Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Great Hall
Ravenclaw Table Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 124 125 126 127 128 129 ... 161 162 163 164 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:49 am
User Image
xxxxxMordred Taylor Seftonxxxxx
2nd Year Ravenclaw

----------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hmm..." Mordred said, raising a brow at Colin's mini-lecture of facts. He noted the slightly sheepish expression the boy had which instantly made him like the boy more. It meant he wasn't a know-it-all who had no sense of people-skills. Also, Mordred was intrigued at the possibility of new reading material during the year. He had plenty of options in the library (thankfully as there wasn't much more to entertain him or ways to attain knowledge in his free time), but it sounded like something not related to magic which was nice for once in a while. School of magic or not there was more to the world than just magic. He liked to be well balanced. Besides he needed to know how to do taxes and fill out a check book and maybe even invest in the stock market unless he wanted to rule out muggle society forever, which meant no internet or phone or telly ever. "What book was it?" Mordred asked leaning forward and folding his hands together to rest them on his chin. "Might be worth the read for me. I get bored too easily... or so I'm told," He added with a shrug. He chuckled when Diantha offered the possibility of being known as a grump for the rest of one's life if you had less muscles and he said, "Ah, but grump or not you probably don't have to worry as much about crows feet or intense frown lines if you don't have as many muscles."

He was still smiling when Diatha asked if his parents were fans of The Once and Future King and instead sighed and said, "I think it's more Le Morte d'Arthur, which inspired The Once and Future King at least, or at least my Mum is. Which makes things all the worse she actually read both. The woman obviously has a seriously bad sense of humor."

He made a long sigh and was happy when she turned to questioning him about the school. His father had given him a "pep talk" guide of what to expect at Hogwarts as well, though his was fairly short and ended with a stack of books including Hogwarts, A History and a 'you like to read' as a brush off of why he couldn't be bothered with spending more time with his own son (like say his other adult children and a wife back in France). "We'll be here for a while if I told you all I know," Mordred answered. "Okay, one question at a time, okay? The Sortings depend on how many students there are, once they are all sorted the Headmaster gives a little speech which is basically don't do anything stupid, learning is important this is school, and stay out of the Forbidden Forest it is called 'forbidden' for a reason. After that we get to eat and some prefect takes you up to your dorms. The first years go up first but most of the higher years go straight to their dorms too. But just because you are in your dorm doesn't mean you have to go to sleep right away. We all have a curfew to be out of the halls by either way. Prefects and professors go around to make sure no one is out after curfew. And depends on the professor on how lenient one is if you get lost. Some don't really care or forgive it, others... well you are better just skipping that class entirely. Like Professor Hill... you see the grumpy looking guy next to the really pale blonde-she's new I don't know what she teaches-but anyways Professor Hill teaches Herbology. People have nightmares about the guy sometimes. He runs some shop in the village close by too. Last year he took off house points on one girl for being 'ridiculous'. I mean she was ridiculous but you shouldn't be able to take points for that. She seemed to disappear after that. Maybe she started to act less weird and changed her hair and stopped trying to go by "Mumbo" or "Mambo" or whatever she called herself" He shrugged, "Most professors are more forgiving the first week, and the second, and the third for basically everything, but you should be fine with all the other professors."

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Looking: Witty
{OoC: }
The Forgotten Weasley

Cara MiaKitty

Quote:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:22 pm
User ImageUser Image

User Image Location: Ravenclaw Table

Grace had expected that Rhys might tell her to leave him alone and give him his space but she didn’t expect him to snap at her. It took her a moment to realize he was actually talking which she didn’t find a probably with. It was just what came out of his mouth. Suddenly Grace felt like she was talking to her sister Mira a few years past (before everything at Hogsmeade). She’d snap at her all the time and tell her right where to get off but the Ravenclaw had gotten used to her saying those things. The Slytherin was like that and the young Mitchell girl realized that all she had to do was give the girl her space.

Rhys on the other hand wasn’t someone Grace thought would be like that. She was just concerned about him. She cared… Now it seemed caring was the wrong thing. She was only trying to help… A part of the fourth wanted to cry but she stopped herself from doing so. Instead Grace took a small breath before answering Rhys in the calmest voice possible. “No… you don’t… look all right…” she answered him her voice shaky despite trying to be calm. “I’m sorry for bothering you… I only wanted to help…” she practically whispered before turning away from him. Suddenly the girl wondered what she was even sorry for. She didn’t do anything. “You know... you could have told me that nicely. It’s not like I did anything to deserve being snapped at.” Grace remarked back to him before walking back over to Anti.

Anti was way better company then Rhys was right now. Grace sat back down next to her roommate before letting out a light sigh. “Anti, do I come off to strong when I ask questions?” She found herself asking. She hardly talked with Anti mostly because it seemed Anti liked her solitude and she probably wouldn’t be able to accurately answer her question. Though Grace didn’t really care she just wanted to know she really didn’t do anything wrong.

User Image

With: Antigone, Rhys

Wearing: Ravenclaw Uniform

OOC: No worries Dia, Grace walked right into it. She just didn't know what she was walking into.

Lily the Rabbit

The Forgotten Weasley
Diamond Wales

Well you certainly know what you want.
And I won't argue with such a mind as yours.
Ravenclaw!

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:04 pm
User Image

Taken By : Tori Macclallan

User Image User Image
                                        Location: Hogsmeade Station → Great Hall : Ravenclaw Table

Dakota arrived in the great hall and took a seat at the Ravenclaw table pretty much on his own. He sat there looking around as he waited for the sorting to begin. Spotting Grace talking with Rhys he wondered why she suddenly seemed so upset before going over and sitting with Antigone again. He debated about going over and asking her but knew he could always ask later as the sorting started soon after. When it started he turned his attention to it and watched as Rider’s sister was sorted in Hufflepuff with her. He smiled and clapped for the girl as well as all the others. He was happy to see the new members of Ravenclaw being sorted as he would be taking them to the common room later. Though it seemed Slytherin was having a good count this year.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

With: Fellow Ravenclaws...

OOC: ---

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

User Image

A rather curious lad aren't you?
                                        Not to mention quite inventive.
                                        You'll find your home in...
                                        Ravenclaw

Henry the Black Catx

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:06 pm
Echoes start as a cross in you,
Trembling noises that come too soon.
Spatial movement which seems to you,
Resonating your mask or feud.
Hollow talking and hollow girl;
Force it up from the root of pain.
Never said it was good...
Never said it was near...

User Image
α и т ı g ø и e
¢ α š š ı ø ρ e ı α
ł ı ł ł α и т ı и e

яανeи¢łαωføυятн чeαяρυяeвłøøđše¢øиđ вøяи

Anti could have told Grace that going over to Rhys, the snowy haired second year who looked less than happy to begin with. But somehow she doubted her housemate would have listened to her anyways, so she silently nodded and braced herself for the aftershock if the younger boy exploded. He did not, or she would have heard it, and she was quite used to dealing with upset tempers, having grown up with Vander. Rather, he sneered and snapped something at Grace, though Anti didn't catch all of it, even though she was eavesdropping to the best of her ability. The message was clear, anyways. Do Not Approach.

She wondered for a split second if Grace would snap right back, but doubted it. And she was right; the other girl looked very caught off guard and stammered something, but did regain her composure enough to coolly reprimand the underclassman before returning. Anti busied herself with staring at the Sorting until Grace sighed and spoke up to her again. Oh dear gods above. Even if they had been close friends, it still would have been a terribly awkward question to have to answer. She supposed she shouldn't care about sparing Grace's feelings, seeing as they weren't close friends, but couldn't bring herself to burn that bridge.

She stared at the other girl for a moment, before carefully saying, "It may be less coming off too strong and more... some people don't want to be asked at all. Rhys and you aren't really...," She froze; maybe they were friends, what did she know? But she didn't think they had been much more than acquaintances. "Close?" she asked awkwardly. "He could be lashing out because he doesn't feel comfortable talking to you about whatever's bothering him." Her tone hardened slightly. She'd been someone, anyone's whipping girl for as long as she could remember. "Or he could just not be a very nice person."

OOC:
murruelecreuset

Shadow rises and you are here.
And then you cut, you cut it out-
And everything goes back to the beginning.
Silence seizes a cluttered room...
Light is shed not a breath too soon.
Darkness rises in all you do;
Standing and drawn across the room.
Spatial movements and butterflies.

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

stitchkin babe

Timid Genius

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:33 pm
                          User Image
                          Jade Galaksylph

【 LOCATION 】 great hall; ravenclaw table x 【 MOOD 】 curious x 【 COMPANY 】 avian lovette x 【 CLOTHING 】 isn't it funny? (uniform)

Sybil nodded slowly. "I don't get it. Why does it seem that older siblings always seem to care so much about that sort of thing?" She asked, tilting her head ever so slightly. She never had these thoughts about Evan, of course there was still a while before he'd come to Hogwarts... Regardless, Sybil didn't really understand the worry there was for a younger sibling upon entering Hogwarts. It wasn't like they weren't going to make it on their own, or whatever the worry may be. "But complicated? She's eleven, she can't be that complicated. Or have you never met an eighteen year old?" She asked, raising an eyebrow. She had to say, someone like herself or her classmates were far less complicated than a certain eighteen year old girl...

"You're in the music program as well?" She lifted her eyebrows, blinking a few times. "I mean, I suppose I suppose I could've guessed," she shrugged, motioning to his guitar. "And Ministry stuff sounds boring. From the few things I've heard you say in class, I really didn't expect that, though..." Sybil blinked a few times before shrugging. "'s not like I know you that well, of course. Although I'm pretty sure I can tell that you don't seem too interested either." She shrugged, fingering the pages in her book.

User Image

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:57 am
User Image

Avian Zechariah Lovette

Third YearPurebloodMusic LoverRavenclawFirst-born

Lying in my backyard, head is facing skyward
                      I'd imagine all the things that I could be
                      A pilot or a fighter, an astronaut or writer
                      Anything except just being (me)

And oh, the bells would start to ring
                      Words came to my head and I would start to sing

╔══════════════════════════════╗

Avian really just shrugged with his hands and said like he didn't get it about why he was nervous about his sister either, "Holy smokes, I know! I don't get it either about why I'm feeling this. I mean--- Yikes!" Upon letting go of the guitar, it slipped to his lap and hit the edge of the table with a 'tang', which made him yelp. Luckily it didn't fell on the floor, but Avian was worried that it might leave a crack, despite that there was an existing spell about fixing things. He sighed and continued, "I mean, of course I know she's eleven years old, they're not suppose to be complicated but she made it like that such an early age! She's been so secretive about what she was doing and she didn't like sharing about it, she's been like that for two year." He plucked the strings one-by-one to test if it sounded like it should be as he continued, then he sighed, Not sharing to our parents is really understandable and not surprising but I think she had trust issues towards me. Also, yes, I have a couple of cousins who were more than eighteen-year-olds -- one is engaged to be married with her sharpie-loving boyfriend, one is someone I don't want to talk with (Because I don't like him). My grandparents didn't like them, but I love my cousin Gypsy though. Was Nike not really letting go about his time when he had an embarrassing attitude during his childhood? Because if it was, then why?! That was like, what, four years ago? Whatever, he really deserved that.

"I haven't went to Music Club, yet. That's why I'm going to apply for it at the start of classes," He replied, sounding enlightened whenever the conversation was about his interests in music. But upon the mention of Ministry Stuff, he nodded in agreement with her statement and added, "Of course, Ministry Stuffs is really boring in my opinion, it's giving me the impression that I'm not going to like and too much paperwork. He snickered when she said that she didn't expect about it, "You mean you didn't expect me that in the near future I will work in the Ministry? That's not going to happen. I always wanted to be a rock singer, maybe even start a band if it was possible to do so. But then," He shrugged, "I feel like there are lots of things to plan to get what I really wanted, because my father just wanted me to work at the Ministry like what him, What a jerk."

Upon hearing Nike's name from Headmaster, he immediately looked up. He could his sister walking towards the stool, looking both anxious and confident. That's not fair, how was she able to pull something like that when during his first year he couldn't help but think about alot of things? He watched her as the Hat was set on her head, naturally thinking that she would end up Ravenclaw like their family. And a few seconds later, the hat yelled 'Slytherin', and he definitely did not expect that hence the surprised facial expression. "Slytherin... not bad? I didn't see that coming," He felt that he might be a little bit unaware about her, maybe her ambition was way higher than his ambition about being a rock star. He had nothing against Slytherin, because he already had a few decent Slytherin classmates like Sera and Gia. What was he thinking? She'll do fine, it wasn't like she was going to be some criminal mastermind, quoted Nike.

╚══════════════════════════════╝

With the *moon as the spotlight* that shines on me
                      And the stars were the *lighters* in the air
                      And the wind screaming loud sounded just like a crowd
                      And I swore I was already there and I'd howl at the moon

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Thinking : "I mean, it's a bad house"
With : Sybil Vance
Attire : Ravenclaw uniform

stitchkin babe

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Porcelaine Ivory

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:58 am
User Image
User Image

For a few fleeting seconds, Liam saw himself standing in line to be sorted among the other first years; stern posture and expressionless facade. It had been one of the best moments of his life, and with very few of those to remember, for a second he found himself wanting to go back, just as he had all summer long. But he wasn't stuck at home, being forced to smother his face with fake smiles and false dreams while attending another of his parents' pointless social gatherings. No, he was standing in the doorway of the Great Hall, where he was determined to make this year even better than the last.

Tugging himself from last year's memories, the eagle came to just in time to dodge a group of straggling first years, their faces a variety of nerves and excitement. Straightening his back, Liam slipped his hands from out of his pants pockets and approached his house table, which was already teaming with life.

The sound of laughter and quick voices—no doubt in a rush to regurgitate everything that had happened over the last couple months—ignited an array of emotions inside him, like a cauldron filled with ingredients that for the most part complemented one another. Alongside the excitement and relief was a small, but numb feeling that seemed to grow as the boy assessed his surroundings, which consisted primarily of pairs or small groups of children that appeared happy to be reunited with the housemates they had previously befriended. Even most of his fellow second years seemed to already have a place among friends—except him.

Liam Cade wasn't just a closed book. He was bound with chains and locked securely in a trunk inside another trunk, which was also bound with chains. He grew up being completely satisfied with his lack of voluntary social interaction, but only because those he was able to socialize with—the sons and daughters of snobby elitists—weren't worth his time. Having been sorted into a house of similar minds, he had figured he'd break out of his chains naturally, but continued to find himself hesitant to bother with it, except when manners and traditional social conventions necessitated it. The only person he had made an effort to build a bond with—unknowingly or not—was not even a member of his house. Perhaps this whole friendship thing wasn't for him.

Taking an empty seat near the front of the room, the Ravenclaw brushed off the nagging thoughts that had relentlessly scraped at the back of his mind all summer long, which had been quite irritating for someone as independent as he. It didn't take much to distract himself in this moment, nor to control his emotions, doing so carefully without giving any of them away from an outside perspective. He was here, where he truly was his happiest, and a lack of close-knit personal ties couldn't even begin to change that.

Liam exhaled slowly and allowed his gaze to return to the first years awaiting their destiny along the far side of the room, a sight that tugged at his lips so tenaciously that he couldn't resist a smile—and if this year was anything like his first at Hogwarts, it wouldn't be his last.

User Image

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:06 pm
User Image

c υ r r e n т l y
                                                          ╔═══════════════════════════════╗
                                                          ṡïṉģlε
                                                          Looking Spastic at what he hopes is the right table with Diantha, Mordred
                                                          xxxғeelιngxxx
                                                          Curious
                                                          xxxтнιnĸιngxxx
                                                          ❝ They were cheering loudest, right? ❞
                                                          ╚═══════════════════════════════╝

ɾεχ ṃαɾќṡlεÿ ώαṡ α τ ï ṉ ќ ε ɾ ε ɾ , ↞ ↞ ↞xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          αṉ εṉģïṉεεɾ ε χ τ ɾ α ø ɾ ḋ ï ṉ α ï ɾ ε ↞ ↞ ↞xxxxxxxxx
                                                          hε ṃαḋε συïсќ-ɾεløαḋïṉģ ģ α ḋ ģ ε τ ṡ ṡø hε сøυlḋ ↞ ↞ ↞xxxxxx
                                                          ƒ ï ɾ ε ṉøṉ-ṡτøρ ώïτh ρ α ṉ α с h ε αṉḋ ƒ l α ï ɾ ↞ ↞ ↞xxx
                                                          ═════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceColin was pleased when neither Diantha or Mordred seemed to take offense to his comment. At least neither of them had their ego's bruised or anything like that. He did shrug at his yearmate's comment on being thought of as grump. "Even if you've not got as many, you can still smile. Just not as wide. And if you don't have as many muscles, you can't frown all that much either, so I guess your face would look more neutral than anything else," he said thoughtfully. At Mordred's question, he paused, trying to think back. The blonde's eyes squeezed shut and he tried to picture his parent's books, but found that, among the many titles of medical and anatomy-focused books, he couldn't pinpoint which one it had been. "Don't remember... I'm not great with names. More with random details. Like the muscles thing. But... I bet I could find it? I think it's something my mum read for fun. She's sort of a scientist, she reads a lot of stuff like that." He blushed a bit; it was being pretty presumptuous to assume that an older student would wait until the holidays for him to give them the title of a random book he'd read. Heck, if he did figure it out, and came back after Christmas and tried to tell Mordred, he was willing to bet the boy would've forgotten all about it.

spaceThe first year listened as the conversation topic changed to that of the older boy's name, which he'd thought sounded familiar, but didn't catch until Diantha mentioned The Once and Future King. His family was more science and technology oriented than literature, but he still recognized the name. He personally didn't get why someone would name their child after that particular character, but chalked it up to perhaps his mother having liked the name. Or maybe she just liked interesting characters regardless of their alignment in the grand good vs. evil scheme of things. Colin didn't think he'd been named for anyone in particular, but then, his birth mother had selected his name, and it wasn't like she was around for him to ask. "What about you, Diantha? That's a really interesting name, where did it come from?" he asked, curious. Maybe if he knew something about her name, he'd have an easier time remembering it. He was already on a decent track with that; it was pretty, and unusual, so not so easy to forget as a more common name.

spaceThe newly-sorted Ravenclaw was amused when the girl started questioning Mordred rapid-fire after discovering that he was older than they were. Colin had figured that was pretty obvious, since he'd not been in the sorting, but maybe she hadn't paid as much attention to the faces as he had? Whatever the case, he was sort of impressed that the dark-haired boy managed to remember and answer all the questions. He did blink oddly at the mention of the professor who'd taken points from someone for being 'ridiculous.' What points? "Points? Like, he lowered her grade? That's not fair. Unless her being ridiculous was actually affecting her performance, I guess," he said, not really understanding. What constituted ridiculous, anyway? Had she been particularly disruptive? Rude? Colin tended to assume that authority figures had very good reasons for doing pretty much anything they did, at least until they proved themselves to be over the top. That'd only ever happened once, one of his babysitters had sent him to 'time out' for the entire duration of her watching him for 'being loud' when she'd arrived... In reality, he'd only asked what she was making for dinner, very quiet and politely, and she'd only sent him to time out so that she could spend the whole night on the phone with her boyfriend.

╚═════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          xxx↠ ↠ ↠ τhε ṃαṉ ώαṡ α l ε ģ ε ṉ ḋ αṉḋ hεɾø τ h ɾ ø υ ģ h αṉḋ τ h ɾ ø υ ģ h
                                                          xxxxxx↠ ↠ ↠ αṉḋ ɾεχ ώαṡ α ƒ ɾ ï ε ṉ ḋ τø τhε в α τ τ ε ɾ ε ḋ αṉḋ τhε в ɾ υ ï ṡ ε ḋ
                                                          xxxxxxxxx↠ ↠ ↠ hε hαḋ ṡεεṉ α løτ øƒ ώ ø ṉ ḋ ε ɾ ṃ ε ṉ τ ṡ ïṉ hïṡ ģ l ø ɾ ÿ ḋ α ÿ ṡ
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx↠ ↠ ↠ αṉḋ hε ḋ ï ε ḋ αṉ ø l ḋ ṃ α ṉ αløṉε øṉ τhε ρ ɾ α ï ɾ ï ε τhεÿ ṡ α ÿ

(( OOC: ))

The Forgotten Weasley

mc2

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:13 am
I'm gonna be released from behind these lines...
And I don't care whether I live or die.
And I'm losing blood, I'm gonna leave my bones-
And I don't want your heart; it leaves me cold.
I don't want your future; I don't need your past!
One bright moment is all I ask!
I'm gonna leave my body; moving up to higher ground...
I'm gonna lose my mind; history keeps pulling me down!

User Image
D I A N T H A
S I Â N
W A R L O W

ravenclaw │ first year │ halfblood

Di asked Colin curiously, "What sort of scientist?" She was always eager to hear about women in fields they generally weren't always encouraged to join. Her mum had been an arithmancer, which she supposed was more like a mathematician than a scientist, and Isolde stayed at home. Di couldn't exactly fault her step mum for that; Ilene was only one, after all, and Mad and Treva only five and seven. But she did wish she could have had an interesting career for Di to casually toss out, as proof that her mother was in fact a Cool Mum.

"I haven't read that one," she confessed in disappointment as Mordred named some French book, but she caught on that it was The Death of Arthur, and wasn't Mordred, after all, the cause of said death? "Or an interest in Arthurian legends and anti-villains," she quipped, and then shrugged and smiled when her name was brought up. "It means Zeus's favorite flower... My dad wanted me named something Welsh, but my mum claimed she ought to have the right of it, since she was the one giving birth, and she'd always had an interest in Greek mythology..." She snickered. "I could have been named something like Hera, so it could be worse."

Di resisted the immature urge to pull a face when Mordred told her one question at time, but listened with rapt attention to what he had to say. "Who're our prefects?" she asked, figuring that she ought to know, not that she planned on getting in any trouble. She was relieved to hear that they didn't do bed checks to make sure everyone was sleeping; she was used to staying up late with a book and a flashlight under the covers, though she supposed now she could just use her wand once she learned how to light it up. Tonight, though, she planned on going straight to sleep. She wanted to be up early.

She peered over in the direction of the staff table, and immediately realized who Mordred was talking about. "He looks half wild," she said in bewilderment, wondering how someone who taught about plants and nature could be so foul tempered. She smirked a bit a 'Mumbo', but then frowned. "He should only be taking points off for genuine disruptions in class, not appearances." Di might have been referred to as 'kiss-arse' fairly derisively for most of her eleven years of life, but she'd never hesitated to speak up, even when she saw adults doing something she disagreed with. Isolde despaired over it a little, and even Tad was sometimes aggravated by it: 'You can't be that confrontational, Ann, not to your elders.'

OOC:
mc2

Cara MiaKitty

I don't need a husband, don't need no wife...
And I don't need the day, I don't need the night!
And I don't need the birds, let them fly away-
And I don't want the clouds, they never seem to stay.
I don't want no future; I don't need no past!
One bright moment is all I ask!
I'm gonna leave my body; moving up to higher ground...
I'm gonna lose my mind; history keeps pulling me down!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:21 am

An origami owl floated across the Great Hall and over the heads of student's trimmed in emerald and sapphire robes. The enchanted slip of parchment was keen on avoiding prying hands and prefect's eyes until it landed safely on the empty plate in front of a second year, Liam Cade, allowing a breath of fresh air to the girl who had her wand hidden under the slytherin table.

User Image

Porcelaine Ivory

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 2:50 pm
User Image
xxxxxMordred Taylor Seftonxxxxx
2nd Year Ravenclaw

"You don't have to go out of your way for it or anything, I was just curious," Mordred said quickly as Colin offered to find the book and then offered an interesting fact about his mother. Or at least the fact of her profession-what kind of 'sort of a scientist' sure to be explained soon-was far more interesting than Mordred's mother's profession. Mordred's mum made a living being pretty while Colin's mother sounded as if to make a profession using her brain. One was far more noble and useful than the other. Though Mordred suspected his own mother probably made more. There was more important things than money though (and this thinking was probably what earned him a spot in Ravenclaw instead of perhaps Slytherin like his father's family).

"The translation is decent enough: it's a classic," Mordred answered to Diantha about Le Morte d'Arthur and added, "I wouldn't doubt her interest in antiheroes and villains but there are more tasteful ones to be named after. She could have named me Lancelot just as easily." At least Lancelot wasn't a b*****d according to be legends. Then again Lancelot was kind of a right t**t too. Mordred at least wasn't spectacularly stupid and led around by some selfish woman known basically for betraying her king and her great beauty. He listened as Diantha explained her own unusual name and smiled, "Oh Hera isn't that bad, there are plenty far worse Greek names she could have picked: Eurydice, Hestia, Leto..." Mordred trailed off with a shrug.

When the question turned to who their prefects were Mordred sighed, "I actually don't keep track of them. I figure it is safer to just assume all the fifth years and above are prefects unless its obvious that there are not. Some people just scream trouble, though I've heard that every now and again the professors name someone no one saw coming. Each house has six prefects though and then there are the headboy and headgirl who are usually prefects but not always. The Ravenclaw prefects should introduce themselves at the end of the feast for you at least. They lead you up to the dorms."

Mordred nodded when Diantha stated Professor Hill looked half wild and then looked to Colin who fretted about Mumbo's grade. "I said that to the professor-that it wasn't right-but he ignored me. Probably for the best considering I'd rather not have a detention. And it wasn't her grade points I meant but house points," he glanced to Colin and realized the kid didn't seem to have much explained to him, though Di led the questions. Colin could easily be a muggleborn-not that it mattered and Mordred was supposed to be claiming the same for himself even if he stuck with just not mentioning his father at all (and very little about his mum unless briefly explaining his name). "Each house has points you can get or lose based on the house's student's performance. Like if you answer a question in class you can earn your house points but if you act up like out after curfew or being a right prat to someone you could lose your house points. At the end of the year the house with the most points wins the house cup and the great hall is decorated in their colors."

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Looking: Witty
{OoC: }
The Forgotten Weasley

Cara MiaKitty

Quote:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:08 am
User Image
                                                    I'm gonna take what's in front of me tonight
                                                    Sometimes you just gotta float
                                                    Sometimes the waves are gonna crash you to the shore, whoo
                                                    Sometimes the peace comes
                                                    And settles your soul
                                                    Sometimes the angers so strong
                                                    You just wanna lose control

User Image
                                                    ════════════════════════
                                                    Gʀʏғғɪɴᴅᴏʀ || Hᴇᴀᴅᴍᴀsᴛᴇʀ || Pᴜʀᴇʙʟᴏᴏᴅ
                                                    ════════════════════════

Timothy had been watching the sorting quietly. However, when the stool was placed away, he stood patiently and walked over to the podium. He looked over the crowd of assembled students, ready to welcome them to the new school year. "Hello everyone, and welcome back for a new school year. For those that are just now beginning their education at Hogwarts, I would like to extend a welcome and hope they are diligent in their studies. Sadly, as all the older students will tell the younger, I must make the usual school announcements. There is to be no magic used in between classes in the halls, and as anyone in the school will tell you, the name Forbidden Forest is not a misnomer, and instead should tell you that there are things in there that will not hesitate to have students for snacks. The other school rules are posted for people to peruse at their leisure, but considering these are the most frequent violations, I must bring them up here. Now, let us sit back, tuck in, and enjoy the feast before the evening ends." Timothy took a seat, ready himself to eat.

════════════════════════

Thinking: New year, new faces.
                                                    OOC: For those of you unaware, classes will begin on Monday instead of the usual Saturday. Please remember this as the Sorting ended today, hope you have fun!

You know when the good times come
                                                    You know the bad gonna come too yeah
                                                    I don't know what to call it
                                                    But I'll just guess I'll call it

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:12 am
User ImageUser Image

User Image Location: Ravenclaw Table

Grace listened to Anti’s words and it occurred to her that she might be right. “No we aren’t.” She answered shaking her head when Anti question how close they were. She knew they weren’t exactly close despite wanted to be. Then again she’d tried befriending Anti and look how far that one went. “You might be right...” She admitted. He may not have comfortable talking to her about it. She knew what that was like but then again she never bit someone’s head off over it. She hadn’t thought she’d been prying just concerned for a fellow housemate. Then again it may not have looked that way to Rhys. Truthfully Grace just figured he might be in a bad mood and that was all there was to it. She knew from last year he could be nice at the very least. She’d talked to him a couple of times…

Turning her attention to the sorting coming to an end and the typical school reminders, Grace watched as food appeared in front of them. Finally! Putting some chicken and other tasty things on her plate, she was happy about finally getting to eat. Of course because of what happened with Rhys and her she kind of lost her appetite. “I don’t know about you… but after this I’m heading upstairs to bed.” She said knowing that Anti probably didn’t care what she did. Although it was nice to think that wasn’t the case.

User Image

With: Fellow Ravenclaws... Antigone

OOC: ---

Lily the Rabbit

The Forgotten Weasley

Well you certainly know what you want.
And I won't argue with such a mind as yours.
Ravenclaw!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:38 pm
Selina Grey
Ravenclaw Fourth Year

User Image
                                  Text

By the time the cousins arrived in the Great Hall, the Sorting was done, and the Headmaster was just finished making his announcements. Moving quickly and quietly, Selina was able to find a place to sit with her cousin at the Ravenclaw table, near where Grace and Anti were seated.

"Hi, Grace, Hi Anti," she said to her friends. "How were your summers?" she asked, as she made herself comfortable, and started loading her plate with a nicely baked halibut and roasted vegetables. "Trust I didn't miss anything of much import, yes?"

Hannah, naturally felt a bit out of place, and wondered if there wasn't so rule about being seated at the table one's own House for these events, and then figured since her cousin wasn't usually worried about such things, then neither should she. As she loaded up on ham and au gratin potatoes, Hannah smiled and said, "Hi," to the other girls.

Deviled Dregs

murruelecreuset

The Forgotten Weasley

OOC: Open for Interaction

Hannah Grey
                                  Hufflepuff Second Year
                                  User Image

OOC:
Quote:

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

Deviled Dregs

Wealthy Lunatic

7,375 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:26 pm
User Image

User Image

Hufflepuff │ Reserve Seeker │ Fourth Year

Layton dug his hands into the pockets of his yellow and black robes, shrugging his shoulders as they made their way towards a carriage and got in one of the last empty ones. "Whatever he's planning, I can guarantee it won't be good. I bet he's already convinced Lola to hate me, and who knows who he might convince to do the same. Not that there are that many people who would listen to him. Everything will be alright though," he looked to Lola as the thestrals took them off towards the castle, giving her as reassuring a smile as he could manage. He couldn't help but think to himself that he may have started something he couldn't finish.

Layton looked to Kai as he spoke quite sarcastically, flicking his forehead gently and smiling lightly when his cousin rubbed his forehead, even though he doubted his flick hurt that bad. Turning his attention to Hannah's words, he smirked lightly and chuckled. "Who says you need broom closets to snog?" He teased, to Kai's apparent disgust.

As they finally made it to the Great Hall, Layton was a bit relieved to not have to sit through the whole opening ceremony and Sorting, and just cut to the feast. He followed Selina to the Ravenclaw table, deciding it wasn't that big of a deal. He didn't see Lola here, or even Devonte at the Slytherin table. Even so, he figured he'd convince Lola to sit at the Slytherin table before he ever sat at the same table with him. "Hey Grace, hey Anti."

murruelecreuset
The Forgotten Weasley
Graydon Ironshield

OOC:

♥ Selina Grey ♥

━━━━━━

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Great Hall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 124 125 126 127 128 129 ... 161 162 163 164 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games