Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]
Jade Legacy [L5R 3eR] - Act 1: Atsumari/Gathering Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 120 121 122 123 124 125 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:16 pm
@ Shogi Competition:

"Actually, you can return those to Benjiro-san," Doji Kita would say from the doorway, resting her shoulder upon it while she held a scroll case in her hands.

Benjiro smiled at his fellow magistrate's arrival, and explained. "She's right, of course. She has a tendency of doing that. But the sets belong to our organization, and to the Crane, and each King was part of a set."

Kita would walk in slowly, Makoto and Hogai bowing to her arrival. "It's not just that. Kagae-san, you even won the Shogi Competition too? Very impressive. But come, we need to talk." When she noticed Hogai's uncertainty, she would clarify: "Just Kagae-san. Don't worry, I won't occupy too much of his time. There will be plenty of time to celebrate later. Come." She would nod her head toward the door before making her way towards it.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:21 pm
@Shogi Aftermath

"I'll see you later Benjiro-sama and Hogai-san if I am too long don't wait for me!" Stated Kagae as he placed the stack of kings onto the board in a neat and orderly fashion before following Doji Kita.

"Is this what I think it is about Kita-sama or am I in trouble for something?"  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
Psychofish rolled 4 10-sided dice: 4, 5, 10, 6 Total: 25 (4-40)

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:30 pm
Denbe was good about keeping a clear mind, even in battle or pursuing enemies as dangerous and treacherous as the Maho-tsukai. He wasn't much trained for the proper way to handle being pinned to a bed at weapon's length, though.

"Wha- what are you doing!? What is this?"

He said, only mindful enough to squint at the person above him. He could try and figure out what to say in a second when his heart vacated his throat.

[Perception/Investigate(Notice): 16 vs TN 10]  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:33 pm
@ Crab Shenanigans:

The last thing Kagae would hear from the room would be Hogai turning to inquire with Benjiro as to the nature of the magistrate's intervention.

Kita would pick up a lantern from outside the gaming hall, and she would lead the way in silence, moving across the gaming and lodging areas.

Soon though, Kagae would find himself... in front of his tent?

Uncapping the scroll case, Kita would hand him the plans that were submitted earlier. "So, tell me Kagae-san. What exactly did you have in mind? I have a feeling that I can visualize it better by hearing it, rather than reading about it."  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:39 pm
@Crab Shenanigan's:

"Well... The schematics are a bit easier to read if you're trained to draw them... But it is an extension to the current tent using our... Old tent which I repaired this morning though not as well as I could've... To make a living room for ourselves... Seeing as so far we either have been sitting on.. The floor or our cots when we want to drink some tea... The reason why I have bothered you about this... Is because I need the assistance of your servants if I want it up tonight and possibly furnished... If you would be so kind to grant me this favour Kita-sama." Kagae bowed and held the schematics close to his chest and waited for a response before rising again.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:39 pm
@ Hare Shenanigans:

"I have received an anonymous tip," Wazuka would claim, her eyes intently focused on Denbe's. "It seems there has been sightings of competitors skulking about during the night, rather than sleeping like lawful folk! So tell me, what are you up to?! Confess your crimes and face an honorable end, if a creature such as you has any concept of such a thing!"

{Untrained Intimidate of 6}  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:47 pm
@ Crab Shenanigans:

Kita would frown a bit, looking to the tent, then back at Kagae. "Doesn't this tent belong to the Unicorn, though? Since Jiro was staying with you, to the best of my knowledge, you would probably need to clear it with him, right?" She would then look a bit more down as well. "There are only two more days left of the tournament. Would you be able to complete it in a timely enough fashion to enjoy it?" she would ask, quite sincerely.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:54 pm
@Crab Shenanigans:

Kagae raised himself and continued, "As far as my knowledge reaches... Jiro gave us the tent in return for letting him sleep in it... The reasons for this are his own personal ones... Well with help I would hope to have it up in time for some celebrations!.. So we'd try to enjoy it as much as possible during that time... Though I wouldn't blame you if you reject this idea..."  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
Psychofish rolled 4 10-sided dice: 8, 6, 7, 7 Total: 28 (4-40)

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:57 pm
"Kitsuki-san?" Denbe panted, though he supposed between that and her words, it rather explained why she was in his tent. And the sasumata.

Was she really this enthusiastic about it all?

"I was going for a walk- in plain sight. Not skulking, thank you," the Hare panted, holding both his hands out palm up to show he wasn't preparing any weapons to attack her. This was not really a comfortable position to speak in, but he was sure panicking and shouting about how he was walking and ohgoddonthurtme was only going to get her more worked up about her blood-hunt.

"But if you'd kindly remove the weapon, I'd be happy to assuage your suspicions, and prepare some tea if you'd like."

[4k3 Awareness/Courtier(I think it's courtier?): 22 to let him up.]  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:02 pm
@ Crab Shenanigans:

Kita would shake her head a bit, very slightly tossing her hair two and fro. "Oh Kagae Denbe Zanzen Kagae," she would say, almost slightly aghast. "I'm not like that, and I would hope you wouldn't think of me that way. I'm all for creative and constructive pursuits. I'm very willing to give you my blessing and assistance on the matter. I just want to make sure it's thought out, is all. However, I will lend the aid on one condition: Starting in the morning, you can have it ready by tomorrow night."

Does whats-his-face accept?  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:06 pm
@Crab Shenanigans

"It will be done!" Claimed Kagae eager to start on his modifications, "It'll happen nearly as quickly as a tent could be risen! Unless unforeseeable circumstances happen of course it will proudly stand!"

Kagae once again bowed low and quickly grinning.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:10 pm
@ Hare Shenanigans:

Wazuka lowered her brow as she glared right at Denbe. "I can hear you quite clearly like this, thank you very much. I'll let you up when you can prove your innocence to me. Explain this 'walk' to me. What was its purpose? Were you trying to contact HIM? Perhaps you're buying or selling opium on the side. Maybe planning for apt opportunities to take out rivals in the competition, hmm? Speak, Hare!"

Denbe's success made it seem less likely she was going to gut him while she had him pinned, but without raises, it would be the best he could do on very short notice.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:12 pm
@ Crab Shenanigans:

Kita would finally smile, seemingly at Kagae's enthusiasm. "Then send for my servants when you are prepared in the morning, and I'll release as many as I can afford to aid you in your work. Have a good evening, Kagae-san." She would hand him the empty scroll case, bowing her head to him before turning and heading off.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:15 pm
@Crab Shenanigans:

"You too Kita-sama!"

Placing the schematics into the scroll case where they belonged Kagae would enter the tent and immediately begun his nightly routine of maintaining his equipment and making tea to drink while doing so. Unless something else happened.  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:25 pm
Denbe was not exactly thrilled with this outcome. So he calmly folded his hands, trying not to look too impatient with this episode (especially since he didn't know what would set her off) and tried to continue politely, unnerving as she was.

"You may know I took part in the athletics competition today. And that I am no Crab- we ran marathon, lifted rocks, swam, climbed, and ran some more. When I returned I was exhausted, and came back here to read. My copy of Leadership is beneath my pillow, if you care to look," he added as an after thought, now starting to become amused at putting on such a casual show while he was being pinned to the ground.

"And woke later to find I'd slept through part of the afternoon. When night came, I was restless, so I took to a walk to calm the mind and further tire my body."  
[L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 120 121 122 123 124 125 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games