Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]
L5R - Jade Legacy OOC thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 120 121 122 123 124 125 ... 134 135 136 137 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:57 pm
Btw, for those who have void points, you can use one void point to gain rank 1 in a skill you don't have.....such as medicine! A skill that would be really helpful in reviving bandits and Crabs who may or may not make it through the night. Just saying.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:11 pm
Plainsfox
Btw, for those who have void points, you can use one void point to gain rank 1 in a skill you don't have.....such as medicine! A skill that would be really helpful in reviving bandits and Crabs who may or may not make it through the night. Just saying.

Though a medicine kit helps.

"I use my medicine skill to bandage them up!"

"... where do you get the bandages from?"  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:19 pm
*Kojiro looks over to his spare kimono and finds it rapidly converted into bandages*

Kojiro: Kami Dammit! Why can't that kimono stay in one piece!  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:29 pm
Denbe will kick the blood back into them. >:{

...but yeah, I'm figuring since Kojiro and Denbe are the best candidates for it (after Kagae) I'm gonna be burning my other void and taking care of the sickies, soon as we get some improvised supplies.  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:20 pm
I'm not bad for it... am I?  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:33 pm
YOu're probably better than Kojiro is if you have void to burn, Raga.  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:49 am
Involved
Kojiro

Staying out of it
Kagae

Undecided
Miyako
Denbe
Zanzen
Hisashi  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:19 am
Denbe is going to be a bit busy trying to figure out how to deal with the magistrate's overwhelming gratitude to get involved. Tabi says Miyako is also planning to sit this one out.  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:15 pm
What exactly is Kojiro doing?  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:27 pm
Raganui Minamoto
What exactly is Kojiro doing?

Attempting to do a Knockdown, using the rules for Jiujutsu with his chain weapon (when he shouldn't) to push Zanzen into Machiko.

TECHNICALLY I think he's doing a Takedown rather than a Knockdown, since no damage was rolled.

Ultimately, if he hits Zanzen (which he should by my estimate), consider yourself prone. But NOT knocked into Machiko.

BUT he needs to beat you in a contested Strength Roll before he succeeds.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:55 pm
All I want to do is to shove Zanzen into Machiko. I am using the rules I am being told to use to attempt to do this action. Since rolling damage will keep it a legal maneuver, I'll do that. I'm sorry for the confusion.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:32 pm
Plainsfox
All I want to do is to shove Zanzen into Machiko. I am using the rules I am being told to use to attempt to do this action. Since rolling damage will keep it a legal maneuver, I'll do that. I'm sorry for the confusion.

Knockdown and Takedown are the same maneuver, requiring the same raises. Knockdown does damage if it hits. Takedown ignores armor, but does no damage if it hits.

To move someone in any direction but "down", it needs to be via Jiujutsu, and no other way.

During the discussion, I thought you still wanted to do the Knockdown Takedown, despite the lack of Jiujutsu, so I was discussing with you how to do that using your chain weapon. If the whole point of the maneuver was to get Zanzen and Machiko closer to one another, it is kind of impossible for you without the use of the void points you've already spent.

As such, if you do want to redo your turn, you can. Sorry for the misunderstanding.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:15 pm
*nods* I'll redo my post slightly. No shovings. I"m sorry for all the confusion this has been.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:55 am
Sorry, family is a b***h at times.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:56 pm
Actually, what I told you was SLIGHTLY wrong. It's your Earth + Insight, not Strength + Insight.

But since you chose Earth/Water, it's the same roll anyways.  
[L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 120 121 122 123 124 125 ... 134 135 136 137 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games