Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark
Arc 2 - Heart of a Monster (Completed) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 80 81 82 83 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 11:01 pm
"And your thoughts?" Revenge would say to Lavander, tossing a look in her direction.  
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 10:38 pm
Abigail (Abby) Morgan
User Image

Seeming to grow a bit impatient, Abby would interject. "I am not expert on these things but I think the top of a hill will be fine. If something decided to attack us, I'm sure we would have no trouble fending it off, especially if Valac is as powerful as he claims to be." Abby would add in the last part with a wink.

Abby would guide the wagon down the winding trail until they found a relatively clear hilltop. In fact, it looked like the spot had been used as a rest spot for travelers in the past. The surrounding area could be surveyed well from the top of it, but it also meant it was observable by others as well. There was just enough time to set up camp before the light began to fall. Abby would then broach the subject, "Well then, what order shall we stand watch tonight?"  

Kowsauni
Crew

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 11:48 pm
"I'll take second watch," Revenge responded rather flatly. Reaching up and touching his holy symbol to bring attention to it, he would add, "The middle of the night is when Sehanine is most receptive to the prayers of her followers."  
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 1:16 pm
Kuori shrugged at the religious bit and said, "I will take first watch or last watch, either way. My vision at night isn't great."  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 3:30 pm
"I don't care which watch I get. I'll take them all if needed." Valac answered.  
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 7:54 pm
"Okay, well, I'll take the first watch, then, and Kuori can take the last. I'm used to staying up late, and I'm just a beast if I have to get up early." Twyla laughed, seeming totally unconcerned, but her eyes scanned the darkness anyway.

"We sure are up high,"
she said quietly.  

AlphabetFish

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 9:16 pm
Abigail (Abby) Morgan
User Image

"Very well then, Twyla will take first watch, I'll stand second watch with Revenge, Valac will take third and Kuori can keep a watchful eye from then until morning. With this many people, watches will only need to be about two hours or so to get through the night. But first let us all get something to eat. I did some shopping the night before we left."

From a chest in her wagon, Abby would produce a collection of tubers and vegetables. She would then turn to Petra, who for the first time during this trip, had removed her hood to reveal her more reptilian aspects. "Petra, would you be so kind as to gather some wood?" Petra would nod and scamper off to collect pieces from around the top of the hill while Abby began to cheerily peel and chop up the vegetables.

Before long, and with a little help from the rest of the party, a roaring campfire fire was set up at the center of the hill and Abby began to cook vegetable stew. The sun set quickly and just as the last light faded to darkness, Abby announced the food was ready to eat.  
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 8:46 pm
Revenge would take up a position close to Abby, holding his halberd with both hands as he sat upon a nearby large rock. He would seem to flipflop between watching her with admiration, and looking about the area, as if on guard from an attack by some unseen enemy.

When food would be prepared, he would decline his share until everyone else had theirs. If Abby waited until such a time too, then he would take supper with her.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 3:46 pm
Valac takes his share of the vegetable soup and take it to sit so he can stare easily at the fire.  
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 5:54 pm
Kuori would go with Petra and enjoy her soup before turning in for sleep very quickly.  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150

AlphabetFish

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 8:47 pm
Twyla, having first watch, tried hard to keep her energy levels up. She sat at the fire with her bowl of vegetable stew (which, she was a little sad to see, contained only vegetables) and began to tell little stories about her life back among nobles in the courts.

The mood around the fire was a little solemn and restrained. Lack of drink, thought Twyla. Her stories didn't go over as well when no one was liquored up. She ended up just pulling out her harp and practicing. At first she "practiced" the songs she knew she was best at, to look as impressive as possible, but gradually she fell to working on a new song in Elvish she'd made up about an Ettin crashing a festival. It was a pretty lively tune, and she realized abruptly that she'd have to stop as the night drew on, and it became time for her watch.

As the fire dwindled and the others began to prepare for sleep, Twyla looked out into the darkness and tried not to think about what might be out there.  
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 1:51 am
Once she had seen everyone else had been served, Abby would make herself her own bowl and sit next to Revenge around the campfire. The soup was quite good as the vegetables must have been fresh out of the ground only the day before. Abby would cuddle up as close to her husband as his plate mail would allow and attempt to make conversation with him, though she seemed unsure what to talk about. She mostly talked about her life with Petra in town during the past few weeks.

At some point Petra would wander up to the couple. After an awkward moment of silence, she would say, "...So, I know I was going to sleep in the wagon with you, Abby... but I think I would rather sleep under the stars tonight; it's been a while since I have been able to freely be outside. I kind of want to enjoy it." Petra would cast a sideways glance at Revenge. "So, uh, I hope you don't mind."

This news seem to come as a bit of a surprise to Abby, who would simply respond. "Oh, ok. Whatever makes you happy." Abby would finish up the rest of her meal then announce she would be retiring for the night. She would pause for a moment, then lean in and give Revenge a quick kiss on the cheek. Looking embarrassed, she would then move off to the wagon and disappear inside through the flaps of the cover.  

Kowsauni
Crew

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 7:54 pm
Revenge would give a concerned look to Petra, though he seemed to internally relent pretty quickly. "Stay where someone can see you at all times, okay? And make some noise if you feel you're in danger at any point. While I'm sure you can take care of yourself," he would say, forcing a smirk, "Think of the rest of us who might be caught unprepared."

After the kiss on the cheek from Abby, he did avert his gaze somewhat, but he did genuinely smile to himself. "I suppose I'll see most of you in the morning. Good night." He would turn and follow Abby towards the wagon.

Once inside, he would say to Abby, "I could use a hand removing this armor. I don't understand how most fighters can sleep in this stuff, let alone be comfortable." Lowering his voice slightly, mainly out of consideration to the others, he would add, "I have something of a confession to make." He would frown sadly upon uttering those words. When the armor-removing process began, either by his hand or Abby's, he would emphasize "It involves the kind of man I've become, and I'm dubious that you'll be happy."  
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 3:31 am
Abigail (Abby) Morgan
User Image

Abby seemed unsure that Revenge would follow her, but seemed to be glad that he had decided to spend the night with her. As she helped him out of his armor she would respond casually to his words of doubt. "Oh, well, perhaps you should let me be the judge of that. The only thing I know is the man you are now and that is my husband. In fact, I think you have me at a disadvantage, for I am not the same woman you married, but you still have those memories of who I once was. Please cherish those memories, and don't judge me too harshly if I don't live up to up them. Let us learn to to accept and love each other for who we are now."

After helping Revenge out of his armor, she would move around to the front of him and smile reassuringly. "You have given me proof that I existed and provided me with a life I never thought I would find again... so tell me: what is it that has got you so worried? Let me put your mind at ease."  

Kowsauni
Crew

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 11:06 am
Arc 1
Flying back into her rage, Corsica twists around and lashes out at S3 with her massive pincers. She catches the hapless soldier in both claws and lifts him high into the air. A malevolent glint flashes into Corsica's eyes (action point). Before the man even has a chance to scream, her claws pull in opposite directions and rip the soldier in half. She tosses the pieces of his body to the side and turns to the other Arian soldiers around her. Covered in blood, she smiles menacingly. "Who's next? It's time for you to face the monster you created!"

Arc 1
Ying looks at her sister. Her body is grievously wounded. A gash on her head bleeds into one of her eyes causing her to hold it shut. "No... I can't leave you. Everyone is fighting for us. We... we can win our freedom. I will not run." Ying climbs back to her feet. A fierce look of determination burns in her eyes. She turns to S15. She raises her centipede tail high in the air before bringing it crashing down on the solider, crushing him beneath it. Ying flinches, knowing she has just taken a life. She breathes heavily and mutters underneath her breath. "For my sister."

"During the fight where Kuori and the others protected Ying and Corsica from Aria... before I truly knew the truth that forced that engagement..." He paused. "I tried to strike down Corsica with my own weapon. I tried to encourage the other adventurers to do the same. There was so much... so much carnage. We had gone there to stop the girls ourselves, and we were outnumbered... it was the only thing I could think of at the time to save the most lives possible."

If given a chance to continue, he would say more. "The other adventurers didn't listen, of course. Partly because they knew I was wrong, partly because they were just as violent... I had to quickly abandon that plan. But knowing what I know now, I don't think I had made a bad decision at that time for my limited understanding in that moment. You should know that Naeem has become a man willing to put someone you care about to the sword if the situation was dire enough." He closed his eyes.

"I would do anything to prevent such unnecessary bloodshed."

Arc 2
Abby would respond to Kuori's question. "My magical abilities are mostly illusory in nature, but I am more than capable of taking care of myself. I can't take on an entire division of Arian soldiers..." Abby smiles for a moment "...Well, maybe I could, but I have no intention of finding out. Using my abilities is problematic and will draw more attention than I desire."

[D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 80 81 82 83 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games