Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sabriel Thurirl

Hygienic Gawker

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:29 pm
Callisto Piscis-Piscis
Adventurous Mermaid

User Image All manner of thoughts were rushing through her tired mind. Everything was so complicated now and she hated that. The minutes felt like hours. She didn't know what to do. Part of her wanted to run, since she had the chance to. On his own Leon wouldn't tell anyone, or at least she believed he wouldn't. But more than feeling the desire to run she wanted to stay. For once when faced with some multifaceted problems she didn't want to abandon them in favor of the ease of pure, unattached freedom. She propped herself up against a wall. The process of transforming back into a half-elf was slowed due to the moisture in the air, but was nonetheless steadily occurring. She was slowly becoming shorter, returning in length to the height she was on land.

User Image She stared down at her fishy tail as she tried to come to a solid decision. She wanted to stay but didn't know how to go forward and wished that she'd never suggested going fishing in the first place. When Leon returned, she glanced over at him. He hadn't decided to find a different shelter for himself. So he wasn't angry that she'd lied? Or that she'd tried to kill him? Again? The gesture of putting his jacket over her shoulders gave her hope. A strange clarity that felt similar to seeing a single light shining down into a world of darkness. She didn't mind that it was wet and only noted the difference in temperature. Believing that he wasn't angry with her and still cared brought tears to her eyes. She was too tired and confused to bother with trying to keep her cool. She barely even noticed the fire.

User Image While pulling his jacket over her a bit more she looked over in his direction. To see him looking back, looking pitiful himself, she looked back down at herself. He was all wet which wasn't good for a human. She knew that but didn't have any way of helping him dry off. He'd just recovered from... fatigue? So if he got sick again it wouldn't be good for him. Probably.
"I don't want to kill you." She answered honestly without taking time to think it through first. It was one thing she was certain of, without a doubt.

Knight Of The Dark Void

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:25 am
Sabriel Thurirl

"Well...Thank you. Really."

Leon became quiet again, looking at Callisto's tail, and then looking away, a bit embarrassed. If Leon was being honest, the whole situation was a little odd. Even more than just odd. The fire crackled away, making the cave notably warmer. After a few minutes, Leon got fed up.

"Aw, forget this! You're my girlfriend, you've saved my life twice, you're still beautiful, and I don't give a damn anymore if you hid this from me! I mean, for god's sake, I hid the fact I have trouble controlling an ability that literally is the only way I can compete with you!"

Leon relaxed, finally breathing calmly.

"I still love you. Plus...Your tail is beautiful."  

CrimsonKlaw

Profitable Businessman

3,200 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Sabriel Thurirl

Hygienic Gawker

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:22 am
Callisto Piscis-Piscis
Adventurous Mermaid

User Image Callisto couldn't break the silence, even to tell him that she'd never want to kill him. Or that she didn't want to be the reason he died, ever. She had more thoughts to express, but the words died before she even parted her lips to speak them. Nothing she wanted to say sounded like it would be the right thing to say right now. So she sat there quietly, tears rolling down her dark cheeks, as she tried to think of anything to say. She felt like she was becoming more and more conscious of his presence by her side by the second. It was enough for her that he was still there even if he was just as quiet as she was. His outburst startled her, causing her to jump. Her head turned towards him quickly and she watched him as he spoke. Her dark purple eyes were wide and alight with curiosity. She'd seen him be emotional before but not quite like this. It was like he was upset but not?

User Image Her uncharacteristic gloominess and guilt were blow away by his words. Her face lit up and she couldn't help but smile at him. A new mix of emotions overcame her discomfort.
"Oh, Leon!" In one fluid motion she swiftly shifted where she was sitting to be facing his direction and pushed herself towards him as she simultaneously wrapped her arms around him. She planted a very enthusiastic kiss on his cheek and then nuzzled her face into his neck. "I feel the same! I'm so glad to hear you say it again--after everything!" She said happily, voice a bit muffled against the flesh of his neck.

User Image By this point her body had for the most part finished returning to her half-elf form. Her tail had shifted back into legs, her form had become less muscular and returned to being that of a petite elf. Her height had returned to being five feet and seven inches. The only remnants of her mermaid form left were patches of scales on her skin which had yet to become dry enough, mainly underneath her hair. She hugged him tightly, overjoyed that not only was he not angry but he still loved her despite everything.

Knight Of The Dark Void

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:54 am
Sabriel Thurirl

Leon was surprised by her embrace, but smiled, holding her in his arms. Callisto was still quite an odd girl to him. But maybe, that's what Leon needed. Someone like her, who could call him out on dumb mistakes, encourage him when he needed, and above all, love him as a person, an emotion he had never truly felt until now.

Leon teared up a bit, then quietly, and quickly wiped them off.

"Callisto, unless you leave me, you could never hurt me. I mean, shoot, you trusted me enough to have sex with you on the first date. You're a wonderful girl, and frankly, I don't know what I did to deserve a goddess like you."

Leon's face turned a bit red, but in his mind, it was expected. This was the first time he had opened his heart like this, especially not one of another species.  

CrimsonKlaw

Profitable Businessman

3,200 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Sabriel Thurirl

Hygienic Gawker

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:36 am
Callisto Piscis-Piscis
Adventurous Mermaid

User Image She was happy to cuddle with him, arms tightly around him and face nuzzled comfortably against his neck. Then he mentioned sex. Callisto moved her face away, but still stayed close as she still didn't want to stop holding him. She'd completely forgotten that it wasn't normal for a couple to do that. Did that make her look... easy? Like if she'd met a different male the night instead of him she would've gone to bed with him instead? She was becoming worried but quickly shook her head to dismiss those negative thoughts. It was more important to live in the moment right now. She squeezed him a bit in her arms and pressed against him a bit. Regardless of the impression it might give him she wanted to feel the rising and falling of his chest when he breathed.

User ImageBut as she held him she couldn't shake the suspicion that he might think anyone else would do. Not content to let that go once it'd entered her mind she decided to try putting the way she thought of him into words.
"I don't want to leave you. I want to stay, and I do trust you, Leon. I'm happy to hear you praise me but when you do it feels like you're selling yourself short. You're so different from any of the other men I've met so far. Especially compared to the guys I knew at home. I don't really know how to explain it... I guess I would say your sweetness is a part of your charm." She said, closing her eyes to quietly enjoy their close proximity a bit longer. "I thought I'd never get to hear your voice again, or feel your warmth. You'd been pulled so far down into the sea that I thought I wouldn't be able to get to you in time."

User Image She shifted her hold to be more focused on cuddling with him, burying her face against his neck again. Her arms tightened their hold on him again. She had a sense that she was continuing their hug for a bit too long but didn't care.
"I've never been so scared. I've fought all sorts of monsters and come close to death too. A giant squid had most of me in it's mouth once and almost chewed me to pieces. That was the most frightened I'd ever been. I thought I would die then but the fear I felt when your life was in danger can't compare to that. You mean so much to me. I know I'm being selfish but when it comes to you I have trouble holding back. I love you. I mean it. And believe me when I tell you that I want to know all there is about you, and spend more and more time with you."

User Image She finally pulled back a bit, letting her arms rest behind his neck as she looked at him. She wanted to see his expression, if only to see if she'd managed to convey how she felt about him through the barriers of culture and language. She was very aware of the fact that she was easily trusting and gullible just by nature. So she especially wanted to make sure he knew that he was far more important to her than anyone else.

Knight Of The Dark Void

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:24 am
Sabriel Thurirl

Leon smiled at her, already a little teary eyed from earlier. He kissed her, and held the kiss for as long as he could. Once finished, he held her close. In that moment, he felt closer to her emotionally than anyone he'd ever met. He would've loved the moment even more if he didn't hear movement outside the cave. As he heard it, his smile left, and his head turned to attention in the direction of the noise.

"Quick! I saw her somewhere around here!"

"It's been ages since we killed one. The guild will pay out a fortune for a mermaid!"

Leon quickly took his jacket off of Callisto, putting it on, and tightening his gloves. He made sure his knife was alright, then looked at her again.

"Hunters most likely. Should I do this by myself, or do you want to help me out?"  

CrimsonKlaw

Profitable Businessman

3,200 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Sabriel Thurirl

Hygienic Gawker

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:10 am
Callisto Piscis-Piscis
Adventurous Mermaid

User Image She felt sick to her stomach as she heard it. How had they caught sight of her, despite everything that had been going on at the time? She'd never stopped to look around or even tried to hide herself then. Her only concern had been getting Leon out of the storm. It had to have been then! But even so, even though it had only been a few moments, she'd been seen. Just being reckless once had been enough. It seemed to surreal for her to believe but she didn't have any more time to doubt it. She glanced up at Leon, observing his demeanor briefly. She was touched that he was willing to fight too but... She'd have to kill them and anyone they could've told. There was no time for discussion. Callisto was worried that after seeing her fight and kill two hunters Leon would change his mind about traveling with her. But she had no other option. They wanted to kill her so hopefully he wouldn't hate her for fighting to the death with them instead.

User Image She cursed her carelessness as she got to her feet. Completely naked and with no weapons, she glimpsed around the cave to look for anything she could use. She settled on a decent sized rock and, picking it up, went out to face the source of the noise. The cave wasn't far from the shoreline. The ocean was much calmer than it had been though waves still crashed against the beach. Though dark some of the moonlight was shining through. It wasn't hard to see them and they were certainly in a hurry. Once she spotted them, she raised the rock over her head and threw it with as much force as she could muster at one of them. She picked up another rock, and threw that one too with the aim of hitting them. She stepped backwards after she threw it, thinking of getting another to throw at them. She wanted to put them down from a distance if she could while there was still enough space to do so.

Knight Of The Dark Void

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:28 am
Sabriel Thurirl

"Okay, Callisto, we knock them out, but do not kill them unless absolutely necessary. Understood?"

Leon had just gotten done telling her how he refused to kill for no reason. But under these circumstances, he wasn't sure if that was possible. These were trained hunters, belonging to what sounded like a sizable guild. They would have to knock them out, find some way to erase their memories, or end them here, so they couldn't relay the information to those back at their home base. The last thing the island needed was an entire hunter's guild trying to kill everyone there.  

CrimsonKlaw

Profitable Businessman

3,200 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Sabriel Thurirl

Hygienic Gawker

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:52 am
Callisto Piscis-Piscis
Adventurous Mermaid

User Image A team of five walked along the shoreline, eagerly chatting amongst themselves as they searched. The winds were still rough, the air was full of moisture and it was a bit foggy. Of the six of them, two of their party had spotted the mermaid while they were out trying to salvage the group's fishing nets along the coast. They'd run back to the tavern to tell the others about their great find. The only one who decided not to go along had stayed behind, complaining about the rough weather. It had taken a long a** time to find their way through the storm and even longer to search the shore where they'd spotted her. All of them carried weapons.

User Image A large rock crashed into the head of one of them, sending them crashing to the ground. It had broken her nose, several of her front teeth and caused her to lose consciousness. "s**t! Arms up!" Shouted one of them as he raised his crossbow and pointed it in the direction the rocks had come from. Two others readied their long distance weapons and started searching for the source of the attack. Another rock was thrown, hitting the crossbow which sent it backwards in the direction of the wielder. He had time to see who the attacker was and, seeing that she was very non-human looking and hostile, decided she was a target.

User Image "There it is!" One called out as she raised her pistol, firing even before she had it aimed.

User Image "Let's make this quick!" He ditched his crossbow to the side and unsheathed the sword at his hip. The others were also readying their weapons in preparation to attack.

User ImageCallisto noted the small metal object in the hands of one of them, having never seen a gun before. Her arm was jerked back and she dropped the next rock was she getting ready to throw. She looked at it, barely comprehending the small hole in her flesh. The blood seeping out of the wound was impossible to mistake though. The bullet had stopped inside of her arm, short of the bone. The sight of it awakened a new sense of alarm within her and she started to run. At first she moved in the same direction Leon was in, but instead changed direction to avoid him. Someone was firing a gun at her and she didn't want him to be hit as well. Humans were different. It would be worse for him to be hit and she couldn't keep herself from worrying about him even in this situation. She didn't want to lie to him either so she chose to keep her mouth shut. She couldn't promise not to kill them, even if she had the option to simply knock them out. She ran towards the beach but kept away from the water. She still needed to kill all of them so running away wasn't an option.

User Image"Wait! There's a human up there with her!"

User Image"Hold your fire! You there, get over here! We're here to help! Jen--where's the damned net?!"

User Image "Ain't here, Carl!"

User Image"Dammit--! After her! Don't let it get away!"

User Image The team of hunters spread out, with three of the remaining four chasing after the mermaid. The man named Carl moved towards Leon. He stopped a few feet away, unsheathed the saber at his hip and pointed it at Leon. "You. Why were you with that woman? Speak up, man! Don't waste any more of my time!" He eyed him suspiciously, unclear if he was just another townsperson who had been lured out here by the mermaid. He suspected as much but wanted to hear it for himself. He couldn't just let him go after allowing him to witness them in the act. He needed to make sure his lips were sealed or seal them for him. Behind him stood another man who had a pistol aimed at Leon's head and a sjambok at his hip.

User Image Callisto ran, kicking up sand in her haste to put a little distance between herself and the cave. She wasn't very fast on land though and the sand slowed her down further. Glancing over her shoulder she could still see Leon as well as those who were approaching him, in addition to the ones pursuing her. We're still on the island, right?! We can't be somewhere else--that island with all the hunters! There's no way! There was no time to be concerned about other people being around to see her now. She wasn't a mermaid for one but if the hunters said so, did it matter what she looked like? They had to still be on the protected island. So if she killed someone here--that would be a problem. She couldn't let anyone find the bodies. But, without a creature around to feed, how would she do it? There was no time to think about it!

User Image
"Stop now and I'll make it quick and painless! The more you run, the worse it'll hurt I garun-damn-tee you that, you stupid fish!"

User Image Another bullet was fired at her and though it didn't hit this time she felt like it'd come way too close. She turned on her heel, deciding without much thought that her only chance against a gun was to destroy it now. She charged straight at the three, a fire burning in her eyes as she mentally prepared herself for a head-on fight to the death with them.

Knight Of The Dark Void

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:32 am
Sabriel Thurirl

"Jesus, you guys are still using those models of pistol? Gross. Anyway, I was just hanging out with her. She's pretty cool I guess. But I can say this...you're in for a hell of a show after what you did to her people."

Leon quickly spun around, throwing a nasty hook kick into the arm on the man named Carl. From the crack it made, it sounded like his wrist was broken, but Leon didn't care at the moment. He stepped sideways quickly to throw off the other hunter's aim, then closed in for a step-roundhouse to the temple, trying to knock him out cold. After seeing he was at least dazed, he simply took the gun, and shot the two in the leg--once each, to make sure their movement was hindered. He then tossed the gun down a crack in the rock formation near the cave.

"See, you hunters don't seem to get something..."

He walked over to Carl, stepping on the blade previously pointed at him in the process. He knelt down, despite the rain, and got a bit closer.

"It's wrong to kill people for sport."

One of the first two hunters that arrived, witnessed the whole thing, and took aim at Leon. Leon noticed this, and turned his head slightly. He frowned, deciding that although dangerous, he had the bargaining tool.

"You even attempt a shot, this man's neck gets snapped. And based on his position right now, that's pretty easy to do."

The man, who was named Barkley, shivered, though it was unclear if due to the cold, or hesitation. He stood for a minute, then strengthened his aim, but remained cautious.

"Y-You're a psychopath!!!! What did that mermaid do to you!? Some...spell!?"

Leon smiled, noticing the break in focus.

"Oh no. She didn't do anything, besides one big thing. She gave me something to fight for. A world where you all lose your jobs, a world where you're forced to respect those that came before, and after humans. Now...drop the gun."  

CrimsonKlaw

Profitable Businessman

3,200 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Sabriel Thurirl

Hygienic Gawker

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:31 pm
Callisto Piscis-Piscis
Adventurous Mermaid

User Image While Leon was making short work of the other two, Callisto continued to charge the female who had her gun raised. She balled up her fist, hitting the woman square in the gut just as she managed to fire another bullet over Cal's shoulder. Bones crunched and the woman let out a rough sound, like all of the air had been forced from her lungs. The other female had the sheath of her sword raised and swung it down, hitting the back of Callisto's head.

User Image "Sh-s**t! No! Stop it, you--!"

User Image Was said as Callisto turned towards her, shifting with her fist still in the abdomen of the gun-wielding female. The weight felt like nothing to her, as did the hit to the back of her head. Were human females just really weak? Or perhaps had she attacked without the intent to kill. Cal sent the one's body flying at the other, unawares that the other gun-wielder was now fixated on Leon. The female looked as if she were trying to avoid getting hit by her friend but lacked the speed necessary to dodge in time. The female she'd punched was coughing, even spitting up bile and, if she bothered to look for long, a small amount of blood. Had they come with only minimal armor? Were the mermaids they were familiar with so weak? Why wasn't it harder to deal with these people if hunters were so fearsome?

User ImageCallisto heard the panicked voice of the other gunman and saw that he'd turned his gun on Leon. She hadn't been paying attention to their conversation, nor did she care that he was slowly lowering his weapon. She ran for him, raising her left elbow as she extended her right hand. She jumped towards him, throwing her elbow into his neck with her weight behind the hit as she pushed his arm down with her right hand. She heard the gun go off, perhaps accidentally, but was able to see that it was aimed towards the sand. She hoped that meant Leon hadn't been shot. She heard something snap as the two of them hit the ground, her elbow still against his neck.

User Image She looked him over quickly, seeing the color drain from his face. He didn't look like he was breathing, though she didn't bother to look at him all that long. She glanced at Leon briefly before she hurried over to the two females she'd knocked over. The one she'd punched was bent over, trembling and struggling to come to her senses. The other was scrambling to get to her feet.

User Image"'Cool'?! Dammit, man! Is that really enough for you to betray your species?!" Carl, who had been forced onto his knees, was glaring at Leon as if he'd personally betrayed him. There was something about him that seemed familiar though the older hunter couldn't recall just now. A young hunter who used martial arts wasn't uncommon but there was something about this one in particular that stoked the embers of a long shelved memory. As everything had been happening, he'd been trying to come up with an action plan that didn't end with all of the team being killed. No guns, he couldn't stand up and his wrist was broken. The girl who'd been hit in the face with what was basically a small boulder was still unconscious, the other two girls had failed enormously and couldn't be counted on and Barkley was also failing to act. Behind him, Hector was out of it though by the man's groans he knew that he was still awake.

User ImageEven stuck in this position, he was determined that he would never surrender. "You're a traitor to your own species, boy, and that future you're talking about will never happen! This world belongs to humankind, not them! Open your eyes, you damned idiot! You can't trust them! That mermaid may be nice to you now but she'd kill you without blinking an eye the moment you stop being useful to her! She may have saved you from the water, but for all you know she was planning on robbing you or having you for dinner! You can't trust monsters! The s**t I've seen over the years. All of it at their hands! And that blood will be on your hand too if you don't stop this idiocy! Think! It's not too late for you, kid!" If he could just get this kid to listen he'd be able to buy himself time to come up with a plan.

User Image Callisto kicked the woman named Jen in the shin, which caused her to fall over into the sand again. She stepped behind her, grabbing hold of the woman's arms to pull them behind her back. She noticed a small length of rope strapped to the woman's hip and used that to tie the woman's arms together quite tightly behind her back. She walked over to the other, who was still vomiting and unable to catch her breath. She intended to do the same to that woman as well as the other man, and then drag them both into the water to drown. She would do the same with the man she presumed to be dead.

User Image"No! It's not supposed to be like this. What the hell are you?!"

User Image Callisto ignored the woman's question. There wasn't much point in answering her, considering that she was going to kill her soon. Although, being a naturally curious person herself, she wanted to indulge the curiosity of other people in this case she wouldn't and couldn't answer. Maybe if their circumstances were a bit different she wouldn't mind sparring with this woman.

User ImageCarl would've kept ranting at Leon for as long as he was willing to listen but the fight was interrupted. The air crackled with energy and a woman's voice shouted from down the beach. A ball of electric energy was sent at Leon; a spell courtesy of the human mage who was slowly approaching them. "Cease your actions now, or I won't hesitate to kill you." The woman shouted loudly and clearly, face covered by the hood of her cloak. She held a long staff which lacked a stone, indicating that she wasn't a particularly strong magic user but still not to be taken lightly. She shifted hold of her staff, voice low as she initiated another lightning spell and sent it at him.

Knight Of The Dark Void

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:39 am
Sabriel Thurirl

While Carl was barking at him, Leon began to get visibly upset at the idea that the humans were innocent of anything within the fighting of the races.

"Their hands...? Their hands!?"

Leon bent down, pulling Carl up by his collar, and got in his face, with a face as furious as a thousand typhoons.

"How do you think I felt slaughtering hundreds of families!? Using kids as bargaining chips to kill innocent people, whose lives revolved around those kids, and nurturing them, and teaching to never do what I was told to do!? You praise yourself and the human race like you're a hero, someone who serves justice, and want to make peace. Well then, let me give you a few pointers, as the villain here..."

Leon pulled Carl to his feet again forcing him to stand up, and cracking his knuckles.

"Heroes serve everyone! Heroes love everyone! Heroes protect what other people can't! And most importantly...heroes never kill other people. Now I might be off a bit, but you violated quite a few of those rules."

With every emphasis, Leon dealt a body blow to Carl, ending with a blow to the head.

"But I guess that's why I'm the villain, then, right? Because for people like you?"

Leon walked closer again, pulling out his knife.

"I don't follow that last rule. Not this time."

Leon was about to deal the finishing blow to end the madness, when the mage interrupted him. Leon was certainly startled, but managed to step back in time for the first spell to miss. the sound cue was unmistakable. He turned to face to mage walking toward him. He had dealt with magic before, but not in a great while, and he did not know the level of her craft. He decided to test the waters a bit.

"So, you're with them? Surprised they haven't tried to back-stab you yet. What did you say your name was?"

He continued walking, adjusting his demeanor and speed only for the oncoming spells, which admittedly, where quicker by the second.  

CrimsonKlaw

Profitable Businessman

3,200 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Sabriel Thurirl

Hygienic Gawker

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:38 am
Callisto Piscis-Piscis
Adventurous Mermaid

User Image Over the gurgling and splashing water caused by the two humans she was forcibly drowning, Callisto heard the older man yelling at Leon. She turned her head to look that way, ignoring the struggles of her attackers in favor of trying to hear what was being said. It was almost beyond belief, if she hadn't heard similar things back home. This was different though. Nastier, and spat in the face of reality. She was still quite new to the surface world and as of yet didn't know about the feuds and wars. Of course she'd been told and she'd heard some of it from Leon, but this was something she couldn't understand. Her brow furrowed. She knew that the man wouldn't care anyway, but she wanted to scold him and tell him that she wasn't like that. She was completely taken aback by the sudden rage Leon unleashed on the older man.

User ImageShe could only stare, shocked, and listen in from a distance at what he was saying. She'd never seen this side of him. To this point she'd only known him to be sweet and gentle. Completely different from any other man she'd met. So to see him this angry made her feel scared for him. She didn't think him a liar or actor at all so she took the rage in his voice at face value. How long had he been keeping it in check? Even when confessing his past murders to her, or sharing very personal details of his life with her he'd never sounded like that. She had no way of knowing what it felt like to be used so utterly, but in listening to the pain in his voice she felt she had some idea now. She almost let go of the two girls, who were near death now and no longer struggling. But the sight of the new enemy reminded her of their current circumstances.

User ImageHow many more would come? Who else knew? She pulled the two above water level. They'd both ceased breathing and realized that the last people who could answer those questions were with Leon now. She could try resuscitating them, but there was no time...

User Image Every punch felt like someone was smashing him with a mace. Even at his age, with all that he'd seen, he had to admit that the pure unbridled fury in this kid's face had him feeling nervous. As blow after blow hit him, he thought he would end up dying at this rate. But worse than dying was the thought he'd end up losing to a soft-hearted b*****d like this kid. Hundreds? A guy so young had so many kills to his name? The tactics were ugly, but effective. This guy was a huge asset. How had he gone so wrong and twisted his morals like this? Carl would have retorted, but staying conscious was all he could manage after that beating.

User ImageThe female mage fired balls of energy at Leon repeatedly, accepting the drain on her mana as the cost for keeping him on the move. "It is apparent that you do not intend to cease your reprehensible actions, cretin." She shifted, both hands upon her staff as she side-stepped to keep some distance between them. She was rail-thin and light on her feet. Although not as fast as Leon was, she was still considered to be quite quick and had excellent reflexes. "You and that have been warned and failed to comply." She stopped casting for a moment in order to quickly chant another spell. The words left her lips at a rapid rate, a telling reveal of just how much time she spent practicing her spells. A lightning bolt was sent from the end of her staff, directly for Leon. The air sizzled and popped with the energy from it. While not deadly, getting hit once would easily numb and weaken wherever one was hit. She kept her distance, firing bolt after bolt at him in order to both attack and keep him at a distance.

Knight Of The Dark Void

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:25 am
Sabriel Thurirl

Leon was not prepared for the increase in speed and intensity of the spells, nor her ability to show off some agility of her own. In the middle of approaching, Leon was forced to try and back-sway a bolt, getting a nasty hit to the side of the face, and causing his cheek to bleed quite a bit. His temper was like a little flame at this point. Though enraged, he analyzed the situation.

She was only seemingly effective at range, and her actions when Leon approached told of her unwillingness to put herself in a disadvantage situation. That resulted in higher level spells. But mana was limited. This meant one thing: Leon would have to play a risky game of dodgeball with her spells until she had to start downgrading to lower intensity to save energy. He wasn't sure where Callisto was at that point, all he was concerned about was keeping her safe.

"Why waste your talents here? I got where I am be working with other species and trading knowledge. Why would you commit to wanting to end them when there are so many spells and techniques you can gain, and even teach?"  

CrimsonKlaw

Profitable Businessman

3,200 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Sabriel Thurirl

Hygienic Gawker

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:08 am
User Image The mage had little choice but to continue the volley of energy balls in order to keep Leon back. Between keeping an eye on him and the mermaid who was still by the water, she was also looking to her fallen companions. The blood on his face was encouraging, but not enough to validate the amount of mana she was using to keep him back. It was becoming more and more obvious that she couldn't keep this up. When she'd arrived, upon seeing the rest of the team had been felled she'd reacted emotionally. She typically fought from a distance, aiding her companions from afar so they could end a fight quickly and cleanly. Without them she had no chance of settling this conflict and at this point retreat wasn't an option.

User ImageShe caught movement from another direction, this time two of the others were getting up. The female whose face had been smashed in and the male who'd been knocked out moments before. There was hope yet! She just had to buy time. "This is war, you fool!" She yelled at Leon, hopping back as she sent another, smaller energy ball at him. She wanted to put as much distance between them as she could so that she could use a stronger spell. She also had no idea when others would show up to investigate the commotion. There just wasn't enough time for this nonsense. "I won't be moralized to by a man who was trying to kill my teammates!" Her plan was to keep him distracted and talking. That would allow the two others to fight back before his partner in crime could reach him.

Knight Of The Dark Void

Vampire Island: Main Areas

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces