Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply RP Retreat
* Harry Potter; Mauraders' Era; lunch (next muggle studies); Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 34 35 36 37 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

<3;
  <3;
View Results

Spiffeh Hats

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:47 pm
His hand slipped from hers and returned to his side as he peered down at her with a concerned experssion. Perhaps he ran into people often enough, but that didn't mean he'd adjusted to their alarmed, and often hurt, expressions that typically came with the initial fall. At least Hestia wasn't yelling at him, as the last person had done...

"If you're sure," Kingsley replied, looking unconvinced. He mcouldn't help but grin as she stared up at him; his height was often a bit surprising, particularly to the vertically challenged. "But don't worry about it. I'm clumsy; you aren't the first person I've run into, and I doubt you'll be the last."  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:54 pm
Peter stopped figeting at Sirius's words and looked down at his hands.

"Yeah im starved too, even though i had about a hundred bertie botts on the train you'd think i'd have learnt by now not to eat the earwax ones but after a couple you kind of get used to it really" he replied.

Peter looked out the window, lost in thought, well one thought really and that was his OWL's he was so anxious, he lacked the ability Sirius and James had and he knew he couldn't touch Remus with a bargepole, he'd need some serious help this year and it bothered him.  

yellis

Sikhe

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:13 pm
"By independent studies do you mean that you will be having private lessons in Divination or are you just going to be researching it on your own? Either way, I'm sure you will improve greatly. And, yes, we do have our OWLS this year. Are they as dreadful as I have heard they are?"

"Both, really," Sybill said happily. I'll be working mostly on my own, but I'll have to make regular reports to Professor Pythia, who's acting as my mentor. But, yeah, OWLS are very difficult. You'll use anything and everything you've learned since you've started Hogwarts." Sybill looked thoughtfully at the two of them. "You'll do fine in the end, but the stress of preparing will surely cause at least one trip to the hospital wing for each of you."

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:11 pm
"But don't worry about it. I'm clumsy; you aren't the first person I've run into, and I doubt you'll be the last."

Hestia grinned gently as she looked up at her new rather tall acquaintance. "Clumsy? But aren't we all? Unfortunately, rather than knocking people over, I tend to get overlooked and people seem to have a problem with trippnig voer me," she pointed out with a snicker as she extended her hand gently. "I'm Hestia Jones--fifth year, Ravenclaw." She tilted her head lightly. "And yourself?"  

Le Papillon Pleurant

850 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

Spiffeh Hats

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:53 pm
"Sounds rather... painful," he replied, looking fairly amused with the girl standing before him. His grin grew as he shook her hand with his own strong grip. A Ravenclaw, eh? Well, that certainly explained why she hadn't looked the least bit familiar, nevermind that she was already two years younger than himself.

"Kingsley Shacklebolt," he said as his hand returned to his side once more. "Seventh year, Gryffindor. You'll be taking your O.W.L.s this year, then?"  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:26 pm
"Seventh year, Gryffindor. You'll be taking your O.W.L.s this year, then?"

"Nice to meet you," she said, beaming happily as she cocked her head to the side a bit, still craning back to look up into the Gryffindor's face. At the mentions of O.W.L.s, however, she grimaced a good bit. "Yes, it is a horrid thing to consider. I think I'll do fine on everything except History of Magic. I fall asleep in the class periodically and can't even translate what Professor Binns is lullnig about."  

Le Papillon Pleurant

850 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

Spiffeh Hats

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:43 pm
"The pleasure's all mine," Kingsley answered. For a fleeting moment he wished he wasn't so tall; perhaps then she wouldn't have to crane her neck to look at him. He pushed this thought to the back of his mind, however, as Hestia spoke again, this time in response to his inquiry of O.W.L.s. Kingsley remembered his own fifth year, and repressed a grimace; he hadn't done so well in History of Magic, either.

"I wouldn't worry too much," he told her in what he hoped was a comforting manner. "Unless you need History of Magic; I managed a... er, well, I don't have the best memory, and I suppose Dreadful is better than Troll..."  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:47 pm
A bit of laughter came from Hestia as she heard his response to her condemning of her least favorite subject. "I don't necessarily need it. I'm thinking about becoming an Auror, if I score high enough on my Defense Against the Dark Arts exam!" She seemed rather cheerful about the idea. she ahd always been a decent student in that class. "If not that, I'll probably become an Astronomer or maybe consider being a Healer. Potions is my second best subject."  

Le Papillon Pleurant

850 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

Spiffeh Hats

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:54 pm
"An Auror?" Kingsley repeated, sounding rather interested. "That's what I'm going for; N.E.W.T. level Transfiguration is a nightmare, let me tell you." He made a little face, both at the thought of the load of homework Professor McGonagall was bound to give them their first day back, and at the thought of Potions, which happened to be one of his least favorite subjects.

"I'm not the best at Potions," he admitted. "But I made it; at least Slughorn doesn't deman perfection. Just close."  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:11 pm
"That's true. Potions can be challenging. It has a lot to do with getting jsut the right amount, no more and no less," she agreed with a sigh at the thought of how difficult that part of the test would be. She wrinkled her nose in thought. "Being an Auror would be unbelievably wonderful, but I'm still a bit scared of the idea. I may be smart and nkow my spells, but I'm certainly not the bravest of my house. I get scared of even the slightest things. I definitely would make an effort, though. I suppose that counts." She laughed, feeling as thought she were rambling a little.  

Le Papillon Pleurant

850 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

Spiffeh Hats

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:23 pm
Kingsley shook his head as if he disagreed. "I think you could do it," he said. "When the time comes, I think most people can be brave." He let out a soft sort of sigh. "At least you aren't afraid of Muggle toasters..." Kingsley shuddered at the thought; ever since his encounter with an enchanted toaster, he'd never been able to look at the silly contraption the same way again.

He moved ahead in the crowd, easily clearing a path through the swarm of people. It was starting to grow cold outside, and his scarf and robes simply weren't going to cut it. He beckoned for Hestia to follow; she was interesting to talk.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:44 am
((Papi posting on her mule. <3))

Hestia nodded gently and grinned a little bit up at him. "I think I could do it. I may not have a tough backbone, but I certainly have one," she replied with a nod.

When she noticed Kingsley making his way to the door and gesturing for her to follow, she hobbled along like apenguin through the crowd of people. It was indeed getting quite cold, but at least she had someone to chat with for the time being until the Sorting ceremony. "I'm always glad when the year starts. It's so much more interesting here at school than at home with my family," she said, wrinkling her nose a bit. "Ever since I started going to Hogwarts, they've been a bit distant from me."  

[-Rock Me Amadeus-]

Maze

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:23 pm
As Severus turned towards the door, he found Lucius eyeing him with an almost cold look in his eyes. "And I see you intend to continue your studies here at Hogwarts with your trademarked lack of manners."

Crabbe had opened the door and sat back down again to allow Malfoy the room to pass, who climbed out the carriage with nary a backwards glance. Crabbe and Goyle exited the carriage after him, hurrying after Lucius who was stalking ahead, obviously annoyed with something.

((Yay for fairly.. useless post. XD Enjoy!))  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:26 pm
"Both, really. I'll be working mostly on my own, but I'll have to make regular reports to Professor Pythia, who's acting as my mentor. But, yeah, OWLS are very difficult. You'll use anything and everything you've learned since you've started Hogwarts. You'll do fine in the end, but the stress of preparing will surely cause at least one trip to the hospital wing for each of you."

"Well, that should be very interesting, and I'm sure you'll learn loads more on your own then you would in the class. And, I really hope I won't end up in the hospital wing. I hate that place."

After the carriage had come to a complete stop, Venatici opened the door and stepped out. Then, he waited next to it so that he could help Lucy and Sybill down.

Mistril

Spiffeh Hats

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:45 pm
Kingsley frowned as he thought over her words. Her family was distant? That didn't sound good... Of course, Kingsley didn't exactly have ideal relationships with his parents; his mother was dead, and his father worked at the Ministry for most of the day, returning home long after Kingsley had gone to bed, leaving soon before he woke up.

"Don't like magic much?" he asked, curiously, turning his dark eyes to look down at her. "Sorry, it's not my place to ask..." Kingsley returned his gaze to the crowd before them which, the closer they moved toward the Entrance Hall, the thicker and more impenetrable it seemed to get.  
RP Retreat

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 34 35 36 37 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games