Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply The ART Dept
General "Art Update" Thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 22 23 24 25 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Boxers or briefs?
  Boxerbriefs
  Get off my lawn!! *shakes cane*
  None of your damn business.
  Bikinis
  I like toast.
  What does this have to do with art?
  Boxers
  Boyshorts
  Briefs
  *throws rocks at ThisEmptySoul*
View Results

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:17 pm
rofl rofl rofl Those are some messed up boobs rofl  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:25 pm
rofl rofl I think my favorites are pears and coat hooks!  

Liada Trovaras

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:43 pm
Kits Rose
So... caught up with requests, got bored, and drew Mitri. I decided to try inking it digitally instead of by hand like usual... It was kind of a pain, but I do like the way it turned out.
I meant to comment on this before but didn't for some reason sweatdrop

I noticed the line work has a lot of pointed corners and flat edges rather than curves, which can be the result of doing too small of segments at a time, or adding too many anchor points. It took me a while to learn this myself, but the less anchor points you use, the better. For instance, if I were inking the {viewer} left side of his face, I would use one segment with a single anchor point between the beginning and end of the segment,
like so

This way, you get a much smoother line.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:54 pm
ThisEmptySoul
Kits Rose
So... caught up with requests, got bored, and drew Mitri. I decided to try inking it digitally instead of by hand like usual... It was kind of a pain, but I do like the way it turned out.
I meant to comment on this before but didn't for some reason sweatdrop

I noticed the line work has a lot of pointed corners and flat edges rather than curves, which can be the result of doing too small of segments at a time, or adding too many anchor points. It took me a while to learn this myself, but the less anchor points you use, the better. For instance, if I were inking the {viewer} left side of his face, I would use one segment with a single anchor point between the beginning and end of the segment,
like so

This way, you get a much smoother line.

This is a lot better than the first time I tried it. cat_sweatdrop But yeah, I was having trouble figuring out how to get the line to curve. That picture actually does help. I think I can see better how it works.  

Kits Rose

Feline Shapeshifter

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:06 pm
I'm pretty sure I had the same problem when I first started inking. I would never mess with the little antennae things and just make a bunch of lines that somewhat follow my sketch. Not sure what made me decide to start futzing with them, and it can take a bit to become more familiar with how they work, but the results are nice.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:22 pm
Yes, it does look nice. I tried it out on part of the sketch, and it looks a lot better. cat_3nodding Thanks for your help! Makes me want to give you a freebie. XD  

Kits Rose

Feline Shapeshifter

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:39 pm
No problem.
*is reminded he needs to get back to work on inking Faerie's piece* crying

I have made some
progress since last time at least sweatdrop though not much crying  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:40 pm
Looking good  

Lil Brat
Captain

Enduring Codger

11,525 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100

Faerie KatrinaZ
Crew

Sparkly Fairy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:22 pm
ThisEmptySoul
No problem.
*is reminded he needs to get back to work on inking Faerie's piece* crying

I have made some
progress since last time at least sweatdrop though not much crying

Was beginning to think you forgot gonk about this challenging piece of artwork, as you keep getting distracted. I'd like to think that I've been showing considerable patience, but it's been difficult to remain positive, especially when I see various other sketches being posted in this subforum. I realize that you are having issues with staying focused on inking Faerie's sketch, but concentration is key here, don't you think? Glad to know that you are trying, at least. neutral  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:21 pm
Faerie KatrinaZ
I realize that you are having issues with staying focused on inking Faerie's sketch, but concentration is key here, don't you think?
Trust me, I don't forget when I owe people stuff, even when it's freebies *still owes dame a freebie sketch, Kits two freebie sketches, Icy an inked and colored piece, freebie sketch, plus an ink and coloring job, Brat an inked and colored piece, Melon Whale/PulchraVita a hand inked and colored piece, and Lady Akiba a flat color sketch*

So yeah... I haven't forgotten and yes, concentration is the key and I've been lacking in that department. I'm definitely the one at fault here and I hereby give you free rein to rage about it, as you have every right to at this point.

But regarding your concern about the sketches, that's my way of trying to keep from not doing any art whatsoever just because I can't stay focused on yours. If I tell myself I can't work on anything until I finish a certain piece, I will fall back into not doing any art at all, which could last years {as it has in the past}.

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:23 am
Alrighty then.... took me this entire playlist plus the first four songs again, no bathroom breaks, and skipping dinner, but I got the inking done.

Enjoy  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:43 pm
ThisEmptySoul
Alrighty then.... took me this entire playlist plus the first four songs again, no bathroom breaks, and skipping dinner, but I got the inking done.

Enjoy

emotion_awesome *glomps* emotion_hug Thank you! heart I knew you could do it once you set your mind to it. Your sketches are so awesome, and when you take the extra time to ink them, then add colors and enhancements to them, they are even more impressive. 3nodding

I am glad that you offered to do a new sketch concept for me and accepted to do this challenging piece. And I do understand the concept of loosing concentration and going on to something else for awhile. But sometimes it just takes that extra little push to get back to what you've started. Though I'd be crushed if you lost your artistic interests because of this piece, so let's just not go there. gonk

Just know that all your efforts have not gone unnoticed, and I greatly appreciate all the time you have put into completing the inking stage. It appears that the worst of this is over with, so the rest should be a breeze for you. And now I am even more anxious to see the finished product! 4laugh

*Checks out your PL.* Wow! That's one long list there! eek  

Faerie KatrinaZ
Crew

Sparkly Fairy

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:34 pm
Yep... 60 songs. I estimate it's around maybe 4 hours worth? I didn't time it. So yeah... about 4 hours straight to finish inking that emotion_zombie *wasn't working on or doing anything else in that time period* and I had to pee during the final two hours.. emotion_facepalm

I probably won't be working on it much over the next few days because the spouse has off, which means I'm their whipping boy a good little husband that does what the spouse asks me to. I've gotten a couple of layers down for the flat colors so far, but I can't say for certain how far I'll get before Friday.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:21 am
emotion_kirakira So pretty~! I can't draw people/characters or animals to save my life.... emotion_sweatdrop  

Sakura_Moonlight2421

Sparkly Genius

7,000 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:22 am
I can't draw backgrounds or props to save my life rofl  
The ART Dept

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 22 23 24 25 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games