Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Great Hall
Ravenclaw Table Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 126 127 128 129 130 131 ... 161 162 163 164 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 1:25 pm
I'm gonna be released from behind these lines...
And I don't care whether I live or die.
And I'm losing blood, I'm gonna leave my bones-
And I don't want your heart; it leaves me cold.
I don't want your future; I don't need your past!
One bright moment is all I ask!
I'm gonna leave my body; moving up to higher ground...
I'm gonna lose my mind; history keeps pulling me down!

User Image
D I A N T H A
S I Â N
W A R L O W

ravenclaw │ first year │ halfblood

Di was genuinely sad to be leaving Hogwarts, if not sad to be going home. She missed her bedroom, even if she had to share it, and she missed the woods and fields around her house, and she missed Tad and Isolde and Treva and Mad and even Ilene. That said, Ilene probably wouldn't even remember her when she came home, seeing as she was only two and had been one when Di left. That was a bit sad, but they were ten years apart, so it was only to be expected, right? She wasn't sure what she was going to do this summer. Go on the internet a lot and watch a lot of television, probably. She had missed technology. Maybe Tad and Isolde would let her finally get a phone this summer, even if she'd never be able to use it at school. She could text people then. But who would she text? Did Colin have a phone? Did Caty or Aimee or Nike? She probably should have asked before her final night here, she reflected dryly. Oh well. She could always owl people.

OOC:

I don't need a husband, don't need no wife...
And I don't need the day, I don't need the night!
And I don't need the birds, let them fly away-
And I don't want the clouds, they never seem to stay.
I don't want no future; I don't need no past!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:21 pm
User Image
xxxxxMordred Taylor Seftonxxxxx
2nd Year Ravenclaw

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Mordred had found, despite the lack of technology, he was enjoying his time at Hogwarts more and more. The classes were fascinating and there was a sort of freedom to being away from his mother's world of high fashion and the occasional intrusion of his father. He had read the paper's enough to know that something big had happened with his father's family but he doubted that would affect him. Bastards rarely were effected by the family their father came from if something bad happened to that family. After all bastards weren't ever really a part of that family.

He arrived a bit late to the feast having gotten caught up in reading but spotted Di sitting at the table. Figuring sitting with someone he knew (at least some) was better than alone he took a seat across from her. "Hello," Mordred greeted, "Looking forward to the summer or no?" Ordinarily he would joke about at least not having homework but Ravenclaws weren't exactly the type to mind homework all that much Mordred had found. It was a bit refreshing to be honest.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Looking: Witty

{OoC: }
The Forgotten Weasley

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:18 am
Echoes start as a cross in you,
Trembling noises that come too soon.
Spatial movement which seems to you,
Resonating your mask or feud.
Hollow talking and hollow girl;
Force it up from the root of pain.
Never said it was good...
Never said it was near...

User Image
α и т ı g ø и e
¢ α š š ı ø ρ e ı α
ł ı ł ł α и т ı и e

яανeи¢łαωføυятн чeαяρυяeвłøøđše¢øиđ вøяи

Anti didn't have high expectations for this evening; then again, she never did. Tomorrow she'd be home and the little freedom she enjoyed here would be gone again for the summer, so forgive her, she thought sullenly, for not being overjoyed at the prospect. Vio's cousin was getting married and the other girl had asked her if she'd want to come. Anti had said no, mostly because she was still annoyed with Vio for being a busybody, partly because her parents never would have let her go in the first place. Attend the wedding of a halfblood Gryffindor and his muggleborn Gryffindor fiancee? Not likely. She'd be lucky if she got to go anywhere besides Diagon this summer. Mother and Father were ignoring her presence less and less, due to, she assumed, her approaching graduation. Next year she would be a fifth year, after all, and in three years she'd be done with school. And then she'd have to be married. She was lucky to not have had a match made yet, but maybe luck had nothing to do with it. Who wanted the lone Lillantine Ravenclaw for their pureblooded son?

...It was probably best to just focus on the here and now. Worrying about the future wasn't going to make it any better. She didn't know if anyone would sit with her tonight; she kept waiting for Grace to become fed up with her frequent silences, generally low spirits, and occasional borderline sulking. Selina could very easily be sitting with the Hufflepuffs because of Layton, and Lola with the Slytherins because of Devonte. Eira would sit with Alice, the little third year with the ridiculous, she thought, dyed hair. Anti thought those two might be more than friends at this point, and for that reason usually couldn't bring herself to even look at them. It made her stomach twist again. She just needed to try to not feel anything at all, and then all these wrong feelings would go away. She wasn't supposed to feel anything like that, especially not when she looked at other girls. It wasn't- She just wasn't supposed to. She shouldn't.

OOC:

Shadow rises and you are here.
And then you cut, you cut it out-
And everything goes back to the beginning.
Silence seizes a cluttered room...
Light is shed not a breath too soon.
Darkness rises in all you do;
Standing and drawn across the room.
Spatial movements and butterflies.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:01 am

User Image
D I A N T H A
S I Â N
W A R L O W

Di looked up with a small smile in recognition when Mordred took a seat across from her. Since he was a year older, she hadn't seen much of him over the course of the year, but she still considered the older boy a friendly face, at the very least. Besides, it was good to know her upperclassmen. "Yes," she said immediately, and almost sheepishly, as if being happy to return home for the summer was some sort of confession or admission of guilt. "But I'll miss it here. Especially the library; we have a lot of books at home, but it's still nothing compared to here. And the common room- I'll miss having somewhere to study. And the food," she admitted. Isolde was a decent cook, but not one to try to constantly outdo herself in the kitchen, not that Di blamed her. It wasn't as if they had house elves to help with cooking and cleaning at home, even if Taid and Nain were always offering them one of their house elves. Isolde refused. Tad said it was because the idea of house elves had never sat well with her. It didn't necessarily sit well with Di either; the elves at Hogwarts were happy, but that was not always the case, and no matter what you claimed, unpaid house elves were bound to a family and essentially slaves who couldn't defy their masters.

OOC:
mc2

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:17 pm
User Image
2nd Year Ravenclaw

Mordred smiled and said, "But there's Internet away from here... or at least for me." He nodded at the things she missed, though in agreement, and when she mentioned food, Mordred sighed, "Oh the food... yeah I'll miss that food. Mum has been on this vegan kick for years. Her agent suggested it... better than starving herself but still. By the end of the summer I think I'll probably go mad from kale consumption." He propped his elbow on the table and looked to the front of the great hall, realizing that he had still yet to finalize his elective list and he would want to get to Diagon Alley early to get books. Thankfully he lived in London at least. Looking back to Di he asked, "Got anything fun planned for the summer?"

The Forgotten Weasley

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 4:18 pm

User Image
D I A N T H A
S I Â N
W A R L O W

Di rolled her eyes in amusement. "Well, obviously that... if my siblings manage to go just one day without knocking out the wifi." Accidental magic and technology generally did not mix any better than actual magic and technology did. Isolde constantly complained about her cell phone not working properly in the house, and Di was generally driven to the brink when her internet crashed for the second time that hour after Mad had a magical tantrum that made the power go out.

She frowned at the mention of his mother's 'vegan kick'; at least she didn't have to deal with that. The Ravenclaw never had found out what Mordred's mother did for a living, but seeing as she had an agent, it had to be something like acting or modeling. Most likely modeling, since he'd mentioned 'starving herself'. She felt a bit bad for Mordred; he didn't seem to like his father, for obvious reasons, and didn't sound terribly close with his mum either. While she and her stepmum would never be the best of friends, she was very close with Tad.

"That sounds... unpleasant," she said finally, wrinkling her nose, and then laughed at his question. "Babysitting my brother and sisters, I'm sure. Getting dragged to a bunch of family things because I haven't seen them all year." She didn't mean to sound so reluctant about it, but Tad was the youngest of five, and her mum had been the second oldest of seven. She had a lot of aunts and uncles, a lot of cousins, and it could all be a bit much at times. Especially considering as she was the oldest by enough of an age gap that there wasn't really anyone for her to talk to.

OOC:
mc2

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 2:37 pm
User Image
2nd Year Ravenclaw

Mordred chuckled, "Joys of being an only child, I guess..." He paused and frowned slightly and said, "Well sort of an only child..." There was his father's children that would make him not an only child, not that he ever met them. He likely never would which was fine with him. He doubted they would be particularly thrilled if they found out about him, anyways. Mordred wasn't a fool enough to think that his siblings would be anything close to great additions to his life. Children of extramarital affairs weren't the type of half siblings a kid asked for if they wanted an extra sibling.

Mordred noticed Di's frown when he mentioned his mother's eating habits and quickly said, "It's not that bad. I mean there are things like vegan donuts. Sometimes I can convince Mum to pick them up because they aren't really cheating her diet... or not that much. She generally doesn't care too much what I eat to be honest so when we're out I usually order something heartier. Still doesn't compare to what's here but I don't think there is much that could."

He propped his chin up and listened as Di answered about his summer and smiled at the normalcy of what she described. He was sure he'd get to see his father sometime during the summer because it was rare for the man to go more than three months without visiting London and his mother, but he suspected the man welcomed Mordred's time at Hogwarts as it gave more time with his mistress uninterrupted. The man had seen a bit preoccupied though from what his mother had said and judging by the prophet and what it said about the man's family it made sense to be a bit preoccupied. Mordred didn't care too much either way and he wasn't about to mention to his mother what the wizarding newspaper's said about her lover. Talk about an awkward conversation.

The Forgotten Weasley

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 3:38 pm

User Image
D I A N T H A
S I Â N
W A R L O W

Di did her best to ignore his frown and correction of his first statement. She'd been a sort of only child for the first six years of her life; though she'd seen her half siblings often enough, going back and forth between living with them and with her mum. It was probably wasn't the same as it was with Mordred. He seemed to live with his mum, not his dad, for obvious reasons. She wasn't a dirty secret of any sort, even if her siblings claimed she was Tad's favorite. She wasn't; parents didn't have favorites, she insisted to herself. She was his oldest, and that was why. He'd only been nineteen when she was born.

"It's stupid," she said, "That models even have to diet. It's not like most people look like that; it's just society's ridiculous fantasy standard." Then she quieted a bit, wondering if he'd be offended or take it as an insult to his mother. It wasn't like modeling wasn't hard work. It was just that there were far more important things, Di thought, than staying a size two and having a gap between your thighs. "No," she agreed. "I hadn't even had half of these foods before coming here."

He didn't say much at her prediction of what her summer would be like, but smiled at hearing about it, and suddenly she felt vaguely guilty. It didn't sound like he had anyone but his mum, who had to be busy modeling quite a bit. "Anyways," she said carefully. "How was your year, then? Have you figured out your electives yet?" She could hardly wait until her third year; there was such a large selection of electives, Di wasn't sure how she'd choose which to take.

OOC:
mc2

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

Deviled Dregs

Wealthy Lunatic

7,375 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 3:58 pm
User Image

User Image

Ravenclaw │ Sixth Year │ Chaser │ Prefect

Dylan sat down at the Ravenclaw table by himself, running a hand through his hair and sighing lightly. While this year had been a bit less stressful due to the absence of some classes and OWLS, he knew that next year would be the most stressful--it would be his last. He couldn't believe that this was his last stress-free year before he moved out into the real world. It seemed like only yesterday he had come here as a meek 11-year old boy who knew almost nothing. He settled in, waiting for the feast to start.

Name Here

OOC:

━━━━━━

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Emily Vanadeth ❤

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 4:05 pm
User Image
2nd Year Ravenclaw

"Most people diet or at least diet sometime in their life," Mordred answered with a shrug. "A diet is just a set rules for eating. Hell something as simple as not eating peas could be considered a diet." He frowned as he considered his next words. His mother was naturally thinner and Mordred suspected that she didn't have to be nearly as strict on what she ate as she did. She just liked to eat a lot and eating two pounds of carrots was a lot less calories than two pounds of fudge. Hell, all Mordred knew his mother actually preferred carrots to fudge. Mordred didn't really care to get into long conversations about what he considered a fairly boring and useless career, even if it made his mum good money.

Finally he let out a small chuckle and said, "Actually thinking about it I don't think most models look like that either, not exactly. Photoshop is pretty popular you know."

He was relieved when Di didn't turn to asking him about how his summer was and he suspected it was because Di was smart enough to figure it wouldn't be the most welcome of subjects. It wasn't as if he ever hid that he didn't have the most flawless of home lives. Children from extramarital affairs didn't tend to want to brag about their great summers or complain about a possible boring one. "It was quiet," Mordred answered regarding his year. "I've been putting off finalizing the list, I can't seem to make up my mind on whether I should cut any from my current choices."

The Forgotten Weasley

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:07 pm

User Image
D I A N T H A
S I Â N
W A R L O W

"But most diets fail in the long run," Di pointed out, but let it go in lieu of his commentary on Photoshop. "I had no idea," she replied dryly. Better to get all her sarcasm out now; Tad hated it, but she had learned from the best: Isolde. Former Hufflepuff her stepmum might be, but she could dish it out with the rest of them. You couldn't call her catty, not exactly, but she was naturally more reserved than her husband, and if she had a point to make it tended to creep out that way.

She gave him a bit of a look when he simply answered that his year was quiet; she'd toed around the summer subject, and he was a Ravenclaw, like her- she was fairly certain most of them tended to have 'quiet' years, but that didn't mean nothing happened! Still, Mordred was a friendly upperclassmen, but they were not strictly friends, so she didn't feel comfortable pushing it, not something that petty. "Well, what do you want to be?" she asked, then amended, "After Hogwarts, I mean."

Without really waiting for a reply she hurriedly added, "I'm definitely taking Advanced Flying next year; my dad will be crushed if I don't try out, and I like flying well enough. And I know I want Wizard Law third year. That's what I want to do, so that's obvious. Healing seems to make sense too, and Mythology- ugh, I can't remember most of them. Isn't there a world history one? I want to take that, too."

OOC:
mc2

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:09 am
User Image

Time: End of the 2031-2032
                                                                        Location: Ravenclaw Table
                                                                        Looking: Pretty Clever

------------------------------------------------------------------------x

Lola hadn't been in a particular rush to go down to the Great Hall for the ending feast. She already knew Selina would be sitting with the Hufflepuffs, more specifically her boyfriend Layton, and Lola would sit with him over her dead body. She supposed she could find another friend to sit with but Ravenclaws were quiet. She wasn't going to brave sitting with Devonte, though, because she wasn't stupid. Devonte may be her boyfriend and plenty of Slytherins were okay but that didn't change the fact she would be less welcome than most Gryffindors by many at the table. She was the halfbreed after all. And there was Hamilton and sorts like that. She'd pass. However, by the time she did get down to the dinning hall most people were grouped off, even at the quiet Ravenclaw table, but she spotted Anti sitting alone looking much like she'd rather the year not to end and perhaps would rather not be noticed or notice anyone else. Taking a seat across from Anti, Lola nodded and said, "Good day" but left it at that not wanting to pry or bother the more quiet Ravenclaw girl.
                                                                        ------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                                                        {OoC: Open for interaction}
                                                                        The Forgotten Weasley

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:07 pm
User Image
2nd Year Ravenclaw

Mordred shrugged at Di's point about diets failing before he fixed her with a dry look at her sarcastic answer about photoshop. He raised a brow in slight challenge when Di fixed him a look about his noncommittal answer about his year. What was he supposed to say? He supposed he could have mentioned spending time with Gia or the fact she decided to use him for her own sexual experimentation. He was still a bit miffed about that to be honest. And traumatized. Not that the kiss was bad for him but the fact it meant absolutely nothing to Gia and she didn't see the big deal was a bit of a blow to what ego he did have as a male. Males going into puberty wanted to be considered a bit more than a minion sometimes, even if the girl wasn't really the type he'd necessarily have a crush on. Mordred wasn't even sure what kind of girl he'd develop a crush on someday but he didn't think it would be Gia.

Frowning he said, "Honestly I haven't a clue. I mean I know I want to do something productive. Discover or invent something. I mean make the world better somehow... that's really not specific to help though," He added tapping his chin as he considered the question.

"Oh Advanced Flying? I didn't take that this year but I didn't grow up with brooms and never got into quidditch. Not really, I mean I go to all the games but it just hasn't clicked with me yet," Mordred said. "Let me know how Advanced Flying goes, though. As for wizard law, I'm pretty sure I don't want to take that. Too similar to what my father does," He said quickly with a small shudder. "I do know I don't want to work for any wizarding ministry of magic. Governments are too corrupt for my taste. There's a ancient studies class, I know, and a few mythology class, and a world studies class. Is that what you mean?"

The Forgotten Weasley

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 8:15 am
Echoes start as a cross in you,
Trembling noises that come too soon.
Spatial movement which seems to you,
Resonating your mask or feud.
Hollow talking and hollow girl;
Force it up from the root of pain.
Never said it was good...
Never said it was near...

User Image
α и т ı g ø и e
¢ α š š ı ø ρ e ı α
ł ı ł ł α и т ı и e

яανeи¢łαωføυятн чeαяρυяeвłøøđše¢øиđ вøяи

Anti was surprised when Lola quietly took a seat across from her, but she supposed she could see why. Maybe she was dating a pureblood Slytherin, but that didn't change the fact that the other girl was a halfblood and a halfbreed, things that might not go over very well at the Slytherin table, at least not with people like her brother and the Strudwick boy. Besides, Devonte Bannister might be willing to date Lola, but that didn't mean he'd defend her if his reputation was on the line. Relationships didn't guarantee loyalty; Anti had grown up knowing that.

One good thing about Lola, though Anti knew she was just being spiteful and that there was more than one good thing about the other girl, who was uncommonly goodnatured, was that she didn't say much more than a polite greeting and left it at that. Even if Anti didn't even respond, she probably wouldn't say anything else. "Good day," she said, even if it was really evening, judging by the stars overhead. Then a beat of silence, and while she ought to have left it at that, she said quietly, "I hope you had a good year." It might have come off a touch dryer than she'd meant it to be.

OOC:
mc2

Shadow rises and you are here.
And then you cut, you cut it out-
And everything goes back to the beginning.
Silence seizes a cluttered room...
Light is shed not a breath too soon.
Darkness rises in all you do;
Standing and drawn across the room.
Spatial movements and butterflies.

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 10:32 am

User Image
D I A N T H A
S I Â N
W A R L O W

Di resisted the urge to raise a brow back at him, even if she hadn't had a good old fashioned argument all year, now probably wasn't the time. Besides, it wasn't really any of her business how his year had been, and he was probably being nice to not tell her that. He didn't have to be sitting with a first year, after all... Or maybe he did. She wasn't sure who Mordred's friends were, actually. He didn't seem to have one set group, though she'd seen him with that Slytherin girl, the one everyone said was Italian and mad.

"You could be a spell inventor," she said more lightly than she felt- how could he not know? Then again, she was being unfair. Most people their age probably didn't know what they wanted to be in the future. But she always had. "I think our team could use the help, anyways," she added a bit furtively, not that it was a secret how poorly Ravenclaw had done in Quidditch this year, not scoring even one goal the entire season, never mind winning any games.

She frowned. "Is he a lawyer then? Or part of the Wizengamot? My dad works in the Department of Magical Law Enforcement doing something." Then she caught herself and added more reservedly, "Not that it's any of my business... I want to study law, though- not for the Ministry," she nodded in agreement. "It's full of rich old men with no sense," she muttered as an afterthought. Despite the efforts to promote equality and tolerance after the Second Wizarding World War, which her grandparents had been middle aged during, there were still plenty of purists and corrupt officials in positions of power. And someone had to do something about it.

"Maybe I should take Ancient Studies too... I love history but I know it's not logical to take everything; I'll just end up doing poorly on my exams..." She wavered. "I did mean World Studies. Everyone should really take that, unless History of Magic covers most of it, which I don't think it does..." Di bit her lip in consternation, but was distracted by the pangs of hunger in her stomach. "Ugh, I wish they'd get on it with, I am actually starved."

OOC:
mc2

Great Hall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 126 127 128 129 130 131 ... 161 162 163 164 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games