Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]
Jade Legacy [L5R 3eR] - Act 1: Atsumari/Gathering Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 121 122 123 124 125 126 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:30 pm
@ Hare Shenanigans:

Wazuka's eyes went wide, and she seemed a little angry at the response.

"But... that's not... you were... I SAW you!" She would stare into Denbe's eyes for a few moments longer, gritting her teeth, before growing frustrated. "DAMMIT!"

She would pull her sasumata free and storm out of Denbe's tent.  
Plainsfox rolled 6 10-sided dice: 10, 1, 10, 5, 4, 4 Total: 34 (6-60)
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:37 pm
@Scorpion Shenanigans

Kojiro should have realized that they perhaps should have been more discreet when going to the magistrates. Kita knew about his special condition and was probably acting to insure that any mischief was kept to a minimum. Hopefully, he had time for some mischief! ...or at least a hot cup of tea.

"Thank you for your aid, Shopkeep!" Kojiro would bow appropriately, if a little on the deep side due to concern the man displayed about his face. He hurriedly gathered the paper and ink and carefully stowed it in Umechan's saddlebag. He then mounted the pony and headed off towards the tea house. Hopefully, he wasn't too late.

OOC: Rolls
Awareness/Etiquette (4k3 +2 dice for explosions)
Raises: 1 Called
Penalties: +3 wound penalty
Results: 33  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
Psychofish rolled 5 10-sided dice: 4, 3, 8, 5, 8 Total: 28 (5-50)

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:50 pm
For a moment, Denbe rubbed at his throat and sighed with relief.

And then his Hare Sense started belatedly tingling, and the bushi hopped to his feet, and bounded out of his tent with as many puns as his author could fit into one sentence. "Wait. Kitsuki-san," the Hare called after, trying to follow quickly enough to keep in speaking range without getting so close as to make her feel the need to wave the mancatcher around anymore.

"I also encountered Bayushi Kojiro-san on my walk, and chatted with him. However, unless that is what made you so suspicious," the Hare would stop if she did, trying not to wake anyone in nearby tents and making sure his hands didn't rest on his sword or anywhere alarming. If not, he'd just keep following her.

"I would care to know what you saw, and who 'him' is. After that, am I not entitled to some explenation? I might even be able to help yet, if there really is something to investigate."

[5k3 Awareness/Investigate: 21]  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:50 pm
@Hare Shenanigans[Scorpion Tent]

Retcon edit due to time paradox:

Kojiro slept fitfully through the night, transposing Rin's body on that of the poor waitress. At some point, he sneezed.  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
Raganui Minamoto rolled 6 10-sided dice: 10, 3, 8, 9, 6, 7 Total: 43 (6-60)

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:48 pm
@Crane Shenanigans

"There are many interesting people here it seems I wonder if you could do better if you relaxed a bit. I am no Crab, so I know not how you were brought up, but sometimes you must relax and find your own craft to take up." He shifted, moving his Kakita blade forward. "I am an artisan of the way of the blade, for example. It is part of me and I part of it. Though I was trained hard in kenjutsu and other things, the flowing strikes of Iaijutsu calm me, like a breeze cutting through a river."

awareness/etiquette 4k2  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:27 pm
@ Tea Ceremony competition:

"What is it that you have on your mind, Koan-san?" He would put the packet aside, curious as to what Koan had to say.  

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:04 pm
@ Ceremonial Competition, Round 5:

First check: Doji Koan gains a Free Raise for his final roll!

Koan would smile briefly, before folding his hands before him, looking equally professional and attentive.

"I take my responsibilities very seriously, Seichiro-san. Our Empire is turmoil, and we must engage in the arduous task of rebuilding. Not only physical constructions, but our very courts and militaries have been depleted. For me to be able to do MY job as a courtier, I need to build a network of support. Not support for me, but for each other. By doing so, by unifying like causes, I seek to administrate the proper foci of each individual's useful talents to help build a stronger Rokugan out of the ashes of the old one."

He would pause for a quick sip of tea, before continuing. "Emperor Toturi I has already died once, and had declared no heir at the time. It was through the intervention of fate, or perhaps a mere stroke of luck, that he was returned to us. Those years leading up to his first death were hard upon our Empire, and we need strong samurai who are willing to brave the uncertain road that lay before us and guide our Clanmates to a nobler goal than merely surviving one year to the next."

{Courtier (Political Maneuvering) roll of 56 with 4 effective raises} (+15 to your roll)

Koan paused to see how Seichiro was taking this all in, before he would continue.  
Keith Valken Lionheart rolled 2 10-sided dice: 9, 4 Total: 13 (2-20)
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:54 pm
"I do agree there has been lots of senseless fighting amongst our clans, though it seems to be normal nowadays. However...what is it you want of me? It almost feels as though you're going to ask something hard for me to do."

[untrained Courtier 2k2 +15? Void point used to make it Trained for this roll.]  

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50
Keith Valken Lionheart rolled 1 10-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-10)

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:01 pm
Rollan extra die  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:17 pm

Second check: Doji Koan gains a Free Raise for his final roll!

Koan seemed to brighten at Seichiro's acknowledgment about the state of the Empire. "See, that right there? That's justification that I was right to trust in your judgment. I feel more at ease already." Koan would say, adjusting his sitting position to one of slightly more comfort.

"And you have good instincts too, which is important for someone who might want to influence the future of Rokugani military efforts. But, what I was going to ask isn't nearly as difficult as you think it might be."

He would voluntarily refill Seichiro's tea cup without asking, setting the kettle back down before continuing. "Hopefully, you have no doubts about my intentions as a visionary of a better Rokugan. If you trust me in that regard, then all I ask for would be a bit more trust. Consider it... a test of loyalty to the Empire. You see, I've been having doubts about the loyalty of someone here at the tournament. My fellow Clanmate, the Kakita you've undoubtedly met. He is highly distrustful of me, and is far too willing to throw discard the fate of his own Clan on personal whims and false understandings."

"I do hope I'm wrong about him, for I think he has the potential to be a great man. But, in the here and now, it appears he has no trust in me, and it makes it trying for me to reciprocate. I am no warrior, and have not pursued the path of bushido like you have; the day after tomorrow, I will need to choose a second for the iaijutsu competition. I believe that you would be a more sound choice, even over the Kakita. Your intentions have been pure from what I've observed, unobscured by delusion."

Koan would pause, sliding back from his seat at the table to bow his head. "I would be honored if you would consider being my second. I would understand if you chose to decline; if you chose to champion for your Clanmates, I would be a fool to hold it against you. However, I believe choosing you is my best option for getting a head start on improving the future of Rokugan."

He would return his gaze upward to Seichiro. "What say you, Matsu Seichiro-san?"

{Courtier (Manipulation) roll of 60 with 4 effective raises} (+15 to your roll)  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Keith Valken Lionheart rolled 3 10-sided dice: 1, 9, 1 Total: 11 (3-30)

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:29 pm
"Hmmm... I do have to admit, that's a tough choice. You have to understand... this is a tough choice for me. It could possibly stain my reputation, especially since I'm a Matsu, and you know what Matsu think of the Crane clan. Have you talked with Zanzen-san in more depth? I'm not refusing you, since no one has come forth and asked me to be his or her second on the Iaijutsu tournament, but have you considered other options?"

[untrained Courtier 2k2 +15, 'nother Void spent to make it Trained plus 1k0 extra]  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:55 pm

Second check: Doji Koan gains a Free Raise for his final roll!
Third check: Doji Koan gains a Free Raise for his final roll!

Koan nodded his head a bit in acknowledgment of Seichiro's concerns. "That is true. However, you didn't fight like any Matsu Berserker I've ever seen. I had assumed you were trained by the Akodo, but feel free to correct me if I'm mistaken. The feud between the Matsu and the Kakita wouldn't really be as strong of a factor with the two of us, but I can see the concern nonetheless. We both serve the Empire, and that's good enough in my eyes."

Koan would make a slight smile, gesturing with an open palm. "You are free to take your time to consider my request. The fact that you consider it at all is why those tea packets are a gift to you." Koan would pause for a moment, before addressing the matter one last time. "We can live in the past, Seichiro-san, or we can live for the future. That's how I look at it."  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:10 pm
@ Hare Shenanigans:

Kitsuki Wazuka was already hurrying to put distance between her and the Hare's tent, slowing her steps as Denbe called out to her. She quaked a bit, flustered at his words. "Shut UP! SHUT UP! I know I screwed up, okay?! I only saw you, which is why I thought you were in league with my suspect! I believe you on your innocence, so stop trying to make me feel bad!" She whirled around, pointing her finger at him angrily. "I don't need anybody's help to solve this mystery! I told Soz... I told my source that I would solve this on my own! I'm trying to catch HIM in the act, and when I do, I can find out why that... old..."

Then there would be a blank stare on her face. Then her eyes would widen, and begin to twinkle. "You... encountered? Oh, Denbe-san, I could kiss you!" Dropping her sasumata, she gleefully threw herself at him, hugging her arms around him and giggling like how a 17 year old would.

Running to pick up her weapon, she would run off into the darkness, without saying anything more. And holy hell, is she moving, faster than anyone at the races! {Wazuka's movement speed is twice as high as Denbe's, so keeping pace will be impossible; either tracking rolls or stamina rolls to try to follow before losing sight will be required}  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:31 pm
@ Scorpion Shenanigans:

Kojiro's overall sudden bout of politeness would knock the merchant off guard, who seemed MORE flustered BECAUSE of the good etiquette roll, as if he had done something wrong. The ominous look of most Scorpion with their masks probably didn't help things either.

Kojiro would consequently get the items he needs at a slight discount, using 1 less bu (leaving him with 2). Also, Kojiro loses a point of honor for commencing the trade himself.

As soon as Kojiro would make it to the Teahouse, he would see it seemed considerably more packed now than it had been when he first arrived. A good number of male patrons had shown up, almost setting up a perimeter around the room as they drank tea or whispered quietly. At a table by herself would be Soshi Maru, the recipient of all the subtle gawking.

Seeing(?) Kojiro enter, she would light up a bit. "Kojiro-san! I was starting to think you had played a cruel joke on me and abandoned me all the way out here!"  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:47 pm
@Scorpion Shenanigans

Kojiro, flustered, would bow deeply to Maru as he sat down with her. "Only a fool would do such a stupid thing, Maru-san. The errand was slightly overlong. I think the prayers to Benten coming from this tea room may have had something to do with it. I think many here would be glad to console you if I were to become too enmeshed in that task." Kojiro quipped.

"Have you tried many of the teas here yet? Are there many you would recommend?"  
[L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 121 122 123 124 125 126 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games