Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]
Jade Legacy [L5R 3eR] - Act 1: Atsumari/Gathering Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 119 120 121 122 123 124 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Mongooseh rolled 5 10-sided dice: 1, 9, 9, 2, 4 Total: 25 (5-50)

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:00 am
@Shogi Competition

"If I wasn't I wouldn't of come this far..."

Not being one for holding back Kagae decided to see if he obtain a pre-emptive strike on Makoto's advance by force marching his troops.

(Calling 2 raises. One to bank and one to raise Makoto's TN. Battle 5k3 vs TN 15 Result: 22 )  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:04 am
@ Shogi Competition:

Tamori Makoto has 0 banked raises. TN 10
Kaiu Kagae has 2 banked raises. TN 5

Makoto was off to a rougher start this time, as Kagae took to an immediate offense, like the previous battle. He would continue moving pieces forward behind his pawns, readying for an all-out assault. {2 raises, 1 to lower his TN, 1 to bank; 22 vs TN 20}  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Mongooseh rolled 5 10-sided dice: 8, 3, 5, 6, 2 Total: 24 (5-50)

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:08 am
@Shogi Competition

Kagae noticing the small reforms would attempt to catch Makoto's line off guard by launching the offensive before Makoto could. Would this be enough for Kagae to sieze the advantage and the game?

(Calling 2 raises. One to bank and one to raise Makoto's TN. Battle 5k3 vs TN 15 Result: 19 )  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:11 am
@ Shogi Competition:

Tamori Makoto has 1 banked raise. TN 10
Kaiu Kagae has 3 banked raises. TN 5

Makoto frowned a bit, and decided to take a bit of a gamble. He would call upon the insight of his void to make a very risky gambit of luring out Kagae's protecting pieces. {Spending his banked raise to lower his TN, spending a void for a free raise, 3 raises called; 23 vs TN 20; Makoto gains 4 banked raises!}  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Mongooseh rolled 5 10-sided dice: 10, 8, 5, 7, 8 Total: 38 (5-50)

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:15 am
@Shogi Competition

Kagae almost reeled back as if the impact was real. Then he refocused and tried to hold the line he had formed by attacking despite the loss of his pieces.

(Calling 2 raises. One to bank and one to raise Makoto's TN. Battle 5k3 vs TN 15 Result: 33 )  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:27 am
@ Shogi Competition:

Tamori Makoto has 4 banked raises. TN 10
Kaiu Kagae has 4 banked raises. TN 5

Kagae would take a piece and lose a piece, occasionally to a cleverly positioned pawn. As Makoto continued to push, it would be forcing Kagae to clear a way to his own king. {Spending a banked raise to lower his TN, spending his second Void point for a free raise, then 3 raises; 11 vs TN 20}

Kagae gains a free banked raise!  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Mongooseh rolled 5 10-sided dice: 8, 2, 9, 4, 9 Total: 32 (5-50)

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:30 am
@Shogi competition

Kagae tried to close the gap and maintain or change the balance of the mid board clash. If he lost now it would be devastating!

(Calling 2 raises. Banking both. Battle 5k3 vs TN 15 Result: 26 )  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:32 am
@ Shogi Competition:

Tamori Makoto has 3 banked raises. TN 5
Kaiu Kagae has 7 banked raises. TN 5

Makoto scanned the board thoughtfully, moving his hand to adjust his Silver General, but took it off and went for a bishop instead. {Last void point spent for a free raise, 3 raises, 12 vs TN 20}

However, Makoto was lucky, and perhaps this might be salvagable! {Lucky reroll spent, 22 vs TN 20; Makoto gains 4 banked raises!}  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Mongooseh rolled 5 10-sided dice: 6, 6, 9, 4, 4 Total: 29 (5-50)

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:36 am
@Shogi competition

Kagae begun reinforcing has lines with captured pieces to ready himself for hopefully the final push though they did seem to be on the same wave length here... It would be whoever could get to the others king first!

(Calling 2 raises. Banking both. Battle 5k3 vs TN 15 Result: 21)  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:40 am
@ Shogi Competition:

Tamori Makoto has 7 banked raises. TN 5
Kaiu Kagae has 9 banked raises. TN 5

Hogai seemed to be biting his nails as he leaned forward, while Benjiro looked up with keen interest. Makoto saw the rush for his King, but if he could just get to Kagae's first, the match would be his. But could he? Would he? The decisive, game-deciding move would be made...

He brought a Knight up to try to get the king, which he could get in two or three moves, with his rook in place! {3 raises, 14 vs TN 20}

Kagae gains a free banked raise!  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Mongooseh rolled 5 10-sided dice: 3, 9, 7, 4, 1 Total: 24 (5-50)

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:44 am
@Shogi Competition

The rush was killing him inside as he rushed a knight through the gap in his lines in hopes to get to Makoto's king first!

"Checkmate... I won?"

(10 raises used to checkmate! 5k3 vs Tn 5 Result: 20 )  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:47 am
[Late Night Stroll]

That hadn't gone as well as he'd hoped, but Denbe knew a few important things now- he knew whom he might see on the dueling field not only if they were so lucky, but if a shugenja or samurai of the court without a katana were to see great success. It was food for thought, and gave him a solid inclination of what to try next-

But first, he'd need to rest. Despite having caught a nap earlier, if he was out and about too much longer, even the Hare would find himself fatigued on the field tomorrow.

Making one last circuit around the camps to tire his feet and let his mind empty itself, given no other late night interruptions, Denbe would find his tent, and then sleep.

((And unless anyone cares to jump in (feel free to), that's it for the time paradox late night, and I'll just play out the evening after competitions later.))  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:50 am
@ Shogi Competition:

"No, merely a Check. You see, I could..." He double taked at his own King, reaching up to rub the back of his head awkwardly. "Well... damn." This time, he would take his King, and indeed hand it to Kagae.

"You earned this, for sure! Good work, Kagae-san. I learned much from this experience!"

Hogai would pump a fist (yes, only one) into the air victoriously, and Benjiro would clap. "Excellent game, the two of you. That could have gone either way in the end there."

WINNER: KAIU KAGAE

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Makoto would stand and bow to Kagae. "As you can see, both of our journeys are just beginning. At our next encounter after the tournament, I will be better prepared for you, and we must have a rematch. You will be my next bar to surpass, my next hurdle to overcome. I won't consider myself beyond what I am until beat you."

Kaiu Kagae - 1 point of Glory for competing in the Shogi Competition. 1 points of Glory for winning the Shogi Competition..
Kitsu Kyumi - 1 point of Glory for competing in the Shogi Competition.

Also: Since it is no mystery at this point, I can reward them now. Anyone who competed in this competition gains 1 experience point which, like the one from the previous day, can be spent in any fashion of your choosing, if you decide not to bank it. Your expenditure will take effect starting the following morning. Please inform the GM of any expenditures.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:57 am
@Shogi Competition

"What a scary proposition Makoto-san..." Replied Kagae as he bowed to Makoto and taking his king adding it to the others he had so far collected and then turned to Benjiro, "What will I do with these? If you want them back you can otherwise I have an idea for them... Thank you for your kind words also... It seems I did pay attention when my Sensei was teaching us about warfare back home..."

Kagae would then stand and wait for a response.  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:10 pm
@ Hare Shenanigans:

As soon as Denbe put his head down upon his bed, a figure would burst into his tent, and the individual would thrust their weapon down at him! The wide, broad-ended part of their sasumata would thrust downward, pinning Denbe to the bed by his throat!

"WHAT ARE THE TWO OF YOU UP TO?! CONFESS!" shouted a squeaky girl's voice.  
[L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 119 120 121 122 123 124 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games