Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]
Jade Legacy [L5R 3eR] - Act 1: Atsumari/Gathering Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 125 126 127 128 129 130 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:56 pm
@ Ceremonial Competition:

Seichiro must leave Sumi either a positive or neutral review!
Seichiro must leave Gemmei either a positive or neutral review!
Seichiro must leave Kan either a positive or neutral review!
Seichiro must leave Toyoko either a negative or neutral review!
Seichiro must leave Koan either a positive or neutral review!

After it was over, a servant would come and beckon Koan forth, and the Crane would bow to Seichiro before vacating. The door would close, and Seichiro would be left to wait in silence.

Nearly 10 minutes would go by, before the door would re-open... and Doji Kita would step in! "Hello, Seichiro-san. Do you mind if I have a seat? I'm here to talk about your ceremonies."  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:29 pm
Seichiro stood up when Doji Kita entered the room, gesturing her to sit down across from him. "Please, sit down Kita-sama." He would sit after she did.  

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:38 pm

Kita smiled, and took a seat opposite Seichiro, sitting delicately upon the mat.

"I am in the process of reviewing the interactions between all the samurai who competed here today. Since I was not able to observe, Seichiro-san, I need you to review your fellow samurai on my behalf. How would you rank each of them, and why?"  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:57 pm
He would scroke his chin, in thought.

"Asako Sumi... it was certainly interesting to have a conversation with her. She has a strange, though somewhat accurate view of us bushi and I guess samurai as a whole and seems to think the same of us all, regardless of who we really are. I hope I at least was able to show her that not all bushi are bloodthirsty brutes. I give her a neutral review."

"Shinjo Gemmei... it was an absolute pleasure speaking with her! I had fun, our conversation was refreshing and I would've liked to have a bit more time with her." He blushed a bit at that last bit, chuckling nervously. "Positive review."

"Kan-san... it was enlightening to be with him. He's been through a lot, and he has sage knowledge. It was interesting to talk to a monk. Positive, definitely."

"Toyoko-san... she is a great girl; happy, positive, and bright, but... her infatuation with Doji Koan is perhaps an obsession, and it was all she could talk about during our time together. I fear for a future heartbreak." He let out a sigh. "I'd say this is a negative review."

"Koan... we didn't do much talking, truth be told. Not much to say about our conversation. Neutral, through and through."  

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:11 pm

Kita took this all in, not saying a word to interrupt.

"Thank you for your diligence and patience through all of this, Seichiro-san. Your critiques will be considered, as well as everyone else's. I have a few more samurai to visit, so please be patient for a bit longer. I will send for everyone when I am through."

She would bow her head slightly before standing, and leaving the room.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:24 pm
Seichiro simply nodded in agreement, closing his eyes and meditating.  

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:50 pm

Soon, a servant would come and open the door, disrupting Seichiro's meditation. "I beg pardon for the interruption, noble samurai, but Doji Kita-sama requests your presence."

Seichiro would be lead to the greeting hall, where he would be second from last to arrive, followed shortly by Asako Sumi.

"I have finished conducting the reviews," Doji Kita would say, smiling politely. "Three of you got really excellent reviews, so it was a close running. However, one amongst you did have slightly higher praise to their attentiveness, their poise, their ability to interact with others."

With a smile, she would turn her head towards... Sumi! "Congratulations, Asako Sumi. You have been declared the winner of the Ceremonial Competition. Shinjo Gemmei," Kita would say, pausing to look to the Unicorn woman, before continuing. "You were a close second. Excellent work."

Toyoko seemed utterly surprised by these, but not at the fact that she didn't win. Koan likewise gave a worrying look to Seichiro, but said nothing.

"You all have performed admirably, and I hoped you enjoyed yourselves this evening. Remember, how we treat and interact with one another is the very foundation of what keeps Rokugan strong, as it has remained strong for over 1000 years. You are dismissed for the rest of the night."

Matsu Seichiro - 1 point of Status for competing in the Ceremonial Competition.

Also: Since it is no mystery at this point, I can reward them now. Anyone who competed in this competition gains 1 experience point which, like the one from the previous day, can be spent in any fashion of your choosing, if you decide not to bank it. Your expenditure will take effect starting the following morning. Please inform the GM of any expenditures.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:03 pm
Seichiro followed the servant, standing right next to Asako Sumi. He was surprised that Asako Sumi won, though he kinda expected Gemmei to be top contender. He didn't feel bad about him not winning, he didn't really expect to.

"Congratulations, Asako Sumi. You deserve it." He would say, and bow to her.  

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:06 pm
@ Scorpion Shenanigans, slightly earlier in the evening:

Maru would seem to focus her gaze on him, before nodding. "I shall turn in too. However, I request you go for a walk to clear your mind before trying to rest, or else you'll never sleep well. It will give me a chance to settle in first." Assuming Kojiro agrees, he completes the cycle of his predestination paradox with Denbe! Maru would cup his cheek with her hand gently, walking away as her hand lingers as long as possible, before she moves directly for her tent.

--------------------

@ Crane Shenanigans:

Around this time, Doji Koan returned to the Crane Tent, not expecting Zanzen to have company.

"... interesting company you keep, Zanzen-san," Koan would say upon observing the Kuni woman, who quickly seemed to quiet down and withdraw into her shell.

--------------------

@ Lioness Shenanigans:

Soon, after the conversation is over, Kyumi and Omi hear a male voice clear his throat, before asking permission to enter. Kyumi couldn't quite make out who it was...

--------------------

@ Hare Shenanigans:

Wazuka would snort, unimpressed by the front Denbe would put up. "Within the bounds of the law and of honor, responsibility is relative! Kitsuki Wazuka always gets her culprit!" She would hurry back to the chest, dragging it off towards the other tents.

--------------------

@ Mantis Shenanigans:

Soon, that young Dragon girl can be seen again, dragging a large trunk in the direction of the Scorpion tent! It didn't appear that heavy, suggesting it was empty, but it was large and unwieldy, especially for someone so tiny.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:15 pm
@ Lioness Shenanigans:

"You can come in!" Kyumi would hesitantly call out right as Omi had just finished letting down here mistress' hair. Whoops!

Kyumi would almost immediately motion for Omi to quickly help pin at least some of it back up, but... By then it was likely a bit too late to for them to fix it up.

Whoever it was would see Kyumi looking a little embarrassed at being caught with her hair down.  

Agent Sinistra

Dangerous Genius

7,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:19 pm
@ Lioness Shenanigans:

"It's okay, Kyumi-san. I just wanted to make sure you were proper, since I knew you were the only one here." Kan would enter through the tent flaps and bowed.

"Sorry that I am late; the Ceremonial Competition ran later than expected. Matsu Seichiro-san is probably right behind me." The older monk would tilt his head, bringing one open palm up to his chin. "Did you do well in Shogi? It appears you are preparing for a celebration of sorts." Kan didn't seem to be nosy about his question, but genuinely curious.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:48 pm
@Lioness Shenanigans

"That's very kind of you, Kan-san." Kyumi would answer, sounding incredibly relieved. "I'm afraid I didn't do very well in the competition. But Ide-san said he would come see me after competition ended. I just thought it would be nice to freshen up a little before hand."

Omi would let out a soft sigh as she began to look through one of their bags, as if searching for something. She would return a moment later, empty handed. "Kyumi-sama, I'm afraid we left most of your kanzashi at home because you were worried about losing them on the road."

Kyumi would pout, puffing out her face only sightly."All right... Then do you still remember to do that new style that Oume showed us before we left? The one with the hair loops?"

"Mistress, that one is incredibly complex... I'm not sure we'd have enough time to finish it." Omi would point out, which would earn her a sigh from Kyumi."Besides, you'd look lovely regardless of how you wear your hair. Why don't you just wear your hair in a ponytail? You haven't done that in a while. Kan-sama, what would you suggest?" Omi would glance over to the monk, hoping that she might get him to agree with her, and end be convincing enough that she wouldn't have to potentially end up spending the rest of the night styling her mistress' hair.  

Agent Sinistra

Dangerous Genius

7,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:59 pm
@ Lioness Shenanigans:

Kan would smile to Omi, the same knowing smile anyone who's privy to a secret they were proud about has. "I'm afraid..." he started, pausing for dramatic tension. "... that I am not the foremost expert on hair styles." He would rub his shaved head, which had started to grow in a little bit since he arrived; a typical horseshoe balding hairstyle. "However, I was married at one time, and I have witnessed my wife sport many a hair style. Can you explain the hair loop style to me, Omi? I'll see if I can work my monk magic to manipulate the hair kami within." Kan would roll up his sleeves, stepping up to Kyumi from behind.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:35 pm
@Crane Shenanigans

Zanzen just muttered to himself as Kaori started laughing, letting her continue till Koan came. "Hello, Koan-san. I was just having tea with Kaori-san here, after our loss today."  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:41 pm
"Well, I'll leave you to it then," Denbe decided, as much as he still wanted to know what the chest was for. Her plan must have involved an excessive number of objects to need to take a chest with her.

"If you can spare it, try to rest as well. I would hate to feel I was partly responsible if you're not rested enough for the competitions tomorrow. Good hunting."

And with a polite bow to each, the Hare would exit the scene and turn in for the night, at last.

Unless he had any more surprise visitors, anyway.  
[L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 125 126 127 128 129 130 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games