Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Second Year Classes
History of Magic II (1/4) *New Class 2/10* Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 24 25 26 27 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

x-Phoenix Phyre-x

Obsessive Bibliophile

9,800 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:07 pm
User Image
Edajin Tarot

Slytherin/Second Year/Single/Half-blood/Wearing

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Edajin felt a cool chill pass over him as he entered the History of Magic classroom, eying the professor levelly and taking his seat. He could relate to the man's aura, and he almost felt comforted by it. A unique reaction, he was sure, though he knew that now was the time to be quiet. As the lecture began, Edajin took careful notes on the Ollivander family, his eyes flicking back and forth between his paper and the creep of a professor. As soon as the homework was announced, Edajin got to thinking. Why did his wand choose him? He didn't particularly know anything about the materials used to make the wand, but he might as well try to make a guess. On his parchment, he started writing a rough draft.

My wand is made up of brittle Yew with a Dragon Heartstring core. I don't know much about the wood, but if I had to guess, it's brittle nature might reflect my insecurities, while the Dragon Heartstring in the center probably reflects my love of power.

He stopped there, chewing the inside of his cheek as he tried to think of more to write.

I think that my wand knows that I am a person who can be strong despite my insecurities. Otherwise such a contradiction of a wand might not have chosen me at all.

Putting his paper away, he went ahead and left the draft of the Professor's desk before making his way out of the classroom.

With: Second Years

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:48 am
Have you heard the news?
Bad things come in twos.
But I never knew
'Bout the little things.
Every single day
Things get in my way.
Someone has to pay
For the little things.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Uriel Adair Scott
- Muggleborn - Second Year - Hufflepuff -
[feeling: nervous] [thinking: this guy is so cold...] [with: second years] [at: transfiguration]

Uriel really didn't like this professor. He was so... cold with them. Why was he teaching? He didn't seem to like children. The blonde boy kept his mouth closed and took notes. He couldn't wait until the class was dismissed. This was going to start to become unbearable; there was so much tension in the room.

It all comes down to you.

Let the headlines wait,
Armies hesitate.
I can deal with fate
But not the little things.
Armageddon may
Arrive any day.
I can't get away
From the little things.

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:25 am
User Image

User Image

Miles entered class and paused. He blinked repeatedly at the teacher. That... wasn't Professor Powell. He vaguely recalled the previous teacher, and it wasn't some scary old guy. He took a seat as far back from the front as he could, and managed to stay awake as he doodled. When he heard about the homework assignment, he inwardly groaned. Write about his wand? What was he supposed to write about it? Deciding he would just jot it down, he figured he'll do the essay later. Maybe.

Music makes the people come together
Music mix the bourgeoisie and the rebel.

-----♫♩♬♪♫♪-----
Thinking: This guy is creepy! What happened to the old professor?
OOC: ...
-----♫♩♬♪♫♪----

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:50 pm
User Image
𝓓𝓪𝓷𝓲𝓮𝓵𝓵𝓮 𝓢𝓪𝓿𝓪𝓷𝓽
Second Year ~ Slytherin

"Look like th' innocent flower,
═━┈┈━═
Danielle frowned as she entered the room and saw the new professor. He looked just completely unpleasant. Taking her seat, she kept to herself and took some notes for once. Normally she'd be napping happily in the back row but she didn't think it wise with this teacher. The homework confused her. Why did her wand choose her? That was a weird question. Why did a wand choose anybody? This was going to suck. Danielle wasn't a wand whisperer after all.
═━┈┈━═
But be the serpent under ’t."

Grim Vanity

Tipsy Lover

Xistund

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:13 pm
User Image
User Image

The past is ℊøηℯ. It went by like ∂υsк to ∂αωη.
Isn't that the ωαƴ? Everybody's got their ∂υℯs in life to ℘αƴ.

Hunter was frozen when the teacher spoke he sounded so mean and hated him. He noticed that the man had scars by his eyes but unlike Hunter he was sure the old man did not get them from falling out of a tree. Part of him wanted to know what the old man did to get the scars but was too afrade to ask. He just tried to stay out of sight and written down notes.
Siηℊ with me, sing it for the ƴℯαя.
Sing for the ℓαυℊhtℯя and sing for the tℯαя.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:17 pm
User Image Touch if you will my ṡτøṃαсh,
Feel how it
тяємвℓєѕ inside ...

... You've got the βÚŤŤĔŔŦĹĨĔŚ all tied up ...

... Don't make me chase you,
Even
ḋøṿεṡ have pride.

ʟɑιɽəɑʟʟ
2nd Year [ x ] Hufflepuff Unsure History Class With the Second Years

`.¸¸.´´¯`••.¸¸.´´¯`´`.¸¸.´´¯`••.¸¸.´´¯`´

The moment Claire stepped into the classroom, she could feel something was off. There was a crabby old man teaching them one of the dryest subjects Hogwarts had to offer. Claire rolled her eyes, sighing as she scribbled down some notes and tried to make herself look as busy as possible, all the while drowning the man's voice out with thoughts of the real Professor and where he had gone. When she finally realized what she was doing, Claire looked up just in time for the man to finish his lecture and assign homework. '...Seriously! Why do I always do this? How am I going to pass this stupid class?' She thought to herself with a frown as she began to hastily jot down whatever she could think of about her wand.

'Apple wood... something something something... it's made of wood and it's a wand... uhhh.... I don't know... Apples grow from trees, I like to eat apples, so that's why the wand chose me? Sounds about right... Wait but that doesn't make sense, I'm eating apples, isn't that a bad thing for the wood? Well... eugh! Whatever! Just get this done Claire' She was clearly over thinking it. But whatever the case, Claire was determined to finish, and by the end of class the girl turned in her paper, most of it was nonsense and the product of a twelve year old girl's imagination, but it was better than nothing.

`.¸¸.´´¯`••.¸¸.´´¯`´`.¸¸.´´¯`••.¸¸.´´¯`´

Forks Anonymous

Newbie Noob

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:37 am
Storming through the party like my name was El Niño
When I'm hangin' out drinking in the back of an El Camino
As a kid, was a skid and no one knew me by name.
I trashed my own house party ‘cause nobody came.
Cause we like having fun at other peoples expense and,
Cutting people down is just a minor offence then,
It's none of your concern, I guess I'll never learn.
I'm sick of being told to wait my turn.
𝕮hristian 𝕭arrett

User Image

𝕮rash
𝕾econd 𝔜ear 𝔊ryffindor

He felt weird on his voyage to the class, he’d heard many a rumors of the new substitute, none of which he hoped were true. But one of the older students suggested he should leave his skateboard in his dorm, lest he wanted it to be confiscated for the rest of the year. Tch, yeah right! He’d probably get detention for a month just for trying to steal it back—so he just decided to avoid that altogether. Ungracefully, he plopped down into a seat with a sugar quill dangling from his mouth leisurely. He took notes, sort of—well, he pretended to, at least. And then the professor chimed out a homework assignment, Crash was one of the ones to irritably join in the subtle chorus of groans. He didn’t know what to write about, he barely even remembered what his wand was even made of! He had to whip out his wand and stare at it, it was a griffin core, griffin something. And, laurel wood? Or, maybe it was holly? Well, wait then, who had the mahogany wand that someone showed off? He gulped, and decided his best course of action: lie, lie, lie. So that’s what he did, he spewed out anything he could think of about a wand that he wasn’t even honestly sure was his kind of wand. Most of it was the rambling repetition of an unenthused student, but it was finished, at least…

╔════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄══════════════╗
Height: 5ft 4in Weight: 125lbs Age: 12
History of Magic
with second years
Gryffindor Pride
╚══════════════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄════╝

User Image User Image  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:44 pm
User Image
User Image

Now where did I put that wand?

Grayson stopped reading his book as more and more of the students for the class walked in. He looked over each of them, wondering not for the first time if any of them would be interested in what he'd teach. He remembered Binns and the way he put most students to sleep, and decided that he would at least try to not put any of the students to sleep. He took his feet off the desk and stood, hoping that by doing so, he would at least give off a presence instead of looking bored. Besides, he had to repair damage that was caused by the substitute, right?

"Hello class, and welcome back to History of Magic. I am Professor Grayson Powell. I know that perhaps most of you don't remember much from the last year, so I figured that for this first class, we would review what you learned last year, just to brush up before we jump headlong into this year's curriculum." He looked about, making sure that everyone was paying attention, before continuing. "Can anyone here tell me precisely what you have learned last year? You don't have to give me the full information, as I would prefer to see if everyone payed attention in class. One subject per student, if you would."

----------------------------------
State: Expectant
OOC: ...
----------------------------------

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Squeeky Luff

1,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:16 am
User Image

User Image
"The violin plays a soft melody,
as my mind starts to feel ease.
Let the music wash over my soul,
make my mind pure and whole.
Let me be renewed."

Victor was a tad apprehensive about returning to History of Magic, the last professor wasn't...really his cup of tea.
Though he wondered if any professor who taught history could be his cup of tea. Glancing at the professor he saw though, that could be a maybe.

He was Professor Powell then? What an...interesting name.
At the mention of what they remembered from last year, Victor's mind was dazed, he remembered he didn't much like the professor. But that would just be rude to say.
He then tried to remember back to their studies, one subject that had stood out in his memory was, ah, that!
Victor then raised his hand before speaking, "Professor Powell?" He began, "One of the things we learned about was the Chamber of Secrets and how it had opened. Both times students had been in peril. The first time a student died and the next time a..." What was it called again? It was some kind of snake... "Snake? Came out of the chamber and began to petrify students."

He couldn't remember the name of the snake though...was it even a snake?

I feel confused you know?
My inner thoughts are, "I hope I wasn't mistaken..."
I'm in the house of Hufflepuff.
I am a proud second year
My puppeteer says "..." Out of character.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:57 am
User Image
Nessarose Joy O'Fehrehy
`•.¸¸.••´´¯``•• .¸¸.•´

Second Year ~ Hufflepuff ~ Single ~ Muggleborn

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

With: No one

Nessa walked quietly into her new class, her bag slung over her shoulder as she sat and listened to the Professor speak. After Victor gave his answer, she raised her hand quietly and smiled. "We also learned about the founders of Hogwarts, and that the four houses are named after them." Putting her hand down, she pulled out a piece of paper in case they would need to be taking any notes. History of Magic classes were pretty interesting, much more so than the muggle ones she had been stuck with before.

o White-Raven o

x-Phoenix Phyre-x

Obsessive Bibliophile

9,800 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:51 am
Woah, tell me what you think you're looking at
Oh, so I think I'm Queen Elizabeth
And now I'm stuck inside your memory
That's why it's so hard to get rid of me
I am incredible, so unforgettable
So no one can take my place
I am unbreakable, highly flammable
So, girl, get out of my face
Oh, we got 'em going crazy
Maybe 'cause we're so amazing

User Image
Jessamine Cathlin Walsh
~ Halfblood Hufflepuff ~Second Year ~ Twin ~
{feeling: bored} {thinking: oh, great, review...} {with: Second Years} {at: History of Magic}

Jess wanted to groan. Oh great. Review time. She sat idly in her seat and twirled her quill, occasionally exchanging glances with her twin brother. History was never going to be either of their forte.

They can't fix what's not broken.

Everybody in a daze
And that's the reason why they're hating
Treat us like some superstars
And only 'cause that's what we are
You know we going really far
And you all ain't even heard it all
You hate 'cause I'm a rockstar
A pretty little problem
You hate me 'cause I'm everything that you ever wanted to be
And I don't mind 'cause I love it when you're looking at me

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:55 am
Some things we don't talk about
Rather do without
And just hold the smile
Falling in and out of love
Ashamed and proud of
Together all the while
You can never say never
While we don't know when

User Image
Tobias Philemon Walsh
- Halfblood Gryffindor - Second Year - Twin -
[feeling: bored] [thinking: How does Uriel like this class?] [with: Second Years] [at: History of Magic]

Toby tried not to roll his eyes, and was glad they were sitting in the back of the classroom. Otherwise they'd both probably get in trouble for acting like they were bored out of their minds. How did Uriel even like this stuff? It was so...dull and dry.

Younger now than we were before.

But time and time again
Younger now than we were before
Don't let me go
Don't let me go
We're falling apart and coming together
Again and again
We're growing apart but we pull it together
Pull it together, together again

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:47 pm
User ImageUser Image
Blood Status: Muggleborn
Wand: Inflexible//13 inches//Laurel//Dragon Heartstring
Current Age: 12
Year at Hogwarts: 2nd year
Height: 5'3"

➳ ➳ ➳

[Wearing:Uniform]
Company: Classmates

➳ ➳ ➳

Thank God a new professor!

➳ ➳ ➳

Ronna sat down in the row behind Victor and shook her head at his forgetfulness of the name of the monster of the Chamber of Secrets... basalisk? Maybe he should stay away from Care of Magical Creatures when they could select electives. Well it was a giant snake at least. She pulled parchment out as Nessa provided another thing they learned.

With a smile Ronna said with a nod of her head, "And we learned the history of brooms. Though frankly, it was a more of a 'learn on your own' style course last year." Of course with how horrible the professor was last year and scary he was in most of the students opinion she could see how that one was forgotten. Especially as it was not nearly as "exciting" or "notable". Truth be told Ronna only remembered it because she had reviewed her textbooks quickly from last year during the summer.

User Image

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:06 pm
User Image

Amory Goodwin

User Image

Second Year ~~~~ Slytherin House ~~~~~ Twelve Years Old

User Image

We fear rejection..
Prize attention..
Crave affection..
Dream, dream, dream of perfection..

Amory took a seat in the History class, near the left middle of the class. There seemed to be a lot of review lately in the classes. She guessed the professors wanted to make sure they remembered or were keeping up on studies over the summer. Mory listened to the others as they vaguely touched on what they had learned. She figured she'd add a little more to one of their answers. "One of the founders, Salazar Slytherin was a parselmouth, which is why the basilisk in the chamber of secrets was the choice beast because he intended for it to be used to rid the school of those that were muggle born" Mory explained, figuring she killed a little bit of two birds with one stone, as the phrase goes, by telling about one of the founders and a little bit about the Chamber of Secrets.

Salt and Swear
I am up to no good
Get out now, if I
were you I would

User Image

Digital Static

Amadeli

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:29 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image
Eleanora McKenny
Hufflepuff Second Year

Thinking: This professor seems much better.
Feeling: Curious
Where: History of Magic
With: Professor, students
Wearing: Uniform
Single

I'd rather waltz that just walk through the forest
The trees keep tempo and sway in time

Stretching as the professor brought the class to attention, Nora leaned back slightly in her chair as she glanced around the room distractedly. The room was the same - quite dusty, with the distinct smell of parchment and crumbling quills seeping from some hidden corner. Nora had been excited to take this class last semester, although the professor had immediately been a foul weekly occurrence that she would have gladly gone without, magical history or no. The current professor seemed softer and much more approachable, so Nora was content to simply listen and absorb for this class, rather than repeat what other students were reeling off.

Quartets of crickets chime in for the chorus
If I were to strun on your heartstrings, would you strum on mine?

Second Year Classes

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 24 25 26 27 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games