Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply The Library
Study Area Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 31 32 33 34 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MsKiwiness

Demonic Divorcee

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:43 pm
Valentina La Russa
First year Gryffindor

"I won't probably see you tomorrow. I am going to see the nurse about some health problems." As she exited the Library to go back to the common room to go sleep. "Lets just say I had this problem since I was nine years old." As she said as she was feeling a bit light headed and dizzy.

Next place to place is Hospital Wing  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:47 am
User Image

David Sinclair League
[Ravenclaw]

House: Ravenclaw
Wand: Supple and Smooth//11 3/4 inches//Hawthorne//Fairy Hair
Current Age: 12
Blood: The son of a squib and witch from pureblood families
Year at Hogwarts: Second Year
Wearing: Ravenclaw Robes

David suddenly heard her boldly declare as she exited the library that she probably wasn't going to see him tomorrow... something about going to see the nurse about a long term health problem. Her mind was so flighty-she was like a squirrel. And, what the Hell did that mean? That reminded him, though, maybe he should take advantage of going up to the infirmary and get something for his migraines and tension headaches but they were generally stress induced or anxiety induced... did he just need something for that instead? He was fairly confident his father would flip if he started using potions for what he considered a fairly simple medical problem. Of course, he was pretty sure both of his parents would have a cow if he admitted just how many bottles of Excedrin he went through each year. Usually he went through about two a semester. He was going to get an ulcer before he was thirty at that rate. Or maybe he needed to learn just to calm down.

Fine, he thought, I'll just finish reading the next chapter that'll take a few minutes and just go to bed early. That should count as relaxing.

mrs-lestrange

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

stitchkin babe

Timid Genius

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:38 pm
x
x
x
x

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Half-Blood | | Eleven Years Old | | First Year | | Ravenclaw
Ten inches. Ash Wood. Fox Fur. Supple.

After Lexine had navigated herself through the library, walking around rather aimlessly, she found the study area. Finally, Lexine smiled brightly at the tables that sat. No one else sat around, a few students here and there, but barely anyone was sitting there. She'd just gotten out of DADA class, as well as all her First Year peers, and she needed to brush up on some Transfiguration stuff for the next day. It was around 1 o'clock, rather early for Lexine to be doing anything, usually waiting until 5 o'clock or so.

She took out her Transfiguration book and set it gently on the table, scared to make any noise in the quiet of the library, opening it to the beginning and starting the reading, slowly falling asleep.

outfit | | ooc :: --- | | voice clip

the true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:35 pm
User Image

User ImageUser Image Location: Library (Study Area)

Jasper had an idea to head to the library after lunch. Alice wasn't so excited about going to the library. Books weren't her thing and she wasn't going to pretend they were. However he was right they should get some studying in it would be good down the road and she didn't want to let her parents down.

Walking hand in hand into the library the two made their way to the study area. Tables were lining the area for students to use to study amongst themselves. "Is that Lexine?" Alice asked Jasper as she pointed over to the table the brunette was sitting at. "Looks like it." Jasper answered before gesturing for Alice to lead the way.

With that simple gesture Alice skipped over with Jasper in hand. "Somebody is falling asleep, and I don't blame them." Alice chimed happily as she took a seat next to her Ravenclaw friend. Jasper smiled at Lexine and took a seat next to Alice. "Hello Lexine studying Transfigurations I see." he said taking out his books from his bag to he could study himself. Alice looked over at him and then back at Lexine... she so wasn't a studier.

Wearing: Uniform

With: Each other… Lexine
OOC: ---  

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

stitchkin babe

Timid Genius

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:54 pm
x
x
x
x

Slowly, Lexine's eyelids started closing and her head became limp in her hand. She closed her eyes completely and let her head settle into the curve of her hand. Slowly she started to fall asleep, her entire body relaxing. "Somebody is falling asleep, and I don't blame them," a voice called out, startling Lexine. "Huh? Lexine jumped, her entire stomach lurching, frightened by the voice.

"Hello Lexine, studying for Transfiguration, I see," Lexine looked up at the source of the second voice, then smiled, "Hey Jasper, Alice," she said, setting her hands down to her lap. She blushed when she noticed Alice staring at her. "Yeah, I um...I can't read textbooks without falling asleep..." Lexine sighed, looking down at the book. It didn't help that she felt tired after Defense Against the Dark Arts class. She'd worked really hard in class, and was now feeling so tired. "I can't study at all...honestly I have no clue how I made it into Ravenclaw." Lexine said, blushing slightly. "And it's rather lonely...I haven't made any friends, it's kind of hard. The common room is usually so quiet, and everyone is studying or out of the room. I'm scared other people will hear my conversation..." Lexine continued. To be honest, she hadn't really tried, but she wasn't going to say anything about it. She was scared to talk in the common room, so it's not like it was a complete lie.

outfit | | ooc :: --- | | voice clip

murruelecreuset

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:23 pm
User Image

Alice surprisingly knew the feeling although in most cases she never got to the falling asleep part before Jasper would step in. “That’s usually my problem.” She said giggling. “I’m sure there’s more to it than just reading books.” She added knowing the brainy house had to be more than just “I can study from a book.” Jasper nodded at Alice’s words. “She’s right. It’s just stereotypical really.” He added. Man did Jasper need to learn how to talk or at least talk more than five words in length.

“Oh Lexine, don’t worry I’m sure you’ll make friend in your house sooner or later. Besides you have us we’ll always be friends.” Alice assured her. Jasper could tell she was really certain about her words and he wanted to believe them despite how life had taught him nothing lasts forever.

Arkendrai

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

stitchkin babe

Timid Genius

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:53 pm
x
x
x
x

Lexine smiled at Alice and Jasper. At least they had each other, that was always good to have someone by your side. Lexine knew that feeling with her own siblings, Sybil and Evan... Sybil and Evan... Lexine thought. For a while there, she'd almost completely forgotten about her siblings. Looking up at the two, Lexine realised how much Alice and Jasper reminded her of her siblings. "I'm sure we will to," Lexine grinned, in response to Alice claiming they'd always be friends. Even though Lexine knew that there was no real 'forever', nothing could last forever, she knew that their friendship was strong, even if it was just beginning.

"I know that studying isn't all about the books, I'm not that dim, but the beginning of the book isn't exactly teaching spells. If it was, I'd be in the Great Hall or in the common room having a grand time..." Lexine pointed out.

outfit | | ooc :: - - - | | voice clip

murruelecreuset

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:08 am
User Image

Alice was happy that Lexine agreed with her though she knew there was skepticism in the air mostly from Jasper. “That’s true I suppose but who would want to have a great time in the great hall or in the common room when we could hang out together and have even more fun.” Alice wasn’t always the brightest but she was definitely always the nicest.

Jasper smiled. “Our common room isn’t that great either.” He told Lexine. It was just a lot of wood and plants, nothing that screamed great although he didn’t like the calming affect it gave him and the feeling of being one with nature. “Anyways since we’re here together we could all study together? I mean it was Jasper’s idea to come and study so… I don’t know if you want to study with us you’re more than welcome too. The more the merrier.” Alice said hoping Lexine would stick around.

“Yes, you’re more than welcome to join in maybe it will get Alice into it more.” Jasper added with a nod. He’d like her to stay too but he wasn’t going to force her into it. Jasper wasn’t like that he was more like the young gentleman that a mother would be proud to show off to the world. Luck for him his adoptive mother wasn’t like that.

Arkendrai

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

stitchkin babe

Timid Genius

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:08 pm
x
x
x
x

Lexine smiled over at Alice. Sometimes, she thought maybe Alice was a little too nice for her own good, she was lucky that she had Jasper, considering she may just get into some trouble... "It's kind of a coincidence that we all came to the library to study, isn't it, though?" Lexine said, looking at the two and shrugging a bit.

Lexine shook her head,
"Don't get me wrong, I love my common room, it's just...it's always sorta...lonely there." She shrugged. She did love it, the walls of books made her feel like she was back in the study at home working on muggle homework for her parents, but it always seemed to be so quiet in there... "I don't know if you want to study with us, but you're more than welcome to! The more the merrier!" Alice continued, although Lexine wasn't quite sure what she'd said beforehand, she'd zoned out thinking of her home. Lexine grinned at the two, "I'd love to study with you guys. Maybe I won't fall asleep with others around me," Lexine grinned, happy to have her friends studying along with her. She pulled her chair in, then looked back down at her book.

murruelecreuset

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:01 pm
User Image

Alice smiled when Lexine said it was a coincidence. Jasper knew what that smile meant but didn’t say anything. Although he wondered if she knew Lexine would be there. Of course Alice still hadn’t told their Ravenclaw friend about seeing the future so it was better to wonder then to say anything at all.

“Maybe it’s fate.” Alice said happily. “I’m going with it being a coincidence.” Jasper said agreeing with Lexine. It was pretty coincidental that all three of them came to the library to study at about the same time. “I understand.” Jasper told her. Alice nodded in understanding as well. ‘It must be hard not knowing anyone in your house…’ she thought wishing Lexine had been in the same house with them that way she wasn’t lonely. After all Alice knew what that was like.

Alice and Jasper smiled when Lexine said she’d stick around and study with them. Maybe she was right… all she probably needed was just a few friends to make it more fun and less boring then it actually was. Luckily it was enough to get Alice into studying although it didn’t get her to completely one hundred percent read the book in front of her. Oh well it was worth a try…

Arkendrai

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

stitchkin babe

Timid Genius

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:56 pm
x
x
x
x

Lexine watched as a seemingly knowing smile fell over Alice's face, as if there were something she wasn't telling anyone. Jasper looked over at her, like she was trying to tell Alice to be quiet, maybe not talk about something. Lexine looked over the two with clear confusion written all over her face. She had always noticed little things in conversations, and this was definitely something she would never miss. Then, the way that Alice had said 'Maybe it's fate,' was said in a way meaning she knew it would happen... Lexine looked over Alice again, the smaller girl still smiling gleefully at her. "Are..." Lexine started, before stopping herself and looking down at her book. "We better get studying," Lexine quickly corrected before she started looking over the book. It's impossible, true ones are too rare, Lexine thought to herself as she looked over the words on the page without noticing them.

Lexine shrugged a bit when they had both commented on the fact she knew next to no one in her own house.
"Not too hard, I suppose," she shrugged. The last two years she had been at home, Lexine had ignored pretty much everyone in her family, and she'd been alone most of the time. She was used to being alone, and didn't really mind it, it was just...well...scary to walk into that huge common room without a friend...

murruelecreuset

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:23 pm
User Image

Jasper was relieved that Alice got away without saying anything. Truthfully he thought it was best her secret remain a secret because he didn’t want people using her because of it. Not that he believed Lexine would use them she was a true friend after all. Alice didn’t seem to mind her gift it told her about Jasper and of the magical world… and Hogwarts. She never understood it and hardly understood it today but she was working on figuring it out. Alright maybe Jasper was doing that for her.

“Right,” Alice said with a smile. She didn’t even clue in to what Lexine was about to ask. Jasper caught on despite Lexine’s correction. Maybe one day she’d know about Alice but that day was not today. “We’ve been though being through being on our own. It wasn’t till Jasper walked into my life at the orphanage that things changed.” Alice told her. “You changed my life more then I changed yours Alice.” Jasper corrected her. “Oh Jazz… we should be studying. Who wants to explain the transfiguration formula to me?”

Arkendrai

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

stitchkin babe

Timid Genius

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:50 pm
x
x
x
x

Lexine continued to look over her book, not really retaining whatever she was reading. Transfiguration confused her, and now they were bringing equations into this? You have got to be kidding me, Lexine thought as she stared at the book. This made absolutely no sense to her. Just as she was about to ask about the formula, Alice asked if anyone understood the formula. Lexine looked up at the new and shook her head. "Not me," Lexine shrugged. She fingered the page a bit before leaning back in her seat.

murruelecreuset

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:07 am
User Image

Jasper smiled at the two girls. Apparently Alice didn’t get the formula which didn’t surprise him and Lexine he only guessed was the same. Not that he minded he’d gladly explain it if he had too. Alice giggled at Lexine’s answer before looking at Jasper. “I’ll explain it.” He told them. “You’re the best Jazz.” Alice chimed happily. Jasper just shook his head before going onto explaining.

“The formulae is t equals w times c divided by v times a and then all that is multiplied by Z. So t is the result. Now this division part starting with the top is w being your wand power times c your concentration so you divide that with the bottom part which is v being you viciousness times a being your bodyweight. All of that is multiplied by Z which is the incantation for the spell. With me so far…?” Jasper asked.

Alice raised her hand. “Yes Alice…” Jasper said shaking his head it wasn’t like they were in class at time moment. “What’s viciousness and what does our weight have to do with it?” she asked curiously. “Viciousness is like your intent if you mean it or not, how bad do you want the spell to work that kind of thing. At least that’s what I gathered from it and your weight has a lot to do with it. You need to at least be heavier then the object.” He answered her.

Arkendrai

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

stitchkin babe

Timid Genius

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:02 am
x
x
x
x

Lexine grinned at Jasper, who seemed to be the only one who understood the equation. Lexine drew out a piece of parchment and wrote...

t = transformation
a = body weight
v = viciousness
w = wand power
c = concentration
Z = incantation

Lexine looked and what she'd written down while listening to Jasper talk...and still, nothing made sense. She was bad with muggle maths, how was she supposed to understand this? And why bring maths into magic? It wasn't fair...
It's like I'm back with me mum," Lexine growled to herself, leaning back in her seat once more. She looked over at Jasper and asked, "Could you possibly...give an example? Of how this would be used? I mean, I've always done much better at being show how problems like this work out...or, at least with muggle maths, and this seems a lot like that," Lexine asked quietly. Honestly, she didn't even know if an example could be given for this, or if it would even help. Her mother always showed her about six or seven times before she really understood what was going on.

murruelecreuset

The Library

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 31 32 33 34 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games