Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

jc-jade

4,800 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:18 pm
Verenna smirked. "Yes, that's most likely true. But really...why'd you choose here anyway? What was wrong with Fort?" She was truly interested.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:36 pm
R'lan smiled. "Nothing was wrong with Fort. It's just that nothing tied me to Fort so, when the call came out for riders to join Ierne, I went." R'lan glanced at her. "I am not typically the type of person who attracts a lot of attention or people."  

Thilwen Nimlondiel

Divine Phantom

11,150 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Nerd 50

jc-jade

4,800 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:03 pm
"Which is something I don't understand," Verenna said. "You're a very interesting person. If I felt drawn to you, others should have been as well. Then again, maybe it was just that 'opposites attract' rule or something." She broke off a bit of wherry for Myvonne, who had just appeared. Matt protested from her shoulder, so she fed him some as well. "I guess the firelizards don't care who is popular and who isn't."  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:06 am
"I suppose it's more a thing of my own creation. I like to be the observer; to be in the background," R'lan commented. R'lan popped a tuber in his mouth and glanced over as Rune materialized nearby. The brown firelizard landed on R'lan's shoulder and chirruped, sending an impression of the beach.  

Thilwen Nimlondiel

Divine Phantom

11,150 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Nerd 50

jc-jade

4,800 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:24 am
Verenna abanoned her wherry to Myvonne and Matt, escaping to the comfort of her tubers. She finished quickly after that. She agreed with R'lan. The background was better.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:43 am
R'lan leaned back as he finished his lunch. He fed a last tidbit to Rune. He regarded the little brown for a moment before turning to Verenna. "We should watch the sunset tonight. It would be fun."  

Thilwen Nimlondiel

Divine Phantom

11,150 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Nerd 50

jc-jade

4,800 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:24 pm
Verenna regarded R'lan silently for a moment. "Yeah, okay. Should be fun." Little did he know that watching the sun set was a favorite hobby of hers.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:42 pm
I have no real reason, Wreth. Riders may be easier to understand, but they are still just as silly as nonriders. I will tell him that; he seems afraid to speak with her, but I will try to convince him.

F'lin opened his mouth to answer Minoa when the Weyrleader appeared. He looked up at the older man, in silent shock for moment before shaking off his paralysis and making room for M'gor.

"Of course not," he stammered; who in their right mind would mind if the Weyrleader joined them? "Please, sit."

Garinth, you heard Minoa's comment, didn't you? F'in asked silently.

Of course; I hear everything that you hear. Wreth says that Kes misses you. She would like to speak with you again as well.

Garinth's tone conveyed the concern he felt for his rider as well as his total agreement with Wreth.

I'll speak with her as soon as I can, I promise. But for now...I think it might also be wise to become close to others in the Weyr.

--------

Hello, Barith. It's been a while. We are well. I assume that you are as well? It's been a while since the last hatchlings graduated from the Weyrling barracks, so yours would have much less work. He should rest while he has the chance.

Tyreena smiled at Kes's vague description of the flight, nodding at what she had to say of D'ran. His were traits that were always good in a man, weyrmate or no. Then she started at the mention of nicknames, staring at her usually conservative friend before a huge grin split her face.

"Hey, now," she chided. "I don't have nicknames for everyone. After all, how can you give men any nicknames when their names have already been shortened? Hm. Tye...That's very original, if I do say so myself."

Of course you aren't little, sister. But I can still say it. That is good. I will be glad when those eggs hatch. Then you will be free to play and I can have fun with the hatchlings while their riders acclimate to Weyr life. It will be good also when Kes is herself again, though this new Kes is interesting as well. She is fun. Are Voliath and his rider fun as well?  

Cherished Strawberries
Vice Captain

950 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100

Thilwen Nimlondiel

Divine Phantom

11,150 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Nerd 50
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:00 pm
R'lan smiled and kissed Verenna on the cheek before getting up. "I shall see you then."

~~~

Minoa glanced over at M'gor and smiled. "It's good to see you."  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:53 pm
Verenna smiled at R'lan's receding back as he walked away. He was so nice to be around, not like the other riders at all. And he had a firelizard too. He was among the still few on Pern who knew what it was like to have Impressed the mysterious creatures. "Yes, I'll see you," she agreed. She looked forward to it.

((I'm going to the Beach now. Verenna will be by that tide pool I made up. Well, actually, since I don't want to double post there, she will be as soon as R'lan makes an appearance.))  

jc-jade

4,800 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Window Shopper 100

Dragon_Lady_Selene
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:37 pm
M'gor smiled warmly at the invitation and sat next to the brownrider and the young woman with him. "Lady Minoa, how are you?" He looked sideways at where Kes sat then back at F'lin. "Tell me truthfull, boy, what do you intend to do about that goldrider of yours? She's a special one and Lina likes her and wants her happy. What I want to know is what do YOU want for her?" He looked at the young man seriously now.

-----

Wreth sighed at the comment. Ganith, Yours is forever saying later and tomorrow. If he likes Mine, he should do something about it. Especially since I believe the bronzerider fancies her as well, or he may come to do so soon. If Yours doesn't act soon, he will loss us both. Wreth then turned her mind back to Purith. I will be releived to have them all hatch safely. Then I can focus on other things besides just my littles. It is very frustrating.The gold paused. Mine has changed much since my flight, I wonder if Yours won't do the same when you go up. At least you still like her.

Kes smiled back at her friend. "Yes you do so have nicknames for everyone. Or most everyone. And thank you, Wreth thought it was cute too, calling you Tye."

-----

Barith warbled at the green's comment. Yes Mine has less to do now but he also has to worry about the new littles when Wreth's clutch finally hatches. Then there's what will happen when Tarith(I think that's the other gold's name) goes up. It's all so worrisome for him but I think he secretly enjoys it.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:18 pm
Minoa smiled at the question. "Healthy and trying to absorb all the new training as best I can."  

Thilwen Nimlondiel

Divine Phantom

11,150 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Nerd 50

Cherished Strawberries
Vice Captain

950 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:26 pm
((Sorry it's taken so long. I've been depressed...and stressed. Finals are coming up, too, so that's been keeping me busy as well. I didn't realize how long it had been since my last post.))

F'lin fiddled with the mug of klah near his right hand.

Go on, F'lin. Say it.

"I want her happy," he said finally, turning to look the Weyrleader in the eyes. "I love her, and Garinth loves Wreth. I need to at least talk with her. I know that. But that bronzerider could make a move at any time, and I'm rather trying to avoid a confrontation with him. If he's taken to hanging around by Kes, then I'll likely not see her."

Garinth crooned from his perch outside their weyr. F'lin's words had been true, and all but the last sentence had been promising. Taking the initiative, he relayed what his rider had said to Wreth adding, I think he means it. he will act as soon as he can, I think.

--------------

"Well, maybe almost everyone," Tyreena allowed with a chuckle. "Though I still have trouble finding a name for F'lin. F'i? F'li? Lin? Liny? It just doesn't sound right."

A little pop sounded then, and a blue fire lizard swooped down to Tyreena's shoulder. He nuzzled her cheek affectionately before crawling down to nose through her plate of wherry.

"Hey, there, Tril," she said. "Where have you been, you little greedy guts?" The last bit she said only because he seemed to be off exploring for long periods of time lately.

Tyreena sighed happily. "You've really loosened up, you know that?" she said to Kes. "I was a little afraid of you when I first Impressed, actually. You were really quiet, and you never really smiled. It was intimidating. You'd only talk to F'lin. I think being a queen rider has done wonders for you. That and F'lin has always been a good influence on you. Like the perfect brother."

Of course I like her! She's a very good source of fun for my 'Reena and me. Yes, 'Reena might change. Perhaps she'll become more down to Pern, like she used to be. I've given her quite a light heart!  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:21 pm
Verenna flew to the mess hall on her green Baneth. She was starved- it must have been at least 11am by the time she woke up, and all she had to eat the night before was a few tubers (the werry went to the firelizards) and then klah on the beach with R'lan. Speaking of starving...Baneth looked a little off in color. She would need to go hunting soon herself.

Verenna left her dragon with the promise that she would be able to go hunting soon. Baneth quickly assured her rider that she could wait. Verenna hurried inside to see what food she could scrounge up; and maybe bump into R'lan again.  

jc-jade

4,800 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Window Shopper 100

Thilwen Nimlondiel

Divine Phantom

11,150 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Nerd 50
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:36 pm
R'lan glanced at the mug of klah in his hand. The gift from his brother had been unexpected but R'lan hoped it meant his brother had received his letter and had come around finally. His brother had resented R'lan for many years for the fact that he had become a dragonrider. He sipped the klah. His mouth felt unusually dry and the moment after he had swallowed the klah it returned to that state.

Is something the matter, Mine?

R'lan shook his head. "I don't know." He stared down at his mug and realized his hands were shaking slightly. He sniffed the klah. It didn't smell quite right. R'lan threw the mug aside. He wasn't one to run to a healer but suddenly his brother's gift seemed less like a gift. He rushed to Ellorth, feeling a weakness in his muscles. "Take me to the healer, Ellorth!"

Ellorth swung his head around in concern as R'lan struggled to climb onto Ellorth. R'lan?! Eyes whirling orange in distress he reared up and wrapped one forepaw around his rider. He took off towards the infirmary. Minoa! Mine demands you! Ellorth didn't bother restricting the sending to the healer, though he did purposefully send it to her.

~ ~ ~

Minoa startled at the voice in her head and flew to her feet in shock. Then her training came to her and she rushed out of the lower caverns towards the infirmary. She chided herself for not having some supplies on her like she usually liked to. One never knew when an emergency would crop up, though there were few of those at a Weyr save when there was a threadfall.  
Ierne Weyr

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff