Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]
Jade Legacy [L5R 3eR] - Act 1: Atsumari/Gathering Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 118 119 120 121 122 123 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:25 am
@ Scorpion Shenanigans:

"The servant who showed up was about 17, I'd say. Young man, very lithe build, eyes looked a bit sunken in but he seemed pleasant enough. Very soft spoken. He said his name was Kakuei."

Though Kojiro wouldn't know the name, the description DID fit one of Kita's servants.  
Mongooseh rolled 5 10-sided dice: 7, 2, 2, 2, 1 Total: 14 (5-50)
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:29 am
@Shogi Competition

"In all truth I'd rather not appear in history books that much although to muse the idea that people would be able to recall my name even after I die gives me a warm feeling... It is just that I'd rather not make it an active interest of my life I'd be satisfied to be listed down as Kaiu Kagae one of the few who were able to forge a Kaiu Blade... This of course seems to be the opposite of your goals which seems to be some kind of fame... Why do you seek fame Makoto-san?"

Kagae would initiate the assault like always attacking with a strong left flank and a mediocre middle.

(Calling 2 raises. One to bank and one to raise Makoto's TN. Battle 5k3 vs TN 15 Result: 11 )  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:03 am
@ Shogi Competition:

Makoto gains a free banked raise!

Kaiu Kagae has 4 banked raises! TN 5
Tamori Makoto has 0 banked raises! TN 15

Makoto would use his free banked raise to lower his TN; then try to counter the incoming attack by coming at it from the side! {2 raises, 19 vs TN 20}

Kagae gains a free banked raise!

"Why wouldn't I seek fame? Though it's more recognition than anything. There's only one true master in each generation, and its a seat that needs to be claimed. It's simply my destiny to claim it." He would pause, and overlook the battle. "Not if I keep playing like this though. What was I thinking?"  
Mongooseh rolled 5 10-sided dice: 4, 7, 9, 2, 1 Total: 23 (5-50)
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:08 am
@Shogi Competition

"Dazzled by the lights of fame maybe? In truth it is a personal preference of mine to not be in the centre of focus even if my actions present an contradicting picture."

Kagae begun reinforcing his weak middle with excess pieces on the left flank which weren't doing anything and would be needed elsewhere.

(Calling 2 raises. One to bank and one to raise Makoto's TN. Battle 5k3 vs TN 15 Result: 20 )  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:13 am
@ Shogi Competition:

Kaiu Kagae has 5 banked raises! TN 5
Tamori Makoto has 0 banked raises! TN 15

"But remember; I can afford to be sloppy. You cannot. At this point, it might be interesting to see how your own strategy will play out. During the first round, I didn't quite have the luxury of... well, no, I wouldn't spoil it for him. Forget I said anything." He would wave off what he was about to say, returning his focus to his game.

{2 raises, 16 vs TN 25}

Kaiu Kagae gains a free banked raise!  
Mongooseh rolled 5 10-sided dice: 10, 10, 9, 10, 3 Total: 42 (5-50)
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:18 am
@Shogi Competition

"Gah! You're being cryptic! I loathe it!"

Kagae would keep the pressure up focusing it into the middle hoping to breech his lines. This tactic he had used so many times and seemed to have not failed him so far. Will it be enough to beat Makoto?

(Calling 2 raises. One to bank and one to raise Makoto's TN. Battle 5k3 vs TN 15 Result: 59 )  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
Mongooseh rolled 3 10-sided dice: 7, 7, 10 Total: 24 (3-30)

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:19 am
{Might aswell roll them}  
Mongooseh rolled 1 10-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-10)
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:19 am
{Lets see how deep the rabbit hole goes}  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:06 am
@ Shogi Competition:

Kaiu Kagae has 7 banked raises! TN 5
Tamori Makoto has 0 banked raises! TN 20

Makoto would raise an eyebrow. "Cryptic? For respecting another samurai's privacy? I think you're reading far too much into things. You really should loosen up, Kagae-san, lest you want to be bald before you reach your thirtieth year." Makoto would smile, trying to survey the extent of the damage, realizing there was little he could do about it now; he had been far too lax in his playstyle.

{1 raise, 18 vs TN 25}

Kagae gains a free banked raise!  
Mongooseh rolled 5 10-sided dice: 5, 8, 9, 10, 7 Total: 39 (5-50)
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:10 am
@Shogi competition

"Sorry I thought you were talking from third person..." Apologised Kagae rubbing the back of his neck and observing the field some more. Realising he had a chance to checkmate he would forgo making things difficult for Makoto and head straight for the king.

(Calling 2 raises. Banking both. Battle 5k3 vs TN 15 Result: 34 )  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:15 am
@ Shogi Competition:

Kaiu Kagae has 10 banked raises! TN 5
Tamori Makoto has 0 banked raises! TN 20

Makoto saw the bloody swathe Kagae's pieces had cut through his ranks, and saw there wasn't much he could do. He thought about trying to reposition the king... {1 raise, 16 vs TN 25}

Kagae gains a free banked raise

But realized he was in trouble. "That's checkmate, it seems!"  
Mongooseh rolled 5 10-sided dice: 1, 7, 6, 4, 3 Total: 21 (5-50)
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:19 am
@Shogi Competition

"I would hope so! It would of been a wasted effort otherwise."

He would then move his pieces into position in what he hoped to be a checkmate
(10 raises used to call checkmate. Battle 5k3 vs TN 5 Result: 17 )  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:40 am
@ Shogi Competition:

"Well done, well done. This has been most enlightening!" Makoto said, clapping a few times and smiling. "But, as per the tournament set-up, we must play again. Can you repeat the same feat?"

Rather than hand Kagae the king, Makoto would simply begin resetting the pieces instead.

WINNER: KAIU KAGAE  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:43 am
@Shogi Competition

"For the crab clan! I think that is the most appropriate response to that question... Right Hogai-san?" Responded Kagae joining him in resetting his pieces to the right side of the board and spoke as he done so, "Is there any chance of a drink while we play?.. Thirsty work this... Considering how long it has been.."  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:55 am
@ Shogi Competition:

"Keep it up at this rate, Kagae-san, and you'll be leading entire divisions of Samurai on the wall," Hogai boasted proudly at Kagae's success.

"I'm afraid I must say no," Benjiro would respond. "This is a measure of aptitude at shogi and warfare. The important thing is to remain focused on the game, not your drinks. There will be plenty to drink afterwards, if you want. You only need to complete one more game first." He did seem somewhat apologetic about the situation, for what it's worth.

--------------------

After the pieces were set up, Makoto would paw at his own King, looking thoughtful. "I think I'll try a more aggressive strategy of my own this time 'round, Kagae-san. Are you ready?" He would begin by force marching his pawns forward, one piece at a time.

{3 raises, 19 vs TN 20}

KHAAAAAAAAAANNNNNN!!! Also, Kagae gains a free banked raise!  
[L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 118 119 120 121 122 123 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games