Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Third Year Classes
Alchemy I ~ (1/5) Open! (Introduction) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:56 am
Professor of Alchemy
..........Ravenclaw Head of House
"The cycle of life only goes one direction,
not even alchemy can change that."

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
╔══════════════╗
Alchemy I
Lesson Four: Baleful Brew
Tuesday, Block One, 8:00 am to 8:45 am

╚══════════════╝

The end of the class was near; he glanced up at the clock before he cleared his throat and rose from his desk. ”Alright students, time's up. If you haven't already done so, please bottle a portion of your potions, label them, and bright them up to me at my desk. If you have any questions, I'll be more than happy to answer them for you while I evaluate each potion.”

[OOC: If you were quoted, you are missing the dice roll at the top of your post to be able to qualify for the potion, please do so before Thursday for a chance to compete. Late students may still post as well for a chance to win.]

Juan Angel Amorocho
User Image User Image User Image

Yukina101

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:18 am
(PREVIOUS) ROLL: 5 on a 20 sided dice

User Image

David Sinclair League
[Ravenclaw]

User Image

Wand: Supple and Smooth//11 3/4 inches//Hawthorne//Fairy Hair
Current Age: 13
Blood: The son of a squib and witch from pureblood families
Year at Hogwarts: Third Year
Wearing: Ravenclaw Robes

Hmm... I'm confident it is good, but is it the best?

David glanced up momentarily when the professor had said it was near time and added 1/5 cup of molten anitomy and a dash of unicorn horn. The potion let out a few sparkling sparks as it took on a bright glow. He frowned as he bottled the potion knowing the potion had been at least correct-or it was by all accounts from the book, but today it was about who had performed the best. He was confident it was right and he followed all the directions correctly as he handed the labeled bottle to Professor Amorocho, but that didn't guarantee he had the best potion. Good or correct never guaranteed you to be the best, as annoying of a fact as it was for David.

User Image
Pet: Annabella

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
Yukina101 rolled 1 20-sided dice: 15 Total: 15 (1-20)

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 3:57 pm
So lying underneath those stormy skies.
She said oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh.
I know the sun must set to rise.

ⒽⓐⓛⓕⓑⓛⓞⓞⓓXXXXXUser Image⒮⒤⒩⒢⒧⒠User Image

¸.•´´¯`•• .¸¸.•´¯``•.
    Tanya was still unsure of her potion, it had sparkled slightly and it did have a sort of luminescence but she didn't know if it was right or not. Still, she bottled it and placed it on the professors desk and hoped for the best.
    `•.¸¸.•´´¯`•• .¸¸.•´`•

WearingWhere: AlchemyWith: ClassThinking: I almost wish I was a RavenclawOOC

This could be para- para- paradise
Para- para- paradise
This could be para- para- paradise
Whoa-oh-oh oh-oooh oh-oh-oh.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:27 pm
Professor of Alchemy

╔══════════════╗
Lesson One: The Philosophers Stone
╚══════════════╝

Angel stood and adjusted his crisp tailored suit and grasped his wand hidden in his inner breast pocket, a few silent swipes of his wand, and his name began to write itself out on the board and when the clock struck three, his wand had been brandished again to swish the door ajar to allow the students to file in. ”Ah, hola y bienvenidos,” Angel began in Spanish, with the same greeting as every year before. He continued in English once the majority of the students had arrived. ”Welcome to Alchemy, I am Professor Angel Amorocho, I understand it may be a bit difficult to pronounce, as it is, you may call me Professor Angel, or just professor is fine as well.

"Alchemy is an ancient science that profusely studies the four basic elements: earth, fire, air, and water, but it's not literally translated to what you know water and fire is. It's.. symbolism, really, a physical adaptation of their respective archetypes. The four pillars of the world. In those days, it was believed that everything, everything above and below the earth was created of these four elements.

"Alchemy is as much a spiritual journey as any religion, however, in this class, we will be exclusively reviewing the practical means of alchemy. Now, that said, we will be learning charms, transfigurations, and potions in this class. Why? Because alchemy is a diverse branch of magic, there is no real definition for what constitutes as an alchemical spell or potion. It's... It's almost like a music genre. It's time of discovery and original creators are the reasons why certain spells are referred to as alchemical--it's just because of the time period it happened to be establish in.

“Moving on to the day's lesson, we are going to begin the year by briefly learning about the Philosopher’s Stone and its properties. One at time, tell me your name and house, and at least one fact or theory you know about the stone.”

Juan Angel Amorocho

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

stitchkin babe

Timid Genius

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:07 pm
x
x
x
x

User Image

x
                                    ████████████████xx ℓεxιηε vαηcε xx███████xxxxthe worst failure is the failure to try.

Third Year | | Thirteen | | Ravenclaw | | Single | | Half-Blood | | Reserve Seeker

Lexine walked into Alchemy rather excited. She smiled at Professor Amorocho when she met him at the door. She was surprised that the first class was beginning with a lesson. They were going to be learning about the Philosopher's stone. The students were to give one fact or theory about the stone itself. Lexine though a bit before saying "I'm Lexine Vance, Ravenclaw. The Philosopher's Stone is thought to have the powers to let people achieve immortality..."

uniform x ooc :: - - -

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:55 am
User Image

User ImageUser Image Location: Alchemy: Tuesday (8:00am to 8:45am)

Jasper started to realize by the second day of classes that if he was going to get through the class he needed to deal with other people besides Alice. Thus when he continuously saw Lexine in his electives he sat next to her. "Morning." he said quietly before class started. Surprisingly Jasper already knew the professor.

This class was one of the interesting ones Jasper was looking forward to. So when he came to class he was overly happy to be in it. Being with Lexine at least made that experience better. The first topic was the Philosopher's Stone which he remembered reading. So, it was easy for Jasper to bring himself to talk based on what he knew. "I'm Jasper Lancaster, Huffflepuff..." he said before pausing to add what he knew. "It's known for making the elixir of life from what I've read."

With: Classmates... Lexine

Wearing: Hufflepuff Uniform

OOC: ---

You have the intellect of a Ravenclaw,
And the protective spirit of a Gryffindor.
However, if you are sure about being with Alice, then...
Hufflepuff!

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:35 am
User Image
~~~~~~~~~~~~~Third Year

~~~~~~~~~~~Seer

"The best way to keep something bad from happening is to see it ahead of time..."

The boy walked into the class, almost elated to see Lexine and Jasper sitting next to each other. He walked over to them and sat behind them, but didn't really say anything, but the solemn 'hey'. He was glad to see that the professor was starting with a lesson. Iñigo absolutely hated introductions though. He did however have an answer so he guessed he should probably say something. "I'm Iñigo and I'm in Ravenclaw. The Philosopher's Stone was created by the legendary alchemist Nicholas Flamel who then used the stone to live around six hundred fifty years. He then destroyed it after Voldemort had nearly been successful in restoring his physical form," the boy said promptly, not knowing if he took two facts there, but he figured that the two were very connected with each other.

He was glad to hear that a fellow Spaniard was his professor. It was nice to have so many of them actually. He had two, the other being professor Lupe and his Transfiguration teacher had spoken French which he could understand to some degree because of its roots. But either way, the fact that his professor was Spaniard actually made him pay attention a lot more. He had no idea why, but it did.

He then put down his notebook as he finished the notes from before. He hoped that he had indeed gotten everything down from the whole introductory 'Welcome to Alchemy' speech.

"and you can't see it if you refuse to face the possibility."

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:53 am
Ever since I was eight or nine
I've been standing on the shoreline
Always waiting
For something lasting
Lose your hunger, you lose your way
Get confused and you fade away
This town kills you when you are young
I'm not the boy I used to be

User Image
Eleazar Draven Bradley
- Unknown Blood - Ravenclaw - Third Year -
[feeling: eager] [thinking: ...] [with: Third Years] [at: Alchemy]

Eleazar had actually been looking forward to this class. It was taught by his Head of House, after all. He sat in the front, slightly away from his classmates, only two of whom he was even a little bit acquainted, and they were Iñigo and Lexine, who were in his house. The other was the Hufflepuff, Jasper Lancaster. "Eleazar Bradley, Ravenclaw... Doesn't the Stone have the ability to create gold? A lifetime of riches or something like that?"

People don't get better. They just get smarter.

This town has got the youth of me
All eyes turn hollow
From the work of sorrow
Standing on the paving
By the office building
They've got so much to do
Never time for you
We are shadows

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:01 pm
Professor of Alchemy

╔══════════════╗
Lesson Two: Corrumpo Spell
╚══════════════╝

Manually guiding the chalk to his uniquely sprawling script, Angel copied down the spell for the day and the page it appeared in their alchemical textbooks. Wiping his hands of any fine white residue, he turned his attention to the head of the class, waving a hand through the air with simple ease which had caused the classroom door to swing open, and then, the curtains upon every high arched window pulled to the side to let the light spill through and douse its rays upon the foliage nestled along the back walls of the circular room. ”Good afternoon, class, today we will be spell casting.

“This spell is a fairly simple charm, and, has been practiced now for hundreds of years and have changed in their uses over those years. For instance, before metalwork had ever been invented there were nomadic alchemists that often dealt with the melting of iron ore or, for the process of separating ore from other minerals, gems, or fossils, and then revitalize it with a spell you’ll learn in next class to use the pure iron ore in experimentation… Though, recently, it's uses are much more versatile.

“The Corrumpo spell can cast any metal to tarnish to rust, thus, creating an ease of access to burst though iron bars, mar an opponent’s shield, barricades, or weaponry, or, simply, destroy your friends bicycle, which, I don’t at all condone.”

“The wandwork is a bit difficult, so watch and repeat, with a swift wrist guide your wand in an even zigzag, absolutely make sure it is as even as possible going left, and then right, and left once again, failure to do so could cause the spell to to tarnish too much. Then thrust the point of the wand at the target and recite the incantation. Understand? The incantation is fairly simple, if you’ll repeat after me: cor-um-PEE-oh.

“Excellent, now, give it a go on the metal chain link I’ve summoned to your desks, if you need any help, please, don’t hesitate to ask.”

The Board

Page Nine in Absolutely, Alchemy
        Name of the spell: Corrumpo
        Pronunciation of the spell: Corr-um-PEE-oh
        Meaning behind the name: Corrumpo meaning: to break up, destroy, annhiliate / spoil, weaken
        Effects of the spell: This spell causes any iron or iron based object to rust upon will.
        Wand movements required to perform properly: With a swift wrist, form a zigzag line with the tip of the wand and then thrust it towards the object.
        Distance requirement: Item must be within sight
        Lasting effects: The effects last upon the object until the spell is reversed

[OOC: ]

Juan Angel Amorocho

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:11 am
x
x
x
x

User Image

x
                                    ████████████████xx ℓεxιηε vαηcε xx███████xxxxthe worst failure is the failure to try.

Third Year | | Thirteen | | Ravenclaw | | Single | | Half-Blood | | Reserve Seeker

Walking into the Alchemy room, Lexine noted the spell on the board -- they'd be learning a spell today. When class started, Lexine paid close attention. The spell they were learning was Corrumpo -- it would rust metals... She took her wand from her boot and held it promptly, looking down on the chain link. She practised the movements a bit, making sure to get it right before she started the actual spell. Making the correct movements, Lexine called out "Corrumpo!" She watched as the link started to rust over. She smiled, gently, it wasn't all the time she got a spell to work the first time around.

uniform x ooc :: - - -

stitchkin babe

Timid Genius

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:03 pm
User Image
~~~~~~~~~~~~~Third Year

~~~~~~~~~~~Seer

"The best way to keep something bad from happening is to see it ahead of time..."

He walked into the class and instantly located Lexine, who always seemed to be the first in the class. He took a seat next to her, but didn't bother her, because she seemed to be in deep focus paying attention. He knew that she wasn't the one to bother when she was focused. So, what did he do instead of bother her, paid attention of course, listening to professor Amorocho closely, mentally taking down the words of the man, for he forgot his notebook paper that he favored the dormitory. He had a decent enough memory to remember it after all. Of course, his memory wasn't good enough to remember the paper though...

He watched as Lexine attempted it and saw that she had gotten it the first time. He smiled at her, despite her not even looking at him. She had seemed to be doing exceedingly well in class as of late. He had no idea how she was doing in her other classes, but she was doing well in the one's they were in together. He did decide that he should make an attempt at the spell. He wanted to get it on the first try and maybe prove to Lexine that he was good too, but he didn't know how that would work out. "Corrumpo," he said, performing the necessary wand movements and watching the results. It only dulled a bit, which is not what he wanted. He put his hand on his forehead, feeling a bit down that he didn't get it. He decided to make another attempt. "Corrumpo" he said again, and it only dulled...again. This was getting embarassing.

"Corrumpo," he said, now resulting to his native tongue by rolling his r's. He couldn't get it any other way. And with that, the metal rusted...big time. It was already dulled; so it had a little bit of a head start, but it was definitely a decent example of how good results can be. He still thought Lexine's was a lot better, but she probably knew it was, speaking that she got it her first try.

"and you can't see it if you refuse to face the possibility."

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:18 pm
User Image

User ImageUser Image Location: Alchemy: Tuesday (8:00am to 8:45am)

Jasper walked in and took a seat with his Ravenclaw friends. Today they’d be working on a spell that should go over well, everyone loved doing wand work. Taking detailed notes he moved his wand in the even zigzag wondering if he could do that while saying the incantation or not. Usually too much meant he’d mess it up.

“Cor-um-PEE-oh.” Jasper said after Professor Angel. Holding his wand to the chain in front of him he slowly moved his wand in the zigzag pattern and said while pointing. “Corrumpo.” The spell hardly did a think like Jasper hadn’t even bothered trying. “Corrumpo.” He tried again fighting to have better volume and control in his voice. The chain started to rust would had to be a sign he knew what he was doing, right? So both he and Inigo could use some work on that one.

With: Classmates... Lexine

Wearing: Hufflepuff Uniform

OOC: ---

You have the intellect of a Ravenclaw,
And the protective spirit of a Gryffindor.
However, if you are sure about being with Alice, then...
Hufflepuff!

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:41 pm
Ever since I was eight or nine
I've been standing on the shoreline
Always waiting
For something lasting
Lose your hunger, you lose your way
Get confused and you fade away
This town kills you when you are young
I'm not the boy I used to be

User Image
Eleazar Draven Bradley
- Unknown Blood - Ravenclaw - Third Year -
[feeling: eager] [thinking: ...] [with: Third Years] [at: Alchemy]

Eleazar laughed a little at the 'destroy your friends bicycle' and then immediately shut up, realizing he'd been the only one to chuckle. To his surprise, he managed yo get the zig zag movement right the first time he tried it and thrusted his wand at the chain link. "Corr-um-PEE-oh," he said sharply, and rust began to creep over the chain, almost like some sort of rot. He watched in fascination as it took over the entirety of the metal links.

People don't get better. They just get smarter.

This town has got the youth of me
All eyes turn hollow
From the work of sorrow
Standing on the paving
By the office building
They've got so much to do
Never time for you
We are shadows

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:25 pm
Professor of Alchemy

╔══════════════╗
Alchemy I
Lesson One: Philosopher's Stone
Tuesday, Block One, 8:00am to 8:45am

╚══════════════╝

Angel stood, adjusted his crisp tailored suit then grasped his wand hidden in his inner breast pocket, a few silent swipes of his wand and his name began to write itself out on the board. When the clock had finally struck eight, his wand had been brandished once again to swish the door ajar to allow the students to file in. ”Ah, hola y bienvenidos,” Angel began in Spanish, with the same greeting as every year before. He continued in English once the majority of the students had arrived. ”Welcome to Alchemy, I am Professor Amorocho, I understand it may be a bit difficult to pronounce, as it is, professor is just fine.

"Alchemy is an ancient science that profusely studies the four basic elements: earth, fire, air, and water, but it's not literally translated to what you know water and fire is. It's.. symbolism, really, a physical adaptation of their respective archetypes. The four pillars of the world. In those days, it was believed that everything, everything above and below the earth was created of these four elements.

"Alchemy is as much a spiritual journey as any religion, however, in this class, we will be exclusively reviewing the practical means of alchemy. Now, that said, we will be learning charms, transfigurations, and potions in this class. Why? Because alchemy is a diverse branch of magic, there is no real definition for what constitutes as an alchemical spell or potion. It's... It's almost like a music genre. It's time of discovery and original creators are the reasons why certain spells are referred to as alchemical--it's just because of the time period it happened to be establish in.

“Moving on to the day's lesson, we are going to begin the year by briefly learning about the Philosopher’s Stone and its properties. One at time, tell me your name and house, and at least one fact or theory you know about the stone, or would like to know.”

Juan Angel Amorocho

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:59 pm
Professor of Alchemy

╔══════════════╗
Alchemy I
Lesson One: Philosopher's Stone
Tuesday, Block One, 8:00am to 8:45am

╚══════════════╝

Angel stood, adjusted his crisp tailored suit then grasped his wand hidden in his inner breast pocket, a few silent swipes of his wand and his name began to write itself out on the board. When the clock had finally struck eight, his wand had been brandished once again to swish the door ajar to allow the students to file in. ”Ah, hola y bienvenidos,” Angel began in Spanish, with the same greeting as every year before. He continued in English once the majority of the students had arrived. ”Welcome to Alchemy, I am Professor Amorocho, I understand it may be a bit difficult to pronounce, as it is, professor is just fine.

"Alchemy is as much a spiritual journey as any religion, however, in this class, we will be exclusively reviewing the practical means of alchemy. Now, that said, we will be learning charms, transfigurations, and potions in this class. Why? Because alchemy is a diverse branch of magic, there is no real definition for what constitutes as an alchemical spell or potion. It's... It's almost like a music genre. It's time of discovery and original creators are the reasons why certain spells are referred to as alchemical--it's just because of the time period it happened to be established in.

“Moving on to the day's lesson, we are going to begin the year by briefly learning about the Philosopher’s Stone and its properties. One at time, tell me your name and house, and at least one fact or theory you know about the stone, or would like to know.”

Juan Angel Amorocho

Third Year Classes

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas