Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shinobi Nations ( Naruto Rp Guild )

Back to Guilds

Gaia's most ambitious guild. Now updating! 

Tags: Naruto, Boruto, Villages, Ninja, Shinobi 

Reply 古[} Recycle Bin
[≈] Totoma's Cafe |Food and Drink| Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Royal Taorito

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:53 am
User Image┎┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄
ѕ н α ∂ σ ω ѕ є є к є rн ú η у ι ѕ т í r
α ɢ є :: 1 0ɢ є η ∂ є r :: ♂ɢ є η ι ηк ι r ι ɢ α к υ r є
ηιηנυтѕυρυρρєтєєrυкуσ cℓαη
┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┚

┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄
c н α к r αρ σ σ ℓ :: 4 9 5 / 4 9 5
ѕ т α м ι η αρ σ σ ℓ :: 0 5 0 / 0 5 0
┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄

« ℓιѕтєη тσ тнє ωσr∂ѕ уσυ ѕєє ═╬═ уσυ αrє вℓιη∂ тσ ωнαт уσυ нєαr... »
┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄

-----мy ears twitched at someone's approach, the right altogether as the waitress return with my food finally. The free movement of my ears seemed to bother her, and she quickly retreated. Was she expecting it to grow teeth and leap off the side of my head? I used them for the same purpose she did: to hear.
-----Only my hearing was far better.
-----I attacked the food the instant the waitress was gone, taking a large chunk of preserved noodles from the questionable broth and shoving it in my mouth.
-----Sadly, I had to admit that it wasn't that bad, and my stomach declared that it was right, I was wrong, and proceeded to laughed at me.
-----I was still convinced it would regret it later.
-----Chewing slowly through the wad of noodles, I considered my answer to Jack. I honestly had no idea. I had no body strength for something like Taijutsu and most weapon techniques. I mean, I could use a bow, quite proficiently, if I do say so myself. But no, my abilities rested in thought. I enjoyed tricking people, which meant that I had to know them, observe them, and attack their weakness. That meant I needed to strike from a distance.
-----Genjutsu, manipulating the mind, was always an option, and who better to teach me than Jack himself? But I had suffered at the hands of others. Why would I want them to suffer at mine? I wasn't cruel, like they took me for. Besides, they weren't worth it.
-----That left two other options: Ninjutsu and its elemental techniques, and the clan I was supposedly from--I was more than likely from. I mean, I couldn't have ever hoped to count everything I'd drawn, and I was good at it, or so I was told. So that was definitely an option, even just to confirm that I was indeed from the Ukyo clan.
-----The former was an option as well. But there were so many categories of Ninjutsu. How was I supposed to decide? I had been tested for an element in the academy, and, lo and behold I couldn't just have one, I had two: earth and fire.
-----Another category that had caught my attention was Fuuinjutsu, sealing techniques, which, from what I had been taught, was probably what had 'cursed' me two years prior. If I could learn it, then maybe I could reverse what had been done to me. But that brought up the question of its worth. Would it be worth being normal again? Only time would tell.
-----Finally, one thing that peaked my interest that I had no experience in was Kugutsu, or, to put it simply, puppetry. It would let me manipulate things without manipulating the minds of others, unless you considered a wooden husk that only mobilized when you commanded to a person. I didn't. Plus, the possibilities for it were endless.
-----That settled things, right?
-----I thought not. In fact, I was no closer to deciding.
-----Frowning in frustration at my bowl of ramen, I took another large wad of noodles and angrily ate it as well, like it had offended me in some way. Sighing, I swallowed, and finally answered Jack. "I think finding out if I'm actually from the Ukyo clan, which seems pretty obvious, is the right place to start."

« ...ρєσρℓє αrє ρєσρℓє; ωє ℓιvє ғσr yσυr σωη ════╬
ℓιvє нσω уσυ тнιηк, ησт вy ωнαт уσυ'vє вєєη тσℓ∂ »

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:22 pm
xxJack Harren Snipe xxxx

User Image
Chakra Pool: 555/600

Jack nodded slowly, his right ear suddenly twitching as two shinobi in dress walked by, muttering something under their breaths. Of course he could hear them: his hearing wasn't as advanced nor unique as Shadowseeker's was, yet it was slightly higher than another's.

"Did you hear about those genin and their mission?"
"Of course I did! Who hasn't? They're after that lizard kid."
"That's kinda harsh, don't you think? He was an experiment gone wrong."
"Exactly."
"Show some respect! He's been held up in those caves for quite some time, remember?"
"Hence he's a lizard."

The two moved on, but Jack had heard enough. Bringing his cane up he stared at Shadow over its rim, his lips hovering just over the blowhole. The question was clear, and easy, to understand this time, more so than others: was he ready?

"I Must Drag Truth Kicking and Screaming into the Light"
"I Will Show You What You Truly Are"
"The Savior... or the Beast..."

Lanfaer

Aged Genius

8,075 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Hygienic 200

Royal Taorito

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:34 pm

┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄
┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄

-----αbout all I could do is blink at Jack in confusion. I had heard the conversation as well as he had, though I hadn't really put much thought or attention to it. Apparently the chuunin had. I wasn't sure I was quite that curious, and we would be involving ourselves, unwelcome, into someone else's mission. Was that even allowed without permission.
-----But the look in Jack's eyes was one I couldn't deny. This was something he wanted to do, though I didn't know why. Besides, it would count as my first mission, right?
-----Which meant money. Of which I had none.
-----But I wasn't done with my food.
-----Frowning down at the half-eaten bowl, I shoved another pile of noodles in my mouth and nodded to Jack. He seemed to have forgotten that restaurants required paying for food, but I wasn't going to remind him. The only problem was that we stood out, so they knew who to blame.
-----I wasn't particularly concerned. Swallowing the mouthful of food, I grabbed my bow and quiver from where I had set them beside the table, showing I was ready to go.

« ...ρєσρℓє αrє ρєσρℓє; ωє ℓιvє ғσr yσυr σωη ════╬

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:49 pm
xxJack Harren Snipe xxxx

User Image
Chakra Pool: 570/600

Jack smiled, recognizing that they had not paid quite clearly in his mind. Jack also knew that the owner did not like him, yet knew Jack always paid back his debts. Always, and with interest. Placing his lips to the base of his cane the music of his flute began playing within the restaurant, the haunting melody that seemed his favorite tune of all hovering in the suddenly silent building. As the song hit its crescendo, Jack and Shadow's bodies would burst into flame.

But there was no pain.

Shadow felt his body becoming lighter than air, his whole essence seeming to tingle with the transformation. It lasted only a few moments, and as it ended, as the ashed reaches his eyes, all went warm, and his vision blurred. It tunneled on and on, until suddenly, he was in a tunnel, heading deeper into the mountains around the village.

[Exit to Misty Falls]

Lanfaer

Aged Genius

8,075 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Hygienic 200

Royal Taorito

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:43 am
r y σ :: 両 00
α c :: 00

┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄
┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄

αrrσωs :: 14
sєηвση :: 15
sнυrιкєη :: 10
кυηαι :: 05

┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄

-----тhe trek to the restaurant, apparently called Totoma's Cafe, now that I actually took the time to look at the sign, was not quite as upbeat as the first time. And the people within greeted us with no more enthusiasm than before as well, though I'm pretty sure it was because we had pulled the whole dine-and-dash thing.
-----Taking a seat silently, I watched Jack flop down in the chair across from me, his eyes closed. We were both exhausted. It had been a long and eventful day, though I could only imagine even longer and more eventful days were on their way. For now, though, we could take a breather. I needed food and sleep before I would be able to do much more.
-----Of course, sleep for me was hard to come by, considering I had always had insomnia. So for all I knew, I wasn't even going to get any sleep.
-----The waitress, the same one from before, approached, not looking particularly pleased.
-----I glanced at the menu to look for the prices of the food we'd gotten last time, and moved around the table so I could reach Jack's pocket. I fished out the ryo within, counted out the amount for this and the previous meal, plus a little extra to make up for leaving without paying, and stuck the rest back in the pocket it had come from.
-----I handed it off to the waitress before she could say a word. Gesturing to the menu, I pointed out the same questionable chicken ramen as last time, and didn't even bother trying to point something out for Jack. They seemed to know what he wanted anyway.
-----Looking very confused, the woman turned away, heading back for the kitchen, counting through the money I had placed in her hand, apparently double checking I had paid her right.
-----Sighing, I looked back at Jack, who hadn't moved since sitting down. I knew he wasn't asleep--his breathing while relaxed wasn't deep enough to be sleeping. So I tried to strike up a conversation. "You would think with this being a village of shinobi, they would be used to people up and leaving during meals. Though I guess not much really happens here."

« ...ρєσρℓє αrє ρєσρℓє; ωє ℓιvє ғσr συr σωη ════╬

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:51 pm
xxJack Harren Snipe xxxx

User Image
Chakra Pool: 665/665
Stamina Pool: 75/75

Jack had remained silent, especially when his apprentice rifled through his pockets like a trained thief used to his craft. In fact, when Shadow actually talked he almost considered not answering, especially since he was as exhausted as he was. Mind you, he could just take off his hat and cool down, but his hat was his hat. It was a good hat, and it was his hat. And his hat stayed on his head. Random musings aside, however, he was truly exhausted, but Shadow was his friend. So he opened his eyes and spoke, for the moment letting his eyes glaze over as if he weren't seeing a thing. "Oddness unaccepted price guaranteed not."

That was when the food arrived, his pasta placed before him. Jack immediately sat straight, for even Jack Harren Snipe, the Mad Carny and the Nightmare of the Mist, would go wild at the sight of food on an empty stomach. Eating the spaghetti, Jack stopped for a moment and eyed Shadow. "Morrow missions?"

Lanfaer

Aged Genius

8,075 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Hygienic 200

Royal Taorito

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:43 pm

┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄
┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄

┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄

-----ι barely even heard Jack, since everything else in the room became obsolete the instant food was placed before me. Lack of sleep meant that I needed something to keep me going, and that thing was food. The only reason I wasn't three times the size I was, given how much I ate, came from the fact I [1] didn't sleep and [2] moved too much. Which made me hungrier.
-----Clapping my hands together, I snapped the chopsticks apart and dug in, shoving a wad of noodles in my mouth without caring about how healthy it was for me. All I cared was that it was food.
-----The second bite I chewed more slowly, however, looking back at Jack in confusion. I answered him with a mouth still half full of food, muffling my already quiet voice. "Missions? Already?" I swallowed so that I could finish. "Shouldn't I be training or something?"
-----Grabbing another mouthful, I continued, not caring who overheard the quiet conversation. "You know, the next meal should be a real one, real food. Because this is awful." I poked at the questionable substance that passed for chicken to emphasize my point. "It shouldn't be too hard to catch a rabbit or something."
-----Of course, doing any of the above was questionable depending on whether or not I actually got any sleep. And that entirely depended on whether or not my mind was going to silence itself for the night. The answer was usually no.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:49 am
xxJack Harren Snipe xxxx

User Image

Jack continued shoveling spaghetti into his mouth, not really seeming to pay attention to the answers he had received. At least until he actually spoke about it, seemingly out of nowhere. "Chunin make for missions to take, power unknown awaken." For him to be a Chunin, Shadow had to take missions. Lots of missions, actually, and with that would come money, methods of increasing jutsu counts or making weapons of great power. Jack already had his eye set on a powerful item, but that had not been made by the petty hands of a blacksmith. No, nor was it where anyone else could find it. His eyes found Shadow's as he considered the boy's final words, considered perhaps what the best course of answer would be. When he finally came on it, his eyes lit up with mischief. "Smell as taste to palate everyone?"

Simply put, Jack was offering to make the entire restaurant smell the scent of bad food, a fitting end to the food that tasted horrible as it was. Not to Jack, but that was because he couldn't taste much anyway, but to most other people.

Lanfaer

Aged Genius

8,075 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Hygienic 200

Royal Taorito

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:06 pm

┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄
┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄

┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄

-----ι frowned at Jack, scowling. "I know I need to do missions to become a chuunin, but I didn't think we were going to jump straight into it." Shrugging though, I resumed eating my food. He seemed to be in a hurry to get me to chuunin rank, which meant my time of boring, laid back days full of doing nothing were over.
-----Oh well.
-----I ate another bite of ramen and chewed slowly, considering Jack's words. I didn't really have an interest in becoming powerful, so awakening unknown power didn't appeal to me. I still didn't know what appealed to me, not that I'd been given much time to think on it.
-----It didn't matter at the moment though. There was sleep to be had. At least, I hoped so anyway. That wasn't my decision and it never had been. Finishing off the noodles in the bowl, I picked the bowl up with both hands and drank the remaining liquid. Setting it back down, I leaned back in the seat. "No, it's not worth it to ruin everyone else's meals. I know this is a popular place to eat, so I don't want to drive them into the dirt." Like I wanted to do to my mind sometimes. Sighing, I gestured to his plate. "Are you ready to go?"

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:47 pm
xxJack Harren Snipe xxxx

User Image

Jack seemed pleased with Shadow's answer, and in fact he was, for the boy had turned down lashing out at those who looked down on him. Standing up and revealing he had long finished his pasta he held out his hand and said a single word, using that single word as a means to express his longing for his return, the ache he had for the year he had lost, and the agony he still felt over his guilt of leaving. "Home."

With that Jack nodded away, out towards their home, the home Jack still hoped stood. With no one home for a year it likely meant there would be quite a large amount of dust and insects crawling about, which meant quite a lot of cleaning lay ahead. But for the moment he was content to let his one, truest friend in the world guide him home.

Lanfaer

Aged Genius

8,075 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Hygienic 200

Royal Taorito

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:42 pm

┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄
┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄

┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄

-----Stacking my empty bowl on top of Jack's and moving both to the edge of the table in a single sweep, I pushed myself up to my feet again to follow Jack. I grabbed my pack, bow, and quiver from where they lay beside and slightly underneath the table, and turned to face the strange young man I'd become such good friends with.
-----It was strange, his affection for me. I do not know why he felt so drawn to me; perhaps the fact that we were both outcasts in a paranoid world. He was eight years older and far more experienced. I didn't know his past, but neither did he, and I didn't question his lack of knowledge because I knew it brought him pain.
-----Maybe, because of all of this he viewed me as a brother, as family. That was what I needed now. I realized now, my chest growing tight, the myriad of emotions I had felt taking shape.
-----I didn't let it show, instead smiling back at him. I wasn't sure why I didn't go back to the island outside of the town, where the creepy old manor Jack called a home stood, during the past home. Maybe it was because I didn't want to face the pain of the absence of family.
-----Taking his hand, as I knew he wanted me to, I led the way out of the small restaurant of processed foods to head home.

[Exits]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:01 pm
xxxxZayr the Iron Monk xxxx

User Image
It wasn't any doubt that Suoh wasn't terribly far behind, but then again... Who knew nowadays? It had been quite some time since he'd thought about stepping into Totoma's, but now it was most ideal. A casual place for him to speak with Suoh, all the while enjoying a fine meal. Zay stood outside the entrance at this point, giving his new friend a chance to arrive.

"A man's soul wrought in iron!"

"Dance upon the edge of the Blade!"

Mana_ecl Zetsuya

Bashful Seeker

9,550 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Consumer 0

Sin Indulged by Desire

Distinct Hunter

6,450 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:13 pm
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx B u k i j u t s uxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx T a m e rxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx G e n i nxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀

Ozoke ( Ohn ) Nara

The Nightshade Beauty

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx F u u t o nxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx N a r axxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx S u i t o nxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx "It’s the beautiful things in life, that are the most dangerous."
User Image
Ohn and Haiku walked to the cafe. Ohn, still half dazed, Ran into some one and hit the ground. "Ow~" She moaned as she rolled to where she wasn't laying on her sheath. Haiku nudged her face under Ohn's arm to make sure her owner was alright. Ohn opened her eyes to the man she ran into. Her eyes got really big in surprise to whom she had ran into in a daze. "Zayr." She spoke under her breath. He was, like her, a shinobi that lived by the sword. Ohn stared at her engulfed at the fact that she was finally looking at him. Years of stories at the Academy about him and the storied she heard while she was away. And yet, here she was on the ground staring at a man she thought was something of shinobi myths. Haiku leered at Zayr as her own was, in terms, star struck.

| Chakra Count: 225 || 225 |
| Stamina Count: 250 || 250 |
| AC: 0 |
| Ryo: 0 |
| Theme: Final Front |

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:54 pm
[Bah. Too lazy to format. xD]

The monk was simply looking off into the distance, when it was that he became a wall... Or a door. Something along those lines. Either way, he didn't budge that split second and sent some girl sprawling to the ground, as it would appear. Looking down to the moaning young woman, dark hair and violet eyes, he blinked once, to escape his stupor and listened to the first word she mentioned (clearly aside from 'ow'). His name? Was he becoming more well known about the area? Or had it already been in the village? "Hey there, why don't you come join me up here?" he chuckled, paying little mind to the animal that seemed to leer at him, "Of course, I'll need a name from you, since you already know mine." He offered his hand to the poor girl upon the ground, to assist her back to her feet.

Mana_ecl Zetsuya

Bashful Seeker

9,550 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Consumer 0

Sin Indulged by Desire

Distinct Hunter

6,450 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:29 pm
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx B u k i j u t s uxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx T a m e rxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx G e n i nxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ozoke ( Ohn ) Nara

The Nightshade Beauty

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx F u u t o nxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx N a r axxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx S u i t o nxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx "It’s the beautiful things in life, that are the most dangerous."
User Image
Ohn stared at Zayr as he spoke to her. She shook her head to regain thought. Haiku growled at the hand offered to the leopard's owner. "Hush, Haiku." Ohn warned the cat before giving a soft tug on the cat's ear. Ohn looked back to Zayr and gave a small smile before laying her hand against his forearm and hoisting herself up. "I'm Ozoke Nara and my rude companion here, is called Haiku." The Snow leopard stood behind Ohn and stared up at the man. Ohn released Zayr's arm and rested her hand upon the top on her hilt. "My apologies for running into you." She said with a nervous laugh slightly.

| Chakra Count: 225 || 225 |
| Stamina Count: 250 || 250 |
| AC: 0 |
| Ryo: 0 |
| Theme: Final Front |

古[} Recycle Bin

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items