Welcome to Gaia! ::

Digimon: Tamer Island Guild

Back to Guilds

#1 Digimon Guild where you can actually be a Tamer with your very own Digimon. 

Tags: Digimon, Tamer, Island, Digimon Tamer, Tamer Island 

Reply Walter Island (Official Contest Forum)
Cinco De Mayo!!! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Shadow of Miracles generated a random number between 1810 and 2014 ... 2003!

Shadow of Miracles

Friendly Seeker

6,800 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 11:43 am
Shadow of Miracles
Shadow of Miracles
Show your ability to do the unlikely and win this contest by randomizing a number and beating the odds. Randomize a number between 1810 and 2014 (The Years Mexico has been a country.) and get 1862. PM me with a link (Lief_7) to your winning roll!

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 12:25 pm
Contest 1 has been won by Windy! Has anyone made any avis for contest 2?  

lief_7
Crew

nuGen Staff Lead

22,875 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Gaian 50

lief_7
Crew

nuGen Staff Lead

22,875 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 7:59 am
Don't forget to send in submissions for DTI Cinco de Mayo Avi contest, show me your party avis or hispanic avis or avis bases on the famous battle or even Digimon bases on hispanic heritage. Anything that might have anything todo with Cinco de Mayo or celebrating. Hope to see lots of cool ones!  
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 6:20 am
I only have 2 entries, if you still want to enter there is still time, but it ends tomorrow, if you have not PMed me with it or posted it here it has not been entered. Even if you don't have a discription or research you can still enter, I just basically wanted to know why your character fit the theme. Anyways, it will end tomorrow, so hurry up!  

lief_7
Crew

nuGen Staff Lead

22,875 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Gaian 50

Shadow of Miracles

Friendly Seeker

6,800 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 9:17 am
Okay so I tried to make an avatar in tektek, but the image won't show up. I don't know what's wrong with tektek, but here is my submission (I hope it can be seen)....

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

source(s):
- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cinco_de_Mayo
- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ignacio_Zaragoza

This avatar is none other than Ignacio Zaragoza Seguin who was a general in the Mexican army, best known for defeating the invading French forces at the Battle of Puebla on May 5, 1862. This event is now celebrated in both the United States and Mexico as the Cinco de Mayo.

When the forces of Napoleon III invaded in the French intervention in Mexico, Zaragoza's forces fought them first at Acultzingo where he was forced to withdraw. Zaragoza understood the favorable defensive positions outside of the city of Puebla, and with a force that was smaller and not as well equipped as his opponent, he beat back repeated French assaults upon the Mexican positions at Forts Loreto and Guadalupe. The French were forced to retreat.

This man knows how to kick French butt and it was thanks to his victory against the French Army that the people of Mexico celebrate Cinco de Mayo today.  
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 10:00 am
Shadow of Miracles
Okay so I tried to make an avatar in tektek, but the image won't show up. I don't know what's wrong with tektek, but here is my submission (I hope it can be seen)....

source(s):

This avatar is none other than Ignacio Zaragoza Seguin who was a general in the Mexican army, best known for defeating the invading French forces at the Battle of Puebla on May 5, 1862. This event is now celebrated in both the United States and Mexico as the Cinco de Mayo.

When the forces of Napoleon III invaded in the French intervention in Mexico, Zaragoza's forces fought them first at Acultzingo where he was forced to withdraw. Zaragoza understood the favorable defensive positions outside of the city of Puebla, and with a force that was smaller and not as well equipped as his opponent, he beat back repeated French assaults upon the Mexican positions at Forts Loreto and Guadalupe. The French were forced to retreat.

This man knows how to kick French butt and it was thanks to his victory against the French Army that the people of Mexico celebrate Cinco de Mayo today.

Hum, I don't seem to be able to see your avi, I tried following the link and everything, the items show up and what not but no avi!? Maybe you could get a screen shot of it or something?  

lief_7
Crew

nuGen Staff Lead

22,875 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Gaian 50

Shadow of Miracles

Friendly Seeker

6,800 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 10:38 am
lief_7
Shadow of Miracles

source(s):

Hum, I don't seem to be able to see your avi, I tried following the link and everything, the items show up and what not but no avi!? Maybe you could get a screen shot of it or something?

I wish I could, but even when I edit the avatar nothing shows up.

It was working fine when I made the avi, but when I clicked to save it just went blank. Then I tried to edit again, but it was just blank and I couldn't see the avi at all.  
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 10:46 am
Shadow of Miracles
lief_7
Shadow of Miracles

source(s):

I wish I could, but even when I edit the avatar nothing shows up.

It was working fine when I made the avi, but when I clicked to save it just went blank. Then I tried to edit again, but it was just blank and I couldn't see the avi at all.

Hum, well that sucks, if you get it figured out let me know, if others have the same problem I might extend the window but probably not since I won't be on this weekend  

lief_7
Crew

nuGen Staff Lead

22,875 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Gaian 50

Shadow of Miracles

Friendly Seeker

6,800 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 10:51 am
The problem was resolved 3nodding thanks to a friend.

source(s):
- http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/4e/Monumento_Ignacio_Zaragoza.jpg

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 11:13 am
i went more festival with some hertiage: so i went dancer:

With celebrations, which is oddly celebrated more in the US than Mexico -surprise right?- there's marachi music and dancing as well many traditional foods. I wanted to go traditional dancing but there weren't real clothes that would it do justice to make a very pretty mexican female dancer. [also it's really limited on ethnic clothes too ^^;] I also added the eagle since it's a part of the mexican flag.

source: Cinco de Mayo Mexico Flag  

Xx_Yume_Shinkirou_xX

Beloved Seeker

14,725 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500

Ethan Kirito Soul

Newbie Seeker

6,225 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 1:42 pm
User Image

Cinco De Mayo, the Fifth Day of May, I dont really know much about this festive occasion. But that wont stop me from happily taking part in this Party! Cinco De Mayo for the win!

-This American College Student taking part in a Modern Rave Party on Cinco De Mayo, a Holiday celebrated in Mexico and the US. Created after the Cival War to celebrate their freedom, but its not Mexican Independence Day. So dont get the two Confused, sorry for the lack of info on it. I just dont wanna copy from other sources too much. ^o^-

Source  
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 2:33 pm
User Image

While the Flag of the Estados Unidos de Mexico ( that’s right; United States of Mexico) wasn’t established officially in its form until 1821, it depicts a story of Mexico culture from the ancient peoples known as the Aztecs.

Supposedly in 1325 long before most of North America was “discovered” the Aztecs were populating the area known as Mexico today with a relatively great civilization.

Mexico...
Mexico...
Mexico, ******** YEAH!
Coming again, to save the mother ******** day yeah,
Mexico, ******** YEAH!
Freedom is the only way yeah,
French People your game is through cause now you have to answer too,
Mexico, ******** YEAH!
So lick my butt, and suck on my balls,
Mexico, ******** YEAH!
What you going to do when we come for you now,
it's the dream that we all share; it's the hope for ******** YEAH!

TacoBell, ******** YEAH!
TacoJohns, ******** YEAH!
Cinco de Mayo, ******** YEAH!
Footbol, ******** YEAH!
Fifa, ********, YEAH!
Mariachi, ******** YEAH!
Spanish Rice, ******** YEAH!
Hot Desert, ******** ******** YEAH!

Source:
Flag Power!!!
Inspiration
Flaggssss  

KiroMishima
Crew

lief_7
Crew

nuGen Staff Lead

22,875 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 9:45 am
Roughly 2 hours till closing, everyone send in any entries you might have!  
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 12:21 pm
Contest 2 is now closed, Thank you for all the entries, I will now decide a winner along with the help of a guest judge. Be back soon smile

lief_7
Crew

nuGen Staff Lead

22,875 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Gaian 50

lief_7
Crew

nuGen Staff Lead

22,875 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 7:12 am
The winner of the Costume contest is..... Yume!!!

Congratulations to all competitors!

Xx_Yume_Shinkirou_xX

Im WindSpirit

MisterSmokes

Winners please claim your prizes/ donate them now smile  
Walter Island (Official Contest Forum)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items