Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]
Jade Legacy [L5R 3eR] - Act 1: Atsumari/Gathering Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 126 127 128 129 130 131 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Agent Sinistra

Dangerous Genius

7,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:44 pm
@Lioness Shenanigans

"Really?" Kyumi would ask excitedly."You would do that for me?"

While Omi would refrain from saying what she thought, it was easy to see that the monk's response was not what she was hoping for. Still, she would behave, and would politely answer him.

"If that's what you wish, Kan-sama." She would stand next to Kan and began to show him the beginning of the hair loopy technique, though not without a subtle voicing of her irritation.

When she went to start demonstrating, Omi would sharply tug on some strands of her mistress' hair. While the tug was not enough to pull off any of Kyumi's hair, an unsuspecting Kyumi let out a soft yelp of pain as the result.

"OMI!"

The attendant would feign an apologetic look while lightly patting Kyumi's back, as if to assure her. "My sincerest apologies, mistress. I didn't realize that would hurt you so."  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:51 pm
@ Lioness Shenanigans:

Kan would proverbially sweatdrop at the demonstration, before seriousing up. "Yes, I've seen something like that before. Assuming the pain is optional, of course. Give me a little bit, I think I can make this work."

Now, Kyumi probably has never had a man do her hair before, let alone a monk. The parts of his hands that touched her scalp seemed calloused, no doubt from all the jiujutsu training. Plus, he completely lacked the same finesse Omi had. There would most likely be a sinking feeling of dread deep in her

"Done."

{Kan spends a void to activate his One With All kiho - 5 rounds pass, as the skill check is an automatic success.}

"Is it supposed to look something like this, Omi?" he would ask the assistant, stepping back and bowing to her in thanks for showing him what he needed to complete the task.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:00 pm
@ Crane Shenanigans:

Koan would nod, though his reaction was rather emotionless. "Yes, I did not win today's Social Competition either. As much as that pains me, I believe I still have an advantage in such competitions, and we should still be the most victorious Clan come the final day."

Kaori would see herself get talked around, so she tried to contribute to the conversation. "Hogai-san and I haven't even

"Zanzen-san, I am expecting company later. Could I trouble you for privacy in, say, half an hour?" Koan would interrupt, waiting almost eagerly for Zanzen's response.  
Agent Sinistra rolled 9 10-sided dice: 3, 2, 5, 5, 4, 7, 10, 3, 5 Total: 44 (9-90)
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:31 pm
@ Lioness Shenanigans

Kyumi would watch Omi with interest as the attendant inspected the monk's work. Ultimately, Omi would, somewhat begrudgingly answer with. "Yes, that's it exactly..."

Kyumi would beam happily. "Thank you so much, Kan-san! That's perfect!" However, her expression would begin to change to one that was a bit more hesitant, as if she had just realized that there was something she wanted to ask about, but wasn't sure if she should.

"Forgive me if this is too much, but... Has anyone been bothering you lately?" Kyumi would look a little uncomfortable about bringing the subject up."Someone asked me about you earlier, and I'm worried that they might be trying to shame you somehow..."

((Rolling Etiquette with one raise to be SUPER POLITE and unoffensive. 5k3 = 14. GOOD JOB WITH THAT, KYUMI. sweatdrop ))  

Agent Sinistra

Dangerous Genius

7,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:41 pm
@ Lioness Shenanigans:

Kan would bow almost apologetically to Omi. "I'm sorry if I've overstepped by bounds as a guest, but..." He would turn to look at Kyumi checking out her hair. "She looks stunning, does she not? I'm sure Jiro will be impressed."

And then, Kyumi would ask that question. Kan would blink a few times, pausing before answering, as if he had to consider his response carefully. "Well, I

"Excuse me?" a masculine voice from outside the tent suddenly, before Kan could respond. Who could this be?  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:33 pm
@Crane Shenanigans

He looked at Koan, raising a brow as he looked the man over. Finally, he just shrugged. "I believe I may be able to do that." Standing up, he bowed to Kaori. "I apologize, it appears that I must cut our chat short. It was a good talk and I would enjoy speaking with you again some time."  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Agent Sinistra

Dangerous Genius

7,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:50 pm
@ Lioness Shenanigans:

Omi would politely smile back. "Yes... She looks lovely."

Kyumi would look a bit apologetic when Kan was interrupted.

"I... I should probably see who it is." She would quickly rush over to the tent's entrance and would step out to greet whoever was standing outside.  
Raganui Minamoto rolled 6 10-sided dice: 9, 6, 7, 1, 4, 1 Total: 28 (6-60)
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:14 pm
... forgot my Etiquette roll.

4k2

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:48 pm
@ Lioness Shenanigans:

As Kyumi threw open the tent flaps, she would reveal a certain dark-haired, dangerously beautiful, bashful Crane, standing nervously in waiting. He went to speak, but the very air seemed to abandon his lungs, as he found himself unable to speak. He gazed at the entirety of Kitsu Kyumi, reddening a bit at the sight before him.

"I... I wanted to... make sure you were okay... you left the Shogi competition so quickly, I was concerned something was wrong..." he started to explain. Apparently, this was not what he expected to find upon arriving here.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:00 pm
@ Crane Shenanigans:

Kuni Kaori seemed a bit put off - as to what, a TN 15 Awareness/Investigation [Interrogation] roll would give Zanzen further insight.

"It's alright. The tea was excellent, but I really must be going if I want to be well rested for tomorrow's events. It's my last chance to redeem myself." She would stand and bow a bit uncomfortably to Zanzen, not really paying Koan any mind - though, it seems the feeling was mutual, as he simply waited for her to leave. She would make sure to bring her weapons with her as she left without any further words.

Upon sitting at the little area he had set up for himself using Kenichi's unused station, Koan would begin beautifying himself via liberal use of servants without another word.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Agent Sinistra

Dangerous Genius

7,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:47 pm
@Lioness Shenanigans:

Kyumi looked more than a little shocked to see Kenichi there. For a brief moment, there was a look of panic in her eyes.

"A-Asahina-san! How nice to see you!" She would say, quickly covering up her shock with a smile. "It was very sweet of you to come check up on me. I'm just fine, though I am sorry for making you worry."

A voice chuckled softly in Kyumi's ear. "And here I thought you'd learned nothing from me!" The spirit of Ikoma Rokujo would once more return to... help guide... her descendant.

With a playful tug on one of Kyumi's hair loops, the spirit would comment. "How darling! And daring! I admit though... For as much as I've tried to teach you, don't you think you're cutting it a bit close? You're practically begging the Fortunes to send Ji-chan to come in to snatch you away!"

Kyumi would try her best to ignore her, though she would glance at the spirit out of the corner of her eye from time to time.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:01 pm
@ Lioness Shenanigans:

"Uh... perhaps we should vacate, Omi..." Kan would suggest, giving a concerned look to the servant woman from the opposite side of the Lion tent.

"I was worried that the Soshi woman had said something to offend or hurt you, or perhaps you had fallen ill." Kenichi would awkwardly press his fingertips together. "I see... that I was mistaken..."

Lowering his gaze towards the ground. "You look... incredibly lovely... but its for someone else... isn't it?"  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Agent Sinistra rolled 9 10-sided dice: 10, 2, 2, 1, 10, 8, 8, 2, 2 Total: 45 (9-90)

Agent Sinistra

Dangerous Genius

7,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:15 pm
@ Lioness Shenanigans:
Omi would bring one of her hands to her forehead as she began to feel the inevitable return of a familiar throbbing. She would then let out a sigh as she began to make her way out of the tent. "We may as well..." Omi would directly say to the monk, though she would quietly murmur to herself, "There's no reason for both of us to endure an inevitable headache."

"I... Thank you..." Kyumi couldn't help but blush at the compliment, despite how awkward the situation had just become. "M-Maybe later I- I could look lovelier? Just for you?" While she certainly sounded a bit tentative when she said it, it was due more to being nervous about even suggesting it and even more worried that there was no chance of it being accepted. She wasn't even sure she had said it loud enough to be heard, and she certainly wasn't brave enough to repeat it louder.

((Rolling etiquette to try to save herself from awkwardness and make her request sound sincere, 5k3 = 38 ))  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:12 pm
@Crane Shenanigans

He just looked over at Koan and shook his head. Sliding his sword away, Zanzen left the tent, deciding that a walk was in order.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:35 pm
@ Crane Shenanigans:

Some time after beginning his walk, and completing at least one circuit, Zanzen would notice something... new. There seemed to be a large chest not far from the Scorpion Clan tent, within sight of its entrance. A rut in the dirt seemed to lead to it, suggesting that it was dragged there.

It is closed and unattended.  
[L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 126 127 128 129 130 131 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games