Welcome to Gaia! ::

It's A Girl Thing! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Family, A Home. 

Tags: Linkin Park, Contests, Hangout, Role Playing, Twilight 

Reply 22. ✿ - - - Health And Exercise
Questions About Sex & Sexual Health Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 37 38 39 40 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Perfect Stranger 3-0

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:14 pm
.Vindicated.Of.Sanity.
Haha, weird question... do you have to have had sex to get an STI? And how would you know if you had an STI?
I'm a little paranoid sometimes. XD

The STDs or STIs that can be transmited without sexual contact are mostly transmitted through blood exchange (say, some drug junkies use the same needle to inject drugs) or if a mother pass it through her child.

The three bacterial asymptomatic diseases can be passed to a baby (gonorrhea, syphilis and chlamydia); most kids who born with abnormalities or dead is mostly because of an untreated STD. That's the importance of getting tested regularly; they do not present symptoms, but they also have cure. Antibiotics for several weeks, and that's it (depending of how long the bacteria have been in the body, or how much damage it have done). They're curable, but they leave permanent damage; Al Capone died of mental complications due to syphilis, so as Pocahontas on 1622. Women can get infertile due to chlamydia or gonorrhea that's not treated on time.

Hepatitis A, B and C (the C has no cure) are also transmitted by other fluids, like urine and sweat. However, most kids these days are immunized against them.

HIV is mostly transmitted through the blood rather than sexual contact. Hepatitis (mostly B and C) can also be transmitted this way (Pamela Anderson contracted Hepatitis C because she used the same needle as her ex husband, Tommy Lee, for a tattoo; she's on a lifetime treatment to make sure the virus does not keep on harming her).

Warts (HPV) are also all over the body. That's why is so important to get vaccinated against HPV; genital warts could also cause cervical cancer

You can also get more info on STDs/STIs at your local library, planned parenthood clinic (only planned parenthood; other centers, like Crisis Pregnancy Centers, only give wrong information), or your school (only if it have an objective, non bias sex ed program).

Try some of these links for some extra information:

Reproductive Health Reality Check

Planned Parenthood  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:23 pm
Scubas_girl
umm...how early can you find out if your pregnant or not?

Lysabear

Gracious Gaian

5,150 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200

Rei Uchikino

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:39 pm
Scubas_girl
Scubas_girl

There are pregnancy tests that you can take up to five days before your expected period. It's hard to trust those however since you can't always trust your period to come on the exact day marked on the calendar.

I also heard that it's best to wait nine to ten days after ovulation to take the test to help lower the chance of a false negative. But this is also hard to trust since it's hard to know when you're ovulating. Unless you buy an ovulation test (Similar to a pregnancy test.) and those are pretty pricey.

It's best to wait a week after your missed period, or your period if you suspect your pregnant. (Some women often mistake implantation bleeding as their period.) I would wait fourteen days after my period just to be safe.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:01 pm
Rei Uchikino
Scubas_girl
Scubas_girl

There are pregnancy tests that you can take up to five days before your expected period. It's hard to trust those however since you can't always trust your period to come on the exact day marked on the calendar.

I also heard that it's best to wait nine to ten days after ovulation to take the test to help lower the chance of a false negative. But this is also hard to trust since it's hard to know when you're ovulating. Unless you buy an ovulation test (Similar to a pregnancy test.) and those are pretty pricey.

It's best to wait a week after your missed period, or your period if you suspect your pregnant. (Some women often mistake implantation bleeding as their period.) I would wait fourteen days after my period just to be safe.

okay...
im afraid im gonna be one of the girls on the show "I didn't know i was pregnant" >.<
What are the chance if my period comes between the last 2 weeks of the month? just wondering  

Lysabear

Gracious Gaian

5,150 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200

Rei Uchikino

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:25 pm
Scubas_girl
Rei Uchikino
Scubas_girl
Scubas_girl

okay...
im afraid im gonna be one of the girls on the show "I didn't know i was pregnant" >.<
What are the chance if my period comes between the last 2 weeks of the month? just wondering

Hmm, I'm not sure. I really don't know if the time of month determines whether or not you're pregnant.
May I ask? Do you usually get your period around that time of month?  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:31 pm
Rei Uchikino
Scubas_girl
Rei Uchikino
Scubas_girl
Scubas_girl

okay...

Hmm, I'm not sure. I really don't know if the time of month determines whether or not you're pregnant.

Hmm, I think she might be asking about fertile days. This is how you determine your approximate fertile days. Subtract the total days in your cycle (say, 26) by 14. The total, 12, is the day in which you will ovulate. Two days prior (10 and 11) and two days after (13 and 14) are the fertile days.

If it's been over a week, say 10 days, after the missed period you'd better get tested for pregnancy. Planned parenthood offer them without appointments, or you can buy one at the pharmacy.  

Perfect Stranger 3-0

.Vindicated.Of.Sanity.

8,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:06 pm
Perfect Stranger 3-0
.Vindicated.Of.Sanity.
Haha, weird question... do you have to have had sex to get an STI? And how would you know if you had an STI?
I'm a little paranoid sometimes. XD

The STDs or STIs that can be transmited without sexual contact are mostly transmitted through blood exchange (say, some drug junkies use the same needle to inject drugs) or if a mother pass it through her child.

The three bacterial asymptomatic diseases can be passed to a baby (gonorrhea, syphilis and chlamydia); most kids who born with abnormalities or dead is mostly because of an untreated STD. That's the importance of getting tested regularly; they do not present symptoms, but they also have cure. Antibiotics for several weeks, and that's it (depending of how long the bacteria have been in the body, or how much damage it have done). They're curable, but they leave permanent damage; Al Capone died of mental complications due to syphilis, so as Pocahontas on 1622. Women can get infertile due to chlamydia or gonorrhea that's not treated on time.

Hepatitis A, B and C (the C has no cure) are also transmitted by other fluids, like urine and sweat. However, most kids these days are immunized against them.

HIV is mostly transmitted through the blood rather than sexual contact. Hepatitis (mostly B and C) can also be transmitted this way (Pamela Anderson contracted Hepatitis C because she used the same needle as her ex husband, Tommy Lee, for a tattoo; she's on a lifetime treatment to make sure the virus does not keep on harming her).

Warts (HPV) are also all over the body. That's why is so important to get vaccinated against HPV; genital warts could also cause cervical cancer

You can also get more info on STDs/STIs at your local library, planned parenthood clinic (only planned parenthood; other centers, like Crisis Pregnancy Centers, only give wrong information), or your school (only if it have an objective, non bias sex ed program).

Try some of these links for some extra information:

Reproductive Health Reality Check

Planned Parenthood

Ahh, thank you so much! n.n;;
I was kinda freakin' out because I heard that you can catch things off toilet seats and I was like, ohnoes because when I was little I didn't ever like, cover public toilet seats or anything. I guess that's mostly wrong?
I need to get vaccinated for HPV; I'm a little upset that only this year did they start offering the grade nine girls HPV vaccines; I'm thinking what about us older girls?!
But I've been vaccinated against hepatituses :3
Thanks again!

Hahaha. Random, but I just found out my mom's gyno is named Dr. Cox.
How unfortunate~

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:53 am
Perfect Stranger 3-0
Rei Uchikino
Scubas_girl
Rei Uchikino
Scubas_girl
Scubas_girl

okay...

Hmm, I think she might be asking about fertile days. This is how you determine your approximate fertile days. Subtract the total days in your cycle (say, 26) by 14. The total, 12, is the day in which you will ovulate. Two days prior (10 and 11) and two days after (13 and 14) are the fertile days.

If it's been over a week, say 10 days, after the missed period you'd better get tested for pregnancy. Planned parenthood offer them without appointments, or you can buy one at the pharmacy.

well, my periods are still irregular, so i wouldn't really be able to tell you. My last one was the very last week of the month. but on some occostions it comes during the middle. So, should i try figuring out with my normal cycles?

and this happened to me...friday, so i know its to early for a pregnancy test. I just want to know all the facts...just in case... eek
haha...i hope im not >.<  

Lysabear

Gracious Gaian

5,150 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200

Rei Uchikino

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:16 pm
It's embarrassing to talk about, but during foreplay lately and even during sex it's just been hurting really bad down there. But before we started having sex my boyfriend and I would fool around for hours and it would feel amazing. I'm wondering, does the v****a get more sensitive after losing your virginity?  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:56 am
I have a question about oral somewhat.
Last night I gave oral for the first time. And I kept getting a runny nose. Does this happen to alot of girls? What causes it?  

Wonderful Conspiracy

inu828

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:33 pm
so today was like the first time my bf ever got me to c** so now i have a question about it.
when you c** and all do you feel like really weak like you cant stand or walk. your legs feel all blaaaa and you are extra tired?  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:01 pm
Answer to Rei Uchikino.

Quote:
Hmm, I don't know if the vajayjay gets more sensitive after losing it, but I think you are not allowing yourself to get more wet (judging for what you said at the beginning). In order to have painless sex, the vajayjay has to be wet, very wet. If your bf is impatient to go inside you, use a water base lubricant whenever you feel dry; you'll get wet naturally once you get more aroused. And like you said, when you have long periods of foreplay (and you don't feel pain but tons of excitement), it helps a lot.

Vaginal dryness is something very common among women of all ages, not only on post menopause women.

Perfect Stranger 3-0

Perfect Stranger 3-0

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:02 pm
shadow_child001
Last night I gave oral for the first time. And I kept getting a runny nose. Does this happen to alot of girls? What causes it?

Runny nose after oral sex? I've never heard of that!

If you think it might be serious, go to a doctor and get checked.

I think it might not be something serious, but if it gets worse, do what I said.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:04 pm
inu828
so today was like the first time my bf ever got me to c** so now i have a question about it.
when you c** and all do you feel like really weak like you cant stand or walk. your legs feel all blaaaa and you are extra tired?

Yes, you'll feel really wet down there after a man ejaculates inside you.

Legs tired? Too much sex. I get that all the time during the weekend, especially on long weekends.  

Perfect Stranger 3-0

Wonderful Conspiracy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:04 pm
Perfect Stranger 3-0
shadow_child001

Runny nose after oral sex? I've never heard of that!

If you think it might be serious, go to a doctor and get checked.

I think it might not be something serious, but if it gets worse, do what I said.

Actually it kept happening during oral. I don't think it's serious but it's really distracting during the act.  
22. ✿ - - - Health And Exercise

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 37 38 39 40 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games