Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply T3h Movie World
Its time for "Reviews of movies i rented" (my opinions) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Should i keep doing this?
  Yes
  Nah
View Results

Saintsage777

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 7:46 pm
Word is done and i finaly finished Dune i was a bit shocked. i will give my review tomorrow or so.  
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 2:47 pm
"Dune" action/adventure/sci-fi

Alright this is a Mini series so it wont be long.

The story is about one man named Paul...yes a heroic name (it changes) Who goes to visit his father who rules over people. Its an emperor, houses (who paul is a decent of one of them. ) So his dad gets overthrown, killed and paul and his mom must survive the dunes and meet some locals who take them in.

He ends up surviving and finds out that he is this Jesus type character and is of hope for everyone and must take back the house. It tends to get confusing a bit. The affects are good but the backdrops u can telllll they are backdrops and, they dont blend in right.

There is some Nudity, blood, beheading, action scenes. And a disturbing floating shirtless fat guy. Ew....anyway the romance in this is..strange. He loves a woman but has to marry a different woman to keep the bloodline royal and such, his other lover knows this and i guess its for a good cause but its still rather odd.

Sci-Fi fans would love this, i mean who does not want to have glowing bright blue eyes? or riding a giant sand worm? Or live on a Dune planet where if you die your water is taken from ya? Alright alot of people but for the sc-fi folks its there.

The mini-series was nicely done, all and all, it was something that i was a fan of. I was even shocked by the ending, because they somewhat make it seem like Paul would be going out to die. He doesn't but still. Though some effects could have been better and parts of the story i was confused about, it was still good and a do recommend it. 4/5  

Saintsage777

Saintsage777

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 8:25 am
VALKYRIE....>.> review soon!!!  
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 3:35 pm
"Valkyrie" action/thriller/suspense

Tom Cruise plays a Nazi who hates Hitler, because of it he joins other men in a plot to kill Hitler. (this is based off of a true story) So after getting hsi hand shot off and getting a eye shot out lol Tom Cruise with a lazy eye. He plots to kill Hitler.

Now the thing that i do not like is the subplot of his love life where..after a while his wife does not talk to him and throughout the movie he can not get old of her and she seems like a b***h for not contacting him back but i also understand on the fact that she fears for her and her childrens lives.

Anyway its all about him and others trying to kill hitler. Simple as that, this isnt much of a spoiler if u know your history buuut it didnt work. So onward to the pros and cons

Pros: People try to kill hitler, tom cruise loses an eye and insults hitler with no hand, blood, action, good acting.

Cons: ending..i was not a fan of, it also felt too drawn out some dull moments. And they talked too softly it was hard to hear.And the subplot about trying to contact his wife, it felt unneeded.

All and all...meh..simple as that it was average i mean. It was good but maybe overdone at some parts. 3/5.  

Saintsage777

Saintsage777

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 5:39 pm
The Attic Expeditions review soon.  
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 7:05 pm
The Attic Expeditions will be a short review and be warned its ALMOST as strange as Eraserhead  

Saintsage777

OldBlueGenes

Benevolent Lunatic

9,200 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 10:07 pm
Saintsage777
"Tin Man part 2"

So the sorceress wants D.G. and her gang dead or captured. And D.G. wants to find her mom, and discover her past/her real self. Then must defeat the evil sorceress and save Oz. With some Twists.

So is the same type of characters from the original in this remake? Yes evil witch, check, wizard in emerald city, check, munchkins, yes, lolipop guild, no. Queen, yes, the origional D.G. yes..wait...blonder hair??? meh and. A robots? flying monkeys coming out of a womans clevage? Armies? Rebels? weird, plant/dino creatures? (O.o).....thats new. But its good.

It has some dark moments, sad moments, fantasy moments, flashbacks, twists, and alot of them. Jokes relevant to who the characters are and jokes/references to the original movie/book.

So I must say, Film critics/buffs, average folks, geeks, nerds, lovers, fanatics, everyone exept for the stupid little kids (just my opinion) come watch this mini-series. All and all, it's great, 5/5 10/10 it's just...WOW it blew my mind. Go watch it now!

I saw it advertised on Sci fi but missed watching it. sad Thank You for reviewing it! I had high hopes for it and am glad to hear that it is as cool as it looked. I'm going to have to rent/buy it now...  
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 3:03 pm
Bonniebluejeans
Saintsage777
"Tin Man part 2"

So the sorceress wants D.G. and her gang dead or captured. And D.G. wants to find her mom, and discover her past/her real self. Then must defeat the evil sorceress and save Oz. With some Twists.

So is the same type of characters from the original in this remake? Yes evil witch, check, wizard in emerald city, check, munchkins, yes, lolipop guild, no. Queen, yes, the origional D.G. yes..wait...blonder hair??? meh and. A robots? flying monkeys coming out of a womans clevage? Armies? Rebels? weird, plant/dino creatures? (O.o).....thats new. But its good.

It has some dark moments, sad moments, fantasy moments, flashbacks, twists, and alot of them. Jokes relevant to who the characters are and jokes/references to the original movie/book.

So I must say, Film critics/buffs, average folks, geeks, nerds, lovers, fanatics, everyone exept for the stupid little kids (just my opinion) come watch this mini-series. All and all, it's great, 5/5 10/10 it's just...WOW it blew my mind. Go watch it now!

I saw it advertised on Sci fi but missed watching it. sad Thank You for reviewing it! I had high hopes for it and am glad to hear that it is as cool as it looked. I'm going to have to rent/buy it now...

I say go for it its worth the watch  

Saintsage777

Saintsage777

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 3:11 pm
"The Attic Expeditions" Horror?/ Thriller?

Alright right now im watching movies on youtube and its doing good.

This was labeled under "Horror" Why? because..err....i dunno more thriller/mental drama then horror. This Movie is...messed up, the timeline is odd and you can not tell the difference between when its a dream or not. But I am Getting Ahead of Myself.

This movie has interesting acting. With Seth Green in it and an apperance by Alice Cooper!!! though brief. So its About a man who cant remember anything, and hes in a mental home for supposedly killing a woman. So what must happen now? He tries to find the answers while dealing with a Messed up Doctor and his killer past.

BTW the nurse at the front desk a little bit in the movie...she is suck a b***h...i mean damn. So whats good about this movie? Blood, Seth green is crazy and a bit gay towards the end. (youll see why.) Theres nudity if you are up for it but not much. Violence, and well its crazy people, which i enjoy, Asylum movies always seem interesting. Maybe because of the characters.

The Bad things in this movie are the timeline, i mean it gets confusing, plus, the scenes where you can not tell what is a dream and what is not. The ending was another thing, It was messed up and left me asking questions it frustrated me.

All and all its a junkfood movie, rent? meh i guess, but i saw watch it on youtube. Easier that way. 2/5. My next review will be a vampire movie...no not Twilight not yet...  
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 7:15 am
WARNING DO NOT READ THIS OR THE MOVIE REVIEW IF YOU ARE A TWILIGHT FAN AND CANT HANDLE OPINIONS....you have been warned. COMING SOON!!! A VAMPIRE MOVIE THAT UPSHOWS TWILIGHT how? vampires can go in daylight AND THEY DONT SPARKLE!!! But its a dark place where there isnt sunlight much....

This movie looks like its from a comic book...Its called "The Breed" review soon...  

Saintsage777

Saintsage777

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 12:01 pm
"The Breed" Suspence/thriller

This movie feels like it came from a comic book/graphic novel.

What is it about? Well Its about a Detective, whos partner was killed a bit in the opening scene by a vampire. He gets assigned a task and his partner is a vampire. ( I smell a sitcom) The detective is racist agenst vampires..at first but comes around.

His partner was a Jewish mad turned vampire during WW2 and a great scene as he kills some nazis, yay nazi death. And he wants to change from typical vampire ways. Now unlike Twilight these vampires prefer the dark but can also be in the light WITHOUT SPARKLING!!!!

Yes The detective want's to solve this case and find the vampire who killed his partner. But if you look closely when they enter "Serenity" you can see who the killer is. But still continue to watch.

Now the acting in this was quite good, I mean the noble vampire cop was nicely done. The plot was quite good as well, and the ending was also good. It was the usual "hey were partners now and we are needed on a new case, so we drive away and cue credits" kind of ending.

Any bad points, yes if you miss something you miss a bit of dialogue but you regain the plot later on in the film if u miss it, so thats good. It was a bit short about an hour and a half and i would have loved to see more.

Decent story, nice characters and character development. Nice scenery, nazis getting killed by vampires. It was a good movie i do reccomend it, just wish it was longer. all and all a 4/5  
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 2:32 pm
coming soon...the river king  

Saintsage777

Saintsage777

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 3:56 pm
"The River King" Suspense/drama

( a short review)

A young man was found dead under a frozen river. People thought it was suicide. But to one detective he thought it was murder. He then goes to find out what really happened while dealing with a corrupt police force.

The acting is pretty good, the music fits nicely within this. The plot itself is good. Plus how the main character starts to see things from a tragic moment in his childhood was also nicely done.

What i did not like was the ending. It could have been better. I mean yes it ended on a happy not but.... nah screw it SPOILER...it went through all of that just to find out...that the kid actually did commit scuicide... which seems so stupid. And it still left unanswered questions...

All and All it was good...stupid ending aside i did enjoy it. 4/5  
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 7:46 pm
im watching 2 things "Screamers" a documentery about Genocide featuring "System of a down" and im also watching "American Dragon" a 1998 (though looks like it was filmed earlier) film thats basically a crime/action movie.  

Saintsage777

InfamousMisha

Married Wife

2,800 Points
  • Member 100
  • Married 100
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 10:23 pm
Saintsage777
"The Breed" Suspence/thriller

This movie feels like it came from a comic book/graphic novel.

What is it about? Well Its about a Detective, whos partner was killed a bit in the opening scene by a vampire. He gets assigned a task and his partner is a vampire. ( I smell a sitcom) The detective is racist agenst vampires..at first but comes around.

His partner was a Jewish mad turned vampire during WW2 and a great scene as he kills some nazis, yay nazi death. And he wants to change from typical vampire ways. Now unlike Twilight these vampires prefer the dark but can also be in the light WITHOUT SPARKLING!!!!

Yes The detective want's to solve this case and find the vampire who killed his partner. But if you look closely when they enter "Serenity" you can see who the killer is. But still continue to watch.

Now the acting in this was quite good, I mean the noble vampire cop was nicely done. The plot was quite good as well, and the ending was also good. It was the usual "hey were partners now and we are needed on a new case, so we drive away and cue credits" kind of ending.

Any bad points, yes if you miss something you miss a bit of dialogue but you regain the plot later on in the film if u miss it, so thats good. It was a bit short about an hour and a half and i would have loved to see more.

Decent story, nice characters and character development. Nice scenery, nazis getting killed by vampires. It was a good movie i do reccomend it, just wish it was longer. all and all a 4/5

interesting... i feel like watching the movie right now but i need to rent it on netflix. smile  
T3h Movie World

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff