she had forgotten she needed to come up for air, but then she emerged, crouched on Arizath's head as he raised his neck to it's full height. T'thia then stood and dove off doing a summer sault in mid air and landing in the water with very little splash if any. when she surfaced she was grinning broadley and looked at T'gal apologeticaly. she didn't mean to be such a show off

"Sorry, I come from a sea hold and I love the water"  

Kaibain

Sallah Telgar

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:29 am
((And here's my only current rider.))

D'kan admitted to being lost again. He'd been wandering the weyr for over an hour now, and he'd been here only an hour. He was newly arrived to the weyr, and was in search of either the Weyrwoman or the Weyrman. He knew he needed to introduce himself, and his brown was beginning to get ansy.

I told you we should have asked for directions, mine. Came the steady voice of D'kan's brown Torganith. The large sturdy creature had been toddling along after his rider until his massive frame no longer allowed for him to follow and had then wandered off in another direction while still being closeby.

We would have needed to have seen someone to ask for directions, my sturdy friend. D'kan responded, looking around for anyone to speak to.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:49 pm
M'gor spotted the wandering brownrider. "Oy there fellow, you seem a little lost."

Cadeth's voice came from the hatching sands. He is D'kan, brown Torganith's rider.

M'gor held a hand out to the man. "Cadeth says your D'kan, welcome."

----

T'gal only grinned broader as he got Barith to give him a boost over to the other rider. "Naw it's fine, you shouldn't be embarrassed to show off what you're obviously good at."  

Dragon_Lady_Selene
Captain

Cherished Strawberries
Vice Captain

950 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:14 pm
((Just thought I'd mention that dragons don't fit in the halls.))

Lina smiled proudly at Jovia. "Good girl," she said. She spotted M'gor conversing with another transfer, this one a brown rider. "Hm. Another transfer had arrived."

It is brown Torganith's rider, D'kan.

"Mith says his name is D'kan, brown Torganith's rider," she said to Jovia. "Watch closely how M'gor handles this, Jovia. I think I'll watch as well. He's much better at this than I am."  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:24 pm
((Oops. Sorry. I guess I should say he tried to follow his rider until he wouldn't fit then went back to their weyr or something.))

D'kan turned around at the sound of his name being spoken, a grin coming up on his face as he reached out to take the other man's hand. "You would be right on that account. I did get lost wandering around here. And your Cadeth would be right, I am D'kan and that..."

A loud annoyed bugling could be heard echoing through the halls as Torganith announced once again that he'd gotten lost wandering the areas the dragons could fit. "Would be my Torganith."  

Sallah Telgar

Jennamatic3000

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:04 pm
Jovai nodded. I know how to handle introductions and greetings and such... she thought sulkily, so quietly that even Sadeth couldn't hear her. Even though she was slightly upset by this internally, she showd no signs of it and watched intently.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:43 pm
Lina snorted as she heard Torganith's frustration. Then she was struck by inspiration. She smiled. Why just have Jovia watch when she could show off what skills she already knew?

"If you'd like, you can go over and join in," she said. "It would be good to show you off. After all, you are a queenrider."  

Cherished Strawberries
Vice Captain

950 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
Old Events

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers