Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]
Jade Legacy [L5R 3eR] - Act 1: Atsumari/Gathering Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 127 128 129 130 131 132 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:42 pm
@ Lioness Shenanigans:

Though the sincerity of the comment would NOT be lost, as there was a brief glimmer of hope in Kenichi's demeanor, reflected in his eyes...

Though just as quickly as it came, it vanished, his heart sinking. "... later," he would repeat solemnly. He would shuffle his feet awkwardly for a few moments, before bowing to Kyumi. "You are well. I suppose I will see you... later." He would then turn to leave, putting on his bravest facade to ensure he would not sulk.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:28 pm
@Crane Shenanigans

Well, this was odd. If it was a Scorpion chest they had brought, he would have assumed it would be inside. Taking a moment to look around for an owner and a direction it was dragged from, he would walk up to the chest and inspect it further.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Agent Sinistra

Dangerous Genius

7,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:14 pm
@Lioness Shenanigans:

"Yes... Later..." She'd quietly repeat, sounding a little depressed herself. She hadn't been entirely sure how Kenichi would have reacted, though she'd been hoping that it'd perhaps been a bit more excited, or a bit more daring.

"Well... That went surprisingly better than I thought it would." Rokujo would comment, although she didn't appear to be listening for an answer from Kyumi. She would let out a soft sigh. "Such a shame that the pretty boy's a Crane..."

Kyumi would glance over at the Spirit as Kenichi went to leave. "Ikoma-sama...!" She would whisper back desperately. The spirit would look down at Kyumi; her smile would begin to curl into a smirk.

"Ahhh... So now you actually want to pay attention to me?" She would waggle a finger at her and make a soft tsking sound. "Perhaps now you'll think twice before making demands of your elders, hmmm~?"

"Please!" She'd quietly beg back.

"You'll let me think on it, won't you~?" The spirit would reply with a dark sounding chuckle. She would then fade away, leaving a rather dismayed Kyumi behind.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:16 pm
@ Crane Shenanigans:

The chest is closed, with an unlocked latch upon the front of it. Does Zanzen open it?  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:21 pm
@ Lioness Shenanigans:

Kan would frown as Kyumi re-entered the tent. "Kyumi-san... I'm sorry." Kan did his best to remain stoic for Kyumi's sake, but he definitely was fighting back genuine sadness.

"Maybe... maybe some tea will help. That way, there might be some ready when Jiro-san arrives, or in case Kenichi-san comes back. What do you say?"  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:12 pm
@Crane Shenanigans

Carefully, he moved behind the chest and tried to open it, using the lid as a shield should anything inside start trying to attack. This was near the Scorpion area, after all.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:34 pm
@ Crane Shenanigans:

"BONZAI!"

Suddenly, Wazuka would rush out from behind the Scorpion tent, sasumata in hand as she went to knock the Crane bushi into the chest!

... except he had moved to the rear of the chest, and was not in ample position to get knocked and locked in the container. Her charge would peter off, and she would stand a few feet from Zanzen and the chest, just... staring at him.

"Well... uh..." she would trail off, unsure on how to proceed with her clever plan.

"Would you mind getting in the box?"

{Etiquette of 11}  
Raganui Minamoto rolled 6 10-sided dice: 4, 5, 1, 4, 6, 4 Total: 24 (6-60)
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:48 pm
@ Crane Shenanigans

"I do not believe I shall." He lets the lid drop back onto it and looks at Wazuka, frowning. "I wonder what Sozen-san would say if he knew that you were running about alone this late, asking people to get into boxes. I must admit that it does not seem like a normal hobby."

4d2 etiquette

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:58 pm
Competition over, Seichiro walked back to the Lion tent, going inside. There, he saw Kan, and the approached him. "Kan-san, could I speak to you outside real quick?"  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:10 pm
@ Crane Shenanigans:

Wazuka would look completely admonished by the stern attitude Zanzen was having with her. "But... I swore to catch the mastermind of the nightwalkers on my own..." She seemed mortified at the whole situation...

Suddenly, she lit up, her eyes shining. "That just means... I'll need to capture you the old fashioned way! Then I will learn the secrets of your mysterious organization! Prepare yourself!" Wazuka brandished her sasumata at the Crane, apparently gunning for a fight!

Zanzen, what are you going to do? If you have no other plans, initiative will be required!  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:12 pm
@ Lion Shenanigans:

Kan would smile as Seichiro returned to the tent. "Oh, Seichiro-san! I was wondering when you would show up." Kan definitely seemed unsure what Seichiro's motivations were, but he would nod in response. Turning towards Kyumi and Omi, he would bow his head.

"If you'll excuse me, I doubt we will be very long. Then perhaps we can have that tea, hm?"

With a polite smile, he would then turn and follow Seichiro.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:22 pm
@ Lion Shenanigans:

"Well, my mind is a tad distressed after I had my Tea Ceremony with Doji Koan. A charismatic man, for sure, but... I just can't shake off the feeling that he might be plotting SOMETHING. He asked me, basically 'bribed' me to be his second in tomorrow's Iaijutsu tournament. He said he couldn't trust in his own Clansman, that Kakita Zanzen. That, and he basically told me that he cares not about that Toyoko girl. I'm not sure what to do..."  

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50

Agent Sinistra

Dangerous Genius

7,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:26 pm
@ Lion Shenanigans

Kyumi would nod, forcing a polite smile. She hoped that her other tent-mate hadn't had the chance to notice her now... less than cheerful mood. "That's fine. I'll see if perhaps Omi and I can't get something started while the two of you talk."

Despite her earlier irritation and the fact that she's trying to hide it, it's pretty obvious that Omi is starting to become more than a little concerned about her mistress.

As the two men left, the two women would begin to prepare some tea, although it would be Omi who did most of the preparation.

((Kinda belated post is a bit belated. XD ))  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:29 pm
@ Lioness Shenanigans:

It wouldn't be very long after Kan and Seichiro stepped out, and after Kyumi and Omi began preparing tea, when a male voice would call from outside the tent's entrance, "Is that tea I smell? May I enter?"  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:50 pm
@ Lion Shenanigans:

It might be a disconcerting thing to Seichiro, but Kan really didn't react to the news he was just given.

"Well, if you are concerned about plots, you could have someone investigate it. Perhaps Kyumi-san has some spells which might aid such an investigation. Or you could ask Kitsuki Wazuka, I'm pretty sure I heard her running around out here - to what ends, I couldn't say. But... do you have any suspicions that he means to bring harm or ruin to anyone? He strikes me as the type that's too interested in furthering his own political schemes to be legitimately nefarious. But perhaps, he's given you a different feeling."

Kan would relax a bit, thinking of how to respond to the rest of Seichiro's concerns. "That's the thing about bribes... you don't have to accept them if you do not want to. I'm not sure how much money he offered you, but if you haven't sworn to anyone yet, I don't think it's technically a bribe. He's trying to secure your services as a duelist. I personally think Koan's loyalties are to himself first and foremost, but aren't we all merely creatures of our upbringing? Koan has very few friends, if any, due to how strong he comes on sometimes. It sounds like he might have even alienated his fellow Clansmates, and he's probably desperate for someone, anyone, to stick by his side - even if for a day."

He would actually reach out a hand, putting it on Seichiro's shoulder. "If you accept his request, or if you refuse it, the choice is yours alone. I cannot give you the answer. You are under no obligation, and with the tensions between the Crane and Lion, no one would even think less of you for turning him down on behalf of one of your allies - Kyumi-san, for instance. Your destiny is yours to mold, so whichever decision you choose, realize that it is the right one for you."

Taking his hand away, Kan would give a concerned glance off in the general direction of the Phoenix tent. "I know about Toyoko. I tried to tell her myself, but she would not hear of it. I'm afraid this is going to be a lesson she has to learn for herself. You, me, Kyumi, Sosuke, all of us could prevent her from making a mistake, but in the end, she will keep repeating this behavior until she learns FROM the mistake. It's how we grow."

Kan would then smile, as if being adrift upon the sea of a fond memory. He would lock his gaze with Seichiro with his soft eyes. "If you ever have the opportunity to fall head-over-heels in love in your lifetime, you'll understand then, and not a moment sooner."  
[L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 127 128 129 130 131 132 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games