Welcome to Gaia! ::

Chaotic Multiverse Theory

Back to Guilds

An archive of (presently on-going) crazy role-playing with a severe disregard for the laws of physics and the 4th wall. 

Tags: Digimon, Kingdom Hearts, Pokemon, Shaman King, Fullmetal Alchemist 

Reply Trans-Dimensional Library (RP Archive)
[Concluded] Digi Xros - Mix, Match, & Multiply Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 40 41 42 43 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Crystal Mizuka

Captain

Omnipresent Traveler

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:37 pm
Zenjirou would have liked to know the cause of call the shrieking on the other side of the dividing wall, but choosing to avoid inciting the girls with righteous anger by trying to spy on them, he simply leaned back in the onsen and decided to take this time to relax. Of course, that didn't stop his ears from twitching at the various sounds that were accompanying the water fight going on between Crystal and Akari on the other side of the dividing wall.

"Shiro isn't the only crazy one," noted Black Fladramon who had also ventured to the boy's side of the onsen for a relaxing soak. He was, of course, referring to Crystal with that statement. "Although, in this case, I think she must be struggling to avert a vision of the future she saw in a dream she's afraid might have been precognitive."

"So you think she might have seen something that could happen and she's trying to keep it from happening?" Taiki was only vaguely familiar with the girl's alleged powers of intuition so he would never have thought of it.

Black Fladramon nodded gently. "It wouldn't be the first time something like this has happened. However, it's unfortunately very difficult to change the future and, typically, one will come to meet their fate on the path they take to avoid it."

"Has she said anything to you about it?" asked Shoutmon. After all, Black Fladramon was about as close to Crystal as Zapmon and Slashmon so she might have confided in him.

"No," Black Fladramon confessed. "However, there is something. If she had foreseen any danger of her youkai powers going out of control in the presence of Shiro, then she wouldn't be this worried because she knows he can overpower her if he has to."

"So then," Taiki concluded. "The reason she wants Xros Heart to stay with Shiro is because she doesn't want for us to be on the battlefield with her in case something happens."

Black Fladramon nodded. "You see, even though your digimon ought to be able to subdue her should she lose control, you yourself are an ordinary human being with no supernatural powers without the use of your Xros Loader. So, unless by some miracle you might be able to get through to her if she has lost her senses, she would pose a genuine threat to you in that berserk state. That is what she is afraid of."

Zenjirou sat up suddenly. "Are you serious? Is she really that dangerous?"

"Ordinarily no," Black Fladramon answered truthfully. "While her spiritual strength is impressive and she has improved upon her physical strength by training in the martial arts, she is still no stronger than a regular human being. However, once the mind becomes compromised, her youkai blood will easily exceed the limitations imposed by her muscles. And she is likely almost certain that it will come to this tomorrow."

"But why wouldn't she say anything about it?" Taiki demanded.

"Probably because she knows you can't turn your back on anyone and it's exactly that attitude of yours that would put you the most at risk if anything does happen," Black Fladramon stated simply. "She doesn't want for you to be near her if she loses control because it would cause her nothing but regret if you got hurt by her hand. And believe me, she wouldn't be able to prevent such a thing from happening in that state. Once a hanyou like her loses control like that, the only thing their claws will seek is blood. It won't matter whose is spilled in the process."

Thankfully, the ongoing mayhem on the other side of the dividing wall was preventing Crystal from overhearing the conversation going on on the boy's side of the onsen. She might not have approved of the grave conversation taking place on her behalf, but Black Fladramon felt it was necessary to get the message across. Everyone had a right to know what they might be up against.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:55 pm
Shiro of course quietly listened while sighing as he lightly traced a couple of old scars on his chest, twitching an eyebrow from where he got those, it wasn't from crystal by a long shot, though it was some of the more memorable hits that Roveth had done to him. "... even if i can overpower her Black Fladramon, you know as well as i do i wouldn't try to unless absolutely forced." he said coldly, before shaking his head "either way, while i sense what is said is probably going to happen.. i'm sensing much more... this is just probably me being paranoid, but... even Crystal knows my paranoia has sometimes been merited."

Gabumon blinked, looking to Shiro lightly, tilting his head a bit "eh? what do you mean Shiro?"

Shiro sighed, and lightly started grooming his tail a bit while it was slick with water from the springs as he sat there "... simple. something tells me everything will be a diversion to pull Crystal away from us, either to use her to lure me in, or to use the divide and conquer strategy after getting you guys along with the defenses of the resort busy, for someone.. probably Duskmon, to come after me directly, and as i am now..." he shuddered a bit "i'm not in the best condition, given i still have some parts of my skills unworking, and i don't know if i should try using Shinka again should Duskmon actually show up."

V-Mon just shook his head and patted Shiro on the back (who winced and gave a minor dirty look) "don't be so serious Shiro! i'm sure things won't turn out like that."

Guilmon just sat in the water looking down lightly, before looking up lightly "... Shiromon is right V-Mon.. when both Shiromon and Crystalmon sense something bad is about to happen.. usually it gets -way- out of hand."

Shiro blinked, and looked over to the red dragon lightly "Guilmon?"

Guilmon shook his head, before smiling in his own way" but you have us Shiromon, you know we'll do what we can to help you! right, Taikimon ,Zenjiroumon, Shoutmon?"  

Kuukyo_Fushichou
Vice Captain

Sarcastic Daredevil

28,550 Points
  • Dragon Master 50
  • Alien Invasion 50
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175

Crystal Mizuka

Captain

Omnipresent Traveler

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:41 pm
"The remnants of the Bagra Empire would require a sizable force just to get past the resort's outer defenses," noted Black Fladramon. "As of yet, I'm not sure they would be able to organize a force strong enough to accomplish such a full blown invasion as that." He looked meaningfully at Shiro. "While I agree with Crystal that you require protection, I'm really not convinced that you are actually in any danger."

As far as Black Fladramon was concerned, Shiro's paranoia showed that he was getting well ahead of himself. Duskmon and, by extension, whoever had command of him, were testing Shiro. That much was certain. And they needn't attack him to get results. They could just as well try to motivate him by targeting someone close to him instead.

"So then, what can we do?" Zenjirou looked around at the rest of them on the boy's side of the onsen. "We don't even know for sure that anything will happen tomorrow."

"Still, it's probably best not to doubt woman's intuition," noted Taiki. "I hear it's seldom wrong."

Indeed, thought Black Fladramon. And this would be a great deal simpler if Crystal would just tell us what she's thinking.

Taiki seemed to reach the same conclusion. "I wonder if we can get her to talk to us."

"I think if you ask her the right questions, then she will give you the necessary answers," Black Fladramon responded. "She is very honest, but it requires for her to be confronted directly."

Taiki suspected that Shiro probably wasn't mentally up to the task of going to question her. Zenjirou would just get distracted and, while Crystal would undoubtedly be open with any of the digimon, he realized that he wanted to hear the answers for himself. He wouldn't be satisfied to hear it secondhand or paraphrased. If he couldn't be there with Shoutmon to aid her in battle, then the least he could do was try to hear her out.

"Maybe I should be the one to ask her," he eventually volunteered. "It might make her uncomfortable to be confronted by us all at once."

Unknown to him, that was undeniably true.

*~*~*~*~*

The shrieking on the girl's side of the onsen finally subsided when Crystal and Akari, having settled the water fight as a draw, decided to get dressed so they could grab a bite to eat elsewhere at the resort.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:53 am
Shiro just settled down a bit more in the water, pretty much letting only the upper half of his head be seen as he continued relaxing, his slitted eyes hidden as he continued thinking to himself on things ~maybe i should stop being paranoid...~ he thought to himself, shaking his head lightly mentally ~some days i wish i -was- a goggle-head, if only to be able to actually be carefree.~

Gabumon watched Shiro with V-Mon, though V-mon decided to get the idea and began running up the onsen wall before leaping against it "CANNONBALL~!" he shouted, before crash-landing in the water.

Guilmon acked, getting drenched and flailing about a bit.

Gabumon was twitching an eyebrow at V-mon in raw annoyance.

the Chibimonz were cheering and giving off various score cards, though one had it's card upside down.

Shiro just ignored things on the outside for now ~keep getting stronger boy... make sure my faith in you is well founded for my perfect record.~ this caused shiro to stiffen up hearing -that- voice in his head again, and his eyes darted around ~who... ah damnit... the presence is gone again... what the hell is going on!?!?!~ he muttered mentally, showing frustration in his eyes.  

Kuukyo_Fushichou
Vice Captain

Sarcastic Daredevil

28,550 Points
  • Dragon Master 50
  • Alien Invasion 50

Crystal Mizuka

Captain

Omnipresent Traveler

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:07 pm
"Hey, watch it!" Shoutmon began to protest as he was also drenched by the splash from V-mon's cannonball. However, seeing the Chibimonz with their little scorecards cheering him on, he just couldn't resist the appeal of a little friendly competition. "How about I show you a real cannonball," he finished with a smirk. He then hopped out of the water and started running quickly up the dividing wall before pushing off and launching himself back down again as he curled into a ball before he hit the water to produce an even larger splash.

The force of the splash caused Taiki's goggles to fall down around his neck as his hair loosely covered his face. "Well, I think I'm clean..."

"Me too," Zenjirou nodded vigorously in agreement as he hurriedly pulled himself out of the onsen, almost dropping his towel in the process.

"I'll keep an eye on things here," Shoutmon assured Taiki once he had resurfaced. Taiki simply nodded and then climbed out after Zenjirou so he could get dressed.

"Hmph," Black Fladramon merely folded his arms over his chest as he somersaulted out of the water to stand on the edge of the onsen. "Watch how a pro does it." Not needing any leverage from the dividing wall, he simply jumped up until he reached the ceiling and then kicked off of it to launch back at the water, performing numerous flips in the air before finally tucking himself in tight before he hit the water with a monumental splash.

*~*~*~*~*

Meanwhile, the resort's exterior was being treated to an impressive fireworks display as Slashdramon combined his granulated golden fire breath with the blue and green flames of the two subspecies of Coredramon over by the central lake. Many of the digimon at the resort stopped to stare at the amazing spectacle, including the food vendors.

Crystal smiled thoughtfully as she watched the display. "Slashmon might seem calm and composed like an adult, but he's still just as prone to these sort of theatrics as a child. He likes showing off." She had gotten her hands on some okonomiyaki from one of the vendors before they became completely enamored by the fireworks.

"At least he's responsible about it," noted Akari. "Rather than satisfying his own ego, he wants to do things that will appeal to everyone."

Crystal nodded. "And this really is a beautiful way to light up the night sky."

Looks like everything is under control here, Zapmon peeked out from behind one of the noodle cards with a big stick of cotton candy hanging out of her mouth. Probably best not to interfere with the human bonding tonight. And then the small dragon darted off in the opposite direction so as to avoid notice only to stumble into Taiki.

"I'm surprised I haven't seen you around much," he observed as he helped Zapmon pick herself up.

"I'm incognito," Zapmon explained hurriedly. "Crystal doesn't need my antics right now. Besides, I don't want to stop her from having fun."

Taiki chuckled. "So, you're really more thoughtful than you let on."

"Hey, it's absolutely vital for me to keep up appearances," Zapmon warned him. "It's just that, for the moment, she doesn't need my intervention."

Meanwhile, up ahead, Crystal had spotted a karaoke machine hooked up outside one of the Burgemon joints. "Ah-ha, now that is a great way to spend an evening!"

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:17 pm
of course, the score cards for Black Fladramon was pretty high, but the most likely culprit of winning was honestly Black Fladramon mainly because Gabumon felt a bit vengeful about being drenched multiple times, and gave Shoutmon a 3, while at least black Fladramon had a 5.

Shiro of course got drenched multiple times over, while moving the chibimonz off his head, and deciding to do some meditation as he slipped further into the water and proceeded to still his breath lightly while floating under the waves, the only thing poking out to show he was still there was his ears which twitched once in a while making small ripples whenever the water wasn't disturbed by the competition. inside his mental plane he was currently looking over the 12 pedestals that represented the spirits of the elemental legendary warriors, sighing while looking at the soft teal of the water one glowing, blinking he tilted his head a bit "water... the Trial of Water is next? how... fitting, given where i'm meditating." he mumbled while wondering what the trial could be, given Ranamon, nor her more.. beautiful ancient counterpart had shown up or spoken to him to tell him of his next trial, though he felt it fitting, given water -could- douse fire, as well as break down earth, make wood grow, so on. it was one of the founding main elements even though it's one of the secondary elements in the Warrior twelve.

V-Mon of course just glared at Gabumon's giving him a two, and proceeded to look around, before trying to find a way to scramble onto the roof of the onsen to prepare for another cannonball, unaware of Shiro resting underneath the depths.  

Kuukyo_Fushichou
Vice Captain

Sarcastic Daredevil

28,550 Points
  • Dragon Master 50
  • Alien Invasion 50

Crystal Mizuka

Captain

Omnipresent Traveler

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:32 pm
Black Fladramon chuckled to himself as he watched V-mon make a determined effort to outdo both him and Shoutmon. Of course, climbing up to the roof would probably take him awhile considering he couldn't just jump up like Black Fladramon could have. So, with V-mon otherwise occupied, Black Fladramon slid back into the onsen to resume relaxing as he had been before the cannonball contest had been undertaken.

Shoutmon, meanwhile, had redirected his attention back to Shiro. Of course, judging only by appearances, it seemed that Shiro was simply making himself comfortable in the onsen amidst all the chaos. Still, that didn't eliminate the concern that Shiro might be conspiring to take off on his own when no one was paying attention. Having been there for that part of the conversation, Shoutmon couldn't just take the whole thing lightly.

*~*~*~*~*

"Alright," Crystal picked up a microphone from the karaoke machine and started scrolling through the available song selection on the accompanying touch screen. "Let's see if maybe I can find something on here that I actually remember the lyrics to."

It wasn't hard for her to track down some familiar Pop songs, primarily performed by boy bands, although she also knew a handful of sappy love songs from hearing them on the radio a good number of times. Of course, she skipped over those because they were just a little too American for her taste at the moment and finally settled on something that she felt just a little more comfortable with singing in public. Of course, anyone who has played Kingdom Hearts would have immediately recognized her selection of Simple and Clean. Crystal didn't really have the right vocal range for it since she couldn't get up that high, but she nevertheless enjoyed singing it.

"It looks like the two of you have been keeping busy," Taiki observed as he finally caught up with Crystal and Akari.

"Don't look at me," Akari told him. "This wasn't my idea."

"It looks like fun though," noted Zenjirou. "Mind if I take the next song?"

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:24 pm
Shiro of course just continued meditating under the onsen waters, apparently no one had noticed he was pretty much submerged under the waters, relaxed, and way deep in his trance, meanwhile deep in his center he moved over and touched the symbol of water, poking it lightly "hmm... maybe..." of course, a melodious giggle just popped up all around "well, unlike Agnimon's test made you test your determination.. mine will be something simple and fun. you know the others are doing a Cannonball Contest outside? " Shiro blinked a bit as he pondered it over and closed an eye "actually i do, i got splashed multiple times before i sunk underwater to meditate." the voice proceeded to 'hmmm...' lightly, before probably nodding " well i want you to win it." Shiro blinked, and raised an eyebrow "really? that's it?" the voice giggled again lightly "yup! you do have the calm perseverance given you created this realm deep underneath the seas of your mind, so i had to make something simple up." Shiro just sweatdropped before lightly scratching his head "alright then, i'll try. though i wish the water was deeper."

everyone else wouldn't notice, but the water began shifting a ltitle bit underneath the surface, beginning to dig out more room and continuing to fill itself, making it quite pool deep at about 30 or so feet, Guilmon had when he started having to tread water, and Shiro's ears sunk underwater fully before he surfaced again taking a couple of breaths "gah! what the..." Shiro muttered, looking down lightly, just as V-Mon crashed into the water after doing various spinds and crahsing into it like a rock, getting very high scores from the chibimonz, and a 4 out of Gabumon.  

Kuukyo_Fushichou
Vice Captain

Sarcastic Daredevil

28,550 Points
  • Dragon Master 50
  • Alien Invasion 50

Crystal Mizuka

Captain

Omnipresent Traveler

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:30 pm
Black Fladramon performed a backwards somersault out of the water when the floor beneath his feet suddenly gave way. Something appeared to be happening to the onsen and he fully suspected that it must have had something to do with Shiro.

"It would appear that the depth of the pool has increased suddenly," he stated calmly in response to the boy. "Although, I suppose that will make this whole contest somewhat safer."

*~*~*~*~*

When Zenjirou took up the microphone and picked out the song he felt like singing, somehow the whole notion of staying up singing karaoke became rather less appealing. Especially once Dondokomon jumped on stage and began to cheer him on while beating on his own drum. With the noise becoming unbearable, Crystal decided to make a hasty retreat and ran off toward the vicinity of the central lake. She noticed that the water level had gone down slightly. In fact, careful observation would have indicated that the water level of the lake had gone down proportionately to the increase in depth of the pool on the boy's side of the onsen. However, Crystal didn't have any reason to suspect anything like that so, instead, she set out to find a boat so she could paddle out to investigate since she was vaguely curious.

Naturally, Taiki had been following after her since he still needed to talk to her and he definitely didn't want to stick around for Zenjirou's encore performance if he could help it. Akari had decided to tag along because she had no intention of being left behind with Zenjirou while he was still on stage with the karaoke machine. However, Akari was quickly intercepted by the combined forces of Zapmon and Cutemon.

"Say, would you like to come with us for some ice cream?" Zapmon had already bribed Cutemon for his cooperation. It seemed like the only way to effectively distract Akari from Taiki.

Akari stopped to pick up Cutemon. She watched as Crystal began to push a boat toward the new edge of the water. "I guess Taiki will be alright without me for awhile," she decided. To be perfectly honest, whatever Crystal had in mind looked like it was going to involve a lot of work and getting all wet and muddy after finally getting clean of all the grit and grime from spending the day in Digitamamon's restaurant just didn't suit her. She nodded to Zapmon. "Sure, why not?"

"You won't regret it," Zapmon practically beamed as she led the way. "I know best ice cream parlor at the resort!"

Taiki, meanwhile, had caught up with Crystal and was helping her push the boat to the water. He wasn't sure what she expected to find out there, but it would at least give them a chance to talk. Of course, that was assuming he would be able to hold her attention long enough for them to have the necessary conversation.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:48 pm
Shiro blinked, and looked to Black Fladramon with a raised eyebrow as he pondered over things, and began to swim a bit backwards to the edge and haul himself out lightly, letting his body drip while his tail was sleek from the water having made it like that "well.. interesting, anyway..." he then looked around, and spotted the outside wall, smirking, he began running up the divider, but instead leaping towards the wall top towards outside the onsen and balancing there precariously a bit, looking down lightly ~hmm.. pretty high up... but usable.~

V-Mon blinked, watching shiro bounce up the walls with some decent agility, raising an eyebrow, before looking to Shoutmon and Black Fladramon "you don't think he's going to join in on the contest do you?"

Gabumon groaned and facepalmed lightly, looking up to Shiro watching him "if i know that crazy baka he is... why i have no clue." he said while watching the towel covered Shiro.  

Kuukyo_Fushichou
Vice Captain

Sarcastic Daredevil

28,550 Points
  • Dragon Master 50
  • Alien Invasion 50

Crystal Mizuka

Captain

Omnipresent Traveler

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:44 pm
"Well then," Shoutmon grinned mildly. "Let's see what he can do."

Black Fladramon simply nodded. He was also curious to see what Shiro had in mind.

*~*~*~*~*

Once the boat was out on the water it became readily apparent that Crystal wasn't really accustomed to steering a canoe. Which isn't to say she couldn't do it, but she could certainly stand more practice. However, with her attention otherwise occupied, that would have made it difficult to talk. Besides, paddling a canoe in the proper direction couldn't be too hard.

"Why don't you let me steer?" Taiki volunteered.

"You ever done this before?" Crystal inquired, although she was sure she already knew the answer.

"Well no," Taiki answered truthfully. "But I think I've figured out the gist of it."

"Alright," Crystal agreed. "But we'll have to trade places. From what I know, it's supposedly easier to steer from the back." Now, why hadn't she gone with a rowboat? Oh right, because that would have been heavier and harder to carry to the water.

Anyway, they set the paddles down in the boat and started carefully moving toward the center so they could get past each other to switch seats. Since it was a canoe, this meant that it began rocking with the movement as a brutal test of both their balance. Which, as anyone could attest to for the two of them, was pretty terrible even without the swaying of the canoe. And they nearly made it in spite of this, but then a random Gomamon with a trail of colorful fish teaming behind it happened to jump up out of the water and over the middle of the boat which caused a brief moment of distraction for both humans. Crystal overstepped and caused the canoe to tilt severely in one direction which forced Taiki to compensate by overstepping on the other side to try level out the boat. It worked, but when the canoe rocked sharply back into a level position it essentially through Crystal on top of him so that they were both sprawled out in the middle of the canoe.

"I should have seen this coming," Crystal grumbled as she started to pick herself up off him. This was the second time in as many days that she had landed on top of him like this. Oh well, at least the boat hadn't capsized on them.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:57 pm
Shiro had looked at the water, pondering a bit, before smirking, and closed one eye ~Trace, On.~ he muttered, his towel turning into a pair of swim trunks as he sighed, and squatted down, leaning forward a slight tilt, before leaping higher into the air, startling a few of the rookie bird digimon that flew a bit low, before settling up into a tilted spin, before curling up and spinning like a rapid moving ball in general (think similar to the Screw Attack from Metroid.) and picked up speed as he crashed into the water, causing a pillar of it to go up, forming into what looked like a water dragon, and proceeded to swirl around before crashing right back into the boys side of the onsen to refill the water level.

V-Mon just stared at the cannonball while dripping wet, before holding up a card of 9.7 clearly impressed by that one.

The Chibimonz were holding up 10s across the board and Cheering for Shiro, causing V-Mon to actually glare and playfully accuse them of being traitors and all.

Gabumon looked unsure, pondering on staying out of it, before holding up two sets, one said '6.7 for application' and the other said '9.5 for style'.

Guilmon just watched in awe, somehow producing a card too and holding up a 10 as well, though it looked sideways with how he was holding it.  

Kuukyo_Fushichou
Vice Captain

Sarcastic Daredevil

28,550 Points
  • Dragon Master 50
  • Alien Invasion 50

Crystal Mizuka

Captain

Omnipresent Traveler

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:58 am
Shoutmon, in keeping with his outwardly cool demeanor, only gave Shiro a thumbs up for his rather insanely spectacular cannonball technique. He didn't mind being beaten by something like that.

Black Fladramon, going for the more theatrical approach, ignited a flaming number 10 in front of him in place of the standard scorecards. That he could still generate fire in spite of being soaking wet was a fairly strong indicator of just how much power he had in his possession. "Well, I think Shiro has won this round."

*~*~*~*~*

"Look out!" Taiki dragged Crystal back down as a second Gomamon, or perhaps it was the same one as before, suddenly jumped over the middle of the boat with colorful fish trailing after it. Of course, he quickly let go of her once the digimon and the assorted fish had passed, his face becoming moderately flushed as he gradually realized the full extent of their predicament.

"Alright, let's try this again," Crystal purposefully ignored the fact that Taiki was cute and visibly blushing in favor of lifting herself off of him and then carefully guiding herself to the seat she had been trying to get to the entire time. Not that she was able to readily conceal her own blush as it steadily crept onto her face. However, she could still choose to disregard all the awkward embarrassment until she was certain that the boat was no longer in any immediate danger of capsizing on them. "There now, that's better."

Taiki slowly picked himself up and hauled himself onto his newly designated seat on the canoe so that they might resume their investigation of what had caused the water level of the lake to suddenly drop so much. "So, where do you want to go?" he asked, making a rather strained effort not to lose his composure after all that.

"Well, if we just paddle out to the middle we should be able to get Plesiomon's attention," Crystal answered. "Maybe he can fill us in on what's happening here."

Then they each took up one of the paddles to begin moving toward the middle of the lake. Taiki was, indeed, more competent at steering in spite of never having done it before. All Crystal had to do was keep paddling so they could build up some momentum. Honestly, she seemed way more at home at the front of the boat.

Taiki had very nearly forgotten why he had been sticking with Crystal in the first place, but now that things were calming down he decided it might be a good idea to initiate that conversation he had been meaning to have with her.

"Black Fladramon told us about why he thinks you don't want anyone to help you with your plan for tomorrow," he started seriously.

"Taiki," Crystal responded just as seriously. "I'm pretty sure nothing will happen tomorrow so long as I stick to my original plan. And, whatever my digimon might think on the subject, they're probably just being fueled by Shiro's blatant paranoia."

Well, that much was certainly true. Shiro did appear to become incredibly paranoid in response to Crystal's earlier behavior. Still, that didn't really satisfy Taiki's concerns.

"So then why is that you feel like you have to go out there by yourself?" he persisted.

"Well," Crystal started. And then she hesitated. So, there was something to this after all. "You see, it's true that I experienced something in a dream that I'm trying to prevent from happening, but I'm not really sure I can. I think the best I can hope for is to delay it for as long as possible."

"And what's that?" asked Taiki. Crystal wasn't the only one who had some experience with premonitory dreams so now he had good reason to take whatever she had to say more seriously.

"I might end up having to use myself as a shield to defend you from Duskmon," Crystal answered slowly. "At least, that's how it happens in my dream. I really hope it doesn't ever have to come to that because I know neither of us is going to like it."

Taiki felt himself flinch. "So then, what Black Fladramon said about you becoming seriously injured and losing control--"

Crystal cut him off. "No, I don't think anything like that will happen. The power of my human blood is a whole lot stronger than what my brother has. I've been seriously injured in the past and I've been able to hold on to my sanity. I think it's probably because I'm built a little bit differently, but also because I've spent my entire life conditioning myself on the pretense of being an ordinary human being. My top concern is that I don't want to see you or anyone else get hurt. And, especially, I don't want for you to have to suffer through seeing me injured like that. Sure, I'll be alright and the wounds will heal, but simply seeing it happen will be traumatic for everyone. So, for as long as it is within my power to prevent it, that's what I plan to do."

"I see," was all Taiki could say.

"Anyway," Crystal glanced over the side of the canoe into the deep water of the lake trying to spot Plesiomon in the moonlight. "I don't think the battle in my dream will be taking place tomorrow. But then, I've never been very good at predicting the when of these sort of things." She slapped her paddle on the surface of the water several times until the long-necked aquatic reptile brought his huge head up from the water.

"Crystal-chan, is there something I can do for you? Oh, and you brought Taiki-kun with you as well," Plesiomon practically purred at the two of them in his peculiar reptilian hiss of a voice.

"We were wondering what happened to the water level," Crystal wasted no time getting to the point of their visit. And Plesiomon readily began to explain how the water level had suddenly gone down and how the tunnel leading to one of the springs on the boy's side of the onsen had suddenly filled out and expanded to make it deeper. The water level went down as it rushed in to fill up the intervening space.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:21 pm
of course, it took a bit for Shiro to come back up, given he felt too calm to uncurl, but the pulse of the Symbol of water underneath his body made him get back to the surface, letting out a few deep breaths while looking around at the scores, and chuckled a bit rubbing the back of his head "sorry.. couldn't help it." he said, laughing nervously.

Gabumon just rolled his eyes lightly "let me guess, Rana-Chan asked you to do the contest for the Trial of water?"

Shiro rolled his eyes to his original partner, chuckling " how'd you guess?"

Gabumon rolled his eyes lightly "you -never- have fun anymore, that's why."

Shiro winced, and just looked aside a bit "either way, i did good, right?"

Guilmon nodded" shiromon was cool~!"

Shiro just chuckled, and settled down again, glancing back inside the changing houses where his clothes were stored, knowing he felt the familiar pulses of his D-Scanner glowing, ready to unleash and bring out the next ally he had from the Warrior 12.  

Kuukyo_Fushichou
Vice Captain

Sarcastic Daredevil

28,550 Points
  • Dragon Master 50
  • Alien Invasion 50

Crystal Mizuka

Captain

Omnipresent Traveler

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:27 pm
"I'd say 'good' is a bit of an understatement," Shoutmon stated as he gave Shiro a light pat on the head, mindful of his fox ears. "You did great!"

Black Fladramon nodded in agreement as he dispelled his own flames so no one might accidentally get burned because of him leaving them suspended in the air. "You really ought to try being impulsive a bit more often."

*~*~*~*~*

After chatting a little bit with Plesiomon, Crystal and Taiki watched as the large aquatic dinosaur descended beneath the surface and vanished into the hidden depths of the lake.

"Well then, I guess we might as well head back to shore," Crystal suggested as she picked up her paddle and prepared to place it back in the water. Of course, then she tilted her head back to look up at the night sky now that the fireworks show had ended and the resulting smoke had begun to clear so she could see the stars. The sky was darker over the lake since all the buildings were on the shore so it gave her a rather nice view. "Or I suppose we could just stay out here for awhile to admire the stars."

"As nice as that sounds, I think I should probably get back before Akari decides to kill me," noted Taiki as he picked up his own paddle and stuck it in the water.

"That's true," Crystal sighed in agreement. "I guess we're going back then."

Trans-Dimensional Library (RP Archive)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 40 41 42 43 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games